PDA

View Full Version : My Experiences (OOBEs, hypnopomics, etc.)

Cielo
19th February 2010, 02:43 AM
This section of the forum should be a great place to start. I love this forum, btw. There are so many interesting posts to read.

I have had a few unusual experiences that I plan to post here shortly. I have kept most of these in a Google Doc, so if you suddenly see a whole heap of posts I am not really close to a caffeine overdose :D

Thanks,

Cielo
19th February 2010, 02:57 AM
Out of Body Experiences (OOBEs)

I would sit in the backseat of the car while my parents were driving. Bored, I would relax and then see the surroundings from about 1-2 feet above the car in a 360 degree view (like the upper half of a globe). I would open my eyes, confirm what I saw (passed a car, about to pass a barn, etc), close my eyes, see the outside again for a couple of minutes, open my eyes to get confirmation, etc. This way of perceiving was a bit like looking through night vision goggles, except everything was in shades of grey and a bit out of focus. I tried to tell my parents, but ..you know, they just thought I was being a kid.

Occult Experience

The only really odd thing that happened when I was a young child, that I can remember anyway, was leviation. My parents lived in a two-story house and one day I was running down the stairs, stumbled at the top of the middle level platform (whatever that portion is called), and floated the rest of the way down. Of course, I thought this was nothing short of AWESOME. I was only 4 or 5 years old at the time. I spent endless times trying to experience that sensation again, but I never did. If I had fallen, I'm sure I would have hurt myself badly. If I had a guardian angel, s/he must have had his/her hands full following that experience.

CFTraveler
19th February 2010, 03:13 AM
Are you sure we don't know each other? When I was in middle school I had a friend who reported the same thing- fell down the stairs (two flights) and floated the second part down, never hit the floor.

Cielo
19th February 2010, 03:27 AM
Are you sure we don't know each other? When I was in middle school I had a friend who reported the same thing- fell down the stairs (two flights) and floated the second part down, never hit the floor.

I don't know if I ever shared this with anyone back then, but who knows? I grew up in northern Sweden. Let's see middle school. Hmm.. I don't think I had any friends back then who would have be interested in such things, then or now. It would so cool though... if we at one time knew each other.

Cielo
19th February 2010, 03:40 AM

I don't know if I ever shared this with anyone back then, but who knows? It happened such a long time ago. I grew up in northern Sweden. Let's see middle school. Hmm.. I don't think I had any friends back then who would have be interested in such things, then or now. It would so cool though... if we at one time knew each other.

CFTraveler
19th February 2010, 03:48 AM
No, I've never been in Sweden. Interesting, though.

Cielo
19th February 2010, 06:23 AM
That's too bad. I have been trying to locate some of my old friends. I haven't been home in more than a decade. But, hey, this might just be the place to make some new friends :) My best guess is that the levitation episode was an OOBE, and that I was too young to understand the difference.

Cielo
20th February 2010, 07:59 PM

This one night, sometime around 7 or 8 PM, I was meditating on one of the sofas in my mom's living room. I was using the typical fractal relaxation. I was depressed, you know that typical teenage funk where there is no future, only the now. This time, I was hellbent on it working, come hell or high water. I did not care about my personal safety or if anything bad might come out of it. (Bad attitude).

I fell asleep on my back, and then woke up during the splitting process. The process took place without any noticeable involvement on my part. I was just observing what was going on. I was first being stretched out (perhaps two meters above my head and two meters below my feet), then shrunk to about the size of a tennis ball, and then came out through the solar plexus area. (Huh!?!)

I discovered that I was inside my physical body, that I was floating about a half-meter above the body, and that I was in a place where I used to play as a child - all at the same time. I could move my physical arm and placed my hand over my closed eyelids but could still see the living room from the position of where I was floating above the body and see the mountains in the distance. The emotional state at the time was mild curiousity.

I also noticed that it felt as if I were not alone. It felt as if someone was staring at me from across the room. I did look in that direction but could not see anything. I just sensed it and it felt like a cloud of mild depression. Odd.

I reintegrated and got up.

Cielo
20th February 2010, 08:18 PM
For about three days following that first OOBE, I was a wreck. I was walking around like a zombie when this one friend of a friend noticed me and decided to make sure that I got some help. Incidentally, this was a guy who told me he once that he had survived a car accident. Suddenly he had found himself standing outside the car watching the crash. The car had turned into an accordian and he shouldn't have survived it. Anyway, this guy walked me over to one of the local coffee shops and bought me a cup of coffee, which might have been a greater miracle than him surviving that crash, since he was always broke.

I told him what happened, that it was nothing serious - except he thought it was. He thought it looked as if I was in a shock. The conversation suddenly involved another friend of a friend and it became a bit like an intervention. This guy took me to see one of my friends on the back of his bike. Now, this friend of mine was a non-practicing medium and dabbled in healing. I should have been embarrassed about the whole ordeal, but I was in a state of apathy. She told me that there was a "guy" that was following me around, that he looked gray in color, wore a suit, a hat, and a suitcase. She also mentioned that he seemed depressed. She did not get any information out of him though and tried some healing. I felt a little bit better and decided to walk home. On my way home, I stopped at a bridge, and the thought of jumping was very strong. Fortunately, I had a piece of common sense left that dragged me on home.

