PDA

View Full Version : New Year New Color?

WearsTheFire
2nd January 2010, 03:22 AM
[attachment=0:1rtkxfve]010110.jpg[/attachment:1rtkxfve]
In 2009 I was watching a program about experiences where people die for a short period and are brought back to life.

A man was relating his experiences when he died. He said he was in a dark tunnel with a light at the end of it. I began to change the channel as I've heard that description many times.

Then he astounded me saying, "I saw a new color." I filed that gem in my memory.

Months later I was searching the internet for a photograph of a peacock. Under the photograph it stated there is a color on the peacock only another peacock could see.

My daughter researched this phenomenom online and found a related topic below.

http://www.negativland.com/squant/story.html

:D HAPPY NEW YEAR!

CFTraveler
2nd January 2010, 03:59 AM
Squirrely (http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=514647). Good one, WTF.

Timotheus
2nd January 2010, 05:02 PM
:D

CFTraveler
2nd January 2010, 05:11 PM
Maybe she sees the infrared part of the spectrum (IDK, I'm just guessing here). So she probably sees more than we do in other ways. Interesting thing about the frisbee. You should get her some other red thing (like a squeaky toy) and see if she claims it.

Pets are so cool.

WearsTheFire
4th January 2010, 02:55 AM
my wife and i had this discussion just yesterday about the color red. because our female border collies red ball has gone missing. but at the same time we had gotten the exact red in a frisbee for our male border collie. We also changed frisbees to a green one, and she was not aggressive toward him, even as she did her usual running alongside him as it was tossed out.

On the color wheel each color has its own opposing color. Green is the opposite of red and red is the opposite of green. Thus if you stare at a sheet of paper with a red picture or writing for a considerable amount of time and take the paper away you will still see the image...in the opposite color(green)

Timotheus
4th January 2010, 07:12 AM
:D

WearsTheFire
4th January 2010, 09:03 AM
perhaps that seems so. but me thinks the trick is in the eye as opposed to red and green being opposed.

In greed I want to believe the new color has an opposite thereby rending two.