PDA

View Full Version : I've been sick since moving into this new apartment!

niki123
24th January 2010, 04:55 PM
I really don't know where to post this and if mods think that it doesn't belong here,they can move it somewhere else.I've been sick since moving into this apartment on Aug.29,09 together with my children.I've had severy lower back pain,flu,sinus infection,cold sores,burning,dry,painful red eyes,bronhitis,sore throat,headaches,etc.There have been days when I felt just fine and I'm the only one sick now.I even went so far as to cover all the windows with plastic to keep out drafts which were driving me crazy because I could feel the cold air hit my eyes and it made my eyes hurt so much I had to close them.I've been on 4 rounds of antibiotics but they didn't help,obviously.I'm just sick of being sick! :cry: Maybe we should move again ? :roll:

CFTraveler
24th January 2010, 05:03 PM
Everyone I know (including myself) has been like that for the past few days, so I'm sure it's just the flu season rearing it's ugly head. The weather in Fl has been unseasonably cold and dry, creating bad conditions. And my brother in PR is in the same boat, and on top of that, the Volcano in St. something or other is spewing lots of soot, so I'm sure wherever you are is also 'coldy'.
So lots of hot soup and vitamin C, if you can stomach it.

ButterflyWoman
24th January 2010, 05:45 PM
Am I also remembering correctly that this apartment has really noisy, thoughtless neighbors, as well? (Or is that someone else I'm thinking of?). If that is the case and my memory isn't playing tricks on me, then, yes, I would say that finding a new place is probably a good plan. I know what a huge pain it is to move, but I would take it all as a big sign to pack up and go.

I lived in a house that I'm pretty sure made me sick. At the time, I didn't realise it had anything to do with the house, but since we moved, my health has improved greatly. I think that house had a problem with mould or similar, and I was having a reaction to that.

Beekeeper
25th January 2010, 10:25 AM
Houses can definitely make you sick. If there are mould spores, for example, you may have respiratory problems. Drafts can lead to illness as can toxins and the pollens of particular plants. Various insects can cause allergic reactions too.

Some research also shows that stressful or dramatic changes such a moving, changing jobs, etc, is linked to illness shortly after. And, as stated already, stress can lower immunity.

Feng shui practitioners also identify some places as poorly situated over areas of negative energy. Generally, such places are noisy and the occupants suffer ill health and the impact of crime and violence. Shops in such places invariably close after a short period of unsuccessful trading. I think your pink angel was a good sign, however.

niki123
26th January 2010, 01:55 PM
Thank you everyone for your comments.Unfortunately,I'm still sick as a dog.My throat feels better but otherwise feel bad.I've heard of houses that could make you sick but I'm the only one sick.I'm going to the doctor today but no more antibiotics for me.Feels like a bad sinus infection,yuck!I will not say that my neighbors have quieted down somewhat,I don't want to jinx it,lol. :?