During one of the days following the OOBE, I drew a self-portrait where my image had a large black hole in the solar plexus area. I became somewhat concerned about this and focused on healing that area. I would say it took years for that big gaping hole in my chest to disappear.

I have a few suspicions about what happened. The grey guy could have been a ghost who was trying to connect to a new body or perhaps it could have been my double that I did not reabsorb after the OOBE. The end result is that I became convinced that having OOBEs was unhealthy and it slowed down my progress significantly.

Since then I NEVER attempted an OOBE while in a dark mood, and I have only had positive experiences from that moment on.

Cielo
21st February 2010, 02:35 AM
1997 August

I had a dream about helping to build tunnels below a shallow dam so that these ants would survive what would come next (war/invasion?) when a large spider crawled up my leg and bit me. I woke up and saw a spider float slowly away from where I was sleeping. I looked at it. The colors were extremely high contrast in shiny black, with brown and tan details. As I looked at it (wide awake and sitting up), the spider morphed into a bird and then back into a spider and then into a bird then back into a spider. The spider floated into the shadows. I got up and turned on the light. I could see the spider blend in with the shadows and disappear. In my "first" language, tarantulas are called "bird spiders".

Sometime between 1997 and 2003

I started listening to the first set of tapes of TMI Gateway program. I'm not sure I should contribute what I saw to the tapes, but I blamed the tapes at the time. One night I woke up and saw a gold, brown, tan shape floating above the bed. It looked like a ball with tentacles. It was very three-dimensional, vivid, and present. I was not scared. I sat up (wide awake), I pointed at it, and then I pointed at the wall and thought to it, "if you're going to wake me up in the middle of the night, appear in my line of sight so that I don't have to move" and then I had some vicious thoughts about the damage I could do to it with a baseball bat, something about how it looking like a pinata. The following morning I got so spooked about what I had seen, and how I had reacted, that I slept in the living room for awhile. I stopped listening to the tapes.

I woke up and saw the phone/fax morph into my husband's head, then it turned around and met my gaze. I freaked and got up.

I woke up and couldm't move. I became very scared, and wanted my husband to come and help me out. I could not hear my thoughts (internal dialogue) and this scared me more. I could not think/hear my husband's name. Yet, I thought desperately about him and how much I wanted him to help me. Then, these multi-colored spheres emerged from the wall and started combining into a humanoid. It started to look more and more like my husband and started coming closer. I freaked out. I wanted my husband! The ball-man came closer until the shape fell over me, and I snapped out of the sleep paralysis and got up. It scared the heck out of me! Later, I appreciated what it had tried to accomplish. The forms (whether controlled by me or independent) were trying to be what I wanted and needed.

Partial OBE and Hypnopompic: 2009

In a previous dream, I had met a small UFO. If you can call it that. The dream started with encountering this group that was getting up onto roof tops to come closer to these UFOs that had been sighted in the area. I decided to try find these UFOs, but somewhere out of sight. As soon as I had reached the edge of this roof, a little sphere bobbed up near where I was standing. I made certain that no one was looking and took a cable from the unit and plugged it into my left arm. A display appeared, and I started interacting with it. I was thinking about that dream before going to sleep that night.

It was early morning. The bedroom was unusually bright. Everything had a peculiar white fuzz/shine/glow about it. I sat up in bed. My husband was sleeping beside me. The room looked the same, except a sphere/mechanical unit (hypnopomic imagery) was hovering in the corner of the room. I asked it (using thoughts) to come closer and it merged with me, starting with the left arm. Once the connections were made, I felt a surge of energy, and a display appeared. Wow! It had weapons, guidance system, navigation, the whole nine years. I was so happy and thought "Finally! Something that &#$@ works!" It felt like the unit enjoyed the experience as much as I did. Strange. It is one of those brief moments that I categorize as one of the most happy memories of my entire life. I have a feeling that these units can be used to modify the astral body into something quite spectacular and would love to take one out for a ride. I would give anything to have that experience (again?).

Cielo
21st February 2010, 03:03 AM
Possible OBE - (sometime between 1997 and 2003)

I woke up and the TV in the bedroom was on with loud static. It was morning and bright in the room, unusually bright, to the point that everything was a bit fuzzy. I got a bit irritated that someone had turned on the TV, I got up, turned it off, and crashed back into bed. Later, when I woke up, I asked why someone had turned on the TV with static on such a loud volume. No one had heard the TV or turned it on.

False Awakening: Early 2009

I woke up and saw that I was sleeping in a bed and that someone was sleeping by my side. His shoulder was very white (think tripe) and there was a geometric pattern in the skin on the shoulder, it looked like it would have felt like a waffle (geometric indentations) had I touched the skin (!). I also had a feeling that he was not human. I thought about how much I loved him, and decided not to move, that I did not want for him to wake him. I woke up.

Later, I thought that the pattern might have been a tattoo that I somehow misinterpreted to have a depth. Perhaps spider web?

