PDA

View Full Version : Greytraveller's OBE Journal

greytraveller
2nd November 2009, 05:45 PM
Hallo to you.
This is something exciting for me as, for the first time, I am posting one of my OBEs here at AD. I look forward to any feedback - comments, questions and/or suggestions - from any members. The OBE occured last week and is titled

"City Flight"
(OBE #88)
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
It began when I woke up already out of body and outside the house. The location was vaguely familiar - an ethereal counterpart of this area. It was not the Real Time Zone (RTZ), however, as there were definate and obvious differences in the layout of the neighborhood including most of the buildings.
This OBE was all about flight. I immediately felt a strong desire to get airborne. After a couple of tries I managed to float up off a sidewalk into the air. There then followed a very long flight, mostly over streets and between buildings.. I soon realized that power lines were a possible obstruction to flight and so flew up higher, going up to about 200 feet.
In addition to the differences in the layout of the various buildings in the area it was also bright daylight when it was actually between 2AM and 4AM. Many people were out on the streets. A few could even be seen flying about. I now assume that nearly all of those people were discarnate, either OOB or dreaming.
I headed north toward the river, having a vague uneasy feeling that someone was following and that I had to get out of the city. Obstacles to flight began to materialize in midair - overhanging roofs up where no structures should have been. All of these constructs were only mental obstacles yet they still greatly hindered flying. Eventually I was forced to land of the roof of an apartment building. Then I was nearly trapped inside the building in a woman's apartment. After I got outside again by going through an open window the OBE unexpectedly ended and directly became a fantastic epic dream.
OBE #88 Notes. Time was between 2 AM and 4 AM. Duration was 20 to 30 minutes (followed by the dream which lasted over an hour). Unsure which side I lay on.
Locale I-BST, a familiar location. There were unfamiliar persons about, mostly discarnates (with perhaps 1 or 2 physical people as well(?)). Deliberate (passive), Affirmations (before sleep), Emotional, Floated, Flight, Energy (pranayama), Barriers, Meditation, OBE ended in a Dream, Travel-teleport.

btw the dream following this OBE was also kinda special so I decided to post that in the main Dream forum.
Thanx for reading.
Regards 8)
Grey

greytraveller
2nd January 2010, 03:59 AM
Happy New Year
IDK what 2010 holds in store but 2009 ended well for me because a couple days ago I had an OBE (only the 2 in nearly 4 months). Anyway here it is, It's short and sweet, easy reading. Post comments or questions if you want, I'd like to see them.

"Portal To A Dark Land"
Tuesday, December 29, 2009 (OBE #89)
The OBE was preceded by a dream. In the dream I had fallen asleep in an unfamiliar bedroom apartment. I woke up to see a large black and white frosted glass window in that bedroom. It appeared very strange, most unusual. I got up and went over to investigate it. I stood in front of this window for a short minute and then realized that it was a portal to another dimension. Suddenly, on an inspired impulse, I jumped through the frosted glass window.
OBE (#89) Suddenly I was out of body flying hundreds of feet above a strange land. The terrain was mostly steep hills and gullies with no trees and little (if any) vegetation. It was a dark cloudy night and the land below looked a dull colorless black and white and grey.
Quickly my elation turned to quick concern.Though flying is a joy I suddenly did not now feel safe and could sense, though could not see, strong presences somewhere nearby. I twisted about in the air looking for signs of life. Something ethereal seemed to dart about in nearby wispy clouds. Suddenly the OBE was over as abruptly as it had begun. I was back in waking consciousness in my room in the physical. :?
Notes -- Time was almost exactly 7:00 AM. Duration of this OBE was quite short - it lasted one minute or less. I believe the dream was actually in my bedroom. The frosted glass window was my perception of the only window in the room. When I went through that window then the OBE began but not directly outside above the street but in some far distant location. OBE #89 No familiar location(s). Locale I and or a BST. Unfamiliar being(s) were Discarnate flying creature(s). Dream Into OBE, Deliberate, Portal, Flight, Emotional, Meditation (hours before), Energy-pranayama (hours before), Short (less than 2 minutes).

Regards 8)
Grey

CFTraveler
2nd January 2010, 04:29 AM
Sounds like an Astral Projection (not sure why I capitalized it, but there you go.)
Happy New Year, btw.

greytraveller
3rd January 2010, 12:50 AM
Hi CFTraveler :D Thanx for the reply and a Happy New Year to you also!

You mentioned that the OBE was probably an astral projection (AP) and that has me curious about what you consider to be an AP, as opposed to an ethereal (etheric) projection (EP)? Do you consider a real time zone (RTZ) projection to be an EP?
And therefore an OBE to a non-physical location to be an AP?? (That is my understanding of the correct use/definition of AP and EP.) I realize that different people use those two terms in different ways and therefore the meanings become confusing and can entirely depend on the individual user.

Regards 8)
Grey

omcasey
3rd January 2010, 01:40 AM
omg, I'm never gonna get these terms down, h a h a . .

CFTraveler
3rd January 2010, 02:33 AM
Hi CFTraveler :D Thanx for the reply and a Happy New Year to you also!

You mentioned that the OBE was probably an astral projection (AP) and that has me curious about what you consider to be an AP, as opposed to an ethereal (etheric) projection (EP)? Do you consider a real time zone (RTZ) projection to be an EP? Yessir.

And therefore an OBE to a non-physical location to be an AP?? (That is my understanding of the correct use/definition of AP and EP.) Also correct, IMO.

I realize that different people use those two terms in different ways and therefore the meanings become confusing and can entirely depend on the individual user.

Regards 8)
Grey Yep. Some people call the etheric projection to be different than the RTZ (by a matter of degrees), a sort of 'in between' the RTZ and the physical.
I just see anything that can be nonphysical (or a vastly changed version of the RTZ) as an astral projection, and a 'true to life' RTZ the same as an etheric projection.

omg, I'm never gonna get these terms down, h a h a . . Hee hee, I had the same reaction when I was trying to figure out where I was going. Wait 'til you learn about focus levels.... it's like math but worse. :D

Hope your year is starting out good.

greytraveller
3rd January 2010, 09:30 PM
Hallo CFTraveler :)
On occasion I have felt the necessity to engage in verbal sparring over the meaning of terms like astral projection, ethereal, etheric, mental projection, etal. So it's good that we agree on the meaning of those terms. I try not to adhere too closely to the English language because, in the final reckoning, an OBE is an event that transcends common language. Yet even a partial and inadequate description of such an event is far better than none at all.
About the new year. Oh, yes indeed, 2010 seems to be starting quite well. Thank you. Last night I had another OBE ! I will post that here at AD in a day or so.

Regards 8)
Grey

greytraveller
5th January 2010, 01:32 AM
Hallo to all here at AD
The new years season has been good to me -astrally speaking. Just yesterday I went out of body again for the second time in a week! Whoooot! :D
In this OBE you may notice some similarities to the last, especially in going OOB from a dream and the flight. The important difference in this OBE was my ability to control strong emotions and focus that energy towards an obtainable goal.

Out Of Body Experience "High Energy Flight" (# 90)
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Similar to the OBE that occured 5 days ago (OBE #89 December 29, 2009) this OBE began with a dream.
Dream It began in a small house in a country area of Massachusetts. I stayed there with BR and MK (college friends from years ago). Nothing much of interest happened until I took a walk through nearby open rolling fields. I expressed a desire to fly and became lucid. A significant shift in consciousness took place and an OBE began.
OBE # 90 It was a sunny warm summer day. Now of course it is a cold January in the physical world so therefore the location was not a Real Time Zone and must have been a non-physical Belief System Territory. I was excited to have the chance to fly. This emotional energy was both an advantage and a disadvantage. The advantage was that this excitement provided enough extra emotional energy to allow me to float up off the ground and slowly fly over the field out of body. There was an intense focus and intention on flying. I was able to stay airborne for at least 5 to 10 minutes. (I sort of lost the sense of time here. Best guess is about 7 - 8 minutes.) However there was a limitation - I could only fly at walking/running speed and could not ascend higher than about 20 feet.
The disadvantage of my emotional state was that it acted as a barrier and prevented me from extending the OBE or from performing any activity other than flying. I was totally concentrated on flying and that was all. Nothing else was really possible. So when the flight ended as I slowly floated down to land on the grassy field that short burst of extra emotional energy was expended. Now my mental focus was gone and the OBE was over.
Dream The excitement had basically ended and I returned back into the dream state.
Notes. Time of this OBE was 9:45 to 10:30 AM. I had fortunately decided to sleep in and try to induce an OBE and/or LD. Duration of the OBE was 6 to 10 minutes. The dream (before and after the projection) lasted 45 minutes or more. I lay on my right side. OBE #90. No familiar location. The only Familiar people were dream characters in the dream. There were Unfamiliar Persons - Discarnate people and animals in the fields. Dream Into OBE, Deliberate, Emotional, Flight, Travel-teleport, Meditaion (before the OBE), Energy-pranayama (before the OBE) and OBE Ended Into Dream.

Thanx for reading. If you have a question and/or comment I would like to see it.
Regards 8)
Grey

greytraveller
21st January 2010, 08:09 PM
Hi there. This is my latest OBE adventure (or misadventure). It took place a few days ago in a non physical (astral) college campus.

"College Town BST"
Sunday, January 17, 2010 (OBE # 91)
As with other recent OBEs this began with a dream. In the dream I was about to take a shower. I turned on the water and got undressed. Suddenly the room was completely empty - no shower stall, no sink, nothing. Just a totally empty room with bare white walls.. I became lucid.
OBE. I opened up the window and looked out to observe a sprawling modern city. It appeared to be the campus of a major university. I flew out of the window and mentally dressed myself. The location was obviously a Belief System Territory (BST (non-physical)). Large 3, 4 and 5 story brick buildings were spaced well apart. A few wide streets could be seen although very few vehicles were visible. Most of the immediate area was connected by narrow concrete paths the ran between low hilly grassy fields. There were not many large trees to be seen yet there was alot of smaller vegetation everywhere.
People were walking about in warm daylight. These were discarnate people, probably a mixture of OBEers, dreamers and physically deceased persons. Though these people could see me hardly any of them paid me more than a quick glance as my flying did not attract much attention. Perhaps these people were too busy hurrying to a class or to their place of work? I flew around for about 5 minutes trying to find street signs but there were none to be seen. (Has anyone ever seen a street sign or an address number in the RTZ? Or in a BST??)
Finally I got bored so decided to swoop down, land and pick up a hot college age girl. Here the OBE faded into a dream.
Notes. Time was about 9:45 to 10:15 AM. The OBE lasted from 5 to 15 minutes. The dream (before and after the OBE) lasted another 10 to 20 minutes. I lay on my right side. OBE #91 The location was a BST which was Not familiar. There were no familiar persons there. There were unfamiliar discarnate persons there (most were about college age or slightly older). Dream>>Into>>OBE, Deliberate, Flight, Emotional, Travel-teleport, OBE>>Into>>Dream, Meditation (hours before), Energy-pranayama (hours before).

