PDA

View Full Version : is this effective programming for my mirror shield?

Seeuzin
12th October 2009, 02:29 AM
So I've been experimenting some with mirror shields lately, to do a "return-to-sender" on some negative energy that's been being sent my way. At first, I found I couldn't really put one up. It was too hard to visualize a mirror-bubble encasing my entire self while simultaneously feeling it tactilely, and while making sure there were no gaps in my visualization or tactile sense of the mirrors. Then I talked to the reiki master I go see about it, and she said that simply visualizing/feeling it as best I could (without trying excessively hard) while stating my intention would do the trick.

So I tried it tonight, and it seemed to work. I stated my intention as follows:

"'Return-to-sender' mirror of protection be around me. Mirror be seamless, and last for two hours."

I modeled the phrase after the "circle of protection" technique, thinking that if I specified that it was a mirror of protection, then it would not "return-to-sender" any energy that I didn't need protecting from; similar to how the circle works, it would let the positive through. I'm going to feel things out over the next two hours and see if I am able to receive positive energy without having to consciously specify in each instance that it can get through the mirrors.

What do the more experienced shield-users here think? Is it possible to program a mirror shield to only let in positive and to reflect negative, and if so, is this a good way to do it? That's why I specified that it only last two hours. I don't want to have this shield reflecting things indiscriminately.

On a semi-unrelated note...WOOHOO! I made my first shield that actually does seem to filter out at least some negative stuff. This is so huge for me! And I wouldn't have gotten to this point so quickly without nudging from the community here. Thank you, especially CaterpillarWoman, who really drove the point home.

wstein
12th October 2009, 02:50 AM
I applaud your success. I also note your good instinct considering the long term effect of a shield and to put a termination clause on the intent.

(Mirror) shields can be built to filter specific kinds of energy. Obviously in general they are more difficult to control. When you feel present (not all worn out) try shifting your intent to include a filter. Some trial and error is usually involved in finding the right way to allow and block the right combination of energies. Be ready to go back to the basic one, if the effects are not what you want.

Rather than using the positive and negative terminology, I would suggest one of the following:
-allow MY energy in and return the rest
-allow energy that Nurtures me and reflect the rest
This is more clear and to the point. Positive and negative are relative and open to interpretation. This vagueness leaves wiggle room to sneak in energies that are not in your best interest. What you want is to keep out energy that harms you.

I am probably going to hear some squawking about this, but... I do NOT recommend using the 'highest good' phrase. You are trying to protect THIS you, not the bigger you. Your higher self may have other priorities that conflict with yours.

Also until you feel safe, I suggest keeping out unknown or neutral energies to simplify the situation. This also makes it more clear when 'bad' stuff gets in.

ButterflyWoman
12th October 2009, 01:50 PM
Is it possible to program a mirror shield to only let in positive and to reflect negative, and if so, is this a good way to do it? That's why I specified that it only last two hours. I don't want to have this shield reflecting things indiscriminately.
What I filter for is something like: ill intentions, anger, hate, ill will, and any thoughtform, idea, emotion, or energy which is intended for other than my highest good.

That pretty much covers it.

Generally, I don't do the return to sender thing unless I've got a very good idea where it's coming from, and it's the only way to get someone to lay off. I prefer to have the incoming ill-intentions dissipate harmlessly, if at all possible.

The thing with all this is, "negative" and "positive" are very much contextual, meaning, energy is energy. It's the intention of the sender (or the creator of the thoughtform) that makes it "negative" or "positive". That's just a good thing to keep in mind when you're wording your own intentions.

Thank you, especially CaterpillarWoman, who really drove the point home.
You're very welcome, and I'm glad to hear it's helping. :)

I've gotten to where I shield without even thinking about it very much. When I do think about it, I refresh the shield, but for the most part, I just automatically draw energy from the earth and heavens (that's just my particular visualisation to keep from expending my own energy; you can use anything you want) and shield against ill-intentions and things that are not in my highest good. I've also found that the more I practice shielding, the more flexible I can be, on a moment's notice. The shielding I seem to generate now is much more fluid than it used to be. I don't know when/how this really changed, but I think it's just something that comes with practice (maybe a bit like how you can slip into a trance more and more easily with practice).

