PDA

View Full Version : STOP masturbating NOW.

WanderRA
21st March 2010, 06:34 PM
And never do it again. Never self pleasure.

The long term benefits of retaining sexual energy far outweigh the short buzz you get jerking off.

Google 'benefits of celibacy'

Though celibacy in my case is being a single person choosing to no longer masturbate. Its been nearly a month now, and Im feeling excellent.. increased energy, alertness, motivation, focus, My dreams have been almost congratulating me on this, suggesting it is been a beneficial move. If not for the overt symbolism my dreams have shown, the fact that they have been more vivid is also a good sign. ive no doubt that not ejaculating and conserving sexual energy goes a long way in strenghtening the subtle body.
My music and martial arts practise also have utilsed this excess energy to enhance my performance. I encourage you all to experiement with this if you are on the path of self cultivation. Infact ejaculation for the old Taosists was a big NO NO, and Brahmacharya (celibacy) is one of the fundamentals of yoga.

Again Im speaking from a single persons perspective here, and am suggesting ONLY that masturbation and ejaculation should be avoided. If your already in a relationship, well its up to you weather to research it further.

Heres 2 free Ebooks on the subject...

http://www.dlshq.org/download/brahma...#_Toc441557026

http://hariomgroup.net/hariombooks/s...ernalYouth.htm

Neil Templar
21st March 2010, 06:42 PM
hmmm... i'd rather suggest that folk regulate their activities, instead of stop altogether.
doesn't the little sperm factory just keep on producing the product?
what happens when the store-rooms are full up? :shock:
surely opening the floodgates from time to time is advisable? :wink:

and i'd guess that there is such a thing as too much sexual energy... :twisted:

tho in honesty, i've never really experimented with a long term abstinence on that front, so i'm only guessing here.
i think as in all things, what's good for one, may not be for another.

Tutor
21st March 2010, 07:46 PM
I suppose that it is certainly humanly possible to "STOP masturbating NOW".

this would seem to be about conservation of energies though, where in the mind there is a sense of lack in nonrecognition of abundance.

and as Neil said, what happens to the system which provides this ejaculatory release? an engorged prostate, speaking as a male, would certainly lead to incontinence. I know because i've endured an engorged prostate before, during a lengthy time of non-ejaculation in my mid thirtys.

i imagine that a healthy spiritual journey is one respective of all human attributes which provide one with the journey. self denial can in no way gather understanding of what a self is. being inclusive of the 'self', one therein arriving at an understanding, realizes their true nature of balance within all things lovingly considered.

we live in an age where the soul is in revolt against the bodily vessel, it wrestling to be free. yet, the soul must wrestle and in that purge outwardly that which is not blamable upon the body, that which on it's way out also purifies the bodily vessel; for this bodily vessel is not the inglorious prison which would hold one against their will; it is in point of fact that point wherein one may exact personal will; and without the body there is no place from which or within for the soul to have its being.

this soul is between a rock and a hard place, and though it has long despisingly recognized the hard place, it yet has not come to recognize the rock. that rock as substance from one endless substantiality, that mountain of consciousness which all remains to be within, which without neither could there be a hard place or bodily vessel.

as any realtor would say, "location, location, location". without location there is non-location. perhaps there are some whom view this non-location as the euphoric height of their destiny; yet why would a destiny lead to one becoming as nothing. that's hardly a destiny worth pursuing.

this whole game, often mislabeled as spiritual pursuit, is none other than a writhing well wished grasp for sovereignty that as a singular rock would think to claim a mountain of substantiality gifting all rocks.

such a pursuit is driven by self denial and ascetic rituals that would make profane the true discipleship that is by birthright to every human being. such pursuits would gather together behind cloistered walls to subject all whom may come to initiatory advancements.

this has served through time without argument, with chant that has held our common human cause toward peace. yet, if we but look, these cloistered bodies are aging out in an age inclusive to all.

the water pours for all, and all shall awaken as they are, arriving as they are for better or for worse, no matter; for every human is cut from the same mountainous origin, and in being so are worthy beyond worldy measures or timed out initiatory rituals.

it is a 'come free' for each in every of one. and in this time it may seem as if all is/are coming unhinged, because that is exactly what it is, the doors latched and locked in growing fear to be taken off at the very hinges.

an analogy would be as one driving down the four lane, and for miles they've had to pee, the sign coming up says 30 miles to the next rest stop, so they manage to hold their water till them; and then when the closeness of arrival is at hand the bladder having been pushed to it's ever lovin maximum now crys out for release, so the driver hurriedly pulls into the rest stop, gets out and runs for the restroom, barely gettin their pants open in time to give release to what has been in unreasonable discipline held too very long.

this is where we are, just having passed the sign, squirming about in our car seats trying to maintain some control.

for myself, i will stand as my self, it is good enough to be just as i am arriving. i will not bow down to any time honored traditions or ritualistic absurdities ever again. clearly the sign has been established, it saying "Ichabod" upon the whole global affair fleeced while we slept in our darkness.

what is you is yours, and what is yours is you. no time to turn back to see what might have been forgotten. the time is come to look forward and see what will be re-membered.

signs, signs, everywhere the signs....stop now and see the signs. time to pull over and take a long awaited release, a leak at the 'rest' stop.

tis a road without end, a way wherein we all are equally of.

tim

Tom
21st March 2010, 09:04 PM
From what I seem to recall, even the book "The Science of Getting Rich" talks about starting to conserve sexual energy in the thirties. It isn't about lack of abundance or some sort of sexual poverty consciousness.

CFTraveler
21st March 2010, 11:47 PM
http://www.4-men.org/masturbation-preve ... ancer.html (http://www.4-men.org/masturbation-prevents-prostate-cancer.html)

As everything, stopping doing something completely that is natural is not a balanced healthy way to live. Sexual expression is a natural part of being human, and denying yourself is not about health, or about purity, or about anything positive- it is about 'spiritual pride' and ego self-elevation.
Celibacy is not a natural way to live, and very few people (especially males) can follow it throughout their lives successfully without having something else make up for it- alcohol abuse or other types of outlets come to mind. Why do you think that child abuse is so rampant amongst priests?
In my opinion, any religious or social construct that tells you to deny a part of your natural life is about control of some sort.

Tom
22nd March 2010, 12:21 AM
Healthy sexuality is a good thing and I don't think anyone would suggest getting rid of it to be more spiritual. There is only a problem when sexual experience becomes compulsive or twisted in some way and it is not satisfying. In that case, it may be better to stop and break the cycle as a step toward fixing the problems. Once that is done, it is possible to resume a normal and natural sex life.

ButterflyWoman
22nd March 2010, 05:35 AM
Im speaking from a single persons perspective here, and am suggesting ONLY that masturbation and ejaculation should be avoided.
As I'm quite happily married and I don't ejaculate, I guess I don't need to worry about it. ;)

Korpo
22nd March 2010, 01:20 PM
I think this is a myth, the whole celibacy thing or the retaining of sperm or whatever.

BTW, the Daoists surely were not on one page about this. There is Daoist sexual Yoga that does not call for avoiding ejaculation at all. Like so many things it has a nice-sounding theory, but that does not make it true. (Or wrong.)

Oliver

Tutor
22nd March 2010, 05:30 PM
i wasn't aware that any book, or books, had written in them the manual for being human. makes no sense to quote 'books' here. this is about common sense that frees the human to be.

each to his/her own, yet in that, the question remains, is each doing in and of their own; or are they allowing someone else's ideology to define every feeling that they may express. to express takes investment of energy.

anywho, it seems pointless to pursue this topical debate without the lubricant of common sense applied. pun intended.

looking at my above reply! my goodness...I do go on. :oops:

:wink:

dreamosis
22nd March 2010, 06:11 PM
Just a thought, but it might be good practice to try to maintain dream awareness and keep up energy work, while you are sexually active (through masturbation or otherwise).