Lucid Dream: 2009 August

In the middle of a typical dream, I suddenly saw a dust devil start forming below my feet and above my head. I started laughing and spinning clockwise with my arms out from my sides. The dust devil enveloped me like a bubble. I stopped the spinning and could see the walls whirl by. I started being able to see out through the wall. It looked like the sand was gold, light brown, tan. A window formed through the dust, and I could see out. I was in the desert in a rural area. Probably Mexico. I shouted "Viva Mexico" in the dream. I cannot speak Spanish and my outburst sounded completely idiotic. I laughed, I was happy, and chock-full of energy. I woke up.

Lucid Dream, Possible OBE: 2009 August

I was standing in an elevator. I saw my reflection in a mirror. I looked like I do when I am awake. I slammed both fists to the sides of the small mirror and screamed: "I want to remember". The elevator dropped, and when the doors opened, I tumbled out. I was in a basement. It was dark. I was floating and trying to move around in some coherent manner. I tried to reach the floor or the walls with my toes and fingers. I could not get anywhere and was just tumbling around. I lost lucidity.

Dreaming Someone Else's Dream: 2009 September 4

The goal I had set before falling asleep was to dream someone else's dream. I was curious if this would be possible. I dreamt that I was participating in a group exercise. I was in a big room with a group of people. There was an outline, a chessboard, on the floor. It might have been made with pieces of white tape. It seemed a temporary setup. There were four players. The four players represented the four elements. There was supposed to be something to this, that each of the players were supposed to approach the game with the element as a driving force behind their actions.

I felt unusually slow and decided to switch with one of the observers and to watch instead. When I left the board, someone said to someone else that what he wished someone reliable, someone who enjoyed spending time with others, not a loner. I think someone was scolding whomever I was at the moment. This person thought "rules me out" and left. That person had a class to attend and was worried that s/he would not be able to remember the lines. (?)

The next day, I found Israel Regardie's book about The Golden Dawn at the local library and found a description of Enochian Chess. I suspect this is what they were practicing during that group activity in the dream. I'm not into that stuff, though.

Partial OBE: 2009 September

I hurt my ankle (moderate inverted ankle sprain) last summer and was often stretching my legs in my sleep. I woke up because I heard myself making a horrible screeching sound in conjunction with the stretching. I opened my eyes and saw that my legs were straight up in the air. They were unusually pale. I got confused and woke up. My legs were under layers of blankets. I could not have moved them out of the blankets and back again without waking up.

Astral Sight: 2009 September 4, 3:30am

During the day, I was at the movies. Shortly after I sat down, I felt someone about to walk past, so I moved my legs to the side to let the person walk by. To my surprise there was no one there. The entire row was empty.

That same night, I woke up/became conscious. I could move and there was no sleep paralysis. The black behind my closed eyelids changed into detailed black/gray/brown. Very intricate and intense contrast. I looked and saw the row of seats in the movie theatre, and a man walked up toward me. He was black and had yellow (concentric rings) eyes and was chanting in a foreign language. I opened my eyes and thought "how weird" closed my eyes and there he was again. I was able to open and close my eyes and the vision returned each time.

I then received a message by another black man and was in the form of what I think Robert Monroe called NVC (non verbal communication, not the generic meaning, but a weird blend of concepts and images). What the other man did was to look at me and show me his face as he faced to my right, that is, at first, I only saw the right side of his face. He then slowly rotated his head so that I saw the back of his head. He rotated further until I gained eye contact with him again and I saw the left side of his face.

The second man had white markings on his face. There was a finger-thick, white line that crossed his forehead right above the eye brows and dipped down a bit across the nose and near the sides of the face. There was also a line that crossed the face underneath the eyes that dipped up a bit across the nose and near the sides of the face. Almost like a set of drawn out glasses. Both of the men looked African. I later looked it up and the only images that I have been able to find on the Internet reminds me of images of shamans and sorcerers from Papau New Guinea. This came as a surprise, I have no cultural connections to that place. It was a sight that I least expected, it was completely outside of my frame of reference.

When the vision faded, I got up, and as I stood up a hypnopomic imagery, a dark blotch, moved across the floor. I made sure not to step on it on my way to the bathroom.

Partial OBE: 2009 September 5

I was asleep on my left side. Then, I "saw" the outline of a hand (blue light), like a hand drawing, and then felt an arm move under back and a hand that grabbed a hold of my left breast. It hurt. I mean, it really hurt. I woke up and noticed that my husband was sound asleep beside me and that my left arm was under the pillow and the other arm in front of me. Who the heck did that! Then, I drifted back between sleep and wrestling with someone who was trying to drag me out of my body. At one point, I was half-way out.

My upper body was located through my husband's physical body, and I was parallel to, and partially inside my physical body. I did not like the idea that I was partially inside my husband, and I did not want him to wake up. I was so tired, and tired of the struggle, and drifted into sleep.

OBE: 2009 September 26, 6:20 am

I was determined to have an OOBE that night. Sometime during the night I woke up and had the song, Hotel California, playing in my head.

The song started with the line: "And still those voices are calling from far away. Wake [me] up in the middle of the night just to hear them say..." etc.

In the early morning, I flopped over to my back, and went back to sleep/deep trance.

I was dreaming that I was floating around in a dark world. I was happy. I looked like meatwad in ATHF and was very proud of my density and shine (!). I thought I was just drop-dead gorgeous and had the nicest spherical form.

