PDA

View Full Version : And How we deflected the spam.

14th February 2006, 10:05 AM
Electronic Voice Phenomena is more documentable than reincarnation as you can share recordings online. E.V.P. is also more relevant than a past life you lived long ago.

CFTraveler
14th February 2006, 02:05 PM
Are you Paul Curran?

jalef
15th February 2006, 04:22 PM
LOL

why should EVP be more relevant than my past lives?

CFTraveler
15th February 2006, 08:50 PM
And to satisfy my own curiosity, why do you constantly post comments about Paul Curran's website?

Aunt Clair
18th February 2006, 12:06 AM
Paul M Curran is an author and a psychic . His internationally recognised metaphysical work includes EVP Electronic Voice Phenomenon , Astral Time Travel , and Prophecy .

Googling with the use of the key words ; Paul M Curran, you get this
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&c ... earch&meta (http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&q=Paul+M+Curran&btnG=Search&meta)

A biography and a short story here;
http://www.authorzone.com/view_authors.php?authorid=18
http://www.authorzone.com/view_stories.php?storyid=288
More Links on EVP .
http://www.mcmsys.com/~brammer/ourbest.htm
http://www.aaevp.com/
http://www.aaevp.com/faq.htm

Everything you need to know to get started with EVP is available to the public on this web site at no charge.You can download Sarah Estep's first book, Voices of Eternity at http://aaevp.com/resources/evp_books.htm
There are recording instructions at http://aaevp.com/techniques/techniques_evp9.htm

There are other instructions there as well. We advise that you purchase an inexpensive digital recorder if you are using a computer or an inexpensive cassette recorder with piano-style controls if not. There is a free and very good audio management program named Audacity at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/windows.php.

The AA-EVP Idea Exchange provides a membership forum for sharing information, techniques, and examples of possible phenomena for discussion and interpretation. Click on the following link to access: http://www.aaevp.com/ideaexchange/

The AA-EVP Archive preserves past AA-EVP NewsJournal newsletters, Spirit Voices newsletters published by Bill Weisensale, and other documents figuring in the history of EVP/ITC experimentation and research. Click on the following link to access: http://archive.aaevp.com

Several books are available on the general topic of EVP/ITC and related phenomena; many are listed Click on the following link to access: http://aaevp.com/resources/evp_books.htm

Jonathan2525
18th February 2006, 12:32 AM
Hello all,

CFTraveler wrote:
And to satisfy my own curiosity, why do you constantly post comments about Paul Curran's website?

Jason recently posted this on the ask Robert Bruce section:

Curran knew stuff before it happened. I wanna time travel in spirit too!!!

This suggests that he is a fan but not Paul himself. He wants too travel in spirit too suggests he does not already.

He must be a really good fan, every post he has ever made in this forum has been relating to Paul Curran. I sympathize with this, I have to use all of my will power so that my posts don’t all become about Harry Potter :D

Enough said, I have to send an Owl to a friend about the upcoming quiditch match,

Sincerely, Jonathan H

Beekeeper
18th February 2006, 03:51 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jonathan2525
18th February 2006, 06:12 AM
Beekeeper wrote:
The more noble, the more humble.

Hummm, this must be a new definition. Traditionally nobility and humility have not gone hand in hand.

Sincerely, Jonathan H

CFTraveler
18th February 2006, 09:56 PM
I have to use all of my will power so that my posts don’t all become about Harry Potter
I like Harry too! Do you think Dumbledore is really dead?

Beekeeper
18th February 2006, 11:04 PM
No, Beekeeper had a good chuckle.

"The more noble, the more humble" is the little saying that comes with my posts.

Traditionally, those who called themselves noble had the power call themselves noble and even to convince themselves and others that they were (as though it were somehow hereditary). This didn't mean they were noble though.

Still, the better ones may have adhered to the ideal of noblesse oblige. Humility is a good ideal for the powerful to adhere to, I think.

Anyway, semantics: I don't think the definition of noble as used in the saying is limited to the station of "nobility" as such. Rather, it's a quality that can be possessed by anyone. Inherent to the quality, as opposed to the mere title, is humility.

So, no intended aspersions if you felt that's what I was up to. Just letting you know I was appreciating the repartee.

:)

Dragon's Daughter
20th February 2006, 01:25 PM
Yep, Dumbledore is dead - actually makes sense, Harry's always used him as his saviour when things got really bad - he's always known that he could go to Dumbledore. Dumbledore had to die so that Harry will come into his own.

Not that I like it but it makes sense for the storyline. I'm just not sure if all 3 of the main characters will survive the last book. I'll read it anyway.

I have to avoid all my posts referencing the Matrix. Talk about a movie that knows what it's talking about!!!

DD

Jonathan2525
21st February 2006, 05:43 AM
Hello all and Beekeeper,

Beekeeper wrote:
Anyway, semantics: I don't think the definition of noble as used in the saying is limited to the station of "nobility" as such. Rather, it's a quality that can be possessed by anyone. Inherent to the quality, as opposed to the mere title, is humility.