Of course it's easier to recall dreams or access subtle abilities while you're celibate: you have more energy available. But you might be in a situation one day where you have less energy available to you due to something besides sexual activity -- like illness or physical injury. What I'm saying is, wouldn't it be good practice to try to maintain higher awareness and develop abilities while you are energetically taxed? If your awareness and abilities depend on big, free reserves of energy, what will happen you find yourself sapped?

Awareness and abilities do depend on having lots of energy, but not totally so.

Also, it could be that the sharpness and vitality felt from refraining from sex has a mostly physical basis. Couldn't it be a spike in sex hormones that make you feel so vital? I believe testosterone levels rise in men when they refrain from ejaculating (not that testosterone is lost in ejaculation). Higher testosterone might be correlated in some way to subtle awareness.

This is such a personal thing. Personally, I feel happier and much more relaxed if I ejaculate regularly. Well, that's somewhat true. If I orgasm regularly -- which, for me, includes ejaculating. I have noticed a connection between low sexual activity and increased higher awareness -- but I see a much, much stronger connection between concentration and hard work and increased higher awareness than I do between having high energy and higher awareness.

CFTraveler
22nd March 2010, 07:11 PM
i wasn't aware that any book, or books, had written in them the manual for being human. makes no sense to quote 'books' here. this is about common sense that frees the human to be.

anywho, it seems pointless to pursue this topical debate without the lubricant of common sense applied. pun intended.

:wink: Hahahhahahahahahhhahaha!!! I loved it.

WanderRA
22nd March 2010, 08:13 PM
I appreciate the replies folks.. and my OP was really in regards to being single, I think being in a loving relationship is balancing enough to give you all the energy you need.

But my experience tells me that as a single person I can either-

1) masturbate and suffer depleted energy (symptoms of which are easier to recognise after a long period of abstinence) weaker dreams, less bounce in my step and having trouble looking hot girls in the eye.

2) not masturbate and experience all the positive benefits I described in my OP.

boris
22nd March 2010, 08:20 PM
I've just upped by daily masturbation routine to 10 sets of 300 reps and my visualisation skills are coming on no end.

dreamosis
22nd March 2010, 09:53 PM
weaker dreams, less bounce in my step and having trouble looking hot girls in the eye.

What do you mean by "weaker dreams" exactly? In what way are your dreams stronger when you don't masturbate? Could it be that your memories of your dreams are just vivider and more complete? Just wondering.

As far as bounce in your step and looking girls in the eye...again, I just think this thing is so personal. Of course I've felt tired before from masturbating, but generally I'd have to say that I'm more relaxed after orgasm (and the flood of endorphins) and have more bounce and, I'd say, feel more confident around women. It's just so personal. Also -- not to segue too far into non-energy-related stuff -- but not all ejaculation is created equal. Sometimes my orgasms are deep and blinding and I get a mighty endorphin rush; sometimes ejaculation is unremarkable -- more like a sneeze. Those type of small-or-no-orgasm ejaculations are more tiring for me. It depends on how I do it, the state of my body and mind.

Tiny
23rd March 2010, 01:45 AM
Dear folks,

I've always tried to stop but the temptation has simply been too big. And it is actually easy to shape off but the temptation is simply big.
it is especially big after 10-20 minutes of energy work based meditation when some of the energy collected is beginning to express in sexual ways. The more energy work I would do throughout the day, the more I would feel tempted to masturbate during or after.

One thing is for sure to me, sleep deprivation (even staying up 4-6 hours longer than one should) is much worse in comparison. Sleep deprivation will truely deprive you and your reserve storages from energy.
Napping after a meditation often also ends up bad. Apparently there are energy pirates at the gates of sleep looking for those unusual cases of entering the sleep world while they have a lot of energy and then they work to exploit them by messing up their dreams and such.
I think masturbation can't compare to both of these on the scale in terms of energy loss.
In fact I think that 10 minutes of energy work could probably replenish the energy loss from a recent masturbation. There are even some who claim that you can't OBE for as much as a week after a masturbation session.
I think unwanted excess energy should be easily expelled by means of an activated crown chakra, so there's no need to masturbate it off.

kind regards,

Paul

Palehorse Redivivus
23rd March 2010, 02:25 AM
I've just upped by daily masturbation routine to 10 sets of 300 reps and my visualisation skills are coming on no end.

*dies, twice* :lol:

Alaskans
26th March 2010, 12:17 AM
It is crazy to say that you dont loose energy from it. How could it be possible that you do not? Certainly we all agree on that.

It feels wrong to say negative things about anything, masterbating as well. That is because it is wrong. Far worse than the energy lost in ejaculation is any negative ideas or guilt about it. I should know, I've lived under the tyranical shadow of such ideas most of my life. Therefore it is best to strip away all negative conceptions of an act so that we can see the raw, basic truth of it. Even then, we can change the usual order of things; we can reclaim the energy, or not expell it in the first place.

Celibacy is not a natural way to live
Humans, dolphins, and (maybe) monkeys are the only creatures who orgasm for fun.

very few people (especially males) can follow it throughout their lives successfully without having something else make up for it- alcohol abuse or other types of outlets come to mind. Why do you think that child abuse is so rampant amongst priests?
I would say less than 1% of males outside of a monestary can successfully accomplish real celebacy.
Celebacy is a priveledge, not a requirement, neccecity, or path to enlightenment. NOBODY can EVER be forced into it, be it by others or the celebate himself.
There is only one way to be celebate: to recognise and accept that sexuality is part of you, and (most essential) you simply do not care about sexuality. Total sexual apathy.
This doesnt sound like a good thing to some, but it is. Sexuality finds a new path, it is transformed and expressed in other, less physical, and more benevolent ways. I will not go into it because it will seem I am saying sexuality is a bad thing. Infact, sexuality never goes away, it is only that in true celebacy one is apathetic to its lower forms, allowing it to surface in other ways.

CFTraveler
26th March 2010, 01:43 AM
Humans, dolphins, and (maybe) monkeys are the only creatures who orgasm for fun. I am not sure how that follows what I said- the sexual impulse is universal amongst animals that use sexual reproduction, no one is talking about sex for fun. And, BTW, Bonobo chimpanzees orgasm 'for fun', to use the phrase you chose.

But that is unrelated to what I said. Celibacy is not natural for animals, and even animals that only mate twice a year, are following their instinct- their natural instinct- and the human being's instinct is to have sex all year, not seasonally, simply because the human female does not go into season, the human female is sexually available all year -which is why we get periods every month, and not 'heat', like other animal females.

The fact is that animals not only use sex for reproduction, some animals use it for social control also- wolves, who function in a tiered society, where only the alpha male and the alpha female are allowed to mate, lions, and other animals, such as the bonobo chimps that use it for recreation and as rewards for peaceful behavior- social control.

To say that masturbation indicates some 'perverse desire for fun', is to be short sighted and frankly, judgmental, and that may be the only characteristic that separates us from the rest of the animals.

ButterflyWoman
26th March 2010, 05:35 AM
I also have to wonder what, precisely, is wrong with having fun, anyway? Most other kinds of "fun" (going on a roller coaster, watching a movie, eating something with little nutritional value but lots of deliciousness, and on and on) are not singled out for being "unspiritual". What is it about masturbation that makes it so special?

