PDA

View Full Version : How can I awaken my Kundalini?

13th February 2006, 01:39 AM
It sounds like an open ended question.

What I mean is, what type of yogas should i attend, books shouls i read, websites i should read, videos i should watch, audios i could listen to, e-books that i could read.

What are some things I could do to awaken my Kundalini?

gorillabait
13th February 2006, 04:06 AM
Meditate. Fast. Isolate yourself from friends and family as much as is possible. Do continual energy work and mind control exercises.

More realistically it's the sort of thing that needs to be worked up to. Practice fasting, and increase the amount of meditation you do. You need to be very good at controlling your thoughts, raising energy, entering trances.

Tom
13th February 2006, 04:09 AM
Kundalini is a means to an end. Just say what's on your mind and someone might tell you another way to get there.

13th February 2006, 04:18 AM
Kundalini is a means to an end. Just say what's on your mind and someone might tell you another way to get there.

Id rather awaken my Kundalini so that all of my problems are gone instead of dealing with them one by one. Plus there probably everlasting small problems.

Tom
13th February 2006, 05:28 PM
Even when you are enlightened you'll still have a constant supply of problems. You just change the way you relate to them. You can do that without Kundalini.

13th February 2006, 07:06 PM
Id rather do Kundalini though, unless you can tell me some other way to become totally enlightened.

Tom
13th February 2006, 09:21 PM
The easiest thing to do is to learn energy work in general with something like NEW and then receive Shaktipat. When you are ready you can have someone activate your Kundalini for you. The important thing is to prepare your physical body and your energy body for the shock. Meditation, to stabilize your thoughts and emotions is important.

13th February 2006, 10:37 PM
Say i went to a kundalini yoga class, would that be ok.
I could go at my own pace, and it wouldnt be a big shock.

Aunt Clair
14th April 2006, 06:42 PM
Say i went to a kundalini yoga class, would that be ok.
I could go at my own pace, and it wouldnt be a big shock.
EZ recipe for all development

Observe and reflect on all thoughts ,immediately dismissing any negative ones .Make all choices in love and light for greater good .Do everything in love and light .Serve the world .

Practice healing self and then others ,

Read a lot and always be willing to learn more
Learn to Quiet the mind
Learn to raise energy as with NEW energy methods
http://astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=18
Learn breath control
Learn to purge stale prana and negativity

Sit in daily meditation

Drink lots of water
Avoid smoke , avoid or reduce alchohol
Reduce meat intake for a while , later it helps to ground you again

Practice psionics and projection to develop energy body
Learn to recall projections in dreamstate
Learn to make conscious obe

Yoga is hugely helpful .Consider Kriya as well as Hatha Swimming ,walking, stretching, are excellent

Record your visions,and meditations and dreamstate lessons in a journal

Learn about protection:
http://au.msnusers.com/AuntClairsParlor ... ction.msnw (http://au.msnusers.com/AuntClairsParlorSpiritualReadingRoom/protection.msnw)
http://www.astralsociety.com/as/Forum/i ... 343.0.html (http://www.astralsociety.com/as/Forum/index.php/topic,15343.0.html)

14th April 2006, 07:25 PM
Aunt Claire you have just opened my eyes to something of a personal matter.

Thank you!

draco
6th June 2006, 10:16 PM
Id rather do Kundalini though, unless you can tell me some other way to become totally enlightened.

well i dont know much about kundalini but i was skimming and this caught my eye. a good mentor once told me that one does not 'become totally enlightened', one only becomes 'more enlightened'. this means that even buddha and jesus themselves, however enlightened they may be, they could still become more enlightened.

this is the only help i can give you, hope it helps!

kalki
15th June 2006, 12:48 PM
Read books like 'LETTERS ON YOGA' by Sri Aurobindo.He covers every subject. l believe Gopi Krishna consulted him when he was having problems and the letter from Sri Aurobindo went into detail on what to do.

Ascendant
17th June 2006, 12:33 AM
Tom, could you describe Shaktipat in a little more detail for us, please? I am curious.

Kalonek
17th June 2006, 07:39 AM
Hi,

I'll tell you how I awoke mine. I did exactly nothing. That's right. Nothing "technical" I mean. No posture, no will of awaking it, no "real" meditation. I just did some NEW for 2 1/2 years and tried to do my best to become a better, more spiritual person. I tried to work on my issues, AND deal with my problems. And it happened on its own when I was ready I guess. I think it's the best way to awake it in first place, not trying to do so but just to live with a will of evolution every day.

sash
17th June 2006, 09:13 AM
I activated it with will alone, but have also experienced like Kalonek a natural activation as a result of aiming to resolve local attachments and misguided perceptions.

Though in my experience Kundalini is a catalyst for this process anyway.

If you active Kundalini and aren't prepared to "go with it" -- in the sense that you are not prepared to do the "work" that comes from the activation then there is really no point trying to activate it in the first place.
It's not like a process where you just sit back and let it happen until you become enlightened, it is parallel to what must be done in order whether Kundalini activated or not.