PDA

View Full Version : energy work for swine flu?

Seeuzin
9th November 2009, 12:32 PM
Hey again,

I was hanging out with my friend last night, and she was feeling kind of sick, but she thought it was just this respiratory infection she'd had for a while now, which isn't contagious...but then she found out she may have been exposed to swine flu over the weekend. I totally hung out with her for at least a couple hours last night in her house and like hugged her three times, did reiki on her, and...I'm like "shoot," heheh. She was starting to have more flu-like symptoms last night when I left, though it could have been due to sleep deprivation; she hasn't been sleeping hardly at all. Swine flu hits really hard and fast after the incubation period (1-4 days) is over, so I'm thinking I'll call her this morning when she's woken up and see if her symptoms are a lot worse or if it was just cause she hasn't been sleeping.

In the mean time, for swine flu, do yall think there's any energy work I could do that would reduce its severity at all if I do have it? I remember CFT speculating about not working on the inner thigh area, since that is an immune-system area and part of the immune response to swine flu can actually be fatal if it is severe enough. I realize this is gonna be really bad either way if I do have it, heh, but I'd like to try and do something for myself besides drinking tons of orange juice and ginger ale while I quarantine myself in my apartment and monitor myself etc.

CFTraveler
9th November 2009, 02:25 PM
I think you should go to a walk-in clinic, get a nose swab (for Type A, which is what swine flu is) and if it is negative, tell them you were exposed to the S.F. and maybe they can give you preventive Tamiflu.
When I had it (and I had it bad, because I have chronic asthma and bronchitis, people like me die of that stuff) my husband and son took it as a preventive, and only got one day of low fever and a little cough/cold symptoms, while I was laid up for three weeks.

If not, OJ is good, not echinacea, and get something in the health food store called NAC, which may ease the symptoms and help your immune system kick it without causing lung inflammation. Also, Dr. Weil says that asian mushroom extract may help, because it boosts your immunity without involving lung inflammation.

Seeuzin
9th November 2009, 10:30 PM
When I had it (and I had it bad, because I have chronic asthma and bronchitis, people like me die of that stuff) my husband and son took it as a preventive, and only got one day of low fever and a little cough/cold symptoms, while I was laid up for three weeks.

OMG O.O I am really sorry to hear that CFTraveler. Are you feeling better?

CFTraveler
10th November 2009, 02:17 AM
Oh, I was fine in a month. What was the biggest b&tch was that I came down with it on my birthday, the same day we arrived to our vacation destination. So you can imagine how that was. Still, I'm kind of glad it was the way it was, because now it's over and we're fine.