Thanx for reading. :)
Regards 8)
Grey

greytraveller
24th February 2010, 04:33 AM
Out Of Body Experience "Sorceress"
February 1, 2010 (OBE # 92)
There were no preliminary exit sensations. Not did this begin as a dream. It started in a Belief System Territory (BST). It was a large modern university, but with a very important twist. Magick was a significant, integral part of this place. It was not like "Hogwarts" of the "Harry Potter" books and films. It was very much like MIT or Cal Tech where magick was both part of the curriculum and a field of extensive research.
Another man and I had entered inside a huge academic building to confront a powerful woman - a sorceress. This woman had obtained an ancient magickal ring for research purposes. She had then secretly and illegally crafted a copy of the ring. My friend and I learned about this and had then somehow obtained (stolen?) the second ring. We were there to denounce her.
The encounter did not go well for us, however. The woman was much more powerful than we had anticipated. She nearly managed to get the illicit ring back by deceit (hypnosis??). I was then forced to destroy that ring right in front of her. This made her extremely angry. When several of her male assistants came forward to confront us it was time to leave. After flying up to near the top of the high domed ceiling my associate and I flew out of the vast room and then made our way outside the building.
Following this we flew to his large affluent apartment a short distance away. There we had a heated discussion. My friend had lost his nerve and wanted no more confrontations with the sorceress. He was a professor at the university. So perhaps he was concerned about losing his professorship and the prestige and affluence that went with it. I was highly disappointed with him and left. I somehow realized that there was danger ahead and so felt that it was either necessary to take dramatic (and dangerous) action or else to find a new ally.
For a short time I took a flight over the nearby urban area. Two men soon approached me. One man was somewhere in his mid thirties, the other man was older by about 20 years. They both offered me their assistance in opposing the malevolent sorceress.
First we celebrated the earlier success of destroying the elicit ring by playing an airborne game. It was part flying football and part aerial tag. Sometime during this game we were ambushed in midair by several men. A sprawling midair melee ensued. Out attackers (about 4 or 5 in number) were finally driven of after a hectic 10 minute aerial brawl. A short time later OBE abruptly ended.
Notes. The time was anywhere between 2 AM and 6 AM, This was a very long OBE, lasting more than an hour. I lay on my right side. OBE # 92 Locale was an unfamiliar BST.There were many discarnate people there. Deliberate, Travel-teleport, Flight, Floated, Fight, Emotional, Pain, Magick, Energy-pranayama (hours before), Meditation (hours before), Affirmations (hours before), Dying OOB.

greytraveller
15th March 2010, 11:23 PM
Out of Body Experience # 93
"Dark Flight Over Trees (Vision Problems)"
Friday, February 12, 2010
This was preceded by vibrations. After a few minutes these vibrations got very strong. It took a few more minutes and several attempts and then I was able to separate. When floating above my physical body I was unable to see anything at all. I managed to go into the next room and could distinctly feel, but not see, objects that I brushed past or bumped into.
Then I somehow got outside through a small window but still had no vision. Even vocalizing the affirmation, "Clarity Now" had no effect. I flew around outside for a few minutes. Finally I saw tall trees. This must have been another physical location or a Belief System Territory (BST) because there was no snow. Allyssa the elemental soon appeared. I went down and picked her up. Then we flew over the trees for a few minutes and the OBE ended. :?
Notes. Time was between 3:30 and 5:30 AM. The OBE lasted approximately 10 minutes. I lay on my left side. OBE # 93 was in a familiar location, a Locale I and also in an unfamilar location, a Locale I or a BST.. A familiar being, the elemental Allyssa, was present. Deliberate, Confused, Affirmations, Vibrations, Floated, Flight, Travel-teleport, Meditation (hours before), Energy-pranayama (hours before) and Alcohol (hours before).

As you can see this OBE was not dramatic. As annoyed as I was by not being unable to see I was even more irked because the OBE quickly ended soon after I was able to see.
Also the ineffectiveness of the affirmation, "Clarity Now" has given me reason for thought. Is "Clarity Now" the right affirmation or is "Vision Now" more appropriate when cannot see at ALL :?:
Any input, including questions, is appreciated.

Regards 8)
Grey

greytraveller
30th March 2010, 08:00 PM
Hallo to all :)
Here are my latest OBEs. Both were somewhat short and uneventful. Yet every OBE has Something interesting in it.

Out Of Body Experiences # 94 And # 95
Friday, March 12, 2010
In the early morning hours before dawn I awoke in the mind awake - body asleep state. Vibrations were coarsing through my body and I also experienced sleep paralysis. I allowed the vibrations to continue and they soon became much stronger. In only minutes I was able to vibrate my astral/ethereal body out of my physical body.
OBE # 94 "Short Float and Shorter Flight"
I hovered directly over my physical body and reached down and picked up Allyssa the elemental. She was in her normal physical form of purple alien toy. The mental state that I was in was very enjoyable. I decided to get outside and to go flying. However, it was difficult to go through the window. It took several tries yet I did manage to get outside. Once outside I hovered in midair right near the house for only 5 to 10 seconds and then the OBE simply ended.
OBE # 95 "Window Prevents Exit"
Once again I vibrated out of, and floated above, my physical body. Again I took Allyssa with me. Again I tried to go through a window. This time the window was a more formidable barrier. Despite trying three or four different times I never got outside. I almost got through but on one occasion got stuck halfway in the window.
Then I went down one flight of stairs. I intended to go to the first floor and try to get outside there through a door or a window. However, I heard my mother on the telephone (? she was actually asleep?) and this abruptly terminated the OBE.
Notes. Time was about 5:45 AM. Obe # 94 lasted less than 2 minutes, OBE # 95 lasted 3- 6 minutes. Lay on my left side. Both OBEs were in a familiar location, a Locale I. Both had a familiar being, Allyssa the elemental and # 95 also had the voice of a family member. Both OBEs included Floating, Deliberate, Emotional, Vibrations, Sleep Paralysis, Saw my Own Physical Body, Meditation (hours before), Energy-pranayama (hours before), Affirmations (hours before) and Alcohol (hours before). # 94 only was short and had a very short flight. # 95 only had a barrier (a window). Note also that the light outside was much brighter than it should have been as it was still predawn darkness.

If nothing these 2 experiences have convinced me that it IS worthwhile continuing the meditation, rope exercises, pranayama breathing and affirmations on a daily basis. The work Does pay off, just not when one necessarily expects it to pay off.
Thanx for reading. Replies are welcome.
Regards
Grey 8)

CFTraveler
30th March 2010, 09:53 PM
It's possible that the alcohol caused your getting stuck- In the past I have had a similar problem when taking ibuprofen- it made me feel 'dense' and 'heavy', sort of 'melty'.

greytraveller
31st March 2010, 03:20 AM
Hi CFTraveler
You are apparently right about the alcohol.
Alcohol seems to be something of a two sided coin regarding OBEs. Alcohol can tire out the physical body and loosen the connection with the astral/ethereal body enough to allow an OBE to occur. Yet at the same time alcohol also causes just enough distortion of astral perceptions that results in distortion and confusion. Alcohol probably gave me an opportunity to project and, after I Did project OOB, the result was a serious confusion that caused me to become stuck partly inside a wall.

Regards 8)
Grey

greytraveller
14th October 2010, 01:25 AM
Greetings to everyone. :) It has been quite awhile since I posted here. It has been much longer since I posted an OBE here. Fortunately I broke a nearly 7 month long dry spell of no OBEs a few nights ago. This OBE I have titled --

"Transition Into Astral Awareness"
Sunday, October 10, 2010 (OBE # 96)
This OBE was directly preceded by a dream.
Dream. I was living in New Orleans. Harry was there as my roommate. Eventually I moved out of that apartment and was staying in a very large warehouse-type building. Here I missed obvious clues for lucidity including furniture and items disappearing. Writing also kept fading away. Eventually this dream transitioned into an OBE.
OBE # 96 This began in the large, mostly empty, warehouse room. I was already out of body. The place was either an unfamiliar physical location or else was somewhere in an ethereal belief system territory.
My consciousness transitioned from the dream into astral awareness. Yet this astral awareness was not complete because I thought that my physical body was in the warehouse room. I was not physically there of course. I floated up about 18-20 feet to the ceiling. This felt quite good. I was mildly excited.
The room was completely empty. I decided to look for my physical body yet (obviously) could not see it. This OBE was quite short as it lasted less than 2 minutes. Lucidity was not strong so my consciousness transitioned back into a dream, actually a false awakening.
False awakening. Here I tried to record the OBE on paper. Again words kept fading away so I finally realized it was a dream.
Notes. OBE # 96 Locale I or an Ethereal-BST. No other persons or beings. Travel-teleport, Deliberate, Dream Into OBE, Floated, Short, OBE Into Dream, Meditation (earlier), Pranayama (earlier).
While not much happened during this short OBE it still felt good. Long dry spells of no OBEs are puzzling to me. The intent and desire to go out of body are still there yet nothing happens. Other people also have dry spells and everyone who experiences these 'lulls' is at a loss to explain why it happens.

Thanx for reading. Regards 8)
Grey

Korpo
14th October 2010, 12:44 PM
Hello, greytraveller.

Experiences come in bursts. A lot of activity in the course of days and weeks, only to recede. Think of it like waves your consciousness is riding on. In the same sense there will be lows as there will be highs.

Additionally every experience needs to be processed and integrated, else learning would not be possible. This you can facilitate, but it also takes time. Part of integration is interpreting and understanding your experiences and also your dreams, being conscious during your experiences, recording them. Longer dry spells can result if experiences are not investigated, I think.

The emptiness of the room might indicate that the soul purpose was to get you in touch with your astral body without too much distraction of any other kind. I don't think it was on the etheric plane/RTZ. I think you faded from an astral plane dream in an astral plane simulation, maybe.

It would also explain the false awakening. In trying to wake up from the astral experience you only made it halfway to the etheric body, which always plays a role in downloading and recalling experiences.

Cheers,
Oliver

greytraveller
22nd October 2010, 03:59 AM
Hallo Korpo
Thanx for the reply.
I concur about OBEs coming in bunches or in bursts. That Is likely somehow regulated by, or entangled with, both consciousness and energy.
I suspect that the empty room was probably a result or my faulty astral senses and awareness. Lucidity was not good during this OBE and the result was a short, vague experience.

Regards
Grey

greytraveller
11th November 2010, 01:22 AM
Hallo everyone

I am pleased to report another OBE happened a few days ago. There were a few similarities between this OBE and the "Transition into Astral Awareness" OBE that took place on October 10. Both OBEs were preceded by a dream (which was in New Orleans with a roommate). And both were in an unfamiliar location directly from the dream state. This OBE is tilted --

"A Friend? No, A Thought Elemental"
Friday, November 5, 2010 (OBE # 97)
This OBE began with a dream.
Dream. Harry and I were back in New Orleans living in a large 2 room apartment in a multi-story building. I was resting on a sofa in a meditative state. I heard a strange noise so Harry took a look around yet nobody else was there. A few moments later I felt very mild vibrations and so became aware of the possibility of going out of body.
OBE # 97. It took 2 or 3 attempts over several minutes to separate and achieve the OBE. I simply floated up off the sofa and went up the wall to the ceiling.
I was still in the apartment and Harry was also there. It is (now) obvious to me that Harry was only a thought elemental / dream character and was not actually there. Yet the location is not as obvious. Perhaps the place was an unfamiliar physical location or it may have been a non-physical ethereal realm. Or possibly I was still in my own bedroom and dream imagery distorted my astral awareness.
Wherever it was I floated around up near the ceiling and called out to Harry to witness and 'confirm' the OBE. Harry heard and saw me and expressed amazement. I was excited at the idea of having a friend validate the OBE without realizing, of course, that the friend was not really there. So I spent a few minutes explaining the basics of the OBE to the thought elemental Harry. This was a mistake because it wasted time and kept me too close to my physical body. As a result reintegration with the physical soon occured.
Notes. Time was between 4:00 - 5:30 AM. Duration lasted about 7 - 10 minutes. I (probably) lay on my left side. The location was either an unfamiliar (physical) Locale I or else an ethereal BST. There was a familiar being - a thought elemental. Dream >>into>> OBE, Deliberate, Emotional, Confused, Floated, Vibrations, Pranayama (earlier), Meditation (earlier) and (maybe) teleportation.