I've been celibate, by choice. I've also been monogamous (am now), polyamorous, promiscuous, and various other shades and labels regarding sexual behaviour. While I do certainly understand that preoccupation with sex (including masturbation) can be a drain on one's time and energy and divert one's focus, preoccupation with pretty much anything can do that. I don't really see why masturbation (or, indeed, sex) is singled out as a distraction.

In my experience, it's only a problem if it's a problem.

Alaskans
26th March 2010, 09:24 AM
phew abnormal amount of defensiveness :P
Just giving wandererRA's view a chance and offering an alternate viewpoint, it shouldnt be automaticly dismissed without further discussion. This is a topic I've gone over in my mind for 10 years.

and the human being's instinct is to have sex all year, not seasonally, simply because the human female does not go in season, the human female is sexually available all year -which is why we get periods every month Good point.

no one is talking about sex for fun. >confused look< It's not because we decide we like it?

I've been celibate, by choice. I've also been monogamous (am now), polyamorous, promiscuous, and various other shades and labels regarding sexual behaviour. While I do certainly understand that preoccupation with sex (including masturbation) can be a drain on one's time and energy and divert one's focus, preoccupation with pretty much anything can do that. I don't really see why masturbation (or, indeed, sex) is singled out as a distraction.
I, on the other hand, have only experienced one of those. I value your insight and trust you know much more about it than me. (I dont single it out, its just one of countless 'distractions' I give up)

When I asked if I should follow through with my sacrafice I got (rider) the 5 of cups(body/present), death(mind/future), then 3 of wands(soul/outcome).. thats one, very clear, opinion.

I do not see the value of finding a lover without if I have not found one within. And to need is to be unfulfilled. But perhaps you can share your wisdom and provide me death.

Why isnt sharing energy with someone good enough? Isnt the balancing and learning between male/female, and the life energy created the point of their interaction? I want to hear why such intolerance for the idea of living without physical sex/masterbation.

Korpo
26th March 2010, 10:20 AM
When I asked if I should follow through with my sacrafice I got (rider) the 5 of cups(body/present), death(mind/future), then 3 of wands(soul/outcome).. thats one, very clear, opinion. I do not see the value of finding a lover without if I have not found one within. And to need is to be unfulfilled. But perhaps you can share your wisdom and provide me death. Why isnt sharing energy with someone good enough? Isnt the balancing and learning between male/female, and the life energy created the point of their interaction? I want to hear why such intolerance for the idea of living without physical sex/masterbation.

Why such "intolerance" both ways, actually... There's no black-and-white answer here, I'd say.

Some people have a natural tendency for celibacy and some for companionship. I'd say that this is because they learn different lessons in this particular lifetime.

One prefers to be as "undistracted" as possible and choses this lifestyle basically before birth, and can run with it. This kind of people feel the pressure of society to conform to the "norm" until they overcome it and then basically are content with the celibate experience.

Other people prefer to learn about companionship in many facets, and may be enhancing it later on in ways which are as of yet inaccessible for most. Such a person cannot really be celibate, but is also ill-served if accepting society standards about how relationships and sex should be.

But this is about how one is basically constructed, down at very deep level, in one particular lifetime. Just as you have no control over the fact if you are gay, hetero, bisexual, asexual or whatever deep down - each is tailored for creating certain lessons and experiences.

On the other hand, I still think the whole concept of "sexual alchemy" is way overblown and has little relevance. The little body energy that is given away by ejaculating or whatever is in my opinion really insubstantial. Else you would feel literally and strongly drained. Your body would tell you, it knows best. Strangely enough most bodies benefit from orgasms energetically and don't mind the "loss" much.

What people rather might feel if they feel a loss is the possible energy drain by feeling they have to act certain ways, by involving themselves with certain partners who take their energy, and so on. I'm talking mainly about emotional and mental energies here.

And this is where it from my point of view gets really interesting, not with the spoonful that the "alchemists" are so obsessed about. When masturbation happens from an obsession, compulsion or extreme fetish, I would be wondering about what it does to the mental and emotional health, or better - I would wonder what it says about the mental and emotional health of the person involved. It's more like an outward symbol of what's going on inside. Why the compulsion or obsession?

Then again, I think it's pretty normal (for those who feel the need) in most cases.

Oliver

CFTraveler
26th March 2010, 01:39 PM
it shouldnt be automaticly dismissed without further discussion. This is further discussion. All points of view should be considered, but if they are not based on fact, that has to be brought to light also. Why defensiveness? Because I live in a society that has perverted sex to such extent (and when I mean perverted, I mean assigned 'dirty' value to it while at the same time used to market other things) that it has caused all kinds of social problems, pornography and STDs to name a few.

If we lived in a society that views sexuality for what it is, normal and natural, and masturbation for what it is, a safe release that keeps you from making mistakes (like marrying for sex or having sex with the wrong person) a lot of families that are divorced would still be together.
If sex were viewed as what it is, a normal biological impulse, it wouldn't be given such importance, and advertisers wouldn't be able to use it to sell products.
If celibacy weren't viewed as a 'badge of honor', there would be a lot less priests molesting children, or less pedophiles would become priests to have access to them in the first place.
I could go on and on, but you get the picture.

The best way to assign false importance to anything is to make it taboo- and a strong impulse like the sex impulse has been used exactly for that- deny it and people crave it. Then channel that need it for your own control purposes. How many cults have we seen that do exactly just that?

Self control is really a good thing for anyone- but self denial makes you a prime candidate to be someone else's puppet. In that way you are right, Alaskans, being celibate is something that a 'special' few can do successfully and not become something else than what was desired- so it's only for a select few.

But for most people, self denial means- don't do this, do what I say instead.

ButterflyWoman
26th March 2010, 01:52 PM
phew abnormal amount of defensiveness
I'm not defensive. I can, of course, be considered abnormal. And I really do wonder what the big deal is with masturbation.

it shouldnt be automaticly dismissed without further discussion.
In what way do you consider this ongoing thread to be "not discussing"? :P :D :lol:

I dont single it out, its just one of countless 'distractions' I give up
That's fair enough.

I do not see the value of finding a lover without if I have not found one within.
Again, that's fair enough. I have no issue with celibacy. I'm sorry if it came across that way.

Why isnt sharing energy with someone good enough?
What's that got to do with masturbation? Seriously, maybe I'm confused (happens with regularity), but I don't see the connection.

I want to hear why such intolerance for the idea of living without physical sex/masterbation.
I don't have an intolerence. You can touch or not touch your body parts as you wish. You can also choose not to eat meat. You can choose to shave your head. You can go and live in the desert and subsist on locusts and honey. You can do whatever you like, and if you have reasons for choosing those things, well, more power to you.

I just don't think that masturbation is especially harmful in a general way, and I don't think it's got much to do with spirituality one way or the other, unless it's something that's distracting or obsessive. That was pretty much my only point, and I intended it to be lighthearted. I know it's easy to get mistaken in plain text, and I do apologise if I came across all stern, but, honestly, it's not as serious as all that.

I wonder how anyone could read outrage or intolerance into what I wrote? There was no such intention.

Neil Templar
26th March 2010, 02:02 PM
i once knew a guy who so strongly believed in conserving his energy that he would swallow all his fluid after ejaculating, every time. :shock: :lol:

i hope he carried mouthwash with him at all times!! :lol: :lol: :P

Neil Templar
26th March 2010, 02:04 PM
i'm sorely tempted to start another thread now -
START masturbating NOW!!! :lol:

but i won't, for the sake of those browsing the forum who've missed this delightful discourse. :D :P

what fun!!! :lol:

CFTraveler
26th March 2010, 02:08 PM
:D
This thread is turning into 'the gift that keeps on givin'.

