PDA

View Full Version : Migraine & OBEs

sono
11th January 2010, 10:28 AM
I wonder whether anyone has any thoughts on this article? Are there any other sufferers here who also OBE?

http://headacheandmigrainenews.com/migr ... periences/ (http://headacheandmigrainenews.com/migraine-and-out-of-body-experiences/)

I have recently been diagnosed with a nasty form, namely hemiplegic migraine, which includes such "fun" symptoms as paralysis on one side of the body, throwing up, bouts of unconsciousness & some really cool visual effects (apart from the pain in the head!)

(Since taking the prescribed meds I have not been able to OBE, much to my disappointment, & feel really dull.)

BTW :Happy New Year to all!

Beekeeper
11th January 2010, 10:46 AM
Well, I've had migraines and if I could have had an OBE as a result of a migraine I might not have minded them so much but, alas, all I experienced was pain, nausea, visual disturbances and a great need for sleep - dreamless sleep. :|

CFTraveler
11th January 2010, 02:44 PM
I've been OBEing all my life and had my first migraine at 32, with aura (that is, visual effects.) Don't know if there is any correlation, since I didn't get them 'til fairly 'older'.

niki123
11th January 2010, 10:58 PM
I had migranes as a teen and then they stopped and I started getting them in my late 30's.I've always had obe's for as long as I remember. :D

I've been OBEing all my life and had my first migraine at 32, with aura (that is, visual effects.) Don't know if there is any correlation, since I didn't get them 'til fairly 'older'.

Beekeeper
12th January 2010, 04:12 AM
Yes, my first migraine was in my second pregnancy, at 31/32 years of age. I also had a couple of OBEs as a kid. So, I have some pattern in common with CF.

Timotheus
12th January 2010, 05:43 PM
:D

Beekeeper
12th January 2010, 10:12 PM
doctors got a name/diagnosis for everything i reckon with a pill ready made for it.

Well, not knowing what a migraine meant for me when I had my first one and being pregnant, I rang my doctor from my sick bed. He said I was having a "transitory stroke" :shock: but I'm sure it was my first ever migraine.

Timotheus
12th January 2010, 11:40 PM
:D

Beekeeper
13th January 2010, 06:14 AM
but, on the lighter side, i like to think that these worm holes in my me-verse are what connect me to the uni-verse.

Could be. :D