PDA

View Full Version : Weird Time Skew

WearsTheFire
16th March 2010, 08:04 AM
[attachment=0:1yl414gw]books.jpg[/attachment:1yl414gw]

When my son was young we had a strong connection. Every night without fail he would wake up crying the instant I started to fall asleep. Like clockwork he would be in my bedroom relaying to me his nightmarish events. After calming him I would put him back in his bed and he would fall asleep.

There was a period of a few months when I researched serial killers through books I checked out from the public library. At the end of this time period I had to halt my course abruptly. From the books I began reading detailed segments of my son's night terrors three months Prior the event date.

I halted my course.

CFTraveler
16th March 2010, 01:50 PM
I had the same thing with my son- the minute I lay my head on the bed he would start crying. After months of this, I realized that if instead of thinking of how tired/etc. I felt, if I blanked my mind completely, he wouldn't wake up. He's the one who really taught me to meditate seriously, taught me to blank my mind.
Necessity is the mother.

Tutor
16th March 2010, 01:54 PM
amazing insight, true for everyone of us. is why i would not live in an apartment type dwelling or in a tightly packed neighborhood of individual housing units, or even a densely populated city.

WearsTheFire
16th March 2010, 09:21 PM
He's the one who really taught me to meditate seriously, taught me to blank my mind

I don't think I could blank my mind but how did my son have nightmares about what I would be reading in the future? It doesn't make sense. :?:

CFTraveler
16th March 2010, 09:36 PM
Who knows- He might have still been in the 'supralocal' state- where time and space is not like what we think- it's a tossup.

WearsTheFire
16th March 2010, 09:48 PM
He might have still been in the 'supralocal' state- where time and space is not like what we think- it's a tossup.

Thank you CFTraveler I'll look that up to see what that is.