PDA

View Full Version : Computer woes

Tutor
10th February 2010, 03:00 PM
Hi Folks,

well...I just lost a computer's operations due to Internet Explorer 8's security shortcomings. Corrupted win32 files.

Also, I had had problems with Youtube's videos and my personal channel, and by suggestion downloaded Google Chrome, which seemed to solve the problem. However, Google and Youtube are business linked; and Google is under attack from China sources, which explains why the youtube help forums are full of folks posting about youtube problems. As well, it explains why Adobe Flash Player is updating multiple times a day trying to outrun player errors on video startup. The above three linked by proxy.

Initially several weeks ago, upon buying a new computer, we had thought to take Norton up on there offer to share Norton Security on all of our computers. However, after spending massive hours online with a tech from India, whom by remote access, was unable to help us at all.

The point being that our technology is or has outrun our ability to work it, keep it functioning and to secure it from outside malicious partys.

I suppose that this is a sort of rant without any resolve. :?

T

CFTraveler
10th February 2010, 03:21 PM
I resolved my IE worries by installing Safari in my computer. After doing it, I ask myself every day why I didn't think of it sooner.

ButterflyWoman
10th February 2010, 04:48 PM
I use Firefox, but I installed Google Chrome for my kids to use, and my husband uses Opera and is happy with that. Nobody is allowed to use IE on my computer, specifically because of the security issues.

I might look into Safari, though. Not sure why I didn't think of that one.