PDA

View Full Version : heart problems or stroke

Charon
27th January 2010, 11:34 PM
I have read that it's a problem to listen Hemi-Sync CDs due to illness like heart problems or after a stroke ( which type of stroke, with a blood-clot, with a cerebral haemorrhage ? ).

Why it is a problem?

Do you have experiences with it?

ButterflyWoman
28th January 2010, 05:58 AM
I have read that it's a problem to listen Hemi-Sync CDs due to illness like heart problems or after a stroke ( which type of stroke, with a blood-clot, with a cerebral haemorrhage ? ).
I haven't heard that. I've heard the warning in relation to epilepsy, as the binaural beats can trigger a seizure. But I haven't heard anything in relation to heart conditions. Where did you hear that?

CFTraveler
28th January 2010, 02:23 PM

Why it is a problem?

Do you have experiences with it? I haven't heard it, but it makes sense to me. If binaural beats can cause your heart to race (and I'm not saying it can, however, it's been reported by users) then it would make sense to not use them until you determine this is not the case- and I would think that you'd want to be very careful after a stroke no matter what you do. However, I think this is for a doctor to decide.
I would say, discuss with your doctor what binaurals do, and do whatever the doctor says.

About strokes- it has been documented that a strong healthy corpus callosum is beneficial to quicker stroke recovery, because recovery often consists of using 'other' parts of your brain to do what the damaged parts used to, and binaural beats cause hemispheric synchronization, reinforcing those valuable connections- However, I'd guess that hemispheric synchronization should be used before any such catastrophic event happens. I'm not sure if this information is at the TMI website, or if I read this in a Stroke Recovery documentation group (I used to know someone who started a local chapter in my town years ago.)

But to make a long answer short, Ask your doctor.