PDA

View Full Version : Reality Sandwich

Neil Templar
20th October 2009, 05:39 PM
cool site i just discovered
http://www.realitysandwich.com/

Palehorse Redivivus
20th October 2009, 06:09 PM
I love RS! I've been meaning to see who I have to ki--*cough* talk to, to become a contributor, lol. A lot of their existing contributors are people whose material I've liked a lot in books and other places; it's cool to have them all contained in one place. :P

http://www.realitysandwich.com/are_we_possessed

Was meaning to stick that in the PSD forum, but in any case I've been getting a lot out of it. Ties in Jungian stuff, Shamanistic stuff and much (but not all IMO) of what is behind the neg issue.

*three thumbs up*

CFTraveler
20th October 2009, 06:50 PM
Awesome find.
Never mind me, I'm selecting parts I really liked, because someday I'm going to quote them, and I want to have it handy.

"Complexes are the living elemental units of the psyche, acting like the focal or nodal points of psychic life, in which the energy charge of the various archetypes of the collective unconscious are concentrated."

I really liked this definition.

"Possession is synonymous with bondage. Jung comments that in states of possession it comes down to "the same age-old experience: something objectively psychic and strange to us, not under our control, is fixedly opposed to the sovereignty of our will."

This one too.

"Due to their lack of association with the conscious ego, autonomous complexes are typically not open to being influenced, educated, nor corrected by "reality.""

The crucial part, and why mindfulness and self examination is so important: "If left un-reflected upon, these demons or autonomous complexes wreak havoc for everyone within their sphere of influence."

"Obsession refers to certain ideas that have taken possession of the person. We can become possessed by unshakable ideas of the way things should be or who we think we are, oppressing and tyrannizing both ourselves and others who hold a different viewpoint in the process. Jung writes"

"A demon or autonomous complex will shape-shift and do everything in its power to resist being illumined, for once it is seen, its autonomy and omnipotence are taken away. Anchored, connected and related to consciousness, the demon or autonomous complex can then no longer vaporize back into the unconscious, which is to say it is no longer able to possess us from behind and beneath our conscious awareness so as to compel us to unwittingly act it out and do its bidding".

Name objectifies it, makes it get out. I really like that.
I'm going to create a shadow topic for the SDF because it should also be there too.

http://www.realitysandwich.com/are_we_possessed

Ouroboros
20th October 2009, 08:32 PM
Neat site, lots of interesting articles!

wstein
20th October 2009, 11:22 PM
more mayo, hold the pickles :wink:

CFTraveler
21st October 2009, 02:09 AM
Now I'm hungry.
Mmmm, brownies.

Ouroboros
21st October 2009, 02:30 AM
No fair, bringing brownies into the mix.

Now I want chocolate x.x