Ouroboros
26th March 2010, 02:40 PM
I have found this discourse to be quite enlightening - please keep the posts coming.

turbulenceadams
26th March 2010, 02:47 PM
i once knew a guy who so strongly believed in conserving his energy that he would swallow all his fluid after ejaculating, every time. :shock: :lol:

i hope he carried mouthwash with him at all times!! :lol: :lol: :P

No way! Well at least he was getting his potassium and zinc intake.

WanderRA
26th March 2010, 03:14 PM
To put it in other words.. having been nearly a month now without ejaculating, if you want more energy, focus, clearer/more vivid dreams, hightened focus/meditation.. stop masturbating. It matters not what is natural.. if you stop masturbating.. you may feel these benefits aswell.. as someone wisely said we are all different. Ive taken to this path cos I am always seeking new ways to increase my energy.
Other examples include.. not drinking/smoking, no fizzy drinks, eating raw food/ green smoothies, regular excersise/meditation. Next on the list is to give up sugar. Thats the big one. the big one behind all other addictions imo..

Alaskans
26th March 2010, 10:34 PM
I like it, this discussion helps give me a form, though I see it is soon over.

I don't have an intolerence. You can touch or not touch your body parts as you wish. You can also choose not to eat meat. You can choose to shave your head. You can go and live in the desert and subsist on locusts and honey. You can do whatever you like, and if you have reasons for choosing those things, well, more power to you.
I just don't think that masturbation is especially harmful in a general way, and I don't think it's got much to do with spirituality one way or the other, unless it's something that's distracting or obsessive. That was pretty much my only point, and I intended it to be lighthearted. I know it's easy to get mistaken in plain text, and I do apologise if I came across all stern, but, honestly, it's not as serious as all that.
I wonder how anyone could read outrage or intolerance into what I wrote? There was no such intention
Hehe I love you :D Dont worry, I knew, I am good at reading people. What I write is usually precicely formulated for a reason.

The little body energy that is given away by ejaculating or whatever is in my opinion really insubstantial. Else you would feel literally and strongly drained. Your body would tell you, it knows best. Some do get substantially drained. Depends on the person, how grounded they are (the more grounded, the less drained for me), if they have a neg, what they believe the effects are, etc.

i once knew a guy who so strongly believed in conserving his energy that he would swallow all his fluid after ejaculating, every time. :shock: :lol: This is a little off track from the feel of the thread perhaps; The energy can be reclaimed, but it will go back to where it came from.
There are 3 substances in semen. It is only the milky fluid excreated from the prostate that is energeticly charged. And according to science, it is that fluid that gives sperm life and movement. Women have a similar substance that does the same thing.

it shouldnt be automaticly dismissed without further discussion. This is further discussion. Is now :wink:

If sex were viewed as what it is, a normal biological impulse, it wouldn't be given such importance, and advertisers wouldn't be able to use it to sell products.
If celibacy weren't viewed as a 'badge of honor', there would be a lot less priests molesting children, or less pedophiles would become priests to have access to them in the first place.
I could go on and on, but you get the picture. Please go on! I knew there was good reasoning behind your strong feelings.

(unrelated to previous posts)
I have money and items in my posession, I worked for it, but I dont own a thing, I only look after it, it is a higher form of the vow of poverty. In the same way you can have sex or masterbate and still be 'celebate', though you dont spend thought and effort chasing it, it is a childlike state of mind. However, this means you probably wont know when someone wants to have sex with you. I often misinterpret 'lets have sex' eyes as 'I love you' eyes.

Of course it is a normal biological response. We have many of those. But I'm not going to let a sack of mud make the decisions for me. It will either believe what I believe or not and be left behind when I die. Thats for each molecule to decide.
We need water. Sounds good. We're hungry. Lets eat then. I agree to some things.
If my body wants to go to a barnyard orgy but I dont see the value in it, its free to walk there itself :)

CFTraveler
26th March 2010, 10:50 PM
Like I said, it's not for everyone, may be for you.

dreamosis
26th March 2010, 10:51 PM
Ive taken to this path cos I am always seeking new ways to increase my energy.
Other examples include.. not drinking/smoking, no fizzy drinks, eating raw food/ green smoothies, regular excersise/meditation...

Have you been doing these other things for the last month? Cutting out sodas, eating raw, getting regular exercise, etc.?

WanderRA
26th March 2010, 11:12 PM
Ive taken to this path cos I am always seeking new ways to increase my energy.
Other examples include.. not drinking/smoking, no fizzy drinks, eating raw food/ green smoothies, regular excersise/meditation...

Have you been doing these other things for the last month? Cutting out sodas, eating raw, getting regular exercise, etc.?

no not in the last month. Its a gradual and ongoing thing. its more of an upward spiralling movement of personal evolution.
Work on the most hindering of your habits. Smoking was first, a few years ago. it took me a while to quit that. Then was starting to excersise often, quitting alcohol which was easy. Raw was something I heard Robert mention before anyone then I read David Wolfes 'sunfood diet success system' which is one of the best books Ive ever read. Id go so far as to say its a modern day bible, with more of the personal empowerment and less of the 'you are smaller than god' stuff. But if your goona go raw, by a blender first and experiment with smoothies. I just had a pint of pure orange juice, you cant drink store bought stuff after that.

Work on the thing which impedes you most. slowly but surely you become that which you want to be. My motives for conserving my sexual energy were to fuel my creative pursuits and avoid the 'drained' feeling after ejaculating.

Palehorse Redivivus
27th March 2010, 12:45 AM
Every time I see this thread title I can't help but picture something like a nun walking in on some poor guy in his bedroom... :P :lol:

Just for an alternate view from someone who's actually gone the "semi-militant celibacy" route and lived to regret it...

Years ago I decided that having a healthy sex drive was "too much of a liability"; too many ways it could go badly, or be used for manipulation, and I bought into this "conservation of sex energy" line of reasoning, so I'd just train myself not to want or seek it. Of course, the plan was to gain more "control" so I could want sex if and when it was going to be beneficial, and otherwise put that energy and focus into other things without being distracted by horniness.

After a while of doing what I thought was "getting disciplined," my sex drive AND my inspiration and drive to be creative dropped off rapidly at around the same time, and didn't come back. At the time I figured it was a good thing that I wasn't being driven by the wrong head, but also didn't connect it to the fact that life lost a lot of its "color" and my inspiration for creative projects, which had once been a huge part of my life, was all but gone as well.

What I found eventually was that my sex drive, and its energy body component, simply fragmented off to seek expression elsewhere, which means I not only didn't have access to the literal physical sex drive, I lost a lot of other functions (I have a strong hunch that manifestation is also tied in here) and had no noticeable "boost" in any area. I've since gotten it all back, but it took a lot of fragment reintegration (and first learning about what frag integration is, and how to do it) to get there.

Current position: the whole "conservation of sex energy" idea is pretty much a myth instituted to enforce religious morality, to create a fictional reason to place arbitrary regulations on sex at the point where "because God says so" ceases to be convincing. Just a matter of replacing one boogeyman story with a more sophisticated one, and a subtle way to reinforce the artificial separation of the masculine and feminine. I s'pose if you strongly believe that sex or masturbation is depleting your energy, your e-body will simulate this by taking in less energy or "springing a leak", but there is no inherent correlation there.