Feel free to post comments or questions. :)
Thanx & regards 8)
Grey

CFTraveler
11th November 2010, 02:27 AM
I think this was a mental projection- you analyzed your projection and 'broke it down' to your (male=analytical) dream character. I think you were already in a dream/astral environment, therefore are doing some changes to how you project- to a more mental environment.

greytraveller
12th November 2010, 03:56 AM
Hallo CFT

Thanx for the reply, I appreciate your thoughts.
You are most certainly correct in that I was

already in a dream/astral environment.
This has happened before to me, it occurred in my last OBE in October. As to why it happens, I really cannot say. I still attempt projection the 'old fashion way' (vibrations, SP and roll out method). So if a change in separation/projection have occurred they are all subconscious and are Not deliberate.

Regards 8)
Grey

Korpo
12th November 2010, 01:00 PM
Hello, greytraveller.

The way you analyse your dream while having it and also the lucidity indicate that the 6th chakra is active. The 6th chakra plays a big role in integrating the abilities of an energy body and being capable of logical analysis. It's usually also the stepping stone into lucidity. (All according to Kurt.)

Being aware that you were in a "multi-story building" was probably inner sense awareness of your location regarding to the wider astral plane. You know you were at a certain level, and it indicated it might have been possible to switch between subplanes in this experience.

If this was really an astral plane dream, you were at no time "close to your physical body." You kind of tricked yourself here into believing you have to exit when you're already "out" and being drawn in by what was not your physical body to begin with. I think the rule only applies to etheric body RTZ OBEs within your bedroom. I also think that at the time you being to dream lucidly etheric OBEs recede a lot, at least for some people. They're not "gone," there might just be less of them.

Identifying that a dream character is just an expression of elemental essence and has no independent existence outside the dream environment you're in is a function of the 4th chakra, possibly here combined and coordinated with the 6th. A feeling (a notion of "this is a dream character") combined with analysis thereof.

To expand lucidity you could try challenging dream characters. Instead of telling them something, ask them something. Ask the surrounding dream. Put a question to the room. This might all expand a lucid dream either into an astral plane OBE or yield very interesting answers.

Cheers,
Oliver

greytraveller
13th November 2010, 02:48 AM
Korpo
Interesting reply and thanx for the feedback.

The 6th chakra is the middle eye chakra called Ajna, yes? That chakra regulates mental functions and awareness (and also ties into what CFT posted about a mental projection).
The 4th chakra is the heart "Anahata" chakra, right?

Your quote

You kind of tricked yourself here into believing you have to exit when you're already "out" and being drawn in by what was not your physical body to begin with.

Yes, I totally agree with that. I would like to reword
tricked yourself here into believing into the term 'misperceived' or 'had faulty astral awareness.' You are correct in that I was 'already "out" ' but I was unable to discern the difference between the astral environment and dream imagery.
I like your idea of challenging dream characters, or any unfamiliar person/being in an OBE. That would be an excellant habit to acquire in future OBEs.

btw I had Another OBE 2 nights ago and will post that here shortly. :)

Regards 8)
Grey

Korpo
16th November 2010, 01:21 PM
1st - base
2nd - genital/navel
3rd - spleen/solarplexus
4th - heart
5th - throat
6th - third eye/brow
7th - crown

Cheers,
Oliver

greytraveller
28th November 2010, 03:23 AM
Greetings all
I'm happy to report another OBE, it happened a few days ago and have just gotten around to posting it. This one is titled --
"Short Flight"
Thursday November 11, 2010 (OBE # 98)
This OBE was not preceded by a dream. It was late morning and I was in a deep hypnagogic state. Though there were no vibrations there was mild sleep paralysis. I had a sense that this was the right condition to deliberately go out of body and so made the effort to separate. Yet it was not easy and took about 5 minutes to fully get OOB. I was concerned about moving physically or opening my eyes and fortunately neither happened.
Totally blind I rose up about 2 feet above my physical body. Without a plan of action or a specific goal in mind (forgot about Astral Pulse Island yet again! I need to do something about that) I decided to try to get outside by going through a window. Without vision I had to find my way by touch alone (forgot to use the "Clarity Now" affirmation, doh!). After a minute or so of groping about I reached the window.
Getting outside through the window was surprisingly easy. I floated/flew about 30 feet above the yard lying horizontally. Gradually sight came, first I could see the yard, then the street and a nearby tree. I thought about what to do next and decided to visit CK (had not seen her since high school). This would take me to Stanton Heights, another neighborhood about a mile away. I made a flight of only one block and there an apartment building blocked my way. Unable to go over this building I tried to go around it. Yet the OBE suddenly ended and I found myself reintegrated back into the physical.
Notes. Time was about 9:00 AM. Duration was 10 to 15 minutes. I lay on my right side. Location was a familiar physical Locale I. Deliberate, Confused (due to initial lack of sight), Flight, Floated, Sleep Paralysis, Meditation (before), Affirmations (before), Pranayama (before). After reintegration I was pleased at being able to deliberately go out of body yet was very unsatisfied with the quality and duration of the OBE.

Thanx for reading and regards. Grey

greytraveller
13th January 2011, 04:11 AM
Hallo to all :)
Another OBE here. This one was from December (the first of two actually, the second will be posted here in a couple days. This is Titled

"Deluge"
Thursday, December 23, 2010 (OBE # 99)
The first memory of this OBE was as I floated through a crowded hospital. There were many nurses standing about in conversation with one another. After about 5 minutes of floating above hallways I asked a nurse how to get out of the hospital. She directed me to a long corridor that led to a large warehouse-type retail store that was part of the same building.
Soon I was outside. Allyssa, in purple alien form, was with me inside a small backpack. Suddenly it began to pour down rain. I waited out the short violent storm under shelter. However, after the storm ended when walking across a large lawn I came across puddles that were up to 3 feet deep. Here I became bogged down in murky dirty water and felt extremely nauseous. Fortunately I was able to get to a dry sidewalk before becoming very ill.
A few minutes later I reached a vehicle and then drove along a residential street for 15 to 20 minutes. The street ended in a gravel road where a large crowd was gathering to watch a golf tournament. So I turned the car around and drove away. This OBE continued for another 10 to 15 minutes. What happened during that time is nearly forgotten.
Notes. Time was between 5:00 to 6:00 AM. Duration was between 30 to 75 minutes.
The location was a Belief System Territory (BST, either astral or ethereal). A familiar being was there --Allyssa the elemental. There where also many different discarnate people. Deliberate, Emotional, Floated, Pain, Dream>>into>>OBE, Teleport, Confused, Pranayama (before), Meditation (before), Affirmations (before).

Second note. Allyssa the elemental has appeared during several OBEs and dreams. I suspect that she is a true elemental ( a being apart from my own consciousness ) though she could perhaps be a self created thought elemental. In any event I treat her as a separate individual. :)
Regards 8)
Grey

greytraveller
31st January 2011, 04:23 AM
Greetings.
Here I'm finally getting around to posting my latest OBE (which happened back in late December). This astral excursion is somewhat out of the ordinary, however, and is well worth the read. The title is

"Magickal History Book"
Sunday, December 26, 2010 (OBE # 100)
This began already out of body as I viewed a magickal history book. This book opened up to pages of continuous film of 'history'. 'History' is in quotation marks because I believe that most of what was shown was an alternate history in a parallel or alternate universe.
Most of what was shown was early World War 2 in North Africa. Italian infantry, armor and trucks moved across flat desert-like areas.This may have been Libya or Egypt or, more likely Ethiopia or Somalia (where some historical combat did occur during 1939 and 1940). However, none of the tanks looked familiar.
There were also many scenes of civilians travelling on foot, sometimes with Italian soldiers. There were also other scenes of 'history' that looked to be during World War 2 but the exact date and location were undetermined.
At times small graphic texts in the book would appear to identify various Italian tanks or vehicles. Other people viewed this book with me. I made a comment about this to a man saying that none of the tanks or vehicles looked familiar.
After watching historical imagery for 10 to 12 minutes (it may have been longer because the book was fascinating so more time may have passed) a new 'historical' event was shown. A group of (Italian?) women had gathered to demand that a North African man be turned over to them to be punished for (sex?) crimes. The images were somewhat disjointed but the people and events were very clear. Eventually somebody inside a house turned the man over to the women and this story ended.
Suddenly, however, I was actually at that location and not just viewing it in the book. It was a small town somewhere in North Africa (or maybe in Italy). I believe this was most likely either a Belief System Territory or a parallel universe. Anyway I was on a small street or alley near a long wall. The man who had also been viewing the book was with me. I scanned the area from a door in the wall and then walked farther along the street/alley about 30 feet to a small house. Here the OBE abruptly ended without warning and I was back in my physical body.
Notes. Time was 5:15 to 6:00 AM. Duration of the OBE was 20 to 40 minutes, maybe longer. I lay on my right side. Location was either a Belief System Territory (BST) or an alternate universe. There were many people there (either discarnate if in a BST or physical if in an alternate Universe (I*)).Deliberate, Emotional, Teleport, Portal, Book, Time change, Pranayama (before), Meditation (before), Affirmations (before).

Thanx for reading. I've never experienced anything quite like this before when out of body. If something similar has happened to you when OOB I'd really like to hear/read about it!

Regards 8)
Grey

greytraveller
27th February 2011, 04:28 AM
Hallo allo all :)

I am again pleased to post my latest OBE here. Lately I have been fortunate to have had above average experiences OOB. Although the OBE was not overly dramatic (except for the part where I was chased!) this out of body adventure was eventful and interesting. Here it is with the title of ---

"Flight To New Orleans"
Monday January 31, 2011 (OBE # 101)
This began a few miles outside New Orleans. I had already separated and teleported to a place that was either an unfamiliar physical location or a BST (probably the former). So I am out of body in a quiet country area near a two lane road. It's a warm day and nobody is around. It's time for me to start heading off somewhere. I sensed a major city was nearby but was unsure how close it was (and it could have been two hours or more walking distance away).
Fortunately I immediately realized that flying would be much faster and safer. So I took to the air and the flying skills were good. It was an uneventful flight, most of it anyway. About 10 minutes later I began to see a few people, some vehicles and an occasional animal. These may have been physical beings or they may have been discarnates. Very few people took any notice of me.
It was actually a very long flight which lasted over half an hour, maybe 40 to 50 minutes. Towards the end of the flight when I neared the outskirts of the city a few people could be seen flying about. Here I had trouble maintaining height and speed and dropped down from over 100 feet to as low as 10 feet.
Near New Orleans more and more people were about. A few people tried to either fly up or jump up and catch me!?! Only two or three people were able to fly. About 10 or so other people tried to jump up and pull me down. Fortunately I rather easily eluded all their hostile efforts.
Of greater concern, however, was a series of (near) violent encounters with hostile animals. Most of these were dogs and a few were various African herd animals including water buffalo (?) (so maybe this was a BST and not physical New Orleans). Since the closer I got to the city the harder it became to fly it was extremely difficult to stay high enough to avoid these animals. A few of the dogs managed to jump up an insane distance (20 feet or more) and nearly bit me. Finally I reached the New Orleans city limits after covering the final few hundred yards over what looked to be an abandoned building in a very large industrial yard. Going just high enough to elude the last dog I reached New Orleans proper and headed towards a main street.
Now my energy must have been quite low. The flight was over as I landed outside a small restaurant. Going inside this burger joint I waited behind a customer who was ordering to a cook. Two more customers waited for their food in another room. One of these men made a disparaging joke about the restaurant's food yet I ordered two hamburgers anyway. The cook asked if I wanted cheese and I did. The sense of smell was quite good here as the grilled burgers had a very appetizing aroma. Before I could eat the OBE ended and I was back in my physical body (in Pittsburgh).
Notes The time was between 6:30 and 7:45 AM. Duration of the OBE was at least 40 to 50 minutes, probably longer. I lay on my right side. The location was an unfamiliar physical area or a BST (in and near New Orleans). There were many unfamiliar people and animals (most probably were discarnate). Deliberate (passive), Acute sense of smell, Emotional, Flight, Teleport, Meditation (before), Pranayama (before), Affirmations (before) and also practiced rope cargo net before sleep.