Oh, also, if you DO know where something is coming from, you can construct a sheild against that source, specifically. I have a full on wall against my parents, for example, but it only applies to them. You don't have to know a name, though. You can actually use a signifier like "any being or entity who intends for me other than my highest good" or something like that.

I wonder if I can extend my shield to include physical things, like the pointy corner of an open kitchen cabinet. Ow.

Seeuzin
12th October 2009, 03:51 PM
Wstein and CaterpillarWoman, thank you for your replies. I understand what you both are saying about the words "positive" and "negative." Do you think that saying "mirror of protection be around me" will work similarly to the Circle of Protection technique in that it will reflect back what I need protecting from, while also letting the rest through? I like it cause it's short, lol. If it doesn't work that way though, I'll try CaterpillarWoman's suggestion about filtering out those specific things.

Generally, I don't do the return to sender thing unless I've got a very good idea where it's coming from, and it's the only way to get someone to lay off.
CaterpillarWoman, I'd like to go into more detail on that, because it's a really good point. I forgot to tell the whole story in my original post. I'm not only trying to "return-to-sender" negative vibes from a person, I'm also trying to return positive energy that is being sent by a friend. She gives so much of herself to me it's unbelievable, to the point that it was negatively affecting both of us for a while...for her, it was extremely draining. For me, though the energy always felt good, like a sweetness in my heart, I found that I had taken in so much of her personal energy that my natural reactions to situations were altered to be more in line with what she might do or say in a situation. Without even intending it, she was partially overriding my willpower chakra with her energy. (I asked the reiki master I work with about this, and she confirmed that this was exactly what was happening.) Some of these effects were nice - for instance, I was less socially awkward and more outgoing. People responded to me more positively because of this. But I also picked up some negative patterns, and in any case, I know that any alteration of my natural reactions is probably not a good thing.

She sends subconsciously even when I ask her to stop, which is partly my fault. I grasp and cling to her energies and restart the flow. I'll ask her to stop, she'll stop for a few mins, and then say something to the effect of "but you really need it" in response to my energetic grasping, and then she starts the flow again. Or sometimes she doesn't say it, but I just feel the flow restart. I worked with the reiki master on this grasping/clinging "needy" feeling last night, and she helped me seal things so that I can feel the neediness and do Inner Dissolving on that feeling without the grasping actually reaching my friend's energy field. And most importantly, the reiki master taught me how and then I set up the "return-to-sender" shield so that my friend can get her personal power returned back to her. It's not enough to simply set my intention to return what power of hers I have, because whenever I've done that in the past I feel her pass it back to me almost as soon as it leaves me. I then have trouble continuing to set my intention over and over again like I should, because she just keeps sending it back, and finally I'm like "what the heck...she's not going to stop anyway, and this feels so good." With a "return to sender" shield, this process of returning her energy is constantly maintained without me having to think about it all the time.

Oh, what a tangled mess this is between me and her lol. I don't know why I forgot to put this in the original post. I guess because I feel that my clinging to this friend's energy is so shameful. I never thought of myself as a psychic vampire, but this sure seems to fit the bill. I'm really embarrassed with myself, even though I realize that she is sending intentionally, which blurs the line separating what's stealing from what isn't.

And in closing, you're right, CaterpillarWoman, I should try to set my shield to dissipate detrimental energies from the one person while reflecting my friend's well-intentioned energies back to her. I'm not sure I'm ready for something that complicated yet, seeing as how I just got this to work last night, but I'll play around with it and see what happens.

CFTraveler
12th October 2009, 04:27 PM
I almost forgot: *Squawk!*
Carry on.

Seeuzin
12th October 2009, 04:55 PM
What was that about?

CFTraveler
12th October 2009, 07:08 PM
Walter knows.

wstein
12th October 2009, 10:45 PM