My observation has been that after regaining my fragmented aspects and getting rid of all beliefs on the subject, being sexually active, whether solo or as a joint effort, does not decrease some sort of "sexual energy bank" and does not decrease the amount of energy, inspiration or ability to be active and productive in other areas. If anything it may even increase it, in the same sense that exercising one's muscles improves their strength, circulation and energy flow. My impression is that hoarding sex energy works in principle like hoarding other things -- it ultimately leads to stagnation and loss.

On the subject of "fun" I've also gotten to the point of seeing it as important enough to recognize it as a "universal principle," a prominent part of my cosmology, alongside things like wisdom, love, power and sovereignty. As far as I'm concerned fun and playfulness is neither frivolous nor incompatible with "more important" pursuits -- finding creative ways to incorporate it into more aspects of life helps to greatly facilitate aspects including but not limited to learning, productivity and spiritual discipline.

Is it "virtuous" to be able to get through various pursuits and practices via discipline and sheer force of will alone? I used to be all about that and am certainly no stranger to that MO, but at this point I'm unconvinced that it's the best way to achieve the usually stated goals.

ButterflyWoman
27th March 2010, 02:39 AM
i once knew a guy who so strongly believed in conserving his energy that he would swallow all his fluid after ejaculating, every time.
I knew a guy who routinely swallowed his own semen, but it had nothing to do with energy. He was just a little pervy like that. :twisted:

ButterflyWoman
27th March 2010, 03:10 AM
What I found eventually was that my sex drive, and its energy body component, simply fragmented off to seek expression elsewhere, which means I not only didn't have access to the literal physical sex drive, I lost a lot of other functions (I have a strong hunch that manifestation is also tied in here) and had no noticeable "boost" in any area. I've since gotten it all back, but it took a lot of fragment reintegration (and first learning about what frag integration is, and how to do it) to get there.
That's really interesting. I have a rather absurdly amusing mental image of your poor old sex drive slinking away to get into mischief without your conscious awareness, but that's just my sense of humour. ;)

I've had periods of involuntary celibacy, i.e., what most people would consider a "dry spell", and I've had periods where I was celibate by choice. In neither case did I experience any particular spiritual benefits, though I will say that it was interesting to see just how distracting sex could be to me (that's not really an issue for me any more; when I was a younger woman, I was very highly uhm... motivated ;)).

The thing that put sex in its proper place in my life was not celibacy, though, it was just basic maturing. Physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually, as I matured and developed a more balanced life, the sexual components settled into a healthy place with appropriate expression.

Current position: the whole "conservation of sex energy" idea is pretty much a myth instituted to enforce religious morality, to create a fictional reason to place arbitrary regulations on sex at the point where "because God says so" ceases to be convincing. Just a matter of replacing one boogeyman story with a more sophisticated one, and a subtle way to reinforce the artificial separation of the masculine and feminine. I s'pose if you strongly believe that sex or masturbation is depleting your energy, your e-body will simulate this by taking in less energy or "springing a leak", but there is no inherent correlation there.
I would tend to agree with that. I have not seen or experienced any correlation between sex and spiritual energy, although when I was young and promiscuous I was almost certainly scattering my energy hither and yon (in more ways than just sexual). I attribute that to lack of consciousness and awareness, though.

Also consider that the "conservation of sexual energy" theory seems to be applied almost exclusively to males (i.e., the clear association of spiritual energy with semen). That's something to consider when assessing the theory.

My observation has been that after regaining my fragmented aspects and getting rid of all beliefs on the subject, being sexually active, whether solo or as a joint effort, does not decrease some sort of "sexual energy bank" and does not decrease the amount of energy, inspiration or ability to be active and productive in other areas.
Yes, that's also my observation and experience.

As far as I'm concerned fun and playfulness is neither frivolous nor incompatible with "more important" pursuits -- finding creative ways to incorporate it into more aspects of life helps to greatly facilitate aspects including but not limited to learning, productivity and spiritual discipline.
Absolutely. I couldn't have said it better. (Well, maybe if I'd poured a bowl of custard on my head while saying it. That could be considered playful, I think. ;))

Palehorse Redivivus
27th March 2010, 04:19 AM
That's really interesting. I have a rather absurdly amusing mental image of your poor old sex drive slinking away to get into mischief without your conscious awareness, but that's just my sense of humour. ;)

You think you're kidding... but it actually did! :shock: Without going into too much detail, that aspect of myself actually did visit at least two people that I'm aware of, without my awareness or having any conscious input at all until they told me (and one of them actually used this to help facilitate sending it back in my direction, which is how it reintegrated). Neither knew about the other and both happened in pretty much the same way -- the people involved were sensitive enough to get a sense of my energy signature and personality, asked if I was "doing that on purpose," and it was mutually discovered what was actually happening. Fortunately it did retain enough of my personality to be good natured and respectful of boundaries, but did also lack most of my inhibitions (at the time anyway... that aspect and the rest of me have since met somewhere in the middle and more toward his end on the subject of inhibitions, or I probably wouldn't even be talking about this). There was a few years between the time I'd say it fragmented off and when I first heard of someone's encounter, so I presume he was active doing lord knows what (or who) in the meantime, and the fact that I was gradually moving in that direction probably brought it back into resonance and proximity. In any case we decided to name it "Jon Juan." :lol:

I've had periods of involuntary celibacy, i.e., what most people would consider a "dry spell", and I've had periods where I was celibate by choice. In neither case did I experience any particular spiritual benefits, though I will say that it was interesting to see just how distracting sex could be to me (that's not really an issue for me any more; when I was a younger woman, I was very highly uhm... motivated ;)).

I did want to add that I don't think an occasional dry spell or decision to focus more on other things for a while, would cause the sort of situation I had. Mine started more as an emphatic "putting foot down" moment of viewing sex drive-as-liability and doing the only thing I knew to do about it at the time, though I would say that me at that time reminds me a lot of the spirit in which this thread was started, so I figured a fair warning may be warranted there. The experience was valuable in that I was able to examine the sexual component from the perspective of separating it out, seeing what was lost, and how things changed having it back... but like a lot of things I've done or had done to myself, I'm pretty sure there are better ways it could've been played.

I would tend to agree with that. I have not seen or experienced any correlation between sex and spiritual energy, although when I was young and promiscuous I was almost certainly scattering my energy hither and yon (in more ways than just sexual). I attribute that to lack of consciousness and awareness, though.

It seems like the usual MO is to separate "physical stuff" from "spiritual stuff" and view them in conflict -- I've come to think there may be something to be said for putting a bit more spirituality into sexuality, and vice versa. As my experience seems to bear out -- sexual impulses don't just originate with the physical body and brain, they originate with part of the energy body, specifically the lower chakras, and I really don't see why we should consider one chakra "spiritual" and another "unspiritual." I also found that when I started thinking in terms similar to the usual "manifestation philosophy," where if I'm actually needing and using lower chakra energy in more areas, whether for actual sex or various other things, then the e-body is capable of raising and generating enough for the whole range of needs that I can throw at it once it gets acclimated, as long as I'm not restricting it with excessive moralizing or beliefs about needing to shut down one thing to fulfill another. I think if we view it in reverse the absurdity becomes more apparent -- would you make sure to refrain from painting, making music or astral projecting a few days before a hot date to make sure you were able to perform? :P

Absolutely. I couldn't have said it better. (Well, maybe if I'd poured a bowl of custard on my head while saying it. That could be considered playful, I think. ;))

You totally should, though I think the aftermath would be a lot less of an ordeal for you at this point. :P (And just to keep things on topic... that's also one of the most hilarious fetishes evar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wet_and_messy_fetishism).)

