PDA

View Full Version : Taste in music / Psychic attack

Donald McGlinn
16th June 2005, 12:53 PM
Hi Alex,

What you propose is a fascinating idea.

I must state here though, that my sense of right wouldn't allow me to stand back and not help someone who needed help in the name of science. Especially as the study is aimed at psychic attack.

I am not suggesting any negativity to your proposal, I am simply voicing a personal limitation (?) in regard to the health and safety of others.

I know double blind testing is essential in science to produce reliable and repeatable results and I know the argument of long term help and safety etc is a valid one.

However, that doesn't mean your suggestion isn't a good idea.

Anyone else wish to comment?

Donald

Donald McGlinn
16th June 2005, 02:29 PM
If you would like to write a serious proposal, I am happy to present it to Robert. :)

Donald

Donald McGlinn
17th June 2005, 11:01 AM
Hi Alex,

Write up as much as you can on your own, then I am happy to present it personally to Robert on your behalf if you wish.

Knowing Robert as well as I do, if you do a good job you may find yourself working directly with him.

Donald

Akashic_Librarian
31st October 2005, 02:23 PM
WOW! this is the first time i have seen a psychic study being undertaken and been seriously thought out. I hope you have good luck if you do it. :D

Quantitativefool
1st November 2005, 02:31 AM
Alex, have you had any progress on this endeavor or still setting it up? If you need any help feel free to PM or Email me and I'll help as I can.

-Stu

Murraya
10th July 2006, 02:32 PM
My personnal experience is that when a neg (which is not often :lol: ) attachs in my throat, I sing and it does help a lot....Classical music too such as mozart's requiem, is a perfect way.

But singing is a way to help with lack of energy in the throat.

Elevation in general an reharmonising body and soul through this exercice.

wstein
11th July 2006, 03:42 AM
The idea is interesting. I don't think that your protocol actually addresses the premise.

What your protocol would measure is the effect spiritual healing on musical taste.

Healing and psychic attacks are not directly related.

Adding additional outside 'help' just clouds the situation of attacks by adding another variable.

I would strongly suggest that a 'no music' preference be considered. I have noticed that the people strongest in avoiding and defending attacks listen to the least music. Of course my sample set is too small to reach any broad conclusion. However, its possible that listening to music of any kind invites attacks or that people who are attacked use music as a self-medication.

---------

Ideally to address the premise, all groups would be randomly attacked to determine their vulnerability. This of course has some ethical issues. Then for a control, the groups would randomly be assigned different music to see if there is any change.

Perhaps the ethics can be skirted by using subjects already being attacked rather than initiating it as part of the experiment.

First the participants would be interviewed as to what music they currently listen to and to the nature of them being attacked. Then for the first study period, the participants would simply document their actual music habits and the attacks they experience.

Then each participant would bring in the album/CD/MP3s they listened to most.

Then in the second study period, the participants would be given random music from the ones collected above. They would then be instructed to play the given music in place of their usual music. Again they would record the actual music listened to and the attacks they experience.

More study periods could be added by reshuffling the same music collections.

Although not a clean way to do it, it would give a comparison for a specific collections of music. Perhaps by classifying the music, trends could noticed. This does not rule out possibility that specific music causes the effect rather than the more general genre.

The down side is that if some music does invite attacks, some would be exposed to more than their usual problems. This could be mitigated a bit by not insisting that people only listen to the music given to them as long as the accurately document what they listened to.

star
11th July 2006, 04:54 PM
Might just depend on the person, I know I can listen to Black Metal and still get fine energetic effects. :)

Sachiel
26th December 2006, 12:31 AM
^^ I agree. I'm reading a book, slightly outdated, channeled by saint Germain, in which he states that most modern music is charged with chaotic energy which is detrimental to psychic development, but I'm not sure he considered the possibility of different interpretation, shields, or the bit about how drug influence on his main reference (the Beatles) may have been the source of discord, because the music certainly was positive.

Not my cup of knowledge. I don't like tea, much.