PDA

View Full Version : injured hip

stargazer
8th February 2006, 01:41 AM
Hi all,

One of the things I've personally found as a healer is that it is easier to direct healing energy towards others than towards myself. The energy just seems to flow better, with pure intention, when it's towards others. I also think that when I'm in pain, it's difficult to devote full attention and focus on myself outside of that pain. That's not to say that I haven't directed healing energy towards myself.. I often do. But I do recognize that there is often a lesson behind the struggle and it's important to know pain and know how generous it can be to help the pain of others, as well as it being important sometimes to know when to ask for help.

Last summer I was doing some work in the yard and sprained a muscle on my left side, lower back. I didn't think much of it, it healed rather quickly, but I don't think it was a very good heal as it's been plaguing me for almost a year now. A week after the sprain, I stepped off a curb without realizing it was there and caused further damage to that area. Basically, other muscles have since picked up the slack and it has caused pain and inflammation in my hip and upper thigh such that for the whole summer I could not wear any kind of pants/trousers. Now it's gotten to the point where I am in discomfort just by sitting... an area on my outside thigh always feels pressure and pain, like I'm sitting on an object.

I have used yoga to call out the original injury in my lower back and work with that muscle, in addition to exercise. I also have run the gamut of seeing the doctor, heat pads, hot baths, painkillers, and massage, as well as directing healing energy at the area, but I could definitely use any additional help. I am just starting to feel like I've lived with this injury long enough and I should swallow my pride and ask for help. Here is a photo (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/demorie1/detail?.dir=3cce&.dnm=0b72.jpg&.src=ph) of me, if that helps.

Thank you in advance.
-Andrea

CFTraveler
8th February 2006, 02:20 PM
May the healing energy I sent you relieve your pain and heal whatever needs to be healed. Wholeness is yours- you are vital and strong.

10th February 2006, 12:45 AM
Hi all,

One of the things I've personally found as a healer is that it is easier to direct healing energy towards others than towards myself. The energy just seems to flow better, with pure intention, when it's towards others. I also think that when I'm in pain, it's difficult to devote full attention and focus on myself outside of that pain. That's not to say that I haven't directed healing energy towards myself.. I often do. But I do recognize that there is often a lesson behind the struggle and it's important to know pain and know how generous it can be to help the pain of others, as well as it being important sometimes to know when to ask for help.

Last summer I was doing some work in the yard and sprained a muscle on my left side, lower back. I didn't think much of it, it healed rather quickly, but I don't think it was a very good heal as it's been plaguing me for almost a year now. A week after the sprain, I stepped off a curb without realizing it was there and caused further damage to that area. Basically, other muscles have since picked up the slack and it has caused pain and inflammation in my hip and upper thigh such that for the whole summer I could not wear any kind of pants/trousers. Now it's gotten to the point where I am in discomfort just by sitting... an area on my outside thigh always feels pressure and pain, like I'm sitting on an object.

I have used yoga to call out the original injury in my lower back and work with that muscle, in addition to exercise. I also have run the gamut of seeing the doctor, heat pads, hot baths, painkillers, and massage, as well as directing healing energy at the area, but I could definitely use any additional help. I am just starting to feel like I've lived with this injury long enough and I should swallow my pride and ask for help. Here is a photo (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/demorie1/detail?.dir=3cce&.dnm=0b72.jpg&.src=ph) of me, if that helps.

Thank you in advance.
-Andrea
It sounds to me like you might benefit from what Peter Egoscue teaches. He was injured during the Vietnam War and spent a good bit of time in a hospital recovering. Out of his experiences, he learned that posture is the key to healing many types of chronic pain. I would suggest that you get his book, Pain Free : A Revolutionary Method for Stopping Chronic Pain. Check it out... http://www.egoscue.com/htdocs/index.asp

I also urge you to pray to Blessed Alphonsa of India. Her intercession is very powerful, for she suffered herself. I shall pray as well.

Blessed Alphonsa, praise the Lord...
For His mercy endures forever!
See Blessed Alphonsa in Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blessed_Alphonsa) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blessed_Alphonsa)…

stargazer
10th February 2006, 01:31 AM
Sophroniscus, I will check it out... I have slight scoliosis and that has caused me much chronic back pain over the years. This could be very beneficial to me.
My mom always said "Sit up straight." :D
It is amazing how much posture can play a role... I went through a six month period where I was doing too much "Swayback" (As we used to call it in ballet) and it was causing a lot of undue pressure on my lower back.. when I fixed the posture, after a week of adjustment pain, the lower back pain vanished.
You know, I had a dream maybe a year ago where an older man said to me in a very musing way, "You know, your pain is being caused by the way you hold your upper body."
I tend to pay attention to such dreams, because it's too random to be advised on a chronic health issue... whether it's from outside interference or my own subconscious.
Thank you!

CF Much thanks.. there was a marked difference between one day and the next.

