PDA

View Full Version : a nobel winning chemists OBE story

TheMuse
6th February 2006, 12:40 AM
Kary Mullis who won the nobel prize in chemistry in 1993 has a fascinating OBE story in his autobiography "Dancing Naked in the Mindfield". I believe he said he was in California at the time.

One day he decided to use some nitrous oxide for fun. He had taken a certain prescription drug for some ailment the night before, and apparently the two were contraindictive or whatever that word is, because the nitrous had a far more powerful effect than it should and immediately knocked him unconscious. The problem was he still had the tube inserting the freezing cold nitrous into his mouth, and it should have kept him unconscious while it slowly froze mouth, but he woke up with the tube a few feet from his face. He had some serious frostbite he required hospitalization for, so the tube must have been in his mouth for a while before it was removed, which he probably could not have done while knocked out. There was just noone around who could have moved it.

He was not too fond of the experience, and once he got out of the hospital he never mentioned it again to anyone. After a while he met some woman who catches his eye at a coffee shop, and they started dating. She was teaching him some metaphysics ,and sometime into the relationship, she mentions that in her Astral Travelling she had noticed him in his dire situation with the nitrous, and had moved the tank. He was of course floored by this. He tries to get her to instruct him in the astral traveling, but she was very secretive about the subject, and for some mysterious reason breaks off the relationship, and I think he only sees her one time again, and she mentions some problem that will keep her away. Sorry read the book like 3 years ago before i knew what OBE was all about... gonna reread that part for the details soon.

Anyway, she must have mastered this stuff to be able to move things physically while far away from where she lived. Not sure why she got to his house at the right time, maybe she heard some distress call in the spirit plane, maybe it was even his astral self asking her for help.

jalef
16th February 2006, 05:24 PM
the only other person i know who was able to interact with the physical world was robert monroe (he writes in his first book). it seems to be an achievable thing.