I had just heard a "news broadcast" about these entities that had just been discovered, and I was on my way to find out more. I found the entities hoovering over the surface of a dark, smooth rock surface. The entities were agitated. The entities appeared similar to one another. The one I observed, the one that was closest, looked like a big, black pancake, but with a more mass around the middle. The upper surface had thin brown, tan, and bone-colored streaks.

I created a thought connection that looked a bit like a solid ♥♥♥♥♥et (no openings) and stretched it out to fit the entire upper surface of one of the entities. I intended to ask how it was doing and how I might help, but once the connection was established, I was back in bed and aware. There were flashes of light, and I heard a voice trying to come through loud static. I felt vibrations, and yet I did not feel them. It felt as if the whole turmoil (light, sound, etc.) was above my head and right behind me.

I felt that my arms were stretched out right in front of me (perpendicular to my body, like a ghoul), and I was amazed that I did not feel the effect of gravity on the arms. At the same time, I knew that my "real" arms were placed to my sides under layers of blankets. I tried to focus on the voice, but when I could not make it out, I started to focus on my arms instead.

I asked "could someone give me a hand?" but nothing happened. I came to realize that asking for a body part was not particularly useful (hehe, I'm glad there was no one around with a weird sense of humor). I could also feel that there was no one there who would help me out of my body.

Despite feeling the lightning storm above and behind me, I could not sense a presence in the room. I stretched my arms out further and waited, but nothing happened. I decided to try to get out on my own. I remembered Monroe's mention of a rolling out method and thought that I might as well try that and see what would happen. Just the thought of rolling out was enough - it was easy. I started to spin very fast and I must have spun more than once. I was just right alongside my physical body. Then, I snapped back. The vibrations and sensations were fading, and I could feel that I was very close to being 100% reintegrated.

I whispered "thank you, thank you" as best as I could. The last sensation I had before I regained full control of my physical body was that I felt something like a big blob glide down the side of my head like a big lougie. I had trouble getting back to sleep again. I had (not on or off, but solid) goosebumps from head to toe for about an hour afterwards.

OBE: 2009 September 26, later the same morning.

I had a dream where I tried to explain to someone that this horny, blond woman keeps following me around and that I was tired of her. I rarely dream about sex and don't care for women. The man that I talked to in the dream suddenly pounced on me and started licking my ear. He was very skilled at it, but I am ticklish, and I don't have a thing for my ears being licked. I said "quit it, quit it, arghh..." and decided to turn around to look at the person behind me.

I assumed it was my husband. After all, who else could it have been? I saw my husband's face with his tongue in my ear and met his gaze. I started getting confused. I should not be able to see my own head. He looked like my husband and yet not really. His head was very white and he had a shaved head. His eyes were grey/white. I "snapped" out of it. I was alone in bed. I took my right index finger and stuck it into my right ear to find out if it was wet. My ear was dry. The experience felt 100% real.

Duality: 2009 October 3

I became aware of being in two places at once. I was in bed, and I was in the kitchen.

OBE: 2009 October 8, 5:20am

I was determined to get out that night.

Sometime during the night I woke up and had the song, Hotel California, playing in my head (same as in previous OOBE).

In the early morning, I flopped over to my back, and went back to sleep/deep trance.

I became aware of my physical body and saw drop down menus overlapping the surroundings. I read the menu items and noticed that there was an option for the "roll out method." I thought it was an interesting interface and selected the "roll out" option since it was the only one I could see available related to OOBEs. I rolled out of my body immediately after the selection was made.

Everything was quiet this time. There were no vibrations and no unusual sounds. This time the spinning out was not as uncontrollable as the first time. I expected to be sucked back in again, but nothing happened. Then, I realized that I must be partly inside my sleeping husband. He made some noises in his sleep, and I tried to wake him up. When that did not work I decided to continue into the kitchen to try an experiment.

The experiment: I came across a description in one of the books about this topic (Astral Dynamics?) and decided to try it out. My husband picked out a card without looking at it and placed it on top of one of the kitchen cabinets. My goal was to find the card while out and then describe when I returned.

I was less scared this time but still very skittish. I decided that I did not want to see anything, like a kid hiding under a blanket, refusing to check for monsters. I knew I was moving through the living room toward the kitchen. I knew where I was, but everything was dark. I wanted to see just the outlines of furniture and such, but could not perceive that way.

When I knew I was in the kitchen I thought "OK, I want to see now" and I saw the kitchen. I was floating at an angle near the sink. My feet were about a foot off the ground and my upper body was leaning toward, and partially over, the sink. I saw my arm. It looked normal.

Since my arm was under the faucet I tried to move the arm through the faucet. It worked. It felt cool to the skin, and felt cool as it slid through the arm. I smiled and thought, "I'm finally at the faucet, and I am not even thirsty" (I thought this was a reference to one of the books I once read about OOBEs, it might be, but it is also how my husband had his first OOBE - by trying to get a drink of water).

I then decided to find that card. I floated upwards. I remember my husband saying something about a metal bowl on top of the cabinet, that I should not try to move the bowl around to cheat and determine the card that way (in the physical). Based on what he said I thought the card would be next to the metal bowl on the cabinet to the right and above the sink. I focused on the card and found it to the right of what I thought was the metal bowl.

