PDA

View Full Version : Where exactly is Kundalini located?

RandomHuman
7th November 2009, 05:15 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm not new to energy work or meditation so I feel prepared to start kundalini work. I am just confused as to where I should focus. I have read in Indian literature that kundalini resides at the base of the spine (at the very tip of the tail bone). But I have also read that kundalini is located at the perineum (the spot halfway between the anus and genitals. Which is the actual location of kundalini? So I know exactly where to focus when doing kundalini work.

Many thanks for your responses :)

CFTraveler
7th November 2009, 05:25 PM
Considering that at least in its' symbolic form, Kundalini is supposed to be 'wrapped around the base of the sushumma', both locations are sufficiently close to each other to accept both. The sushumma is supposed to be in the center of the torso, so it would be roughly located slightly in front of the spine in places (as the spine isn't completely straight). So if you consider Kundalini to be an energy, and not necessarily exactly defined, I'd say both locations are correct.
It's like getting a cup of mist, and trying to define it's location- it's an approximate thing.

Jananz
23rd December 2009, 01:29 AM
Kundalini is the energy that makes up the universe, so it exists everywhere.
When the energy of the universe awakens the bodymind it operates subatomically...indeed the energy comes from zeropoint through the atoms of the body. If you want to focus somewhere, perhaps this is a good start...

• Charging the Belly—I am doing some new energy exercises using the Kunlun idea of holding an imaginary big beach ball while sitting down. Arms extended and fingers nearly touching out in front of you, while sitting on a chair with feet on the floor. You hold this position for about 5 minutes and then cup the hands over the belly button (hara) for another 5 minutes to generate fire in the belly. It is very enlivening. You can also do it with hands on the top and bottom of the big ball so that the top hand comes up to about chin height and the bottom is just off the seated legs. After you have done this for a while then you do the same exercises with the heels raised off the ground as well. It is important to do the inner smile and conscious breathing during these invigorating exercises to open the Heart chi flow. You can finish of this sequence by putting your hands at the back of your neck with your fingers touching and elbows extended out. Then push your neck gently and firmly back into your hands and hold for several minutes…integrate with hands over hara and breathing. This will strengthen and relax your neck allowing greater energy flow in and out of the head. http://www.kunlunbliss.com/

watrinh
30th December 2009, 03:58 AM
i always thought kundalini was sexual energies. When your sexual energies spreads beyond your private area to the rest of your body, the kundalini has risen. Am I wrong?

ButterflyWoman
30th December 2009, 04:24 AM
i always thought kundalini was sexual energies.
There is an association with sexuality, but it's a lot more than that. Kundalini is a powerful creative energy, in the same way that sex can be a powerful creator (i.e., make a whole new human being, and totally and completely change the lives of that human being's parents!).

Timotheus
31st December 2009, 01:53 AM
:D

watrinh
31st December 2009, 02:01 AM
so then if i'm correct, sexual energies, after spreading all over the body and being spiritually transmuted becomes white light?

so essentially, this would stem from the idea that all of our psychological cultivation exists within our sexual energies. The reason why our sexual energies are not radiant white light is because our psychological cultivation is not pure enough to exist in that state.

To transmute the sexual energies, we would have to empty the subconscious of the sexual energies, and neutralize all roots of negative psyche within the energies. This would be more than attempting to think positively in a negative situation, but to become totally neutral in response to negativity even if our memory of attempting to be neutral is wiped out.

ButterflyWoman
31st December 2009, 06:06 AM
Sounds complicated.

In all honestly, it seems to be very much an individual thing, and an individual experience. I don't think you can state that X happens and then Y happens and then Z is the result. It's all very personal.

Jananz
7th June 2010, 03:28 PM
so then if i'm correct, sexual energies, after spreading all over the body and being spiritually transmuted becomes white light?

Sex is a subset of kundalini--the universal energy. What we normally think of sex in the flatland human world is a faint, miniscule effect compared to the nuclear powered heat and atomic consciousness that arises when the kundalini of the body opens in a powerful awakening. When we enter unity consciousness to make love with all the universe, we realize that sex is not sex, and that the entire cosmic creation is Sex. It is all screwing...a spiral dance of the poles, hemispheres, sexes and charges. We get that on the viseral level. Thus after a massive awakening the drive to have human sex is lessened or gone for one exists permanently in the warmth of the sacred marriage. The supernal bliss of unity...unifying with the cosmos...gives us relief and distance from the tortures and seductions of human sex. Whereas for those whom have not awakened the inner marriage to any degree are still focused on the act of human sex out of the instinct to relieve themselves of imbalance and to complete themselves. The universe wakes us up through the sexual system because that is the principle hardware for the interplay of the of the poles, hemispheres, sexes and charges. Even though kundalini awakening feels like a radical amplification of sex to the endth degree, it is the larger creative process of the evolution of the individual that is occurring. It may or may not have anything to do with actual human sex itself depending on the metamorphic trigger. Knowing this, and seeing the larger picture of the creative energies of metamorphosis relieves us of confusion, distraction and great suffering around the human sexual creative energies when inflamed with the extreme alchemical energies of metamorphosis. We are made of light and sound, kundalini is this light and sound amplified in order to facilitate a greater flow, coherence and superconduction of the light and sound of the bodymind...raising and deepening consciousness into the holographic matrix of the mind of God.

dreamosis
7th June 2010, 05:12 PM
Here's my two-bits:

In my experience, Kundalini is an energy that's generated at the base chakra and travels upward. From my feeling-experience of it, I don't know if I can say it's located anywhere. With the few experiences I've had with it, it felt like it was generated (or, I suppose, you could say "awakened") when my base chakra was especially active and spinning quickly. I suppose you could say it waits at the base to be awakened, but that seems like metaphor to me.

I guess what I'm saying is that Kundalini, to me, is more of a potential, a happening, a mode of energy, a certain peak experience of one's own energy, than it is an elixir waiting to be tapped. And yet...the feeling of Kundalini is a very specific feeling... To me it feels dense, almost physical.