PDA

View Full Version : The Afterlife According to Monroe

JoSac
27th October 2009, 04:32 AM
Ive been reading Far Journeys by Robert Monroe and it seems to compliment Robert Bruce's ideas pretty well. For one, are his theory's pretty accurate?
And he says that humans sometimes get stuck in a routine where they keep wanting to be human again instead of progressing on in the afterlife. Is just knowing this good enough to change my mind when the time comes (i want to progress into the afterlife)?

Also is his theory on "loosh" correct too?

I know these are hard to answer but i just wanted some opinions.

Thanks JS

Beekeeper
27th October 2009, 09:11 AM
Someone could say, "Yes, that's correct" or "No, that's BS" and it's just opinion. Even when you do start arriving at your own convictions based on your own experiences there's always the possibility that you've misinterpreted the experience or only extracted an element of truth rather than a full explanation - presuming you're even capable of understanding the full explanation. Of course, a lot of religious belief accepted as absolute truth by so many has come out of such experiences and then become entrenched "truth".

I have heard about earthbound spirits from sources I absolutely trust and experienced spirits (at least that's what I've believed them to be) that may or may not have been earthbound.

The "loosh" theory is interesting. Could spiritual beings be using earth creatures to harvest some kind of emotional/energetic output that somehow has currency in other dimensions? It's an idea that possibly pops up in other forms such as, "What happens here impacts other dimensions of reality". It's a fairly insidious idea if you come at it from the angle that some beings have a vested interest in keeping us stressed and caught in the cycle of reincarnation.

CFTraveler
27th October 2009, 01:09 PM
What she said.
The thing is, that we have very similar experiences, and sometimes it's hard to make sense of them in an 'universal' way. For example, Monroe interpreted certain things in a certain way, and it is my opinion that even though the information may have been 'unformed or nonlocal', the way he experienced it was based on his understanding of things.
We humans tend to think things are the way we understand them, and I don't know how accurate that is.
So my answer is, "I don't know".