I had trouble interpreting the surface of the card. The vision was still fuzzy (I'm such a chicken. I knew I could sharpen my perceptions if I had wanted to). I saw that it was a red card right away. That was the easy part. Then I thought that it must be a seven, I counted seven symbols on the card. But I realized that was not right. I took another look and saw a red square followed by a red three. I thought that the red square could be some weird interpretation of a diamond and decided to hurry back to my body.

I floated back from the kitchen and over to the bed. At the same time, I kept thinking "red card, red three, red diamond, three of diamonds..." I could see the curtains, the bookcases, and two bodies on the bed.

I expected to pop back in again as I got closer; to feel a drag of some kind. But, nothing. I swooped into my body and nothing happened. I adjusted, but nothing. I could not even feel the body as I entered into it. This is the first time that I did not experience any duality/plurality. Perhaps that might have something to do with the difficulty in getting back in. My physical body must have been completely asleep.

When I finally came to, after a lot of squirming, I got up and started writing it all down. The time was 5:20 am. I woke up my husband and said that the card on the cabinet is the three of diamonds. He got up and took down the card. (He had to use a chair to reach it). The card was the three of hearts. This was surprising. I should know a heart. When I observed the card I noticed that there were seven red symbols on it: two small hearts, two threes, three larger hearts. This might explain why my initial impression was a seven.

When I described that I moved up by the metal bowl and found the card to the right of it, he pointed out that the card was not on top of that cabinet. It was on top of one of the cabinets on the other side of the kitchen. There are some coffee cans on top of the other cabinets and that might be what I interpreted to be the metal bowl.

Cielo
21st February 2010, 03:12 AM
2009 September (no date), 5:55am

In the dream, I was in my bed (not here). I felt a presence come closer. It felt intense, and I got scared. It was right outside the door. I felt something grab a hold of my second body head and drag it out, it snapped back in, "it" dragged my head out again, and it snapped back in. Then I felt the blanket move toward my feet. It felt a bit like a kid tugging at a pant leg.

I was in sleep paralysis. I could feel that something was near the foot of the bed but could not open my eyes or move my head. I thought "this is not necessary, the sleep paralysis is not necessary" and I could move my head. I looked in the direction of the foot of my bed and saw a hypnopompic pattern against the wall. It looked like a soccer ball with small spikes. I was less scared. I continued looking, closed my eyes, opened my eyes and it was still there. Then, I thought "OK, that's enough" and it melted/blended in with the wall and disappeared. Since then, occasionally, I feel that same sensation on my head.

2009 September 10

Before I went to sleep, I decided that I wanted to communicate with that hypnopompic sphere, to find out its purpose and function. During the night, I woke up and saw a weak, less organized pattern. It looked like a spider with no body and thin long legs.

2009 September

I wanted to contact the hypnopomic sphere/mechanical units and to find out if I could go further, to actually project while connected with one of them. I woke up and saw two smaller connected hypnopomic spheres. They were about the size of tennis balls. 'They' were giddy, expectant. Their mentality was childish, somehow. I was too tired to stay lucid and fell asleep.

Deep Trance State/Spheres: 2009 October

Before sleep, I asked my mind about the duality experiences during deep trance. Later, I experienced being four spheres (all the same size, about like a soccer ball) that floated above me, I perceived from those four areas, at the same time, while perceiving the spheres from my position in bed. It was very complicated to see from so many perspectives.

Cielo
21st February 2010, 03:36 AM
Late December, 2009.

I became aware and found someone connected to me, but when I asked 'who are you?', which I thought was a perfectly reasonable question, this man became very angry. I could not understand why he was so upset. During the time this went on, I remembered another episode (dream/trance state) that had happened the night before. During that occasion, I had felt something like a cord (astral cord, I guess) that was attached to me and attached to a man sleeping by my side. When I took a closer look, the same thing had happened: the man woke up very angry. Before this, I don't think I had ever remembered another dream from inside a dream.

Cielo
21st February 2010, 03:37 AM
December 29, 2009

Last night, I was dreaming and decided I did not like that dream one bit, so I thought to heck with it, it is just a dream and regular rules do not apply. As I walked through a wall in the dream, I came to in a trance state in bed, and found myself pushing against the physical boundaries to get out of my body. Unfortunately, it didn't work. It was as if I was caught inside this hard shell. Very frustrating.

I have been hoping to get out soon again. I have a few experiments I would like to try. I have these sticky notes on a door and some stuck to a whiteboard, and would like to see if I can tear them down.

OOBE?, December, 2009.

There were two pink fliers that I had taped to the inside of a door near the place where I was sleeping. These were notices from the management company that they were going to plow the parking lot and needed everyone to clear out their vehicles at a certain date and time. As I was waking up, I was located partially outside my body, about 1/2 meter above my body, and was stretching my right arm outwards, some 5 meters away. I was moving my hand through the door and tried to catch and move the fliers closer to me.

The hand was translucent, but I could see an outline and see movement inside the outline. I don't know if the fliers came closer, or if I was moving closer to the door. I tried 2-3 times, but was not having much success at it. What I was doing was intentional. I have a few things on a to-do list, one of those tasks was to see if I could actually move physical objects while in this state. I assume that trying to tug at the fliers was part of such an attempt.