ButterflyWoman
27th March 2010, 07:01 AM
In any case we decided to name it "Jon Juan."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It seems like the usual MO is to separate "physical stuff" from "spiritual stuff" and view them in conflict -- I've come to think there may be something to be said for putting a bit more spirituality into sexuality, and vice versa.
Yes, I think so, too, and have some experience with that. To quote Leonard Cohen:

And remember when I moved in you
The holy dove was moving too
And every breath we drew was Hallelujah

sexual impulses don't just originate with the physical body and brain, they originate with part of the energy body, specifically the lower chakras, and I really don't see why we should consider one chakra "spiritual" and another "unspiritual."
I don't really buy into the whole "spiritual" versus "unspiritual" thing any more. The body and its impulses are expressions of the same Consciousness that expresses as bliss and compassion and everything else that can be experienced. For me, there is no longer any separation between the Divine and the Not-Divine.

You totally should, though I think the aftermath would be a lot less of an ordeal for you at this point. :P
Yes! Since I shaved my head, I'm much more spiritual AND it's easier to wash off custard. ;)

Alaskans
27th March 2010, 07:57 AM
Maybe you needed to focus more on 'white magic' (work, whatever you call it) using your energy to adjust people, clear up confusion, answer prayers, 'save the world' or whatever is a good deed at your level of understanding. If im not ejaculatin' I need to be workin', nearly all day, (backbreaking, but challenging and fun pushing your limits). Just distraction from distractions? Maybe, seems like a good waste of time though. Hmm.. yes.. I miss the challenge. Gettin lazy..- soon to change. Luckily I dont cause disaster.. often.

You think you're kidding... but it actually did! :shock: Without going into too much detail, that aspect of myself actually did visit at least two people that I'm aware of, without my awareness or having any conscious input at all until they told me

If my body wants to go to a barnyard orgy but I dont see the value in it, its free to walk there itself :)
I wasnt speaking literally :shock: foot in mouth?
Been a pleasure playing the aggrivator to stir up this conversation. Saved me from decades of hot sex. Such advanced beings nowdays, they continually amaze me at my ignorance. (And immaturity too?!)

ButterflyWoman
27th March 2010, 08:32 AM
Such advanced beings nowdays, they continually amaze me at my ignorance. (And immaturity too?!)
If you see any advanced beings around here, be sure to send them my way. I'd like to ask them a thing or two. ;)

Though, since I shaved my head, I'm sure I'm well on the way to enlightenment, myself, as soon as I finish up these locusts and honey. And get the custard off my head.

Tutor
27th March 2010, 02:49 PM
I don't really buy into the whole "spiritual" versus "unspiritual" thing any more. The body and its impulses are expressions of the same Consciousness that expresses as bliss and compassion and everything else that can be experienced. For me, there is no longer any separation between the Divine and the Not-Divine.

Halleluia!

star
27th March 2010, 04:49 PM
My ADD is killing me right now, I almost forgot to read the OP's original post before posting.

The idea behind retention is that the MALE body uses up so much energy every day in sperm production, and in TCM and Tai Chi Chuan... Some QiGong instructors will teach retention as a means to conserve sexual energy and the bodies vitality. It depends on your approach, and yes, retention will bring a person more vitality. It isn't as though it is needed for everyone though, don't forget that we live on a planet of billions, and everyone is unique.

I say, if you really want to boost your vitality, do Chi Kung every morning and work out 3-4 times a week and eat salmon and trout. Lol, no retention required!

Much love guys**

CFTraveler
27th March 2010, 04:56 PM
I can't believe I'm replying to this thread yet again- but I just can't help myself- :roll:
First of all, sperm and semen are produced regardless of whether you masturbate or have sex- that's why men have nocturnal emissions when they don't ejaculate by other means. It is automatic and sometimes missed, if it 'hasn't been that long'.
If the concern is physical, take a multivitamin with zinc and other minerals that are lost. The more things are 'moved along', the clearer the pathways become, and the healthier (physically) the prostate will remain.
As to why it's considered energetic loss for the male and not the female, I think it has to do with the importance assigned to the gender, and that is cultural.

Anyway, I'm out of this thread.

Ouroboros
27th March 2010, 06:04 PM
Anyway, I'm out of this thread.

:3

boris
27th March 2010, 11:33 PM
Free desktop wallpaper. I want this image to permeate your vision next time temptation arises. *dear o dear me too* :roll:

[attachment=0:7ggimfpk]Untitled-6.jpg[/attachment:7ggimfpk]

Tutor
28th March 2010, 02:00 AM
just say no to socks :!:

WanderRA
28th March 2010, 08:51 AM
Kitchener knew the score. You dont get a stache' like that if your a wanker.

ButterflyWoman
28th March 2010, 09:09 AM
You dont get a stache' like that if your a wanker.
:D :lol:

Tiny
28th March 2010, 01:50 PM
Dear folks,

it is my experience that the energetic change in masturbation isn't necessarily depletion. In fact In my experimentations I've used a technique whereby I'd visualize at the point of orgasm massive amounts of energy entering through my feet - and i would be energized afterwards as I would be, before.
However, the bio-chemical change after masturbation is big. There is a big effect of relaxation afterwards and probably depletion of certain chemicals aswell. For me this is not a pleasant effect at all, more of a sluggish one.

It may due to physical reasons be healthy to once in a while ejaculate, however needless to say one should avoid at all costs to get attached to it. It would be best if it was possible to avoid it completly as goes with any external relaxation aid. Celibacy seems to work for some people.

kind regards,

Paul

Tutor
28th March 2010, 05:25 PM
It may due to physical reasons be healthy to once in a while ejaculate, however needless to say one should avoid at all costs to get attached to it. It would be best if it was possible to avoid it completly as goes with any external relaxation aid.

problem is, it is quite naturally attached to you, at arm's length, at hand or hands grasp.

when did relaxation become a bad practice?

a temperpedic mattress is better than a slab of wood. oops no pun intended with 'wood', cuz wood is good.

atonement is not possible. forgiveness is possible, if indeed maturbating causes one shame and guilt. desire is not bad. arousal is not bad. it is what gets us up in the morning. oops no pun intended with that, though morning wood is a probability.

love the penis, enjoy the penis, free the penis from psychological mumbo jumbo.

screw the horatios and sigmunds that from their stache'd glory holes pointedly exclaim 'wankers' as if they've one ounce more of controlling discipline residing within themselves.

pleasure that does not harm is a gift. it is likely that we'd not be here if sex was a non-stimulating exercise with no climax. procreation would provide this climactic event, so it follows, or rather leads, that creation must feel one hell of a climax in the 'big bang'.

perhaps life rests in the relaxing ripples of an event euphorically descending from it's lighted orgasmic heights.

what causes the human to be so ashamed of this body, to feel such guilt in having let loose what such a body may harmlessly release. to imagine that by interrupting nature that somehow energy is stored and heaped up for more intelligible purposes.

if the human is steppedly descended from higher spiritual/divine formlessness, it is safe to say that the stepped ascendedness remains to be. such that one is never in disconnection from the spiritual pov.

now, that connectivity is not ours by having humanly within the brevity placed it there. it there before human as it were, is pro-visional of what is human by extension, or expansion as in our world outlying.

when the human faces the world with its seeming uncontrollability, retreats as it were inwardly, to apply same thinking, that without them the 'within' is uncontrollable; well then the same outcome arises as their income, that income that cannot but leave one in the thought of 'lack', they far removed from the abundance which is not of their own provision, it before they were humanly aware, it having given their very humanous with which to gather a pov.

