PDA

View Full Version : Kundalini question

Stellar
18th June 2005, 05:33 AM
I'm wondering what the side effects, if any, of activating kundalini once and through the first 3 chakra's only might be. I would post this in the kundalini section but it's locked so sorry if this is in the wrong spot. Thanks for any info.

Tom
18th June 2005, 04:33 PM
It sounds like you are looking for a gradual Kundalini experience rather than the more dramatic traditional experience. The microcosmic orbit meditation from chi kung might be more what you are looking for. It cleans the chakras, refines your energy, and balances places with excess energy by pushing the energy into places without enough energy.

viper555
18th June 2005, 05:15 PM
I'm not 100% on this but I don't think you can raise kundalini to where you want it. I'm pretty sure that once it begins to rise it goes at it's on pace and you shouldn't try to stop it(could be dangerous). Of course, I suppose you could slightly activate certain chakras without raising kundalini but it could still cause the kundalini to rise. Good luck with it though.

Christian
18th June 2005, 05:34 PM
Thje most important thing is that you shouldn't try to raise kundalini if you are emotionally or mentally unstable. And my experience with kundalini is that once it's awakened it is only controllable to a certain degree. The best way to work with it as far as my experience reaches is to work with the chakras and make it easier for kundalini to rise within them, through sushumna, the central energy pathway or nadi. I don't think it's possible to raise it to just the three lower ones because it will raise almost automaticlly to the crown. But remember to ground it back down when it has reached the crown because else you can get energetically drained and feel uncomfortable.

One if the side effects could be mental sickness. But if you prepare thoroughly and has strong energetic structures capable of dealing with the powerful kundalini and is mentally and emotionally stable then I don't think it will be any problem. And I don't think it's necessary to go to a kundalini yoga class or to contact a guru. I have done it all by myself, but then I'm also a person who wants to do things by myself and sometimes it means doingt things the hard way :)

I don't know much about the microcosmic orbit meditation from chi kung but isn't it meant to rotate the energy up and down back again through the chakras?

Here you have a good link with info about kundalini: http://swamij.com/kundalini-awakening.htm

Good luck, don't rush it and follow your inner knowledge.

Christian

violetsky
18th June 2005, 07:38 PM
Dear Stellar,

It is very common to only raise kundalini energy part way. This is because blockage is very common around the second and third chakras, especially the solar plexus area. Trust issues are the most common blockage at the solar plexus area. For some the blockage occurs a little higher up at the heart chakra where broken heart issues have occurred.

It is highly recommended for people to work on removing major blockages long before attempting to raise serious kundalini energy. What can happen if you raise a great deal of energy to the lower chakras? Well, the lower three chakras are the major energy centers for the body. Things like insomnia, overdrive sex drive, high energy without balance, even huge flares of suppressed energy may come out in anger. It is very important if symptoms are showing that you work very hard on grounding energy. Go for long walks or runs and try to get out in nature. Heavy work outs with martial arts can help as well under the guidance of a good instructor. Also eat heavier foods like lamb meat. Heavy grounding can help you regain body balance. Grounding stones even can help. You can also sometimes feel pain in the blocked area as the energy is stopped at the blockage point and seeks away around.

These are just some of the things that can happen. I am wondering what experiences you are having that cause you to ask about this topic? Hopefully, we can be of some help.

The link Christian recommended is my personal favourite for simple but clear explanation of kundalini and the one I have been recommending people to read if they are interested in this phenomena. I agree with Christian that mental imbalance is a serious potential problem with kundalini raising to the higher centers and of course some energy seeps through from over-charged lower centers despite blockages. If we have any emotional or mental issues and problems the energy from serious kundalini raising can greatly amplify them. Swamis, Buddhist monks etc spend years in self purification and working very hard on overcoming ego, aggression, achieving mental balance etc before raising kundalini.

Very Best Wishes and Deepest Regards,
violetsky

Stellar
18th June 2005, 08:30 PM
Yah about 6 months ago I was seeking kundalini so I put on some of the Osho tracks and meditated. I felt it raising and it was amazingly beautiful but i questioned myself. I asked what if i have not fully prepared for this. Since then I have not attempted to raise my kundalini and instead have been working on other areas. I notice tension in my neck sometimes but i have recently learned how to move energy through it and in doing so any tension in my neck/forehead immediately dissapear. The trust thing might be why i stopped it where I did as not too long before i did this a lot people betrayed the full trust i gave to anyone I knew. This caused me to question how I treated people and I went through a period of trusting no one because of the "pain" it caused me. I have since come to terms with this realizing that how people handle someones trust is their problem not mine and I have thought of how many people have gone against God's trust in giving us this life by abusing it rather than using it for construction. Any advice on where I should go from here would be helpful. I just want to balance everything out and raise my kundalini in a correct manner, if that's even still possible. Thanks for the replies :)

Christian
18th June 2005, 08:32 PM
I've been mentally imbalanced because of kundalini. (It was also other things involved). It took about two years of daily meditation to become stable again. So I did it the wrong way. I first got a kundalini awakening (unintentionally), then refined and stregthened the energy pathways and chakras. I way I wouldn't recommend.

One thing I can't stress enough is to be balanced mentally before attempting to raise kundalini. It's also important as violetsky mentioned to be sure that the chakras are clear of major blockages. Because if they're not then it can become really troublesome when kundalini rises. Minor blockages can always be fintuned later but the major ones should be removed first.

Regards, Christian

violetsky
19th June 2005, 01:26 AM
Dear Stellar,

Please do not worry about being able to do it correctly in the future. This I am sure is possible. Must admit to a bias of mine. I am an advocate of doing the inner work: 1) to understand our inner programming, to prevent living anymore in reaction, negativity or harsh judgement and move into compassionate understanding 2) developing the energy body and removing blockages from the tertiary, then secondary and then major chakras. Then when we are ready the kundalini will become active on its own accord. We will feel spikes and then major risings as our attitudes and energy body refine themselves. Am not one to push things beyond regular gentle daily exercises. That's just me though. Daily work builds though...cannot stress enough the value of positive daily practices.

Very Best Wishes,
violetsky

19th June 2005, 02:46 AM
i can't add much to what has already been said. i would however like to share this site on El Colloe. i love her perspective becuase she had no idea what was happening to her at the time...she believed herself to be suffering from major anxiety attacks and possession. and it's an absolutely wonderful thing to watch her explore and strain to keep an open mind.

i can easily say it's a must read.

http://www.elcollie.com/st/st.html

zippy99
20th June 2005, 12:10 PM
Hello guys..
I listened (in meditation) to Brainwave Generator preset called Deep Yoga Meditation and I found it powerfull.
I felt expanding my etheric body, a spiraling movement which extended to chakras and where my attention was moving. I felt a huge opening above the crown of my head and sensation of floating above huge nothingness.. I was in a trance-state in meditation. The movement was powerful and it came from inside.. I was about colapsing..
This preset has a carrier of 55 Hz which is supposed to be in relation to Kundalini energy dynamics.
I want to know about similar experiences anyone have had whith this preset in meditation.