When pulling on those fliers turned out to be a real flop, I got curious about what I might look like, which is yet another task on that to-do list. This curiosity was also caused by seeing what my arm looked like (translucent jello). As soon as I had that thought, I saw two blond women standing at the foot of the bed. They looked as if they overlapped. As if one was inside the other and one was about one inch outside of the other. Odd.

I got the strong impression that they were also me. But, then I felt such disbelief and got so dismayed by what I thought was just dream symbolism that I thought "heck, this is just a dream" and decided to fall asleep. I should have tried to communicate, I should have tried so many different things, and have really kicked myself for not trying out more stuff when I had the chance. The blondes looked normal and average except they had those same black bug eyes that the greys have. I thought they were me to such an extent that I started being critical about their hair color. Much later, I realized that what I saw could have been a visual representation of the "double," or my "double"

The next time I'm out, I plan to float over to a mirror and see if I can get a better look. I wonder if I can manipulate what I look like and transform back and fourth into a cloud, into a solid, and into something else. That would be useful stuff to know before I decide to venture out any further.

Cielo
21st February 2010, 03:45 AM
January 18, 2010

Last night I had a nightmare. The dream was not important. What happened after it is that I woke up and something or someone was in the room. I wanted to see what it was and looked around the room. I have seen hypnopomic imagery in the past (not a new thing), but could not see anything, not even a tiny, dark blotch.

Even though I could not see it, I could feel it, and whatever it was moved closer, until I could feel a tugging on my head (astral head, I guess, not actual head - again, also something that has happened before). I did my best to relax. I did not have sleep paralysis and that helped.

Then, something was poured (!) into and through my head from the crown and flowed down inside my chest. I did my best to calm my nerves. This pouring was accompanied by a slow/dull vibration. For a moment I thought for sure I would not be able to take anymore, that I was just about to freak out and run screaming for the door. I could sense where it was inside of the body, and it felt different, but not unpleasant.

I knew that if I tried to stop it that I would not get the chance to explore what this might have been. At least it didn't hurt. The only thing that is truly discomforting in this state/situation, whenever it has happened in the past, is that my thoughts feel different. It is like the normal internal dialogue is turned off, or feels weak somehow. The only thing that feels similar to it is to try to talk while feeling faint, where someone tries to say something and the only thing that comes out is a puff of air.

I don't know how long the first round lasted. At first I tried to communicate "hello! I'm so and so, who are you?" but got no response. Then, I hoped for the best, that what I felt were the vibrations (Robert Monroe), and tried some experimentation of my own, with very little success.

After some time, it stopped. I think I might have fallen asleep for awhile. Then, when I came to again, I was curious about what had happened, so I gathered up my nerves, and I asked this whatever it was to try it one more time. Less than a few seconds, it started up again. This time, it started much the same, but the 'whatever' that got poured in went as far down as to my knees (on the inside). Some moments passed, and I could feel a dull pain in my ankle, the ankle I hurt this summer. Strange. I have not felt that pain in about two months. It should have healed by now.

Sigh! It was such a disappointment. I managed to deal with the fear, wanted to actually see what was visiting, tried to communicate, and then nothing.

Cielo
21st February 2010, 03:58 AM
January 29, 2010.

I woke up (OOBE?) and saw an object floating above me to my right. It looked like a rectangle that contained two rows of circles. I did not count them, but would guess there were fewer than 8 circles per row. Each of the circles had a slit in the center and the space in that opening was adjusting back and fourth, and not in unison. I thought, it must be doing a self-test (diagnostic). Why I would think that I don't have a clue.

I saw a dark semi-transparent patch floating right above me. I said "Hi, are you going to let me know who you are this time?" but received no reply. I felt the same feeling on my scalp and arms that I did the first time I saw this "cloud." I relaxed and fell asleep. It was a bit like, "I trust you. Do what you gotta do."

Later, I saw what looked like a meteor shower and thought, "those are ships, jumping and arriving together in clusters." I think I saw this from the surface of a planet. I did not get a fix on the ships themselves (shape, size, occupants, etc.). But I have seen this sight once before many years ago. The sky was gray (daytime?) and I saw some clouds. The ships showed up in what looked like clusters of five, one group after another. I don't know if the ships were arriving or departing.

I became aware in a room and I was on top of what looked like a hospital bed/gurney. There were no other furniture in the room. [Section removed - saw an alien]. I assumed that I was seeing from someone else's eyes and got out of there. I just wish I would have taken the time to at least look at my hand or arm to find out if I was humanoid or something else.

When I started to wake up, I saw something that looked like a short entity with big black eyes at the foot of the bed. Not like the typical gray alien but a something that looked like a black smurf. Immediately, sleep paralysis set in. It felt like someone was holding down my head and my arms. I struggled to look and saw my husband floating in the kitchen. I thought that what I saw was an illusion to lure me into going back to sleep again. I got ticked off and said, "so you want to fight with me, do ya?" After a brief mental struggle, I snapped out of it, and woke up.

CFTraveler
21st February 2010, 04:02 AM
Do you often wake up to see ET-looking figures?

Cielo
21st February 2010, 04:23 AM
OK. I am pretty much caught up now.

