PDA

View Full Version : Stumpy VS Junk Mail

WearsTheFire
26th January 2010, 09:06 AM
[attachment=0:3gvdzvdj]Stumpy.jpg[/attachment:3gvdzvdj]
Tired of postal junk mail? Send them back! Stumpy told everyone to look for the letters from companies that have a postage-paid return envelope. Take everything that they sent to you and put it back in the envelope, then drop the letter back in the postal mail box. The sending company will have to pay for the return postage.

In addition, if the envelope is more than 1/4 inch thick, they have to pay 60 cents verses 37 cents when the envelope is delivered to them. So I fold up the contents such that it is very thick prior to placing it in the envelope.

If the envelope will not seal, I put a piece of scotch tape across the back to hold it shut. Sometimes, just for fun I place the contents of from vendors that do not include a postage-paid envelope into a different vendor that DID send a postage-paid envelope. The key is to get the weight of the envelope up. The more the envelope weighs the more the original sender has to pay when he or she gets it back.

CFTraveler
26th January 2010, 02:07 PM
I also saw this one years ago, in Andy Rooney's show. For a while I was doing this, but it never made any difference.