PDA

View Full Version : My strange UFO experience.

Harry the Juggler
9th December 2009, 09:03 AM
Well, I have noticed that these forums are rather quite at the moment so I thought I might take it upon myself to recall a UFO experience I had about 9 years ago.

The year was 2001 and the setting was a moderate sized town in rural Australia called Wagga Wagga. The town was named after a curious Aboriginal word meaning "place of many crows". Wagga Wagga did indeed have many crows, and she also a number of other "curious" visitors too.

It was approximately 11 o'clock in the evening and my friend and I were getting ready to take leave from our mutual friends house. No alcohol, no drugs, no caffeine (hmmm, well maybe some caffeine). Just three guys in their early twenties having a good ol' laugh and a chat. As is often the case, we were locked in conversation at the front of our friends house; we were neither in a state of going or staying. We were participating in that age old ritual where one "eases" oneself into his or her official departure - slow and steady. At some point in amongst the rowdiness of our jibes and the raucousness of our laughter I noticed something in the sky that was immediately familiar yet remarkably unfamiliar. I stared intently at a distant and shimmering orb that was slowly descending from the sky at a 45-degree angle towards earth. It struck me as a curious meteor at the time because its entry into the atmosphere was slow, it was so slow that it afforded me the time to direct the attention of my two other compadres. We all had time enough to watch this "meteor" descend, it was bright white with a hint of other colour, it was truly an amazing sight to behold. I ruminated on the unusual phenomena we were observing. I was after all a budding amateur astronomer who prided himself on his familiarity of the night sky. I probably attempted (and failed) to say something intelligent with respects to what we were currently observing.

Then it stopped. In mid-flight. High up in the distant sky, it had simply stopped. Luminescent and shimmering. Hovering.

We looked at each other rather puzzled.

Before we had time to process the immensity of this sighting we then witnessed the "orb" shoot sidewards at a right-angle at an incredible speed, before we had time to process that amazing maneuver the "orb" then proceeded to shoot up and diagonally left at a speed that was greater then I had ever seen. I blinked, look at the other two guys, and without further adieu yelled "It's a f****** UFO man !!! Call the meteorological society !". In retrospect, I don't know what calling the meteorological society would have achieved - it seemed like the appropriate thing to say at the time. Suffice to say, we did not call the meteorological society. It was after business hours, they were probably closed to the public anyway.

The "orb", which we were now calling a UFO, proceeded to rudely show an absolute disregard for the laws of physics for an other 30 seconds or so. How dare it make us question our established universal laws ! It went up, down, left and right at incredibly (impossibly !?) sharp angles for the speed it was doing. I don't know what was more amazing at the time, my conspiratorial ramblings, or the UFO itself !? The UFO finally slowed down, and then warped out of sight. The word I would associate with the final departing speed of this UFO would be "puurrtwiiiinnnnng !". Well, the UFO didn't actually make any sound. I just figured that this brilliant example of onomatopoeia might have helped convey just how fast this UFO traveled. Sounds good, i know :wink:

We looked at each other, blinked, and I stopped swearing and rambling for a brief period of time. It was a silky fresh evening that night and the azure night sky was dusted with thousands of twinkling stars, further then the eye could see. The electric cool breeze brushed against our faces, we bathed in the afterglow, the UFO was no where to been seen. The three of us philosophized on our experience for a short time after and then bid each other goodnight.

But... that's not all !

Nope, I'm not going to offer you a FREE set of steak knives or super-duper ab-busting abdomonizer !

Nope, I has juicy conspiracy theory for you !

Fast forward a few hours. I get some good sleep and it is the next day. I am at home and it is about 4 o'clock in the afternoon.

I am lazily flicking through the television channels, and I am probably half-naked.

I stop at one channel. It's a news bulletin. You know those brief news "updates" that don't really tell you anything. They stick them in-between advertisements and design them to make you want to watch the full-coverage later on in the night.

* insert news bulletin music"

I am watching CLOSE-UP footage on my television of the UFO my friends and I witnessed the evening before.

The grizzled reporter guy is commentating ...

" UFO recorded over Wagga Wagga skies. Many witnesses report the event. Watch the full-coverage on the 6 o'clock news."

My heart stopped... and then started.... and then stopped again... and then started again. Lucky for that.

The footage that they recorded of this UFO showed considerably more detail then what I had observed. I observed the UFO as a very bright white "orb". The close-up footage of this UFO revealed that it had different coloured lights and that some of those lights were in motion around the craft. This was seriously tripping me out.

There was NO way I was going to miss the 6pm report of this UFO sighting.

I waited...

and waited...

The prime time 6 o'clock news starts on time as expected. But, wait ! There is no report on the UFO sighting !? I guess that the report of the sighting may be covered later on, maybe after the sports coverage. Those final few minutes after the sports coverage usually contains inane news reports like "three-headed kitten found in Bangladesh, Hindu priests name it John."

I waited...

and waited...

The sports coveragecomes and goes..

I waited...

The 6 o'clock prime-time news ends, still no UFO report.

Maybe I misheard the bulletin ? Maybe the UFO sighting was going to be covered on the 11 o'clock late-night news ?

I waited for the late news.

I waited...

and waited...

I was still waiting 2-days later !

They pulled the report from the news.

I never saw the footage or coverage of that UFO sighting ever again.

:shock:

Mishell
9th December 2009, 10:18 AM
Very cool! :D

Ouroboros
9th December 2009, 09:14 PM
If I ever get a cat of my own I'm going to name it "Purrtwing." :D

I would love to have an experience like that. Anecdotes are so tantalizing and intriguing, but just once (or maybe more) I'd like to have an experience of my own.

Beekeeper
10th December 2009, 10:38 PM
Anecdotes are so tantalizing and intriguing
and so much better when told with some pizzaz, like this one. Thanks, Harry. *Scribbles new note in little book under "Bigfoot in Blue Mountains" - "UFOs in Wagga".*

Harry the Juggler
10th December 2009, 11:45 PM
Beekeper, I later learned that UFO sightings are not uncommon in Wagga Wagga. The general Murrumbidgee region is actually considered a UFO hotspot.

The Kapooka Army base (a major army training facility) and a RAAF base are both located only minutes from Wagga Wagga. Is that purely coincidental ?

In saying that, I don't believe that we have the "secret military" technology to be zipping around in crafts like what I witnessed that night. That's assuming that it was a craft. :oops: