PDA

View Full Version : suggestions on the Heart chakra

jaycecp
9th February 2006, 10:33 PM
Sorry if I can get this somewhere else, just looking for personal information.

I am trying to open up the Heart chakra. Im thinking of making it my #1 priority - at the moment I keep switching from multiple spots at a time and it's not helping.

Any tips on opening this chakra? Does it require some emotional energy to be released (like getting something off your chest or an emotional outbreak)... personally I would say that I lack emotions compared to the average person - lol .. i dont know if that matters.

Any ideas on visualization.. and where its located... and just basic tips on opening it up?

Also from personal experience, after openign up where there any personality changes of any kind?

Apex
10th February 2006, 12:25 AM
I see a lot of these threads concerning opening specific centers. Personally I think focusing on a single center is a mistake.

It is important to keep your body, in all its aspects, in balance. If you're going to focus on centers at all, develop them all at once. This will make the progress slower perhaps for that single area, but more stable and less trouble-prone.

As for how to do this, here's a table of contents: http://www.astraldynamics.com/home/new- ... ation.html (http://www.astraldynamics.com/home/new-energy-ways/using-new-full-tutorial/76-part-5-energy-body-stimulation.html)

Beekeeper
10th February 2006, 08:31 AM
It may help to visualise/imagine a special, peaceful place while you concentrate on the heart.

11th February 2006, 12:38 AM
Sorry if I can get this somewhere else, just looking for personal information.

I am trying to open up the Heart chakra. Im thinking of making it my #1 priority - at the moment I keep switching from multiple spots at a time and it's not helping.

Any tips on opening this chakra? Does it require some emotional energy to be released (like getting something off your chest or an emotional outbreak)... personally I would say that I lack emotions compared to the average person - lol .. i dont know if that matters.

Any ideas on visualization.. and where its located... and just basic tips on opening it up?

Also from personal experience, after openign up where there any personality changes of any kind?
I would suggest you try the Prayer of the Heart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_of_the_Heart

Also, you might try the Prayer of Saint Francis...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_of_Saint_Francis

Beekeeper
11th February 2006, 01:50 AM
I'm back to offer a couple more ideas.

Prayers are very good too,as Soproniscus has stated. Even just repeating something like "Christ my Light" works. (Adapt to your belief system and say it with meaning.) There's also the O mantra that works.

If you can't keep the focus on the heart, it mght help to start by raising energy and running it in a band around your whole chest for a while until you can detect the chakra sensations. Then hone in.

Dsmoke
11th February 2006, 05:01 AM
First, Apex had a very good point. But if you're working on all your chakras and having difficulty getting one up to speed, I had great success opening my heart chakra by doing a couple things:

--daily visualization of "cleaning" the chakra. I visualized it as a sphere, and the energy coming up into it like water, spinning around and cleaning off all the junk that had accumulated, sort of like a washing machine, and then disposing of all the collected junk. If you do this, don't be too forceful. It is a delicate process that won't be completed for a long time.

--working on the mental and emotional things that might have kept my heart center closed. For instance, maybe in the past someone kept hurting you emotionally and you couldn't get away from them (for instance, a parent), so you learned to close your heart center to avoid being affected by their negativity. If so, spend some time working with yourself to convince your subconscious that this situation is over. (and if the danger isn't over, you need more help than just this)

--Constantly reminding myself that it is OK to feel painful emotions. In other words, learn to NOT bury them but experience them and then let them go.

So obviously everyone has different things they need to do and different reasons why they're experiencing this, but maybe this will give you some ideas. There is an energetic component, another component of clearing out the old pain, and then teaching yourself not to hold onto new pain.

11th February 2006, 08:36 PM
I suppose it should be pointed out that there is a danger in practices that bring excessive energy into the heart. The heart is not a place for energy, but one for serenity and emptiness.

Dsmoke
11th February 2006, 09:57 PM
I suppose it should be pointed out that there is a danger in practices that bring excessive energy into the heart. The heart is not a place for energy, but one for serenity and emptiness.

This may be true overall, but there are exceptions, Sophroniscus. I could not do healing if I didn't bring a great amount of energy into my heart center. Of course, I am not leaving it there but allowing it to flow through my heart and out my hands.

sash
13th February 2006, 03:20 PM
Actually, I believe that the heart chakra is the only chakra you cannot actually "burn out" no matter how much energy you throw at it. The energy of the heart is Love, which is universal acceptance in a peaceful tranquil form.

The heart chakra is not so much associated with emotions as you would think, so I would not be too concerned about that. The chakra can be opened with love, by feeling it and being aware of it resonating inside you. The sub attributes of it include empathy, compassion and peace. If these things are difficult to locate in the external, look inside.

