PDA

View Full Version : What lies beyond Consciousness?

ButterflyWoman
13th March 2010, 03:50 PM
What is that from which Consciousness arises?

Tutor
13th March 2010, 04:55 PM
:idea:

Fogged
13th March 2010, 05:08 PM
Frankly, my dear friend, questions are eternal and so are answers. We can never know where we originated from. Never ever because one question will lead to the other and yet another and another... and we will be back at square one.

Tutor
13th March 2010, 05:24 PM
:idea:

wstein
15th March 2010, 04:46 AM
Potential, the possibility of something. I call them divine essences, aspects or separations of the undifferentiated ALL (divine). They allow for a type of something (the class not a specific individual one). They are not that 'thing', only the possibility of the 'thing' (term 'thing' used very loosely here). Consciousness itself is an expressed essence that allows a mixing/blending of these (other) essences in various configurations. Yet the essences within consciousness are still conceptual and lack form (existence). The essences allow for mixing of 'separated' parts of the divine without them reverting to unity of divine. Note that some essences are only potentials and remain unexpressed.

ButterflyWoman
15th March 2010, 05:36 AM
Potential, the possibility of something. I call them divine essences, aspects or separations of the undifferentiated ALL (divine). They allow for a type of something (the class not a specific individual one). They are not that 'thing', only the possibility of the 'thing' (term 'thing' used very loosely here). Consciousness itself is an expressed essence that allows a mixing/blending of these (other) essences in various configurations. Yet the essences within consciousness are still conceptual and lack form (existence). The essences allow for mixing of 'separated' parts of the divine without them reverting to unity of divine. Note that some essences are only potentials and remain unexpressed.
Yes. Yes, that's what I'm sensing. I can't conceptualise it, nor can I really put it into words, but the description you just gave has the right... vibe, I guess. The pointers are good, and they resonate with what I'm perceiving but cannot grasp.

And it seems that I can't conceptualise it is that by its very nature, it is un-conceptualised. Or something like that.

Thank you, W. :)

Neil Templar
15th March 2010, 09:14 AM
formless, unknowable potentials.

ButterflyWoman
15th March 2010, 09:42 AM
To know the unknowable?

CFTraveler
15th March 2010, 03:36 PM
What is that from which Consciousness arises? Nothing. :D

ButterflyWoman
16th March 2010, 03:09 AM
Yeah, I'm familiar with Nothing, which is not actually "nothing". But I'm unable to place that into context with this. Perhaps they are one and the same. Well, of course, they ARE. It all is.... Oi. This rabbit hole makes me dizzy. :P