Thanx for reading. If you have a comment, question or suggestion then I would like to see it.
Regards 8)
Grey

manish_gof
27th February 2011, 01:38 PM
Hey Grey,

Its astounishing long period of oobe and also that you remembered all of it; the flight to new orleans. How long have you been practicing oobe?

Regards,
Manish

greytraveller
27th February 2011, 06:01 PM
Hallo Manish Gof
Thanx for your reply.
Yes, this was a very long time being out of body, for me it was anyway. I was able to remember much of what happened but did forget a few things.
I had many OBEs as a child and pre-teenager. But I did not know what they were and so I thought that they were only 'special' dreams. About 15 years ago I found out about OBEs and astral projection. This has been so fascinating that I have been practicing it ever since then.

Regards 8)
Grey

greytraveller
5th April 2011, 06:01 PM
Hallo All
Recently I have been fortunate in having several OBEs in only the past 2 weeks. That's a lot for me :) (who only averages about 1 a month or so :| ). This is the first in that series. It's titled --

"Road To Hell"
Friday, March 18, 2011 (OBE # 102)
I came to astral awareness while driving along a desolate road along with my girlfriend (Barbara?). This was out in the middle of a barren land of steep hills and few trees. We were completely lost. We did have a map of the local area but had not been able to locate any landmarks.
At one point the road went down to the bottom of a steep canyon. The landscape appeared to be the same in all directions. This was depressing as it seemed unlikely that we would be able to find a way out. We kept going and about a mile away near a hill top there was a fork in the road. It was a relief to see 2 prominent locations that were both depicted on the map.
One landmark was a satanist church and compound which was only a few hundred yards away. A sign pointed to the other landmark - a magickal castle or estate that was about a mile distant. We decided to go to the magickal castle/estate. However, I took a right turn at the intersection instead of going left. The right turn took us into the back entrance of the satanist compound.
This did not much concern me and I stopped at the first building in sight, a small one floor ranch-type house. We got out of the car and went inside. Nobody was there. Nobody was visible anyway.
After a few minutes invisible spirits slowly materialized floating in midair. These spirits were, surprisingly, neither evil nor malevolent. They simply looked at us and I soon made a type of telepathic contact with them. They affirmed that the house was indeed part of the satanist compound. The church members were all human as fortunately there were no demons or hostile creatures nearby.
We decided to wait for a doctor or professor to arrive. This was a bit confusing as I was unsure if this person was familiar to my girlfriend or if he was a member of the satanist church. (Maybe he was a doctor of theology = reverend?) Anyway the better part of an hour passed uneventfully. It began to get dark outside. We decided to wait one more hour before leaving. At this point the projection simply ended.
Notes. Time was between 10:00 and 11:30 AM. The duration was at least 60 minutes, most probably longer. OBE # 102 the location was a BST. There was a familiar discarnate - my girlfriend. There were several unfamiliar discarnate spirits. Confusion (as to the location), Deliberate (passive), Emotional, Magick, Teleportation, Time change (+). Meditation (before), Paranayama (before), Affirmations (before), (and maybe a dream turning into an OBE.) Also practiced rope cargo net before sleep.
Note 2. The beginning of the experience might have been a dream, I'm not sure. Lucidity and consciousness in general were weak throughout. My outlook was mostly 'go with the flow' to see where the experience was headed. So I was reluctant to try to exert much conscious control as this might have abruptly ended the projection.

Thanx for reading. If you any questions or comments I'd like to see them. 8)
Grey

CFTraveler
5th April 2011, 06:43 PM
Comment/question. Do you by any chance have negative associations with traditional or contemporary christianity? (Or whatever your religion of culture is)

greytraveller
6th April 2011, 11:38 PM
Hallo CFT
To answer your question - I pretty much consider Christianity (and most other of the major religions) a sham. So, by definition, yes I would consider that to be a negative association (especially with 'traditional' Roman Catholicism).
I think I know why you ask this question -- it is possible that my negative attitude towards Christianity somehow influenced this OBE. That may in fact be the case. I do not know for certain either way. What I am definately certain about is that I am Not a member of a satanist church and do not practice magick, either black or white. So I consider the out of body visit to the Satanist compound as nothing more than a random event, similar in many respects to other unexplainable out of body travels. :?

Regards
Grey

CFTraveler
7th April 2011, 01:22 AM
Let me explain why I asked the question (and no, you are not a person I would associate with Satanism at all).

One landmark was a satanist church and compound which was only a few hundred yards away. A sign pointed to the other landmark - a magickal castle or estate that was about a mile distant. Here you refer to the satanist compound as a 'church' (hence the negative association with the word 'church') and as the magical castle or estate as a castle or estate, and not a church.

We decided to go to the magickal castle/estate. However, I took a right turn at the intersection instead of going left. The right turn took us into the back entrance of the satanist compound. Here, you took a right turn. Now, in medieval and post medieval christianity the word 'right' denotes holiness- but the 'right' turn takes you to the back end of the satanist compound. This almost reminds me of a 'tree of life' in which the 'Qlippoth' realm is in the reverse of the tree- once again, a 'mirror image' (but vertically oriented) of a religious establishment- a 'reverse' church.

This did not much concern me and I stopped at the first building in sight, a small one floor ranch-type house. We got out of the car and went inside. Nobody was there. Nobody was visible anyway. You are not afraid in this compound. This tells me you are not afraid in either connotation- the religious establishment or it's 'reverse', which is as full of religion as the 'conventional' version.

After a few minutes invisible spirits slowly materialized floating in midair. These spirits were, surprisingly, neither evil nor malevolent. They simply looked at us and I soon made a type of telepathic contact with them. They affirmed that the house was indeed part of the satanist compound. The church members were all human as fortunately there were no demons or hostile creatures nearby. Interesting that there were humans but no demons- making me think this is not 'conventional' satanism, but a 'reverse' look at religion- you see where I'm going with this? Also, the spirits (or ghosts- humans that are transparent) makes me think that this is a comment on what religion does to people...

We decided to wait for a doctor or professor to arrive. This was a bit confusing as I was unsure if this person was familiar to my girlfriend or if he was a member of the satanist church. (Maybe he was a doctor of theology = reverend?) Anyway the better part of an hour passed uneventfully. It began to get dark outside. We decided to wait one more hour before leaving. At this point the projection simply ended. The irreverent reverend confirms in my head that this is an expression of your discontent with religion.

Notes. Time was between 10:00 and 11:30 AM. The duration was at least 60 minutes, most probably longer. OBE # 102 the location was a BST. There was a familiar discarnate - my girlfriend. There were several unfamiliar discarnate spirits. Confusion (as to the location), Deliberate (passive), Emotional, Magick, Teleportation, Time change (+). Meditation (before), Paranayama (before), Affirmations (before), (and maybe a dream turning into an OBE.) Also practiced rope cargo net before sleep.
Note 2. The beginning of the experience might have been a dream, I'm not sure. Lucidity and consciousness in general were weak throughout. My outlook was mostly 'go with the flow' to see where the experience was headed. So I was reluctant to try to exert much conscious control as this might have abruptly ended the projection.
You were lucid enough to know or believe that to try to exert control would end it- like maybe the 'scene' was set for a reason, and changing it would void the purpose- so I would classify this as a message from you, to you.
Of course this is my opinion, no need to buy any of it. :)

greytraveller
8th April 2011, 02:39 AM
Hallo CFT
Thanx for the insights. You could be right about some of it, or even all of, I really just don't know.
I will mention one thing which I thought about only after the AP had ended. Although there Was some tension upon entering the building in the compound the fact that basically nothing at all happened there proved to be quite a let down. Frankly I did not have a desire to meet Satan or any demons but I truly expected something enlightening to happen, even in a negative sense (as, for example, an irate initiate yelling at us to "get the Hell out". But no, absolutely nothing of importance took place. Quite boring really!

Regards 8)
Grey

greytraveller
16th April 2011, 02:33 AM
Greetings
This is one in a series of recent OBEs. (The two others will be posted here in a couple of days.) This is titled --

"Short Evening Walk"
Saturday April 2, 2011 (OBE # 104)
I awoke in astral consciousness outside of my physical body and still inside my bedroom. Shortly I decided to get out of the house so got outside through the front door. It was early evening and was a warm quiet night. I made a right turn at the corner and headed down the hill.
A quite attractive young woman walked past me and then she went out into the street and just stopped? For some reason I was not surprised nor curious about this and kept going down the hill to Highland Ave. There I stopped for a minute or so while trying to decide what to do next. I felt uneasy, as if being watched or maybe in a needless hurry. Something was not quite right. Anyhow, before deciding where to go next the OBE simply ended.
Notes. Time was between 8:45 PM and 9:10 PM. The duration was only 5 to 7 minutes. I lay on my left side. The location was a familiar physical area. . There was only one unfamiliar discarnate person seen. Deliberate (passive), Pranayama (before), Meditation (before), Affirmations (before).

Regards 8)
Grey

NightWalker
20th April 2011, 03:54 PM
Well.....between you all, I'll never have to read another Astral Projection book again! All of the experts are on here :D
Fascinating stuff! ......very jealous 8)

greytraveller
24th April 2011, 03:03 AM
Greetings all
Here is another successful projection using the sleep late in the morning and convert a dream into an OBE method. One of the things I liked about this was that I transitioned into the astral directly from a normal, non-lucid dream. In other words this time I managed to bypass the lucid part of the dream and go strait into the astral.

"New Orleans Phase"
Monday April 4, 2011 (OBE # 105)
This began as a dream. In the dream I was living somewhere in New Orleans with Harry. For some reason I got into a nasty verbal confrontation with him. So I left and was living in a one room bedroom (probably in a boarding house).
OBE # 105 I came to astral awareness after separation out of body had already occurred. I walked to the window in the small bedroom and peered through it. A grass lawn near a brightly lit city street was clearly visible. I tried to go through the window yet had trouble doing so. Finally, after several attempts, I just did manage to phase through it.
Yet the outside had now changed into a long indoor hall. So I walked down the hall then went upstairs to look for people. The few people there were all unfamiliar. I found a bedroom and got into bed.
A short time later I was harassed by a black man. We got into a vicious fight. After that I met 2 familiar women. We went upstairs to their third floor rooms. We were about to go to bed together when this ended.
Notes. Time was 8:30 AM to 9:00 AM. The duration was 5 to 15 minutes. I lay on my right side. The location was a BST of New Orleans. There were 2 familiar discarnate beings, both female (Allyssa?, although Harry was only a dream character). There were also several unfamiliar discarnate people about. Deliberate, Emotional, Dream>>into>> OBE, Fight, Teleport, Pranayama (before), Meditation (before), Affirmations (before), Rope cargo net (before). The OBE may have transitioned back into a dream right before the fight because the quality of lucidity from that point on was decidedly subnormal.

