PDA

View Full Version : Chakras

Manix
18th June 2005, 12:10 AM
Is there an energy center located at the base of the skull? I thought I had read somewhere that there was a chakra there. How important is this energy center?

I've noticed at times when I'm in deep thought and arrive at an enlightening revelation, that this area will feel like it's expanding. It's a massive rush of energy isolated to this area.

The chakra, if thats what it truely is, is not like the major chakras that one can "turn on". This one seems to be noticable only when I'm in deep thought about spiritual matters. More importantly, the intensity of the energy becomes greater when I approach an answer I feel is correct, and fades when I feel I'm drawing the wrong conclusion.

I'd be grateful for any information you can share about this energy center.
Thanks!

violetsky
18th June 2005, 08:04 PM
Dear Manix,

Do you notice energy movement in your mouth and tongue as well in association with this?

There is an energy current that runs through the mouth, tongue to back of neck at C3 (the third cerebral vertabrae) which is almost constantly turning and pulsing in me. Blush, I would like to think it has to do with speaking truth with integriety but hey...just cause someone feels that way doesn't make it so.

This center is connected to and runs front to back through the main energy line that connects the top three chakras to each other. Usually my throat chakra feels activated when I get the energy activation at C3 but that is just me.

Not sure if what I have relayed fits your situation though. Are there any other sensations you have in conjunction with the energy you feel at the base of the skull? Is it right at the base of the skull or a little down, not far from C3?

Very Best Wishes,
violetsky

Manix
19th June 2005, 07:40 PM
What you described doesn't sound like what I've experienced, even though they may be the same. Its not EXACTLY at the base of the skull. It more like just above it. It almost feels like the hair on the back of my head stands on end when the energy center is activated.

If it's not the energy center I'm thinking of, could it possably be the crown chakra I'm sensing? I thought that one was right on top of your head though...

Tom
19th June 2005, 07:50 PM
Kriya Yoga makes frequent references to the medulla oblongata as an energy center related to the third eye. Paramhansa Yogananda wrote that when the gold circle with the violet middle and white star at the center is seen it is actually a reflection of the medulla oblongata.

http://projects.cbe.ab.ca/Diefenbaker/B ... notes.html (http://projects.cbe.ab.ca/Diefenbaker/Biology/Bio%20Website%20Final/notes/nervous_system/6_brain_notes.html)

Manix
19th June 2005, 10:00 PM
Interesting. I'll do a search on Kriya Yoga and see what comes up. Thanks for the link; very informative.

Kalonek
20th June 2005, 09:06 AM
There is indeed an energy center there, it's the other side of the brow center, has thus to do with intuition, and divine inspiration.

Quantitativefool
23rd June 2005, 01:33 AM
It could be part of your crown chakra or I have heard there is a 'God-Center' in which you experience the highest spiritual experiences once it is activated and you are 'attuned or energetic enough'. So it might be that.

Good luck and best wishes,
-Stu