Can't wait.

Neil Templar
19th December 2009, 04:08 PM
i'm going again tuesday.
probably go another time too... it was so good! :D

SlashRick
20th December 2009, 05:45 AM
saw it in 2d.
for me, it was a VERY INTENSE experience.
there was one scene, where, well, lets just say, it 'sucked in' a whole lot of people in the theater, me included, and it felt like the whole room was connected, thankfully, most of the people in there didn't realize what had happened, because if they did, well, lets just say, there was a lot of 'power' in that room. i'm just glad it was focused on the movie.

phew
very intense.

it may be a while before i am ready to sleep.
/rick

sdbl731
27th December 2009, 02:46 PM
I saw it last night in 2D and, well, I would agree with SlashRick in that it was very powerful on many levels. I was with my friends from high school, and although they enjoyed it a lot, I feel like they were missing a piece of the puzzle.

Technically, the film was very well-made (and I'm glad the director waited for technology to "catch up") and had some dazzling visual effects that really contributed to the experience.

Thematically, I think the film touched on a lot of issues (disclaimer: I read the Wikipedia article) of importance and made numerous parallels to the real world and recent developments.

Spiritually, the film touched me deeply, and when I went to bed I was almost longing for a glimpse into the world of Pandora through the eyes of the Na'vi. I also noticed the comments the lead scientist made about the physical interconnectedness of all life on Pandora through a neural network of roots, which seemed to me to be a metaphor for the spiritual interconnectedness that we share back here on Earth.

Anyway, just my $0.02, but again, great movie!

Andy

P.S.. I know I haven't been on AD for almost a year now, but I haven't forgotten you guys! Life has been so busy, with the end of senior year and now college.

CFTraveler
27th December 2009, 09:08 PM
I saw it yesterday in 3D.
What a movie!!!
I don't have anything insightful to say (others have already) other than- Is it me or are the artists that came up with the visual representation of the blue people the same that came up with the people in the Jak and Daxter games? I saw some resemblance in the artwork.
By the way, I loved it.

Neil Templar
14th January 2010, 04:39 PM
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/285589

it's a shame none of the "experts" on the news show had been to see it. :roll:

IMO movie go-ers are being given a glimpse of this society of spiritual beings, in perfect balance with their eco-system, and the terrible contrast with the humans acting the way we ACTUALLY do in our own world.
this movie is sparking off feelings inside, the part of us that knows that we should and can live life like the Na'vi, in balance, but the state of the "real" world most of us live in is so far removed from this, they're feeling depressed, or even like ending their lives.

while i don't wish depression or unhappiness on anyone, i feel like this is a really positive thing that's happening.
bringing these feelings to such a wide audience, could be a real catalyst for change.
it's no coincidence this movie came out when it did. the people of the "civilised" world need this kind of wake up call.

Timotheus
14th January 2010, 07:16 PM
:D

Palehorse Redivivus
14th January 2010, 09:21 PM
I've been thinking similar since I saw this. Hopefully rather than being depressed about what we *don't* have, people will start getting ideas and acting on what we *could* have.

<Mills Lane>LESSGITITON!</Mills Lane>

Beekeeper
14th January 2010, 11:18 PM
It's not just the beautiful harmony with the planet, aided by the ability to directly connect into the network of all life there. Because they haven't lost their connection, duality can exist without the loss of basic respect for all life forms and a sense of a place in the order of things. When violence occurs, it's with awareness and reverence and the people adhere to a code. They also have a sense of purpose, identity, community and co-operation. Importantly, all still have a direct line to the supernatural and to the planet consciousness, not just an elite few, and all can know truth from and add their truth to the collective knowledge, which can be known consciously.

Neil Templar
15th January 2010, 01:20 AM
what she said. :P

Timotheus
15th January 2010, 03:01 AM
:D

Beekeeper
15th January 2010, 09:23 AM
Nah, Tim, you did it poetically.

Serpentarius
21st January 2010, 11:31 PM
Hmm, I was quite surprised by the beauty in the film. I also felt a little bit of longing towards the lush and vibrant world of Pandora, but then I realised the Na'vi jungle doesn't have toilet paper and I got over it. >_>

heliac
22nd January 2010, 01:49 AM
I really loved this movie, i saw it 3 times, twice in imax 3d.

The imax theater makes it that much better and the graphics and action was a blast.

The 3d technology is so much better too i looked around in the audiance and people would reach out towards leaves or petals falling during the film, it did feel like you could reach out and grab the scene.

The story was a little depressing, i think the 3d technology made it all that more convincing and immersive too.

but then I realised the Na'vi jungle doesn't have toilet paper and I got over it. >_>

Yea that is pretty nasty they must use their hand :shock:

turbulenceadams
27th January 2010, 03:50 AM
Hmm, I was quite surprised by the beauty in the film. I also felt a little bit of longing towards the lush and vibrant world of Pandora, but then I realised the Na'vi jungle doesn't have toilet paper and I got over it. >_>

:lol:

Well I finally went to see it on my birthday in 3D. I thought that the 3D rocked, but I wasn't so impressed by the film. I didn't buy the hype in the first place and I was bored half way through. I found the Tree of life bit where they were all linked together too much like The Matrix Reloaded when the party happens in Zion ie. cheesy. I thought it was overly schmaltzy and Disneyfied. So there. :P

CFTraveler
27th January 2010, 02:21 PM
I merged both 'Avatar' topics for obvious reasons.

Beekeeper
8th February 2010, 10:46 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2010/jan/11/mawkish-maybe-avatar-profound-important

Conjur
18th March 2010, 08:07 PM
I've seen it five times - a great movie. I even watched it in Spanish while traveling to see the effects all over again.

CFTraveler
27th May 2010, 01:51 PM
Maybe that's why you're here- to reconcile both truths into one.
I think there is an unconscious knowledge (because the word awareness doesn't seem right) that we are having two experiences at the same time, movies and books such as these are expressed- like the matrix, and others (the prisoner, and countless others). We know, but we don't know.