Last night, I bought some new material about OOBEs. It's funny. This author mentions a mental trick that involves computer menus. It is one of those things that always strike me as amazing when I have had an experience in the past and then find material about just later on, almost as if I have talked with that person, or there is some sort of time loop that allows me to fetch the information from the future, when I need it.

Cielo
21st February 2010, 04:39 AM
Do you often wake up to see ET-looking figures?

Not really. Most of the few occasions are described in this thread. I much prefer to have OOBEs that are as close to the real world as possible.

Cielo
21st February 2010, 06:51 AM

Cielo
4th March 2010, 01:02 AM
Feb 27, 2010

I had a bunch of odd sensations before I went to sleep. It felt like static electricity and pressure against my upper back and against my lower legs. I also saw flickers of small, black spots out of the corner of my eye, but I figured they were probably just floaters. I have been sitting in front of the computer too much lately. I just brushed it off as vivid imagination.

Last night, I saw something during which could have been a mini-OOBE. It just did not make much sense. I knew I was in bed, and the surroundings looked liked much like they do when I am awake. The difference was these two 'things' that were floating above me.

These things looked like two dark-colored jackets, or some type of material, in the same color, that had been hung on two invisible pegs. Both were the same size and bulk, very much like two jackets or large towels. Both were stationary and about a foot above the body. Strange

I have no idea what it was that I saw. I didn't get much of an opportunity to investigate, because I could not remain lucid for more than a few seconds. At least something is starting to happen. I would much prefer if all OOBEs were as "real" as possible. Other than the possibility of talking with other OOBErs, I don't much care for dream imagery.

Later, this morning, I had a disturbing dream that was very similar to a dream I have had once before. I was standing near the front door. The door was open. A man suddenly walked right in and started going through some of my papers. I realized that he was probably out to steal my identity. I asked him to leave, but he was just frenetically peering around for something. Then, I woke up.

The dream intruder could have been one of the two men I saw during an astral vision experience. During the astral vision, I hallucinated with my eyes closed, opened up my eyes and the vision was gone, closed my eyes and was back to at same scene. I was able to repeat this about 2-3 times and could move at the same time. I was wide awake. This type of experience has only happened once.

The only thing unusual about the two men I saw in that vision, other than that they were creeping me out with some type of ritual that they were performing, was that both of them had odd eyes. The iris part consisted of 2 or 3 yellow concentrical rings. I didn't get a close look at the eyes or the face of this guy, though.

The dream intruder also reminded me of someone I saw in a store a few weeks ago. This man suddenly looked straight at me and asked, "Are you happy?" I looked back, smiled and said, "Yes, I am." Then, I scurried the heck away from him. Some people just don't 'feel' right.

That astral vision experience... if it were anything than just hallucination and the two men exist, I believe they just might be involved in some form of ritual magic. Shamans maybe. Witch doctors? I don't have a clue. One of them had painted something that looked a bit like huge glasses on his face with white paint.

If I "hallucinate" about them again, I hope they speak English, because I have a few questions :D

Cielo
4th March 2010, 01:05 AM
March 2, 2010

I became aware I was in my room and in sleep paralysis. I struggled to move my gaze and noticed that the room looked the same, that something was hovering over me like a dark cloud, and that I was not perceiving the room from where my physical body was located (!) "I" was perceiving from about a foot above and a foot to the left of the physical body. Huh! I didn't know that it is possible to have sleep paralysis during an OOBE. Although, I am not entirely sure that it was not just a dream, and this is a first, since all other such similar experiences, I was fairly certain it was not a dream.

As soon as I saw the blotch, the dream content or the state changed. In the dream that followed, I talked to a family member about what had just happened. For some reason, I told him that the episode made me think about a song by The Doors called Break on Through (how symbolic). I explained that the experience felt as yet another attempt to get through, but I don't know if "I" was trying to get through, out to somewhere else, or something/someone else was trying to get to where I was located.

I used to listen to The Doors when I was in my teens, but have not listened to any of their songs in a while now. This experience-- the emphasis on a song--reminds me of the two OOBEs I had in September and October last year. Both of those experiences were preceded by waking up up to the song Hotel California by the Eagles playing in my head, which is a song that I don't care for at all. Hmph! Maybe the astral plane has been thorougly polluted by '70s music. Or maybe... perhaps I should check the radio stations the next time it happens (?)

greytraveller
6th March 2010, 11:41 PM
Hallo Cielo
What well may have happened to you is that you had a very short OBE. At that time you were just outside and above your physical body and saw an entity or an unconscious energy near you. Then your astral awareness faded and you entered into a dream. A short, confusing OBE that "morphs" into a dream is a very common phenomena that happens to a lot of people. In fact your astral/ethereal body may still have been outside and apart from your physical body. Yet you could no longer accurately perceive images in the astral realm and could only see dream imagery.

Regards 8)
Grey

Cielo
7th March 2010, 06:06 AM
Hallo Cielo
What well may have happened to you is that you had a very short OBE. At that time you were just outside and above your physical body and saw an entity or an unconscious energy near you. Then your astral awareness faded and you entered into a dream. A short, confusing OBE that "morphs" into a dream is a very common phenomena that happens to a lot of people. In fact your astral/ethereal body may still have been outside and apart from your physical body. Yet you could no longer accurately perceive images in the astral realm and could only see dream imagery.