Beekeeper
10th February 2006, 08:24 AM
Hi Stargazer,

Hope you're fully recovered soon.

Just a thought. Perhaps your slight scoliosis is linked to a past life issue and you should consider the possibility of soul fragment retrieval (as discussed in DD's post) to address the current pain. Bruce Moen writes about this kind of activity.

I suffer a mild congenital defect in the thoratic spine called schummans disease. It's one of those things where if they pick it up early they can correct it. It wasn't detected until I was19 - too late. For a long time I've entertained the notion that it came with me from a past life.

There's a particular past life "dream" I had where I'm a German (or from a Germanic state) boy about to go hunting with my dad, uncle, sister and cousin. I know who we are in this life, even though we're all male in the dream. I don't know how that trip ends and I find myself wondering if I fell off a horse or something. (Though dogs are visible in the dream but not horses).

My best friend's a physiotherapist. She reckons I have the walk of a much taller person. I wonder if we bring over such idiosyncracies? She also says schummans is relatively rare for girls.

Anyway, exploring the possible origins of this defect is one of the things I definitely want to do someday. The pain it generates at times can be a real bummer.

Cheers

10th February 2006, 11:21 PM
Sophroniscus, I will check it out... I have slight scoliosis and that has caused me much chronic back pain over the years. This could be very beneficial to me.
My mom always said "Sit up straight." :D
It is amazing how much posture can play a role... I went through a six month period where I was doing too much "Swayback" (As we used to call it in ballet) and it was causing a lot of undue pressure on my lower back.. when I fixed the posture, after a week of adjustment pain, the lower back pain vanished.
You know, I had a dream maybe a year ago where an older man said to me in a very musing way, "You know, your pain is being caused by the way you hold your upper body."
I tend to pay attention to such dreams, because it's too random to be advised on a chronic health issue... whether it's from outside interference or my own subconscious.
Thank you!

CF Much thanks.. there was a marked difference between one day and the next.
Peter Egoscue says that the bones only do what the muscles tell them to do. If he is right -- and I suspect he is to a great extent -- then correcting posture problems is a matter of getting the muscles to do what they need to do.

In any event, don't forget Blessed Alphonsa of India...

11th February 2006, 12:20 AM
Hi Stargazer,

Hope you're fully recovered soon.

Just a thought. Perhaps your slight scoliosis is linked to a past life issue and you should consider the possibility of soul fragment retrieval (as discussed in DD's post) to address the current pain. Bruce Moen writes about this kind of activity.

I suffer a mild congenital defect in the thoratic spine called schummans disease. It's one of those things where if they pick it up early they can correct it. It wasn't detected until I was19 - too late. For a long time I've entertained the notion that it came with me from a past life.

There's a particular past life "dream" I had where I'm a German (or from a Germanic state) boy about to go hunting with my dad, uncle, sister and cousin. I know who we are in this life, even though we're all male in the dream. I don't know how that trip ends and I find myself wondering if I fell off a horse or something. (Though dogs are visible in the dream but not horses).

My best friend's a physiotherapist. She reckons I have the walk of a much taller person. I wonder if we bring over such idiosyncracies? She also says schummans is relatively rare for girls.

Anyway, exploring the possible origins of this defect is one of the things I definitely want to do someday. The pain it generates at times can be a real bummer.

Cheers
I found a reference to Scheuermann's disease... http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... 7s_disease (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Scheuermann%27s_disease) If that is what you have, then I would suggest you investigate Peter Egoscue ideas... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Egoscue

Beekeeper
11th February 2006, 02:05 AM
Okay, Sophroniscus,

I see you got the spelling right. I actually looked it up based on the way the various massage therapists etc have pronounced it in the past (even thought he doctor who first told me I had it called Scheuermann's disease). I obviously found the wrong spelling in my haste.

I tend to avoid saying the word because I always feel like the medical person will pronounce it as "schummans disease."

I'll check out the link now.
Thanks. :)

Stargazer,

Hope you're mending nicely. :)

11th February 2006, 08:40 PM
Okay, Sophroniscus,

I see you got the spelling right. I actually looked it up based on the way the various massage therapists etc have pronounced it in the past (even thought he doctor who first told me I had it called Scheuermann's disease). I obviously found the wrong spelling in my haste.

I tend to avoid saying the word because I always feel like the medical person will pronounce it as "schummans disease."

I'll check out the link now.
Thanks. :)

Stargazer,

Hope you're mending nicely. :)
I am the world's worst speller. But Yahoo pointed me in that direction.

Beekeeper
11th February 2006, 09:48 PM
Your spelling looks okay to me. :lol:

You didn't exactly pick an easy one with "Sophroniscus"! :lol:

11th February 2006, 10:22 PM
Your spelling looks okay to me. :lol:

You didn't exactly pick an easy one with "Sophroniscus"! :lol:
My spelling looks OK, only because I always run it through a spell checker...