Upon further reflection I am pretty sure that the fight and subsequent events were all back in the dream state.
Thanx for reading. 8)
Grey

greytraveller
4th July 2011, 02:16 AM
Greetings all
Here, after a very long break, I am again posting my recent OBEs. This experience is back from early April.

Out Of Body Experience # 106
"Mary"
Tuesday April 5, 2011
Strangely this began with dream imagery (the dream state) about a family get together in New Castle, IN. It was a large gathering which included my (deceased) father. However, I strongly believe that all the family members there were dream characters and that this was not an after death communication.
Significantly there Was one person there who was out of place. It took me several minutes to realize that and when I grasped this fact I was immediately able to transition into astral awareness.
The person who would normally not have been there was Mary G. I knew her from grade school and high school yet could not call her a close friend and she never attended any family gatherings. I should also add that back in school I was very attracted to her, had a crush on her in fact, although we never dated.
Anyway, after becoming aware of the astral (or ethereal) environment all the family members gradually disappeared one by one. I quite expected Mary to disappear as well yet she remained.
We began talking and eventually (ten to fifteen minutes later) nobody else remained. She was a bit older than I remembered her yet appeared much younger than she must actually be now. She had a subdued, even sad and melancholy, manner. Yet I found it much easier to talk to her now than I had ever before in the physical.
We were together for about 30 minutes. And honestly I did feel some unusual emotions or vibes. It was actually somewhat unusual because I felt sad that she was so quiet and depressed and was also strangely excited to see her again. There was no sex involved although that possibility was certainly not out of the question. So, really, I am unsure of what to make of it all.
Notes. Time was about 10:00 AM to 11:15 AM and duration was maybe 30 to 45 minutes. I lay on my left side. OBE # 106 was either in a physical area of Pittsburgh or in a BST of same. The only real person there was Mary (discarnate) as all the others must have only been dream characters. Deliberate, Emotional, Dream>>into>>OBE, Pranayama (before), Meditation (before), Affirmations (before) Rope cargo net (before).

Regards
Grey

Beekeeper
4th July 2011, 07:27 AM
Reading your dream, I wonder what was happening around April 5th. Perhaps there was a real connection to Mary that could be pursued IRL. Alternately, maybe there was a relationship with a woman at the time that was triggering the same associations and your dream was trying to let you know about a possibility. The dream may also have been a progress indicator, since you found it easier to talk to Mary than previously and you were also very aware of her feelings.

greytraveller
4th July 2011, 07:31 PM
Hallo Beekeeper.
Thanx for your reply.
You may well be correct in your interpretation of this OBE. It is possible yet I have no way to know. I have not seen May in over twenty years and she probably lives in another city and/or state.

Regards
Grey

greytraveller
14th July 2011, 08:42 PM
Greetings
Here is another OBE from a couple of months back that I'm just now getting around to posting. It is titled --

"Wide Ranging Flight"
Tuesday, April 12, 2011 (OBE #107)
This projection began as a dream. At first the dream was a basic non-descript affair until I began to fly. Once I got airborne my emotions soared making the dream both enjoyable and memorable.
OBE # 107. Very soon I 'awoke' in astral awareness as the dream had transitioned into an OBE. I was flying over houses in a surburban neighborhood. It was a bright, warm sunny day. There were people about doing various normal activities. Nobody paid me any attention. Flying was very easy and natural.
This was a very enjoyable flight. During the next 10 to 20 minutes the locations suddenly changed 2 or 3 times. Without warning or reason I quickly found myself flying over a completely different landscape. First I teleported while in midair to a country area of open fields. Few buildings and fewer people were to be found there. Then just a couple of minutes later I again teleported to a forest. Maybe this was a state park or a national forest? All of these locations -- the suburbs, the forest and the country fields -- were unfamiliar to me.
Lucid dream. Soon the projection transitioned into a lucid dream. Although a lucid consciousness was maintained I was now aware of creating all of the landscapes. And these landscapes kept rapidly changing, going from city to large forest to small woods to country fields to city again to forest again. All these areas appeared and disappeared in rapid succession. The lucid dream continued for about 5 minutes and then I was in waking consciousness in the physical body.
Notes. Time was between 9:30 AM and 10:15 AM. The duration of the dream was 5 to 10 minutes, the OBE was 10 to 20 minutes, and the lucid dream lasted 5 minutes. I lay on my right side. The locations were probably all physical although one or two may have been BSTs. There were many people about (physical or discarnate?). Deliberate, Emotional, Dream>>into>>OBE, Flight, OBE>>into>>lucid dream, Teleport, Pranayama (before), Meditation (before), Affirmations (before), Rope cargo net (before).

Thanx for reading.
Have a question or a comment? Then post it here.
Grey

Atheric Traveler
17th September 2011, 04:04 AM
Pretty fascinating!!

greytraveller
17th September 2011, 02:05 PM
Hallo Atheric Traveler
Thanx for the response. Most all OBEs have at least one interesting aspect to them. This particular OBE had many interesting and puzzling aspects.
btw I've got one or two more OBEs to post here and should do so in a couple days.

Cheers
Grey

greytraveller
21st December 2011, 04:28 AM
Greetings all
As part of an effort to catch up on some things left unfinished this year I am posting some OBEs. Let's start with these two with happened this spring.

"Flying Disk"
Friday April 22, 2011 (OBE # 108)
Was flying over an area west of the city (Pittsburgh). I stopped when a classical disk shaped 'flying saucer' went past a short distance away. The place where I landed had a small maintenance building in the middle of an empty lot.
As I walked over to this building and looked inside a window a woman came over to me. She was a 30-something white woman. She immediately said that she too had just seen a flying saucer. I then went inside the unlocked building to notice several small, 3 foot to 4 foot, models of the disk shaped craft inside.
The woman and I agreed that what we had seen outside was not a small scale model. We had both seen a large craft that was at least twenty to thirty feet in diameter and eight to ten feet high. I related to her some of the stories told by Bob Lazaar and others who had reportedly back engineered recovered alien space craft. She was impressed by this and admitted that had she not seen an actual flying disk she would not have believed that any of it was possible.
Our conversation was interrupted by a maintenance worker who approached the building. We tried to hide from him but this man soon saw the woman. He got angry so I took the woman outside and we left before he could do anything. The OBE ended only a minute or two later.
Notes. Time was between 10AM and 11AM. Duration was about 10 to 15 minutes. I lay on my right side. The location was either physical or a BST of this local area. There were many unfamiliar people around and I interacted with 2 discarnate persons. Deliberate (passive), Emotional, Flight, Starship, Pranayama (before), Meditation (before), Affirmations (before), Rope cargo net (before).

"Short City Flight"
Wednesday, May 18, 2011 (OBE # 109)
This OBE was quite short. It lasted only 3 or 4 minutes. I came to astral awareness while flying over an unfamiliar city. Actually it was over a main highway nearing the outskirts of the city.
Moving vehicles were everywhere and people could also be seen. My eyesight was actually quite good. For just a moment I thought it might be a lucid dream. Then I realized that it really was an OBE. One major difference is that I was not creating any objects or people. The location, the people and the vehicles all had an objective existence outside and apart from my own mind. Had this been a LD I would have created the scenery and dream characters. In this OBE I just observed what was already there.
The flight was quite short. I went about a mile and got into the city. It was daylight, fairly warm and partly sunny. Astral consciousness, while it lasted, was very clear and focused. The problem was that it did not last. Suddenly this ended as I reintegrated back in the physical body. After a modest and unsuccessful attempt at deliberately going out of body again I fell asleep.
Notes. Time was between 8:00 and 9:30 AM. Duration was less than 5 minutes. The location (was probably) a physical location - an unfamiliar American city. There were no familiar persons there though there were plenty of unfamiliar people about (all likely physical). Flight, Teleport, Acute sight, Pranayama (before), Meditation (before), Affirmations (before), Rope cargo net (before).

Thanx for reading. All comments and questions are welcomed.
Regards
Grey

greytraveller
9th March 2012, 11:13 PM
Greetings all
Wow, I am WAY behind on posting OBEs. Recently I have had 2 OBEs but before I post either of those I am going to get up to date with a few older OBEs.
Here are two of those --

"Return To Familiar Location And Obstacles"
Friday, June 3, 2011 (OBE # 110)
This began when I came to astral awareness in a familiar location. It was a place that I had visited many years ago in a previous OBE (probably as a young boy). It was an open field, bordered by tall trees at the base of a steep hill.
I was trying to find a way out of the area and suddenly realized which way to go. There were a few people there with me - a couple of men and two or three teenagers. They seemed familiar then but now I do not know who they were. I rose up into the air in flight and slowly floated across the field. The others also got airborne and started to follow me.
After five to ten minutes of slow, yet steady, flight the location suddenly changed to a long hallway inside a building. Here we had to work to remove various objects including small pieces of furniture and boxes to clear a doorway into a large room. I had to explain to a maintenance worker that we needed to get to a stairway.
It took ten minutes to clear the entrance into the room and get to the stairway. Then out group went up ten or more floors. We accidentally went up past the right floor and had to go back down a flight of steps.Then we traversed a long room or corridor that was divided in the middle by a commercial machine of some type. Various objects lay on the floor of this room making movement difficult. We were forced to stop and move some of these items out of the way. Before I could any further the experience just ended.
Notes The time was between 3 AM and 4 AM. Duration was 35 to 50 minutes. OBE #110 was in a familiar location, which was most likely non-physical. It may have been a BST of this local physical area. There were both familiar and unfamiliar discarnate persons about. Deliberate (passive), Flight, Teleport, Pranayama (before), Affirmations (before), Meditation (before), Rope cargo net (before).

"Highs And Lows Of Flight"
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 (OBE # 111)
This began as a dream. I traveled by car to an unfamiliar medical office building. Not much happened as apparently I was supposed to report to work there yet did not feel like working so soon left. A short time later I was in a large shopping mall. It was at night. Before leaving the parking lot by car I realized that it was a dream. (For the past several months I have been focused on transitioning lucid dreams into OBEs (and APs). This was an excellant opportunity to go out of body.)
OBE #111 Astral awareness was acheived easily. This was now an AP/OBE. Immediately I took to the air. Flying was quite easy and a great deal of fun. Soon I was performing aerobatic maneuvers above the parking lot. I could skillfully execute loops, barrel rolls, figure eights and other intricate aerobatic turns. A small crowd gathered below to watch.
My flying show lasted five to ten minutes. Then my concentration began to fade. Suddenly I was flying somewhere in the Squirrel Hill are (of Pittsburgh) over a street. It was now daytime so many vehicles and pedestrians were about. Elation had now turned to dark depression. It felt like I had little or no control over this situation. I was going downhill fast, both literally and figuratively. So I managed to slow down and landed, then wandered about an unfamiliar area. Eventually most vestiges of astral awareness were gone. So this experience transitioned back into a non-lucid dream.
Dream. Here I watched a sci-fi movie about a sci-fi video game turning into real life. Then I was introduced to a salesman who was going to train another man, a young woman and myself how to market and sell the video game to potential customers, The dream lasted about half an hour and ended during the training session.
Notes. The OBE took place either during early morning or late morning hours. I was in a (vaguely) familiar location and could see (but did not interact with) unfamiliar people (either physical or discarnate or both). Deliberate (passive), Flight, Teleport, Dream into OBE into Dream, Emotional, Affirmations (before), Pranayama (before), Meditation (before).

