PDA

View Full Version : Interesting

CFTraveler
15th November 2009, 03:11 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2007 ... 70309.html (http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2007/03/09/science-nervessound-20070309.html)

Mishell
17th November 2009, 05:04 PM
Very cool.

I saw a tv program years ago about how they were using sound waves to treat the muscle tension associated with fibromyalgia. This idea is what made me think to use didgeridoo music when I had a back injury. It worked brilliantly.

Beekeeper
12th December 2009, 07:31 AM
There was something about this mentioned in one of the interviews at the Conscious Media Network, I think, or I came across it somewhere else. It might have been Ani Williams on Sound Healing. It is interesting.

Neil Templar
12th December 2009, 08:11 AM
ok, it could be sound.
or it could be light...?
either way, it's all waves...

Timotheus
13th December 2009, 06:48 AM
:D

Yamabushi
19th December 2009, 08:13 PM
I'm guessing that both sonic and electric are involved in nerve transmission. But what I find most interesting is the mentioning of the solitons and the role that membrane sol-gel phase transitions play in generating them. This is something I've been researching intensely recently (I'm pretty sure the role that biological liquid crystallinity plays goes far beyond this) and it is nice to see it recognized elsewhere.

Heimburg and Jackson theorize that sound propagation is a much more likely explanation. Although sound waves usually weaken as they spread out, a medium with the right physical properties could create a special kind of sound pulse or "soliton" that can propagate without spreading or losing strength.

The physicists say because the nerve membrane is made of a material similar to olive oil that can change from liquid to solid through temperature variations, they can freeze and propagate the solitons.

Timotheus
21st December 2009, 08:30 PM
:D

kauffdiggity
4th February 2010, 05:22 AM
good article. I still think its electricity, but you never know.