PDA

View Full Version : Want to learn how to heal yourself? In less than 30 minutes

3rd February 2006, 05:10 AM
Just thought I'd share a healing technique that anyone can learn. Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) is an energy form of healing that you can use on yourself. I'm certified in it, but Gary Craig's website has a free download that will teach you the basics. Here's some of the things it can help...straight from his site...

Pain Management, Addictions, Weight loss, Allergies, Children's Issues, Vision, Headaches, Panic/Anxiety, Asthma, Trauma, PTSD, Abuse, Depression, Dyslexia, Carpal Tunnel, Anger, ADD-ADHD, Fears/phobias, Eating disorders, OCD, Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Neuropathy, Fear of Flying, Claustrophobia, Agoraphobia, Anorexia/Bulimia

I'm guessing that some of you already use it or have heard of it. Wonderful technique! http://www.emofree.com

Dragon's Daughter
3rd February 2006, 12:50 PM
Thanks for sharing this! I love picking up new healing techniques. :)

DD

Quantitativefool
4th February 2006, 11:56 PM
AH yes, It is a wonderful technique, I'm about to take the EFT-ADV Certification test. But yeah very effective and incredibly simple!

Yay for Gary :D

-Stu

Ascendant
5th February 2006, 01:02 AM
Heh, too bad it costs an exorbitant amount of money... I mean, $60 for 13 hours of video? I'm willing to bet that it didn't even cost $60 to produce the originals, let alone the copies. Seems like a suspiciously high amount.

It does make interesting claims, however.

5th February 2006, 04:11 AM
Gary Craig lets you download the basic manual (something like 80 pages, unless I'm getting senile) for FREE! I hardly think this is too costly. You can learn the technique at home, by yourself, without paying anyone. The tapes and videos are mostly for professionals who incorporate EFT in their practice, although anyone can buy them. Also, you get ongoing e-mails for FREE with testimonials and ideas for more ways to use EFT. Don't be so jaded, did you even look at the website (first page) before making a judgement about it?

5th February 2006, 04:28 AM
Hey Quantitativefool,
Good for you! I'm a Certified Level 2 practitioner. Does the advanced have a level number to it? Did you learn it at a school or a workshop, or completely through the videos? I teach it to every one of my clients and give them a cheat sheet on the basic recipe so they won't forget the sequence.

Did you see the video with the woman whose parents were Holocaust survivors and she had taken on their pain and fear? Amazing, after working with Gary for about 20 minutes, she was laughing about how ridiculous it was for her to take on their pain and let it affect her own life so badly.

I used to use it on myself mostly for anxiety. My body responded to it so well, that I don't even have to do a round anymore. If I'm anxious about anything, I just tap about 8 times on by third eye chakra, and I'm good to go!

cheyyne
8th February 2006, 12:35 AM
Hey, very interesting. I'll definitely give it a check-out. I always seem to run my healing techniques together, so throwing another into the potpourri can only help things!

EDIT: Also... 60 bucks for so many videos is really actually quite cheap compared to other prices for similar systems...

star
8th February 2006, 12:42 AM
Just google prices for reiki for something to compare to.

cheyyne
8th February 2006, 10:00 PM
I got my reiki attunement at http://www.xehupatl.com. It's not a scam, the guy's good about it's, it's free too. He has quite a selection of styles, I don't know that much about the different reiki styles or how effective they are, but I do know that I felt something coming through.

Ascendant
23rd February 2006, 09:11 PM
The manual itself states that it's pretty much useless without the DVD's. I did download it, but when I read that the DVD's would be required to actually be effective I pretty much abandoned it. As a college student, I'm not exactly rich--and who even knows if this method is more effective than others?

So I think I'll pass. Unless you think that the manual contains enough information to do anything, in which case I'd be willing to experiment.

24th February 2006, 07:04 PM
I got my reiki attunement at http://www.xehupatl.com. It's not a scam, the guy's good about it's, it's free too. He has quite a selection of styles, I don't know that much about the different reiki styles or how effective they are, but I do know that I felt something coming through.
But is it any good?

25th February 2006, 12:07 AM
The basic downloadable manual should have the basic recipe. That's all you need. Like I said before, the DVD's are more for people who are using EFT in their professional practice, although anyone can try them. And, yes, it works. But, it's just like any other healing modality. You have to:
1) Be ready and willing to be healed
2) Believe that you will be healed
3) Stick with it even though it doesn't work the first time. Some kinds of pain (emotional and physical) are so ingrained that it takes time to heal them.

25th February 2006, 12:26 AM
The basic downloadable manual should have the basic recipe. That's all you need. Like I said before, the DVD's are more for people who are using EFT in their professional practice, although anyone can try them. And, yes, it works. But, it's just like any other healing modality. You have to:
1) Be ready and willing to be healed
2) Believe that you will be healed
3) Stick with it even though it doesn't work the first time. Some kinds of pain (emotional and physical) are so ingrained that it takes time to heal them.
I have downloaded the instruction manual and found it most helpful. I may buy the DVDs someday but am in no hurry.

stargazer
25th February 2006, 01:02 AM
But is it any good?

Yes. I've compared it with the traditional Usui I received in person, and it's absolutely comparable. The attunements were great. (see my tree thread)