PDA

View Full Version : Do you think tattoos could in any way

Le_Guvnahelectrocroix
16th February 2006, 12:19 AM
hinder energy work.
Not hinder so much as provide more obstacles.
Cause blockages
that type of thing?

Because I certainly hope not.

Chris
16th February 2006, 03:18 AM
I've got tattoos and have never noticed any hinderence at all. So i'd say no.

gorillabait
16th February 2006, 04:09 AM
Another question is, do you think having braces or other dental work can have an effect? I've been feeling a lot of strange energy sensations in my teeth lately, and have been wondering if it was related to work Ive had done in the past.

sash
16th February 2006, 07:34 AM
I'm not sure if it "hinders" it so much but I have found having braces stirs up energy quite a lot around the teeth/jaw area -- a similar effect occurs with glasses.

Beekeeper
16th February 2006, 08:18 AM
And fillings?

Eraeia
23rd February 2006, 10:00 PM
Symbols have meanings that can affect energy work and how the energy flows...Like Runes for example, they have magickal properities in which a person can use for spells and divination. So do Talismans, they're worn for protection. Words, emotions, thoughts, symbols have specific meanings, and within the belief of certain symbols is energy.
As for braces, all types of metals are able to channel and direct energy, specific types of metal attract different types of energy.

oath
24th February 2006, 01:14 AM
This is good, Ive been planning on getting a tattoo for quite some time on my hand of a certain particular symbol

Jonathan2525
24th February 2006, 03:00 AM
Hello all,

oath wrote:
This is good, Ive been planning on getting a tattoo for quite some time on my hand of a certain particular symbol

I think RB mentions in his book PPSD that some people get tattoos of magical symbols in order to ward off psychic attacks. He does not explicitly recommend this but he does imply that it might be an effective countermeasure. I doubt he would do this if it interfered with energy work.

Sincerely, Jonathan H

Beekeeper
27th February 2006, 08:16 AM
There can apparently be benefits to lucid dreaming from tattoos.
http://dreamviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27440

28th February 2006, 08:27 PM
bought a gun last year, and started doing my own tattoo work. i placed a dripping heart with a protective eye in the middle & flames right in the center of my heart chakra. also put a lot of intent into it while working. seemed to help immediately with filtering out negative energy, but that could all be in my head. :wink:

very much into the idea of doing protective symbols permanently on the flesh. seem to have a great number of friends & family that are lining up.
the original idea of tattoos is completely about connecting to the spiritual realm. 2 cents 333

28th February 2006, 10:47 PM
I just got permanent cosmetic eyeliner tattooed on my eyes. Thought I was gonna DIE!!!!!! Maybe it will help my astral sight? :lol:

piXen
1st March 2006, 02:46 AM
I only speak from my experiences but it's never hindered me.
I have an ankh on the back of my neck which is slightly symbolic of my astral experiences.

piXen
1st March 2006, 02:49 AM
I just got permanent cosmetic eyeliner tattooed on my eyes. Thought I was gonna DIE!!!!!! Maybe it will help my astral sight? :lol:

I've always wanted that but I don't think I'll ever have the stomach for it! I can't believe people do it.

1st March 2006, 05:35 AM
I asked the tattoo tech if she had worked at Abu Ghraib or Gitmo. I told her she could have a great career working in those places! Lots of job security. LOL!!

Actually, this is the third time I've done it. 45 minutes of shear pain for three years of sheer laziness. Pretty fair trade!

piXen
1st March 2006, 05:58 AM
I asked the tattoo tech if she had worked at Abu Ghraib or Gitmo. I told her she could have a great career working in those places! Lots of job security. LOL!!

Not to mention the healing has got to be a dreadful time also! Youch.