PDA

View Full Version : My Attempts at AP

Will
14th February 2006, 12:26 AM
Hi! I'm new to this forum (and AP / OBEs) and last night I made my first meditation / trance / AP attempt. I tried activating my chakras after doing the breathing excercise and my body started feeling really heavy and my legs and head started to tingle very strongly. I then imagined pulling myself up by the rope and my body started to get very strong vibrations all over, and I could actually visualise my 'hands' and 'arms' in a strong white light.

When my body started vibrating I kept pulling and I could feel myself rising through a cloud I could almost see and feel and I started to get excited and scared, which meant my mind was no longer clear and I felt myself leaving that state. Was I close to my first OBE?

Scorpyn
14th February 2006, 12:34 AM
Actually you were probably partially out, keep it up :D

Will
14th February 2006, 03:16 PM
I've tried about 4 times since my first attempt and have got nowhere close :( I can manage to get into the kind of trance state where my body feels heavy and my body feels warm, but I can't get the all over body tingles I got nor the strong (or light) vibrations :( Why do you think this is? It's really frustrating! What do I need to do? I guess I should be happy that I had such a good initial result because it's given me then inspiration to keep trying :)

Thanks for replying to my original post: I haven't really got anyone to talk to about this at home, so I'm glad I can ask my questions here :D

CFTraveler
15th February 2006, 08:44 PM
I've tried about 4 times since my first attempt and have got nowhere close :( I can manage to get into the kind of trance state where my body feels heavy and my body feels warm, but I can't get the all over body tingles I got nor the strong (or light) vibrations :( Why do you think this is? It's really frustrating! What do I need to do? I guess I should be happy that I had such a good initial result because it's given me then inspiration to keep trying :)

Thanks for replying to my original post: I haven't really got anyone to talk to about this at home, so I'm glad I can ask my questions here :D First of all, you don't always get vibrations, although it's nice to get them because you know you're ready. If you know you're paralyzed and feel like you're swaying (like a dizzy feeling of 'floatiness') then is the time to try an exit technique. Hearing machine-like noises (like a chainsaw or a lawnmower) are other indicators of vibrations. Unfortunately exit sensations vary (sometimes there are none at all). And to top it off, sometimes you get different ones each time. The important thing is to keep up with your OBE practice and not give up, and not freak out when you do get strong sensations.

Will
15th February 2006, 11:28 PM
Thanks CT! Well, I tried again tonight and got MASSIVE vibrations to the extent that I felt like my whole body was shaking inside and I felt like I was coming out of my body but I had a really heavy feeling in my abdomen that seemed to stop me leaving even with the high amounts of vibration, what does that mean? That I have a problem with one of my chakras? When I'm vibrating is that the time to start using the rope technique? Because I couldn't seem to exit my body. I couldn't seem to "sit up" or "roll out of bed" or pull myself out :( Maybe I just need more practice so that I stay perfectly calm when I hit the vibration stage. I'll keep you updated with my progress :P

PS I bought Robert's MAP book today: I can't wait to start using it! :D

CFTraveler
16th February 2006, 12:06 AM
Thanks CT! Well, I tried again tonight and got MASSIVE vibrations to the extent that I felt like my whole body was shaking inside and I felt like I was coming out of my body but I had a really heavy feeling in my abdomen that seemed to stop me leaving even with the high amounts of vibration, what does that mean? That I have a problem with one of my chakras? When I'm vibrating is that the time to start using the rope technique? That's what I would do.
Maybe I just need more practice so that I stay perfectly calm when I hit the vibration stage. It's possible that you need more energy work- but sometimes exit techniques can be tricky.

PS I bought Robert's MAP book today: I can't wait to start using it!
It's a great tool. 8)

travelerwithin
16th February 2006, 03:43 PM
I cant even get to the vibrations stage thats why im ordering the book Mr. Bruce seems to lay it all out on his site I hope that it is alot better described in the book with more detail as some of this termonology is a bit new to me...I am a better student that reads material not hears it from videos

DROandWIDOW
25th May 2006, 09:33 PM
Oh Wow! i love this so much. Will, you almost described exactly how my expierience was. My first real try i got very far and my body was vibrating at unbeleivable speeds, i kept feeling as if my eyes were opening but my eyelids were still shut. I tried many techniques of getting out from that point but none seemed to work, eventually i became to exhausted and slowly became fully awake.

My second REAL try (earlier today) i dont think i got quite as far, but as i became more relaxed it felt like i was almost weightless. My body felt dizzy/floaty and i felt like i was kind of spinning. It was a very weird feeling that i hadnt felt in my past attempt and i was wondering if i was close at all. I didnt seem to be able to concentrate hard enough so i just gave up because i was to frustrated.

Sorry for the long post, but i just love to share my expiereinces with whoever will listen and i would really love to hear any suggestions or ideas that you have that could help me. I am so glad i finally found a place where other people have had the same expieriences as me. Thanks a bunch
DRO

ps: from my above descriptions, do you think i was at all close to making it out? i beleive i was but im not quite sure waht was holding me back

CFTraveler
25th May 2006, 09:43 PM
Oh Wow! i love this so much. Will, you almost described exactly how my expierience was. My first real try i got very far and my body was vibrating at unbeleivable speeds, i kept feeling as if my eyes were opening but my eyelids were still shut. I tried many techniques of getting out from that point but none seemed to work, eventually i became to exhausted and slowly became fully awake. What you described is also known as astral sight. You were perceiving with your energy body instead of your physical body. You were still 'in body' but your consciousness was out of phase with it.

My second REAL try (earlier today) i dont think i got quite as far, but as i became more relaxed it felt like i was almost weightless. My body felt dizzy/floaty and i felt like i was kind of spinning. It was a very weird feeling that i hadnt felt in my past attempt and i was wondering if i was close at all. I didnt seem to be able to concentrate hard enough so i just gave up because i was to frustrated. Actually, when you get the floaty feeling, you are already out of body, but still close enough that your body is pulling your energy body in. You actually went further than before. Next time you're in that stage, make sure your body is paralyzed (or else it's hard not to move and ruin it) and try an exit technique.

Sorry for the long post, but i just love to share my expiereinces with whoever will listen and i would really love to hear any suggestions or ideas that you have that could help me. I am so glad i finally found a place where other people have had the same expieriences as me. Thanks a bunch
DRO

ps: from my above descriptions, do you think i was at all close to making it out? i beleive i was but im not quite sure waht was holding me back I believe that if this was really only your second attempt, you are very talented. What you need to do is learn to recognize your exit symptoms (which can be general, but also particular to you, thus making it harder to figure out) and then try exit attempts. I gave you a link for AP tutorial in one of your other posts- Robert's style is very accessible, therefore very helpful.

DROandWIDOW
25th May 2006, 09:48 PM
thank you very much and yes, this was my second try at achieving AP(although it has always been an ambition of mine, and i had preiviously practiced lucid dreaming witha dream journal and whatnot), i will read that link you posted and hopefully that will help me. i am planning on trying again tonight because i will have a bunch of free time for a while and i think now is a good time to really start trying hard.