You’re right of course, I was thinking in term of title of nobility.

On a different note, DD wrote:

Yep, Dumbledore is dead - actually makes sense, Harry's always used him as his saviour when things got really bad - he's always known that he could go to Dumbledore. Dumbledore had to die so that Harry will come into his own.

I sadly concur. I was in denial when I read it. I kept going back to the story to see if there was any indication that Dumbledore might not actually be dead, but having the body and all seemed fairly conclusive.

I really want to see how the saga ends. Harry isn’t even remotely a match for Voldemort and without Dumbledore to teach him I don’t know how he’s going to manage defeating him. I do think that Snape is on Harry’s side, I mean with all those death-eaters standing around there wasn’t really much he could do. He obviously finished-up Dumbledore to spare Draco the dilemma. I think it’s going to come down to Harry facing Voldy one-on-one and Snape helping him in the very last second.

Who’s R.A.B, the one who stole the horcrux? From the line in the note, “I will be dead long before you read this”, seems to imply someone who has been dead for a while. Dumbledore didn’t know about it, otherwise he would not have risked his life for it. I don’t think it was someone in the Order. So who was it?????????

As for Snape, well I don’t think his real story is much of a mystery at all. I think he was in love with Harry’s mother. Remember how Voldy told her to step aside, that she didn’t need to die. Why would the dark lord do that, was he getting soft? I think Snape passed him inside info with the condition that he wouldn’t kill her. He definitely wanted James out of the way though. Snape was manipulating the situation to eliminate James without facing him directly. I think that’s why he got so insulted when in Harry yelled out to him calling him a coward. But Voldy did kill Lily, and Snape switched sides. This has been my pet theory ever since the pensive incident in which Snape was hung in the air using the Levicorpus spell.

Aaahhh, so many possibilities and I know JKR will choose the less likely one.

I think I better stop here before I get banned :D

Sincerely, Jonathan H

Beekeeper
21st February 2006, 05:52 AM
You put the smile on the face of the English teacher, Johnathon. :lol:

CFTraveler
21st February 2006, 04:16 PM
really want to see how the saga ends. Harry isn’t even remotely a match for Voldemort and without Dumbledore to teach him I don’t know how he’s going to manage defeating him. I do think that Snape is on Harry’s side, I mean with all those death-eaters standing around there wasn’t really much he could do. He obviously finished-up Dumbledore to spare Draco the dilemma. I think it’s going to come down to Harry facing Voldy one-on-one and Snape helping him in the very last second.

Who’s R.A.B, the one who stole the horcrux? From the line in the note, “I will be dead long before you read this”, seems to imply someone who has been dead for a while. Dumbledore didn’t know about it, otherwise he would not have risked his life for it. I don’t think it was someone in the Order. So who was it?????????

As for Snape, well I don’t think his real story is much of a mystery at all. I think he was in love with Harry’s mother. Remember how Voldy told her to step aside, that she didn’t need to die. Why would the dark lord do that, was he getting soft? I think Snape passed him inside info with the condition that he wouldn’t kill her. He definitely wanted James out of the way though. Snape was manipulating the situation to eliminate James without facing him directly. I think that’s why he got so insulted when in Harry yelled out to him calling him a coward. But Voldy did kill Lily, and Snape switched sides. This has been my pet theory ever since the pensive incident in which Snape was hung in the air using the Levicorpus spell. I just thought there was a moment when Dumbledore told Draco 'I have a way to make people think you're dead' before Snape stepped in- it almost seemed to me he was buying time until Snape came in and 'fake' killed him instead of 'really' killing him. I do agree that Snape switched sides, and that is the reason he didn't kill Harry when he had the chance (when he ran after him and Snape kind of told him to go away before he got it.) I just thought that maybe Dumbledore never destroyed the Sorcerer's Stone... :cry: . Why would you get banned? I was the one who hijacked this original post, which reads like spam to me.

Jonathan2525
21st February 2006, 08:20 PM
I just thought there was a moment when Dumbledore told Draco 'I have a way to make people think you're dead' before Snape stepped in- it almost seemed to me he was buying time until Snape came in and 'fake' killed him instead of 'really' killing him.

Where did he say this? I can't seem to find it in "the lightning struck tower".

CFTraveler
21st February 2006, 09:51 PM
It is in the Lightning Struck Tower,pg. 591:"He cannot kill you if you're already dead. Come over to the right side....Nobody would be surprised that you had died in your attempt to kill me- forgive me, but Lord Voldemort probably expects it." And so on. Now, this struck me funny because before he keeps telling him to 'get it over with', but now all of a sudden it sounds like he's begging for his life, something very un-Dumbledoreish- so I figure it was some sort of clue for the reader. Of course it could be my wishful thinking, but, maybe D. had some kind of 'positive horcrux of his own', or some pre-hatched plan with Snape.

Anyway, Lord Moldybutt can't win!