Thanx for reading. Fell free to post comments or questions.
Grey

greytraveller
14th March 2012, 07:45 PM
Greetings all
Here are the last two OBEs from 2011. That gets it almost up to date allowing me to post the first 2012 projection here in a day or so.

"Mixed Signals"
Friday, November 4, 2011mn (OBE #112)
Not certain when separation occurred. I was flying high over Farragut St. It was a bright clear sunny day. Flying was effortless and fun, making wide lazy circles over trees and houses.
The only other person present was a 30-something woman in a nearby house. She might actually be a neighbor yet she seemed unfamiliar. Eventually I landed on her house and went inside. Immediately we engaged in passionate sex. This did not last long, however, only a few minutes.
Suddenly I went from a bedroom into a dimly lit basement. The woman was not there and though I did expect her to come in at any moment she was never seen again. Then an unfamiliar man appeared. He wanted to have sex. I am heterosexual so basically wanted nothing to do with him. So he started to become agitated and soon wanted to fight. Then several other men (possibly his friends?) appeared and separated us. They tried to restrain him and the OBE suddenly ended.
Notes. Time was approximately 12:00 to 12:30 PM. The OBE lasted about 10 to 20 minutes. I lay on my left side. This happened in a familiar location and there were several unfamiliar discarnate persons encountered. Deliberate (passive), Flight, Sex, Emotional, Pranayama (before), Meditation (before), Affirmations (before), Rope cargo net (shortly before).

"City And Country Flight"
Sunday, November 27, 2011 (OBE #113)
This began as a dream. Because I did not record this dream until a few hours after it happened many detail were forgotten. The dream began hypnagogic and gradually formed into a full (non-lucid) sleep dream. It (probably) had something to do with CK in this local area.
OBE #113. The OBE began as I was flying over Negley Ave. At first it was more like a glide, only a foot or so above the street going about 15 to 20 miles per hour. It was day time. The location was not an exact copy of the physical area as there were too few houses and it was much more open.
After realizing what was happening, = astral awareness, I focused on flying and was able to go up about five feet. After passing across Penn Ave. heading south I continued flying over Negley Ave. for another couple of blocks. There were many vehicles moving about and a few pedestrians could be seen as well. Unsure if the people were physical or discarnate (they were probably the latter).
Suddenly the location changed to a two lane road out in an unfamiliar rural area. Now I was able to truly fly, going up to a height of fifteen to twenty feet at a speed of 25 to 30 mph. It felt good to be able to fly yet it took full concentration to maintain height and speed.
The flight lasted five to ten minutes in this location before my focus began to fade. Unfortunately all my (waking) goals for an OBE (including travel to Astral Pulse Island and revisiting familiar astral locations) were forgotten and went unrealized. Instead I reintegrated back into the physical body and slipped into a (now unremembered) non-lucid dream.
Notes. Time, I used the Wake, Back-to-Bed (WBTB) method so all of this happened between 10:00 and 11:30 AM. Duration of the OBE was ten to twenty minutes. This included both a familiar and an unfamiliar location. There were many unfamiliar people seen though I did not interact with any of them. Deliberate (passive), Flight, Emotional, Dream into OBE into Dream, Teleport, Pranayama (before), Meditation (before), Affirmations (before).

Thanx for reading
Grey

greytraveller
10th April 2012, 11:07 PM
Greetings all
Gradually getting up to date on posting OBEs for this year. This one happened about 6 weeks ago. It is titled ---

"Unfamiliar Family"
Monday February 20, 2012 (OBE # 114)
This was an OBE where, unfortunately, much of what happened was lost to memory. The experience involved a large family from New York City. I had never met any of these people before.The father, mother and several grown daughters and son were very friendly and even quite passionate. I was especially attracted to one of the daughters.
Maybe this began as a dream?? Not sure and I can only remember two separate situations. First that particular daughter, her brother and one other person were leaving to return to New York city. She wanted me to move to NYC to live with them (or with her alone). I wasn't emotionally ready to do that so tried to explain that I would make the move in a few weeks or months.
In the second situation I saw her and other family members again outside a large high school. The location was unfamiliar and was probably somewhere in the NYC area. So here we were slowly floating up about 50 feet off the ground. Again I was emotionally confused and so avoided everybody. Memory was not good yet I do distinctly recall that the flight was particularly undreamlike.
Notes Time was about 9:30 to 10:30 AM. Duration was about 15 to 30 minutes, maybe longer. I lay on my left side. OBE #114 had no familiar locations or familiar people but did have unfamiliar (discarnate) persons. Deliberate (passive), Emotional, Flight, Teleport, Affirmations (before), Meditation (before), Pranayama (before).

Replies, comments and questions are welcomed.
Grey

Korpo
11th April 2012, 01:14 PM
Is there any possibility that this could be precognitive, like a future relationship or something?

greytraveller
12th April 2012, 06:46 PM
Greetings Korpo
Yes, absolutely it could be precognitive. Of course only time will tell. Precognitive events Do happen to me from time to time though usually they happen in dreams. One precognitive event that did recently occur in an OBE took place in "Magickal History Book" where I saw some type of war happening in Libya. This event was somewhat veiled as I saw WWII Italian troops in Libya and not modern rebels fighting the Libyan army but in retrospect what happened is pretty obvious.
So if anything relevant to this latest OBE Does happen IRL then I'll post it here.

Thanx
Grey

ohthatjoshie
3rd May 2012, 02:14 PM
Great thread you got going Grey! I've been enjoying reading some of the updates.
I'd be curious to know if you have a theory on who or what the disincarnate people are. Maybe like Korpo said precognitive conceptions, possibly other conscious beings, maybe some other sort of subconscious creation, maybe it just depends, I'm not sure. Really interesting question, though, I think for sure. (Sorry if you already mentioned it and I just haven't read far back enough yet)

greytraveller
4th May 2012, 06:14 PM
Hallo ohthatjoshie
In my experience the discarnate people encountered during an OBE can be any of these three types --
1) Permanently deceased (dead) people who reside in the nonphysical locations a person travels to while out of body.
2) Living physical people who are also having an OBE or else are dreaming.
3) Some beings Are the product of a person's own mind. These are basically thought elementals who are similar to dream characters a person creates during a normal or lucid sleep dream.

Hope this helps
Grey

greytraveller
18th May 2012, 09:40 PM
Greetings everyone
After another lapse in updating I will relate a recent OBE. This one occurred in early March. Read through to find out which well known person I saw while out of body.
This OBE is titled ----

"Arena"
Monday March 5, 2012 (OBE # 115)
The first recollection was being inside a large arena. There was a vague memory of getting there by walking several miles on rural roads. It was an unfamiliar area and the best guess is that this location is a nonphysical belief system territory.
The arena was nearly filled to capacity. With only a few empty seats well over 10,000 people were there, probably between 12,000 to 15,000 people. A basketball (?) game was being played there. I was not interested in this game and spent the time looking at the various people who were there.
Consciousness was not clear so memory is sketchy. Robert Bruce was seated a row in front of me a few seats to the left. For some reason I did not introduce myself? Soon the game was over so the crowd began to leave. I waited until most spectators had left and then followed a large group of people along several corridors into a food court. Although I was hungry this place was so dark and dinghy that I passed up on getting something to eat.
Then I realized that my light coat was still back at my seat and so attempted to retrace the path back to there. Yet after a short time I got lost and somehow ended up outside. Then I walked halfway around the building looking for another entrance but could not get back inside. Suddenly I was wearing a sport coat that had a set of keys in the pocket (keys to a house?). Now, apparently satisfied regarding the coat, I decided to set out for 'home'.
The arena was on a major four lane road. After walking for only a few minutes I realized that it was possible to fly. Getting airborne was easy. Flying was easy as well. There was one difficulty - I could only fly either very slow (= walking speed) or fast (about 25 mph). Flying fast required picking out an object about 100 yards ahead and then flying straight at that object.
This method of flight worked well for 5 to 10 minutes. Unfortunately staring straight ahead meant losing focus everywhere else so I accidentally passed an intersection and missed a left turn to another road. It was difficult to slow down, turn around and go back 200 yards to the intersection. Also a motorcyclist rode by beneath me causing a severe loss in concentration. To compensate I took a short cut by angling half-right over yards and houses. This worked well and soon I was flying over that other road about 100 yards from the intersection.
That annoying motorcylcist was there again disrupting my concentration. The distraction was so bad that I actually flew backwards for over 50 yards. Finally overcoming this obstacle I got back up to speed again by concentrating on an object (telephone pole or tree usually) 100 yards or so ahead and flying straight at it. I was covering 100 yards in only 8 to 10 seconds so was flying at a speed of 20 to 25 mph. This flight lasted between 5 and 10 minutes than I just reintegrated and woke up.
Notes. Time was between 7:30 and 8:30 AM. Duration was at least 15 minutes, maybe as long as 1 hour. I lay on my right side. Consciousness varied considerably, it was weak at the start. There was more to this OBE before being inside the arena of which I cannot remember. Focus gradually improved until it was very clear during flight. A failure was in not remembering any goals including visiting Astral Pulse Island or any other nonphysical locations from past OBEs. OBE #115 location was a nonphysical BST. There were many nonphysical (discarnate) people there. Only one person, Robert Bruce, was 'familiar' (in that I know about him yet have never met him). Deliberate (passive), Emotional, Flight, Game, Teleport, Affirmations (before), Meditation (before), Pranayama (before), Rope cargo net (before).

So I am going to post in the "Ask Robert Bruce Forum" just on the outside chance that he had either a physical or nonphysical experience in an arena about the time of this OBE.
Grey

Robert Bruce
29th May 2012, 01:22 PM
Nice....keep up the good work.

robert

greytraveller
30th May 2012, 06:53 PM
Greetings Robert
Encouraging words are always appreciated, thanx.
I have two more recent OBEs to post here and that will happen in a couple of days.

Regards
Grey

greytraveller
4th January 2013, 03:50 AM
Greeting everyone.
Though I have been sadly negligent in updating this journal here are several OBEs from the past year 2012.