herein arrives the little wonder of 'surrender', where through, one awakens to the nothing of which 'control' may provide them, and the abundance of everything which before them was, and before them is, and before them shall ever be.

so I ask: looking out at what is before you, what lies right in front of you, all around you? from whence has it come and to whence does it go?

now here, run with this baton. it is a tube and in it is a message. open the baton tube, take out the scroll and read it. does it not say clearly, "Love thee one another, even as I have loved thee".

it pleases very god that we ourselves be pleased. however, when we seek outward for mere pleasure of ourself alone, we will be met within and without by an uncontrollable life, it rooting and it stemming from one cause, that cause being our very self pleasure.

if then one true god (source) would have an infinite many pleased, then it would follow that each of those many would in kind (image of source) reflect from them self to also pleasingly share with as many as is possible.

when this practice is established, then we shall be free of shame and guilt that natural arise within any one that would seek to please one's self alone.

we would be free of thinking that supply may dwindle and we must always be tightly bound in the thought of lack that would preserve supply for itself alone, that thought at the root of every enterprise which would disallow it's own sharing nature, thereby becoming unnatural adding to the illusion.

god would have us rest in that divine nature, for such is the rest following great pleasure as is that pleasure that for no other reason would share from one sourced abundance that all of creation be pleased in and of it.

such an abundance requires nothing from us, for no human has anything with which to give to abundance; lest it be gratitude and thanksgiving to any which would yet feel to be without.

if one feels to be without, it is only because their identity yet struggles in the without. they having not yet arrived within to humbled surrender.

masturbation provides an outlet for that which otherwise would fester within and become a perversion of nature, therefore unnatural in one's emotional, physical and mental bodies. dis-ease is disease.

amen

tim

Alaskans
29th March 2010, 12:14 AM
I say, if you really want to boost your vitality, do Chi Kung every morning and work out 3-4 times a week and eat salmon and trout. Lol, no retention required. If you ever seen wild alaska sockeye salmon.. thier spirit is so magnificent, powerfull and beautifull!

The idea behind retention is that the MALE body uses up so much energy every day in sperm production
First of all, sperm and semen are produced regardless of whether you masturbate or have sex- that's why men have nocturnal emissions when they don't ejaculate by other means I found besides the energy composing the physical molecules, the white substance excreted from the prostate (im hesitant to say) is a direct manifestation of energy- I observe energy concentrating in the prostate, highly energized white substance appears, energy nolonger there. Females produce a similar substance, wich is used to give sperm life as well (according to science). But the mucus and sperm themselves have little more static energy than spit. Thats not to say molecular forms are not forms of energy.
For me, once a week or two does nothing detrimental to my energy, physically or 'meta'physically. I wouldnt reccomend going without for more than 2 months, or doing it every day. Of course that prescription is just optimum for me.

It depends on your approach, and yes, retention will bring a person more vitality. It isn't as though it is needed for everyone though, don't forget that we live on a planet of billions, and everyone is unique. I logged on just to say that. But you beat me to it! We are all unique physically, psychologicly, and 'meta'physically :) I could say how it can only negatively effect those who are less developed in 'lower' realms, but this thread doesnt need any more conjecture.

ButterflyWoman
29th March 2010, 02:09 AM
See, this is one of the benefits of being a woman. Sure, you have to deal with menstruation, pregnancy, glass ceilings, unrealistic social expectations about how you look, and a bunch of other annoying stuff, but at least you can masturbate as much as you want without having to worry about how much energy you are or aren't "losing" when you have an orgasm. :twisted:

CFTraveler
29th March 2010, 01:35 PM
Don't forget "cramps". I know it's a 'menstruation' subtheme, but it deserves it's own mention.

ButterflyWoman
29th March 2010, 01:44 PM
Don't forget "cramps". I know it's a 'menstruation' subtheme, but it deserves it's own mention.
Some people claim that having an orgasm actually lessens cramps. :wink:

WanderRA
29th March 2010, 09:06 PM
Nocturnal emmisions have not affected me and Ive not ejaculated for a month.

Infact in one of my dreams recently I was in a sexual fantasy type scenario but felt no arousal at all. If i was masturbating regularly, I would have come in my sleep straight away.

Masturbating regularly makes me horny regularly, the only erections Ive had recently have been cos of needing to pee.

discuss.

Tutor
29th March 2010, 11:23 PM
ok WRa,

lets suppose that you are correct in stopping your maturbating now, and that the energy normally consumed by maturbation is now at your disposal for other uses. what uses would you, in the same disciplined practice/s, choose as outlets?

ButterflyWoman
30th March 2010, 01:53 AM
Infact in one of my dreams recently I was in a sexual fantasy type scenario but felt no arousal at all.
Perhaps you're naturally called to celibacy. It's not common, but some people really are naturally celibate.

dreamosis
2nd April 2010, 05:43 PM
Nocturnal emmisions have not affected me and Ive not ejaculated for a month.
Masturbating regularly makes me horny regularly, the only erections Ive had recently have been cos of needing to pee.

I really don't have a strong, personal stake in this thread, but WanderRA, have you considered that there might be physical consequences you hadn't considered in choosing celibacy? The body accomodates behavior. If you're less sexually active, your body might eventally produce less sex hormones (like testosterone), which could have a negative effect on you.

I'm not speaking as an expert. And yet I have often read, in regards to sex and our bodies, that it's "use it or lose it." I had a dip in testosterone last year, an alarming one, and it definitely affected my mood. As it came back up, I felt better. It wasn't all chemical (the feelings I was having), but a large part of it was.

Again, I don't want to persuade you in any way -- I'm only saying that with the benefit of non-ejaculation also comes something else (there are always tradeoffs). What if your sex drive drops off and you later want it? Of course it'll come back, but the body often doesn't change overnight. Of course there are people who are naturally less sexual. Also consider, though, that by engaging less in sex, you may be making your body less sexual.

Alaskans
2nd April 2010, 08:50 PM
I really don't have a strong, personal stake in this thread, but WanderRA, have you considered that there might be physical consequences you hadn't considered in choosing celibacy? The body accomodates behavior. If you're less sexually active, your body might eventally produce less sex hormones (like testosterone), which could have a negative effect on you.

I'm not speaking as an expert. And yet I have often read, in regards to sex and our bodies, that it's "use it or lose it." I had a dip in testosterone last year, an alarming one, and it definitely affected my mood. As it came back up, I felt better. It wasn't all chemical (the feelings I was having), but a large part of it was.
Sex is not the same thing in my view it is an exchange.
Having no sexual preference seems to cause testosterone and estrogen and thier related energy to equalize, wich is bennificial since both sexes have positive attributes. ('no sexual preference' as in ''no sexual care' also) Over time it will cause testosterone to drop if you are male, but only to the point of balance or neutrality.
Personally, despite changing my beliefs and attitude in response to this thread. I am still noticing nothing bennificial from the act, and my experiences and spiritual expressions are very low. A result of masterbating? That is unknown. But 90% of my richest experiences and spiritual expressions happened when I was masterbating less than once a week. It is a human body function, that is all.
Thats going into the pro's and con's all of which are circumstantial, and will only cause argueing back and forth for the next 8 pages. My higher self does not know or care what it is, has no opinion of it, or interest in having an opinion.

dreamosis
2nd April 2010, 09:35 PM
Sex is not the same thing in my view it is an exchange.

Sure, sex is an exchange -- but not all sex is the same. Probably not all sex is an exchange -- at least, much of one. Some of the sex I've had involved an incredible, rejuventating exchange; some of the sex I've had was perfunctory and boring, even draining.