Jonathan2525
22nd February 2006, 07:07 AM
Hello all,

What about Snape making an unbreakable vow? He vowed to help Draco if he failed in his attempt.

"And, should it prove necessary… if it seems Draco will fail..." whispered
Narcissa (Snape's hand twitched within hers, but he did not draw away), "will you carry out the deed that the Dark Lord has ordered Draco to perform?"

“There was a moment's silence. Bellatrix watched, her wand upon their clasped hands, her eyes wide. "I will," said Snape.”

He had to help Draco finish-off Dumbly, if he hadn’t he’d be dead. If Dumbledore faked his death, he must have done it without Snape’s help.

Sincerely, Jonathan H

Beekeeper
22nd February 2006, 08:18 AM
I'm the Beekeeper's son writing right now. And for jonathen who asked who is R.A.B. I think it is Regulus. A. Black, Sirius' brother. and i also think that the unopenable locket in the black house when they were cleaning up in book five, was Slytheryn"s locket a.k.a. a horucux

Beekeeper
22nd February 2006, 08:29 AM
Jonathan 2525 wrote [Who’s R.A.B, the one who stole the horcrux? From the line in the note, “I will be dead long before you read this”, seems to imply someone who has been dead for a while. Dumbledore didn’t know about it, otherwise he would not have risked his life for it. I don’t think it was someone in the Order. So who was it????????? ]

R.A.B is Regulus Black. If you reread the books you will see all the clues J.K's given us and you'll see. Regulus must have turned on Voldemort and that's why he was murdered so quickly, and I think the green potion that Dumbledoor had to drink was showing Dumbledoor the pain that Regulus had to go through to get the horocux.

Jonathan2525
22nd February 2006, 10:21 AM
Hello all and Beekeeper’s son,

In the order of the Phoenix Sirius' brother is spoken of as Regulus Black, not as Regulus A. Black. Sirius also mentions that he was killed because he started to back out. I will have to reread yet again the whole series from the beginning to see if I can find some clue as to who RAB is. Of course that probably will not help; remember all the fuzz about Mark Evans being the Half-Blood prince? I think no one expected it to be Snape.

Sincerely, Jonathan H

Hegemony
22nd February 2006, 01:51 PM
I wonder if the Harry Potter books are actually the result of EVP. Paul Curran's EVP in particular :wink:

:lol:

Dragon's Daughter
22nd February 2006, 02:03 PM
:lol:

Beekeeper
25th February 2006, 10:11 PM
Regulus .A Black.

"A" might be the innitial of Regulus' middle name, and Regulus would have stolen the horucux before he was killed. Also that explains the unopenable locket in the black house.

CFTraveler
25th February 2006, 10:13 PM
Is that in The Brotherhood of the Phoenix?
I wonder if Paul Curran read it...

Beekeeper
27th February 2006, 08:13 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jonathan2525
27th February 2006, 10:27 AM
Hello all,

This was the message:

To the Dark Lord
I now I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can.
I face death in the hope that when you meet your match you will be
mortal once more.
R.A.B.

It doesn't seem from the above that Voldy had discovered that someone had stolen the horcrux. I doubt that RAB was killed for it. He probably died from something else.

The note also sounds as if RAB was someone whom Voldy knew well. I don’t know how much of a relationship did a young death eater like Regulus have with Voldermort.

Sincerely, Jonathan H

Beekeeper
28th February 2006, 09:09 AM
Good point

It's a matter of opinion. It may be Regulus but it may be someone entirely different.

We'll just have to wait and see.

(BK's son)

Beekeeper
28th February 2006, 09:11 AM
Did you know it is scheduled to come out in 2008 or 2009, which sucks.

(B.K's son)

Beekeeper
28th February 2006, 09:17 AM
:x :x :x :x :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: :|

(B.K's son)

Jonathan2525
28th February 2006, 10:24 PM
hummm... I think you meant to say:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :) :) :) :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :shock: :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry:

28th February 2006, 10:49 PM
I love Harry Potter, BUT, MAKE IT STOP!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1st March 2006, 02:41 PM
The messages left by spirits are often distorted because spirits travel in space and time differently than the Physical do. Some voices are very slow or fast or even backwards. SPIRITS can travel in time at any speed or direction! It's too crazy for some to believe.

CONCLUSION: Some voices will be about the future e.g. a tradegy the spirit doesn't want to happen...

In the Many Worlds Theory every outcome happens anyway!!!

EOL007
3rd March 2006, 07:47 PM
Are you Paul Curran?

EVP as been around as long as the hills really... check out Marconi's work for instance.

Stephen :roll:

EOL007
3rd March 2006, 07:54 PM
Jason,

Pardon me moving this thread, but it seems more appropriate here!

Thx,

Stephen

CFTraveler
3rd March 2006, 08:48 PM
Maybe he should have his own topic. "Paul Curran website Updates"

Jaco
3rd March 2006, 10:39 PM
Creepy... :?