"Primary Motivating Principle"
Sunday, April 7, 2012 (OBE #116)
This occurred in 2 different nonphysical locations. Both were American cities and of those cities, Pittsburgh, was familar. It started in the other unfamiliar city. I was in a business where a women wanted to talk to me. And then she disappeared and was nowhere to be found. There was a lot more to this situation, some of it has been forgotten and all of it was chaotic and confusing. Nothing made any sense so I was confused and upset.
Eventually I realized that none of this was really important. Though the woman did eventually return she did not want to see me. So with no real reason to be there I decided to leave.
Immediately I returned to the familiar Pittsburgh location (BST). Here I had to explain to a group of familiar discarnate men what was currently happening. These men were rough and tumble types so it took a concerted effort to make clear what was going on. And what had happened was this - apparently I was involved in some activity with these men (I don't remember what it was because it was very vague and dreamlike). Then I suddenly disappered and they became upset thinking that I had deliberately left. Actually I had travelled to that other unfamiliar city. This was not deliberate as it just spontaneously happened!! (That random travel, teleporting and popping up into unfamiliar nonphysical areas happens quite a lot in my OBEs.)
Anyways it took some effort to explain all of this to their satisfaction. The rest of the OBE was uneventful and lasted for at least another 15 ot 20 minutes. The men soon left and I went into a nearby building where I talked to another man, heard an Iron Maiden song (astral not RL song) and eventually figured out a big secret of the inner workings in nonphysical locations.
Each nonphysical location has a main driving principle. To fit in and exist comfortably in a nonphysical location a person needs to know what the particular main driving principle is. As an example on material earth - In the western world the main driving principle is business and economics. The good aspects are material advances that lead to improvements in the quality of life. Negative aspects are greed leading to corruption and crime.
So the primary driving principle in the unfamilar nonphysical location is unknown to me. Frankly I did not care to know what is was and so left that place. In the Pittsburgh BST the driving principle is 'amassing things'. Those 'things' are not necessarily money and wealth.. The 'things' could be almost anything, usually items of value but possibly objects / energy of a recreational or leisurely nature. Now I don't understand why this is important, it apparently just IS. In any event understanding this principle is an important intellectual breakthrough.
Notes The time of this OBE was between 8:30 and 10:00 AM. It lasted at least half an hour and maybe as long as 75 minutes. I lay on my right side. OBE #116 was in both a familar and unfamiliar nonphysical location. There were both familiar and unfamiliar discarnate people there. Deliberate (passive), Emotional, Confusion, Flight, Teleport, Affirmations (before), Pranayama (before), and Rope Cargo net (before).

"Office Interruption"
Monday May 14, 2012 (OBE # 117)
This began with a dream. In the dream I returned to a small wooden building. When nearing this building I decided to fly up and over a gate and inside through a wall.
Here is where the short OBE began. When inside it was obvious that the building had been transformed from a small one or two room hut into a spacious modern office complex. There were 30 to 40 people working inside. Most of these people seemed to be watching me floating by them. I had the distinct feeling that they either resented my flying abilities or else were annoyed at this 'interruption'.
So I made a deliberate point of calmly and slowly floating over to a table and descended into a chair. After that there really was not much more to the OBE as it transitioned back into a dream a few minutes later.
In the dream I had another argument with my father, made copies in the office and impressed several employees with a story about working with European businesses.
Notes Time was about 8:00 to 10:00 AM. Duration of the OBE was only 3 to 5 minutes. Lay on my right side and used the WBTB method. OBE # 117 was in a familiar locaton (an ethereal BST of this local physical area). There were many familiar and unfamiliar people who were most probably only thought elementals/dream characters. Some of them may have been actual discarnate persons. Deliberate, Dream >>> into OBE >>> into Dream, Emotional, Floated, Flight, Pranayama (before), Hemisyncc CD (before), Rope cargo net (before), Affirmations (before).

"Teleporting Out Of Danger"
Thursday June 14, 2012 (OBE # 118)
This was one of those special events I am fortunate to experience once in a while. The OBE made perfect sense while it was happening but may now be hard to understand because nonphysical events sometimes do not translate into written words very well.
There were three separate stages to this experience. The first stage took place sometime in the past (a historical BST) yet I am unsure when this time was. The best guess is the early 1900s or thereabouts. I was helping an attractive young woman escape danger as people were looking for here. Who these people were and why they were looking for her is unclear. Anyways we managed to teleport into the future to modern day France.
In the second stage we were in a large abandoned building, probably a school. Dozens of police (gendarmerie) converged on this building. So we barricaded the front door and ran up to the second floor. As police entered the building below we were joined by a male colleage. Feeling trapped, about to be caught and unable to find an escape we teleported to a top floor room. This gave us some more time.
As the police closed in we were joined by another male friend. After collecting as much gear as possible all four of us teleported out of that area. We did arrive someplace though I do not know where it was, maybe a modern day location or a BST of the near future (??)
This is only a bare bones outline and omits a lot of details. This experience was actually very hard to describe and was much better than it might appear to the reader.
Notes Used the WBTB method so the time was 7:30 - 9:00 AM. Duration was at least 30 minutes and probably longer. I lay on my right side. OBE # 118 took place in what are pr0obably BSTs although the past may have been an alternate timeline. Modern day France may have been an actual physical location. I did meet 2 or 3 (nonphysical) familiar people although I have no idea who they are in "real life". Deliberate (passive), Emotional, Teleport, Pranayama (before), Affirmations (before), Rope cargo net (before), Hemisync CD (before).

"River Flight"
Monday, August 13, 2012 (OBE # 119)
This began in a small town along the Mononghehela River (Duquesne? Dravosburg?). People were going to a large social gathering nearby, maybe a county or local fair. Without a car I had to walk there on a rural road. Then I was able to fly so took off into the air and flew out over the river.
After a few minutes above the river I flew back over the road and showcased my flying skills. This was a mistake as some people became angry or envious. Everytime I flew lower than 10 feet somebody tried to grab me. So I flew back over the river and headed upriver to the south. (Yes south as the Mononghehela is one of the few rivers in the world that flows north.)
The remainder of this OBE involved a sexual encounter with a young woman. Sorry, I won't go into details other than to ad that we went out to a secluded area in the woods. This sensual episode was quite enjoyable but did not last long.
Notes Time was between 10:00 AM and noon. Duration was 15 to 30 minutes. OBE # 119 took place in a vaguely familiar physical location. There were no familiar people though there were many unfamiliar discarnate people. Deliberate (passive), Flight, Emotional, Sex, Pranayama (before), Affirmations (before), Meditation (CEV) (before).

greytraveller
4th January 2013, 03:54 AM
And let's finish the update by adding the last three OBEs for 2012.

"Magick Library"
Tuesday August 14, 2012 (OBE # 120)
It began as a dream of playing a video game. Actually I was not playing the game I was virtually inside the game (think "Tron"). This lasted about 15 minutes.
The OBE started inside a high school highway. A group of students were lined up next to a row of lockers. One by one each student opened up a locker and walked into and through that locker into a huge magickal library. I was about the last person to get into the library.
Everyone searched the shelves for magickal books, talked about magick and discussed the differences in magickal systems. I recall someone saying that their system of magick was easier than others as it had fewer spells to memorize (only a few dozen spells).
After about 20 minutes I lost astral awareness as the experience shifted back into a dream. Here I was in a swords and sorcery alternate universe.fighting enemy warriors on horseback.
Notes. Time was between 9:00 and 11:00 AM. The total experience lasted roughly one hour although the OBE lasted 20 minutes. OBE # 120 had no familiar locations or persons yet did have many unfamiliar discarnate persons.. Deliberate (passive), Dream >>>into OBE >>>into Dream, Magick, Teleport, Floated, Affirmations (before), Pranayama (before), Meditation (before).

"Futuristic City"
Monday August 27, 2012 (OBE # 121)
While in a hypnagogic state I made a deliberate effort to separate my consciousness from my physical body. This was not easy yet after several minutes I used the 'roll out' method and managed to get out of body. Unfortunately at first I was completely blind so used the affirmations, "Vision now!" and "Sight now!" to try to see. It took 2 or 3 minutes before vision began to slowly appear.
Then I went to the bedroom window and tried to go outside. This was not easy but eventually I did phase/materialize through the glass and was outside the house. I was not on the familiar street however. The location was a downtown area in a futuristic city. Large and small oddly shaped buildings could be seen. Their strange shapes and incongruous architecture signified that this was Not a physical city.
Here I would like to report having a wild and dramatic out of body adventure but, unfortunately, that did not happen. I did levitate up about 20 feet getting to second floor height and then slowly flew out over a street. Suddenly I was in a wilderness area near a range of mountains. And here the OBE abruptly ended. When back in the hypnagogic state in bed I tried to go out of body again but this time failed and gave up on the attempt after about 5 minutes.
Notes. The time was between 8:30 and 10:00 AM. Duration was 10 to 15 minutes. I lay on my right side. OBE # 121 began in a familiar location yet no familiar persons were seen. There were many unfamiliar discarnate people. Deliberate (active rollout), Affirmations, Flight, Teleport, Pranayama (before), Meditation (before), Ethereal futuristic BST.

"Park Flight"
Thursday, November 29, 2012 (OBE # 122)
This transitioned into an OBE from a dream. I was first astrally aware when flying above a nearby park. This park is at the top of a hill on a road that goes around a large reservoir. I was flying over a street between several trees. Three or four times I floated down to land on grass and then was able to lift off again and flew up about 30 or 40 feet.
About 15 minutes later a man, who was walking on a sidewalk below, started to chase me. Although I was able to fly and easily elude him I began to experience vision problems. And then I was suddenly in an unfamiliar location. The OBE ended only a minute or two later.
Notes. The OBE occurred in the morning before 10:00 AM. Duration was 10 to 15 minutes. OBE # 122 was in a familiar physical location although no familiar person were encountered. There was at least one unfamiliar discarnate person. Deliberate (passive), Flight, Emotion, Teleport, Pranayama (before), Affirmations (before).

Thanx for reading.
Comments and questions are welcome.
Grey

IA56
4th January 2013, 10:14 AM
When I read your experienses I get help to understand my experiences..that these experiences are helping to understand the ground for manifestation....thank you!!

greytraveller
5th January 2013, 06:23 PM
Hello IA56
Thanx for your reply.
Yes, reading other peoples' OBEs has also helped me understand my own experiences as well. It is for this reason that I encourage all members, and especially new members, to post their OBEs and lucid dreams on these forums.

Regards
Grey

greytraveller
20th April 2013, 10:46 PM
Greetings all.
After a very long hiatus I am going to resume updating this journal with my latest OBEs.
This post and the next post will contain my 4 OBEs for this year.

"Country Flight"
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 (OBE # 123)
Dream. Rode in a chartered bus that stopped in the center of an unfamiliar town. I got out of the bus and walked 6 to 8 blocks out of town. I then walked along a road through a rural residential area for about a mile then walked along a smaller road and stopped at a house.
Here I met an asian man (Chinese proably). For the next several hours I travelled with this man throughout the local area. Eventually we stopped at another house and met another asian man (Thai or Philippino most likely). I soon left that house alone.
OBE #123. Here the experience transitioned into an OBE. I took to flight and flew over a series of roads for several miles. This area did not look much like physical earth so it was probably was an (ethereal) BST. The most prominent features here were small hedges and either wood or metal barriers that lay between the side roads and the main country road.
Suddenly I was back in town near the chartered bus. Again I headed out of town by flying over streets. Yet people tried to stop me either by jumping up to grab me or by flying up and at me. Eventually, after getting only 4 or 5 blocks, I lost astral awareness and the OBE ended.
Notes. The OBE occurred between 5:00 and 7:00 AM. The dream lasted about 30 minutes, the OBE lasted 15 to 20 minutes. There were no familiar locations in either the OBE or the dream. Probably all the people in the OBE were (unfamiliar) nonphysical (= discarnate). OBE #123 was deliberate (passive), Dream > into > OBE, Flight, Teleportation, Emotional, Pranayama (before), Rope cargo net (before), Affirmations (before).