I suppose that's possible, that it was some sort of fading between the different states. Thanks greytraveller :)

Cielo
7th March 2010, 06:09 AM
March 6, 2010

Last night, I woke up because something was right next to the bed. I was very startled by it. It was almost as if the presence brought me out of sleep and quite abruptly at that. I was not in sleep paralysis, so I looked around, but I could not see anything unusual.

What was a bit unusual, however, is that this time I could sense the shape of this presence. In the past, when I have sensed someone visiting during an OOBE (when they are having the OOBE, not me), I can make out approximate appearance, age, basic personality, and if someone is communicating, I can sense mannerisms and such. Whatever has been visiting lately does not really appear that way at all.

I sensed somehow that "it" consisted of two shapes that were attached to one another. The two shapes were each rougly three feet tall and one to two feet wide. The section that connected them was maybe one foot by one foot. The whole thing was almost like a dumbbell or as if a cloud had been pinched a bit in the middle. One of the shapes was closer, less than an arm's length away, and the other shape a bit further away. How odd!

Shape-wise, this cloud reminded me of those floating jacket-looking things I saw and wrote about on this thread not too long ago (See previous page, this happened Feb. 27, 2010). If a cloud had engulfed both of those things then it might have had the same shape of whatever it was that I sensed last night. The other difference is that this time, instead of being in some type of partial OOBE or in a dream state, I was awake.

I was scared of it, so I did not try to communicate, and I definitely did not want it to show itself. I did not want to get up, because it was -right there-. I thought that if I did get up, that I might somehow accidentally brush against it. Since I did not know what else to do, I fell asleep (!). Sigh! Yet another lost opportunity to learn something new.

The fear level was about the same as the time when something woke me up and moved in through my skull (See previous page, this happened Jan. 18, 2010), and I could feel it move inside of my chest, and along the inside of my limbs. I don't know if this "visitor" was the same one. That time I was awake too, but I managed to control the fear, and I agreed to go along with whatever it was trying to accomplish because I was curious. Last night, though, I chickened out.

I wonder if these visits are actually my astral body returning and attempting to reintegrate.

Cielo
11th March 2010, 01:08 AM
I picked up a copy of Mastering Astral Projection at the bookstore today and plan to keep a record of my progress on this thread.
It's time to buckle down and get some results. I'm not so sure about the concept of shadow memories, but I will keep an open mind.

Cielo
13th March 2010, 10:07 PM
Wow. I'm already on the fourth day. I have been keeping up with the exercises so far, but should remember to listen to the affirmations.

I'm having some problems with the tactile visualizations. I think it might be because I have been so focused, for so many years, to try and disconnect the mind from the body, that I have trouble sensing my body that way. For some reason, using the sponge is easier to sense than the brush. While using the brush, I have to keep my eyes open to feel anything. But, with a little bit of practice, I should be able to figure it out.

March 11

The first morning, I could not remember any of my dreams. I woke up with the a Bjork song (Scatterheart) playing in my head. It bothered me to no end that I could not remember anything, not a single trace. I kept trying to remember all through out the day, using every conceivable method. I even asked myself for the information. But, nothing.

March 12

The second morning, I had access to more dream memories. Most of the dreams were very symbolic. One of the dreams was very similar to a book chapter from Altered States of Consciousness that I read the previous night. The article was "Psychedelic experiences associated with a novel hypnotic procedure, mutual hypnosis," by Charles T. Tart. Very interesting stuff. But, should probably stick to reading OOBE related material right before I go to sleep. Or, maybe read something about flying or sky diving.

March 13

This morning, I had an interesting dream in which I was actively changing variables and watching how these influenced my dreams. It was one of those dreams where everything seemed to make so much sense, all the answers were right there. I struggled to wake up, and knew I just had to write it down. I even reached a point where I was convinced that I had written it down in my dream journal--and stated this to another part of me, just to make that part of me who was nagging about it let the other part continue sleeping :D Very interesting. LOL. I basically lied to myself, because I was too tired to wake up. When I finally woke up fully, the details of that dream was gone and there was nothing in the dream journal. The other dreams were about shopping, spring cleaning, and reorganizing furniture.

March 14

This morning, I remembered much more of my dreams. I had only a line or two to write down for the first couple of days.

I woke up around 5:00 am and remembered a weird dream that was similar to that of the previous night. In the dream state, I was exploring the alien abduction phenomenon. I was going through three dreams that were related to states of consciousness. I explored the dreams and was surprised about the sensations and the level of lucidity. For some reason, it was important that I sleep on my right side for these dreams. I almost always sleep on my left side. Sadly, I can only remember a fragment of those three dreams, and it involved floating through a residential area.

When I woke up the first time, I heard a car in the parking lot outside. Its engine sounded a bit strange, so I peaked through the blinds and saw an unfamiliar car with tinted windows. It was running the engine and giving off an awful amount of exhaust. I closed the windows. In the dream that followed, I dreamt that I lived in a place where the residents were working for a trucking company. There were trucks loading pesticide right outside the buildings and a green liquid was oozing out all over the place. People were walking through it and children were playing nearby. The rest of the dreams were pretty much ordinary dreams. Nothing unusual or interesting to note, except that I remembered them the next morning.