PDA

View Full Version : Curious: strange sight through a lens?

Red Arrow
16th February 2010, 05:17 PM
I recently journaled an OBE and I'm really curious about the vision aspect of this 'lens' and how it seemed to cut off what I could not adjust to see? Both leaving and entering back into my body was not a visual experience but just sensations and blackness, and it felt instantaneous. Anyone here that is usually very visual finding that there is a shift to sensations more with this work? And how was that for you? I'm really curious. Also I noted that what I assumed to be the Real Time Zone, the landscaping of trees, etc, was the same however the houses were altered (here's an excerpt from the OBE, I snipped to just include what seemed relevant to my query):

I was seeing only black with closed eyes (Unusual for me, often will either see images in my mind's eye or various colors... I could not just 'create' images as I'm used to)... I attempted to see my hands and the rope, but that wasn't really happening. I willed that I wished to go outside my window, even for just a moment. But I was clearly feeling leaving my body, so I focused on the sensations once more. Suddenly, there appeared before me - or rather, rose up into my eyesight???- a large squarish 'lens' I could see through (I didn't think of it this way entirely, but this is how I'm explaining it. I did however note that there was a smudge on the lower right side and thought that was odd). My house appeared before me, and I was in this place - rather, I was feeling being in it, as well as 'viewing' it via the field/lens. It was not my house, however, but a version of it with the dark trim on the windows that I have wanted to paint, for instance, and a bit more complex architecture - and I "knew" this was how 'my' house appeared in this realm. This was almost like watching a flickering movie screen (not pronounced, but in hindsight similar, with a grain to it). I looked to my 'left' and saw that the houses on the opposite side of the street appeared to be more like the homes that are further up my street than the ones actually across from my home. This did not seem odd or unusual at the time, I felt an inner calm and was amused and utterly receptive to it all.

... I'm there hovering in the street I think I'd like to move forward, I recalled Bruce's mention of being like in a chair and it did feel like this. I realized that as I willed myself to go towards the field and hills across from my house, I actually instead was moving away from them! I was looking out the back of my 'head'?! Is it possible that because I was not 'seeing' from my front that the view was through a "lens" of some kind, out the back of my head? (This all seems hilarious, since there is no real body there anyway! I took this all in - with a grain of salt and noted that I would need to continue to adjust my instrument, so to say.)

I heard [a] woman to my left, however, there they were walking by on my right, in front of my house. There was a guy with a beard sitting on some kind of cart/dresser? (The 'field' I looked through cut off their lower areas, and I was too busy with what was before me to try and shift the 'field' or lens downward to see more??) and this woman was walking carrying this thing with him on top (impossible in 'real world')... they both looked up at me, kind of irritated, like "What the heck? Whatever...". She really looked at me as they passed as if I was intruding..."

...suddenly it was black and I could sense I was coming into my body, very clearly.

I'm also hoping for some ideas for working with the altered orientation that happened here - is there an easy way to shift to the 'front' instead of operating backwards? Maybe if I had thought to will/command this, I could have seen from the front? :roll: Next time!

Regards,
Red Arrow