"Expanded Hallway Float"
Saturday, February 23, 2013 (OBE # 124)
This began inside a large building, part of which was used as a radio station. Several (discarnate) people were there. After briefly talking to one or two people I walked down a large hallway. Realizing that I was out of body (not in a dream) I became quite excited so decided to float up off the floor.
Levitation was easy and effortless, it felt very good. Soon the hallway expanded in size upwards and outwards. Perhaps I had teleported to a different location (?) Probably not, rather I could somehow either see through the walls and ceiling or was able to acutely sense that this astral location was non-physical.
After floating for a few minutes I landed, talked with 2 men in an office room, then went back into the hallway and levitated again. This second floating session lasted up to ten minutes. And again I could see through walls, ceilings and floors. This time I also passed through walls into larger rooms. Vision resembled an x-ray view of the inside of the building as objects could be seen yet they were vague and opaque. Eventually the OBE simply ended.
Notes. I used the WBTB method so the OBE took place between 9:30 and 11:00 AM. The duration was about 15 to 30 minutes. OBE #124 was not in a familiar location and there were a few unfamiliar discarnate people there. Deliberate (passive), Floated, Emotional, Acute sense of sight, Rope cargo net (before), Affirmations (before), Pranayama (before).

Thanx for reading. Comments and/or questions appreciated.
Grey

greytraveller
20th April 2013, 10:52 PM
The other two most recent OBEs, the second of which happened just last night!

"Elevated Railway"
Tuesday, March 5, 2013 (OBE # 125)
This began as a lucid dream. At some point during a normal routine dream I was aware of dreaming and so became lucid. Then I transformed this experience into an OBE. I was inside an office building and looked out through a plate glass window to see
Canal Street and so recognized the location as the city of New Orleans.
OBE #125. Then I walked through/phased through the window and was outside on a sidewalk. After walking north about a block I then flew up off the sidewalk. This area must have been a BST because a large elevated railway ran down the center of Canal Street. Although such elevated railways are common in New York city and Chicago there are none in New Orleans.
While trying to fly around or over this elevated railway I kep encountering obstacles and nearly collided with part of the structure. Eventually I did fly over the railway yet more floating obstacles, mostly large pieces of metal, kept appearing. I needed to evade these obstacles in midflight, narrowly avoiding many and just managing to push one solid metal block away before being hit by it. Had this happened in the physical it would have been quite painful. Yet in the nonphysical there was hardly any tactile feeling.
Eventually the floating obstacles ceased appearing so I continued flying for another few minutes until losing focus and reintegrating back in bed. Here I tried another, deliberate and active, separation but was unsuccessful.
Notes. This OBE happened between 6:00 and 7:30 AM and lasted for 10 to 20 minutes. Probably lay on my left side. The location was most probably a BST of New Orleans. There were a few discarnate people there though I did not interact with anyone. Deliberate (passive), Flight, Emotional, Pranayama (before), Affirmations (before), Rope cargo net (before).

"Indoor And Outdoor Flight"
Saturday April 20, 2013 (OBE # 126)
Went into a large store in this local area to buy clothes and was very disappointed to find that this store had no merchandise. Yet there were long lines of people there placing orders. So far the experience was dream-like. Then I realized that flight was possible. Astral awareness signalled a proper beginning to the OBE.
I floated up off the floor and hovered more than 20 feet up near the large vaulted ceiling. After flying around inside for several minutes I got outside through an open door. While continuing over city streets I flew past a branch of the Pittsburgh public library (this might have been a BST of the Squirel Hill neighborhood).
Practiced my flying skills on this occasion and they were actually quite good. I could fly faster than vehicles on the streets below and could turn corners around buildings and trees without losing much speed.
Then I approached a small park with large trees and a flock of big black birds feeding on the grass. Though I got past the trees a steep hill beyond hindered further flying. After going only a few hundred feet over a street up this hill the OBE ended as I reintegrated back into the physical body.
Notes. This OBE took place between 5:30 and 6:30 AM and lasted about 15 to 20 minutes. There were familiar locations and many unfamiliar (discarnate?) people about. OBE #126 was deliberate (passive), Flight, Emotional, Teleportation, Pranayama (before), Affirmations (before), Rope cargo net (before).

This second OBE was actually much better than the limited written words can describe.
Hoped you enjoyed reading.
Grey

greytraveller
30th August 2015, 09:34 PM
Greetings all
This journal is Woefully out of date. To correct that I will be posting some of my (older) OBEs here during the next few days. Here are the first 2 ---

Out Of Body Experience # 127
"Short Night Flight"
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
This began when I became astrally aware after leaving a house on Negley Ave. (where there was some type of social occasion). It was late at night and I was concerned for my safety so started to jog the 2 blocks to Stanton Ave.
Then I decided to fly and effortlessly took to the air. While flying low I went over the alley behind the Youth Center buidling and swooped across Stanton Avenue. Continuing flying, I went 2 or 3 blocks over Negley Ave. before zooming up and over the roof of a house.
I made it another block or so before the OBE abruptly ended. Although relatively short this was also very enjoyable as flying was easy and fun.
Notes It was dark outside so this OBE happened some time between 4:30 and 5:30 AM and lasted 5 to 10 minutes. I lay on my right side. OBE # 127 took place in this local physical area. There were a few unfamiliar discarnate people to be seen although I did not interact with any of them. Deliberate (passive), Flight, Emotional, Teleportation, Pranayama (before), Affirmations (before), Rope cargo net (before).

Out Of Body Experience # 128
"Glass Window"
Thursday, June 20, 2013
I do not remember much about this. What I can recall is separating after a long and difficult effort. Then I tried to get outside by going through a screeen window in the bedroom. This should not have been difficult as flimsy screen windows are usually easy to pass/phase through. Instead I encountered a hard glass window and this proved most dificult to get through.
Although I nearly managed to phase through the glass the resistance proved to be too much. After repeated attempts I lost too much energy and reintegrated back into the physical body.
Notes Initially I could not understand what happened. Later, after waking, I remembered that I had actually shut the bedroom window because it had been an unusually chilly night. While OOB I had completely forgotten about this and so was quite surprised at being unable to get outside through that window. OBE # 128 was in a familiar RTZ location. No people or beings were encountered. It happened between 4:30 to 5:30 AM and lasted for only a few minutes. Deliberate (active), Pranayama (before), Affirmations (before).

Hoped you enjoyed reading them. Comments and questions are welcomed.
Regards
Grey

Sinera
31st August 2015, 06:11 PM
Hi Grey, I'm sooo happy :) that s.o. does an OBE journal (still/again). Thought I was the only one left doing this here.:(
On topic of windows: I remember that glass windows can be a pretty tricky thing, sometimes they are unexpectedly 'sticky' and you draw them out with you, just like they were elastic plastic or something, but then they somehow 'plop' back into place, it's funny actually. Have you had this happening too?

greytraveller
1st September 2015, 08:06 PM
Hello Sinera
Yes! In fact I have experienced both the glass in an ethereal window stretch back and forth And also my ethereal skin stretch out while going through a window. A very unusual feeling in both cases. Yet even so a window is usually a Much easier object to phase/materialize through than either a door or a wall. One time I actually could discern the inner layer (plaster) and outer layer (wood) of a wall that I was trying to go through. I nearly got stuck that time. So I always prefer windows when trying to go outside or get inside a building.

Regards
Grey

greytraveller
1st September 2015, 08:09 PM
Greetings again
Here are two more OBEs from 2013. I Am catching up here but SSsloooowly.

Out Of Body Experience # 129
"Flying With Rose"
Friday, November 8, 2013
This began already OOB on an unfamiliar street corner. It was an unfamiliar location. Astrally aware, I levitated up off the sidewalk several feet. Then I saw "Rose" ( a familar person from a past job) nearby. She wanted me to show her how to fly.
So I helped her float up and then told her to slowly float over to the other side of the street. The noise and commotion of so many vehicles stopped at the traffic light and the presence of pedestrians watching must have unnerved her. She lost control and nearly crashed into a building. So I flew over to help her and then we flew out of that area.
Suddenly we found ourselves in the Stanton Hill neighborhood of Pittsburgh. It was now night whereas it had been daylight before. Flying devolved into going into and out of several buildings. We did not get very far as the OBE ended 15 minutes later.
Notes There was one familiar discarnate person and a familar location in OBE # 129. This happened about 4:30 to 5:30 AM and lasted 20 to 30 minutes. I lay on my left side. Deliberate (passive), Flight, Emotional, Teleport, Pranayama (before), Affirmations (before), Rope cargo net (before).

Out Of Body Experience # 130
"Laborious Climb"
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
The experience began with a dream.
Dream. I found a large cache of very valuable jewelry that had just been stolen. I walked through a mall area trying to decide whether or not to return the stolen goods to the jewelers. For some unaccountable reason I could only move either by gliding effortlessly or laboriously crawling very slowly (?!)
OBE # 130. The OBE began in an unfamiliar rich suburban neighborhood. For some reason I stated climbing up a tall (@ 10 story) upscale condominium. The climb was slow and dangerous yet I realized it was possible to float down to the ground in case of a fall.
The climb took 10 to 15 minutes. Why didn't I fly? Maybe this was not possible. In any event the OBE simply ended when I got to the roof and looked for a way to climb down the other side.
Notes. Time was between 4:30 and 6:00 AM. Duration was about 15 minutes. I lay on my left side. Deliberate (passive), Dream >>>(into) OBE, Emotional, Pranayama (before), Affirmations (before), Rope cargo net (Before).

Regards
Grey

greytraveller
12th September 2015, 08:17 PM
Greetings again all
Another three OBEs posted here, this time from early 2014.

Out Of Body Experience # 131
"Flight Over Winding Road"
Saturday February 1, 2014
It began with a dream about driving a car up a steep street (probably in Penn Hills).
The OBE began after I parked the car and began walking down the street. Soon I took to flight. Most of the OBE was flying down this narrow winding street. At the bottom of this street I barely flew up and over an embankment near a house.
Notes. Unfortunately my original notes were lost (probably accidentally tossed out) so I have only the bare outline of this OBE. No familiar locations or people. I vaguely remember unfamiliar (probably discarnate) people walking about. Teleport, Flight.

Out Of Body Experiences # 132 and # 133
"Short Flight Over Street"
Wednesday April 23, 2014
I was laying on my left side in bed facing a wall. I felt vibrations grow stronger and was able to deliberately increase those vibrations for several minutes until I literally vibrated out of (the physical) body. I rolled over in bed and tried to pick up Allyssa as I got onto the floor but tripped, lost balance and fell to the floor and that abruptly ended the first OBE of the night (# 132).
Immediately I was back in bed and again vibrated my way out of body. This time (without Allyssa) I went straight to the nearest window. Oddly enough this was in my old apartment on Highview St (1/2 mile away) not in the house where I currently live.
So I opened the window andf stepped outside. It was day not night (?) and vision was exceptional. Everything was very clear and vivid. For some reason I thought this might be a sleepwalking episode not an actual OBE so I waited and levitated off the window ledge before flying out over the street. I flew 2 or 3 blocks towards Negley Ave. A group of 3 or 4 people followed on the street below. Then the area suddenly chhanged. I had probably teleported to an unfamiliar area. Maybe astral awareness had transformed into a lucid dream (?) Anyway the OBE lasted for another few minutes before simply ending.
Notes. Lay on my left side. This happened between 4 AM and 6 AM and lasted 20 to 40 minutes. Both OBEs involved familiar locations. The second OBE included unfamilar (discarnate) people. Deliberate (passive), Vibrations, Floated, Flight, Teleportation, Acute vision, Pranayama (before), Affirmations (before), Alcohol (before).

Thanx for reading. Comments and/or questions are welcomed.
Regards
Grey