This is achieved with visualization meditation, focus on the heart and visualize a temple where balance and harmony reign ... proceed with this meditation until you find what you seek. This might not be right for each person, I have found also visualizing a rose garden or flying through outer space is also almost as effective. The trick is to go to the place that would feel perfect for you. Feel what your perfect world is like, then go there in the visualization, and explore.

If you wish to activate this center for application purposes of healing and astral projection commence with a short calm meditation leading into a state of relaxation. From here, focus on your physical heart beat. Continue and your heart chakra will activate on its own - this feels like your whole body is beating with your heart. From this stage projection is possible since physical and astral become one through the focus being drawn into the heart. This works best at night, before regular sleep.

Good luck.

15th February 2006, 06:34 PM
This may be true overall, but there are exceptions, Sophroniscus. I could not do healing if I didn't bring a great amount of energy into my heart center. Of course, I am not leaving it there but allowing it to flow through my heart and out my hands.
Well, who am I to say? I just report what other, wiser people have said...

15th February 2006, 06:39 PM
Actually, I believe that the heart chakra is the only chakra you cannot actually "burn out" no matter how much energy you throw at it. The energy of the heart is Love, which is universal acceptance in a peaceful tranquil form.

The heart chakra is not so much associated with emotions as you would think, so I would not be too concerned about that. The chakra can be opened with love, by feeling it and being aware of it resonating inside you. The sub attributes of it include empathy, compassion and peace. If these things are difficult to locate in the external, look inside.

This is achieved with visualization meditation, focus on the heart and visualize a temple where balance and harmony reign ... proceed with this meditation until you find what you seek. This might not be right for each person, I have found also visualizing a rose garden or flying through outer space is also almost as effective. The trick is to go to the place that would feel perfect for you. Feel what your perfect world is like, then go there in the visualization, and explore.

If you wish to activate this center for application purposes of healing and astral projection commence with a short calm meditation leading into a state of relaxation. From here, focus on your physical heart beat. Continue and your heart chakra will activate on its own - this feels like your whole body is beating with your heart. From this stage projection is possible since physical and astral become one through the focus being drawn into the heart. This works best at night, before regular sleep.

Good luck.
I said nothing about love. It is energy that I spoke of.

CFTraveler
15th February 2006, 08:48 PM
Sophroniscus wrote:

15th February 2006, 09:40 PM

An excellent point. It seems that Love can't be quantified like energy. I suppose that there is energy generated by love, but love itself....
Earth, Water, Fire, Air and the Void... They are all different forms of energy, I suppose. But their effects are very different...

sash
16th February 2006, 03:37 AM
Love generates energy yes ...

That is what you feel in your heart when it is open.

sash
16th February 2006, 07:41 AM
Well, who am I to say? I just report what other, wiser people have said...

Based on personal experience, not what others say is the best way to go. Although easier said than done I realize since it is impossible to have every experience of spiritual matters but still to base it on your own truth while taking into account other possibilities at the same time is a wise method to go about it.

I had never thought about it another way until now, because all the energy I use in heart chakra is love and the permeation of love energy throughout the entire energy body, which builds up large amount of energy in the heart which can be applied in accordance with NEW. However perhaps it is possible to use elemental and other energies in the heart center, as in just regular energy,
in that case I would have no personal experience with that since I have found each chakra has its own unique distinct energy vibration - and the one of heart happens to be love, from personal experience.

Beekeeper
16th February 2006, 10:26 AM
Jacecp,

Have you taken the chakra quizz on Aunt Claire's site? I think it's really good.

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras ... dotest.php (http://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/chakradotest.php)

There's a few suggestions there too. :)

Moonchild
17th February 2006, 11:39 PM
Excellent answers so far! I hope it's not too late to add my own view. :)

In 'opening' the chakras it is important to remember just what they do. The chakras are an energy processing system, which takes in ethereal energy and 'processes' it into the manifestations of your Being. Energy is just potential power. Opening a chakra, really, is increasing the energy capacity of the particular type of power that each chakra processes. Each chakra also corresponds to a level of consciousness, from connection to the earth to connection to the cosmos.

The heart chakra is very important because it is the meeting of the upper and lower chakras. This makes it the integrator of the higher and lower, and as the name suggests is primarily concerned with love and feeling. Keeping this in mind suggests a few things right off we can do to 'open' this chakra.

The first is to train yourself to be more aware of your emotions. This isn't to say to let them run wild, but rather to spend some time to take notice of just how you are feeling as your day goes along. Try to become conscious of why you are feeling as you do, and what your feelings are telling you. Another thing to do is to meditate on compassion and human concern, and what you can do to better serve those you love, including yourself, and the world at large.

Doing these things in combination with daily Robert Bruce NEW energy work will, over time, really get that heart chakra going!