If there's any point I want to make in this thread, it's that not all sex and all masturbation is the same (even in the same person). I can see how masturbation (even involving ejaculation) could be used to raise energy, and I can see how it could be extremely draining. It all depends!

Tutor
3rd April 2010, 04:37 PM
Sure, sex is an exchange -- but not all sex is the same. Probably not all sex is an exchange -- at least, much of one. Some of the sex I've had involved an incredible, rejuventating exchange; some of the sex I've had was perfunctory and boring, even draining.

If there's any point I want to make in this thread, it's that not all sex and all masturbation is the same (even in the same person). I can see how masturbation (even involving ejaculation) could be used to raise energy, and I can see how it could be extremely draining. It all depends!

Eureka!

ButterflyWoman
4th April 2010, 10:32 AM
Probably not all sex is an exchange -- at least, much of one. Some of the sex I've had involved an incredible, rejuventating exchange; some of the sex I've had was perfunctory and boring, even draining.
Ditto. And some sex is damn near predatory, and I don't mean "non-consensual", but rather in an emotional and/or energetic way (as mentioned, draining). Oh, and there's also the kind of sex that's like a cheap carnival ride, which is fun for brief time you're doing it, and is then easily and quickly forgotten, with no exchange of anything other than bodily fluids.

My experience is that "having sex" is like "eating food". It varies widely and broadly in quality, content, flavour, style, and value of nourishment. (And I can testify to this fact firsthand, so I am.)

I can see how masturbation (even involving ejaculation) could be used to raise energy
Some forms of magick use sexual energy, in fact.

iadnon
4th April 2010, 09:12 PM
Just let me add my experience.

There are different effects after ejaculation, all depending on "how" you do "the work". In general terms, if you "enjoy" a lot, you loose more energy. If you don't, the waste is less. It also happens something similar if you change your posture to some other you are not accustomed to (for me in a stand position).

It's an evident sign to confirm the previous. If you end up tired you "did" well, otherwise you'll still have that feeling of "hunger".

Anyway, it's true that in a coupled sexual intercourse there's some energy exchange phenomenon, and that doesn't happen on your own.

Always in my humble experience...

PD: in sexual magic the thought you have in your mind in the very moment of the orgasm is charged with creation-energy, so it'll have more chances to materialize in the long run. If you don't have any objectives just focus on a plant of your balcony, it seems plants absorb very well such potent force.

dreamosis
5th April 2010, 08:28 PM
In general terms, if you "enjoy" a lot, you loose more energy. If you don't, the waste is less.

Experiences vary so much! I find just the opposite of this. The more I enjoy masturbation or sex, the more energy I feel I get from it; the less I enjoy it, the more I feel drained. Of course, I'm not really sure why you put enjoy in quotation marks...

My experience is that "having sex" is like "eating food". It varies widely and broadly in quality, content, flavour, style, and value of nourishment. (And I can testify to this fact firsthand, so I am.)

That's pretty much what I've been trying to say in this thread. And, running with the food metaphor, not even the same food has the same nourishment value every time you eat it! You can eat two ripe, organic mangoes grown in the same soil on consecutive days and your body will process them differently. It all depends on what you ate earlier in the day, how well you chew each mango, whether you're active or sedentary while you're digesting it, etc.

iadnon
6th April 2010, 07:18 AM
Anglosaxon people are quite delicate in what it's related to sex. In another forum I put my opinion about masturbation in a very clear way and I was banned because of that clarity. That's why I take care of my prose... just in case. "Enjoy", of course, stands for ENJOY (picture Homer Simpson salivating...).

In general terms, if you "enjoy" a lot, you loose more energy. If you don't, the waste is less.

Experiences vary so much! I find just the opposite of this. The more I enjoy masturbation or sex, the more energy I feel I get from it; the less I enjoy it, the more I feel drained. Of course, I'm not really sure why you put enjoy in quotation marks...

That's pretty much what I've been trying to say in this thread. And, running with the food metaphor, not even the same food has the same nourishment value every time you eat it! You can eat two ripe, organic mangoes grown in the same soil on consecutive days and your body will process them differently. It all depends on what you ate earlier in the day, how well you chew each mango, whether you're active or sedentary while you're digesting it, etc.

dreamosis
6th April 2010, 03:31 PM
I'm Anglo-Saxon, I guess, having Welsh ancestors, and I'm not offended by the enjoyment of sex.

iadnon
6th April 2010, 06:04 PM
I didn't want to generalize in such way, but I had a bitter confrontation in the astralpulse forum due to such subjects. I don't think it's so bad to talk about masturbation (I'm even using the scientific term instead of saying "jerking off", and they both have the same neutral effect on my mind), and how to transform that energy in ojas. Whatever. Those kind of things add up to the daily puritanism I watch in the American TV.

dreamosis
7th April 2010, 05:57 AM
Well, it's a generalization that's based in truth. I think the energetic aspects of masturbation and sex is something that's incredibly difficult to discuss publicly, or even think about one's self. Even very sexually free people I know still have the odd extreme moral take on this or that. I know I do.

Sexual self-image -- which informs our beliefs about sex -- lies in a crossroads between body image, beliefs about the meaning of our physical existence, our sense of morality, and our positive and negative experiences as a sexual being.

The name of this thread, "STOP masturbating NOW" seems to me to assume an ascetic viewpoint -- that is, the viewpoint that spiritual progress depends on at least partial denial of the body's impulses. Of course it's more than a viewpoint; there's rational validity to the suggestion behind the name of the thread. But rational validity doesn't equal general validity.

Here's a thought, though: possibly the issue of whether to masturbate or not in the name of saving energy matters more when you're younger. Offhand, one might think that it matters more when you're older (say, 35+), but maybe because teens and twentysomethings are in their physical/sexual peak, it's (1) more noticeable to them when sexual energy is redirected, and (2) more worth the effort. ...?

This is only me speaking, of course, but I've noticed my relationship with myself as a sexual being has changed a lot in my 30s. My physical sex drive has fallen off somewhat, but at the same time -- or perhaps as result of that -- my perception of sex has changed: sex is more of an emotional thing, less of a physical thing. I still expect physical satisfaction out of masturbation and sex, but my focus has shifted to the emotions of it.

When there's positive emotional exchange with another, or connection with myself, sex is invigorating. If there's no connection, or emotion, or the emotional tone is negative, it's draining.

iadnon
7th April 2010, 06:11 AM
Amen!

(I couldn't have put it better)

Alaskans
7th April 2010, 07:37 PM
I didn't want to generalize in such way, but I had a bitter confrontation in the astralpulse forum due to such subjects. I don't think it's so bad to talk about masturbation.
Sex is a part of being alive and should be considered a worthy spiritual topic. Astralpulse forum was like the kiddy pool when I frequented it 5 years ago. People in AD forum are more mature, I'm happier here in the deep end. Still gotta be carefull of the rules though, or CF will place the curse of the ancients on you too. http://www.forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=18685&p=125457&hilit=+sign#p125457

star
4th May 2010, 12:31 PM
http://www.precisiondocs.com/~altaoism/HLDangerMain.htm

Just try for balance, and if your goal is retention, just be aware of the dangers as well as the benefits.

ButterflyWoman
4th May 2010, 03:43 PM

Just try for balance, and if your goal is retention, just be aware of the dangers as well as the benefits.
Interesting article. It once again makes me pleased to be female. ;)

Alaskans
6th May 2010, 02:16 AM
Nice link

"Just try for balance"- nice
Just a guess but its probably what the menstral cycle is for, keeping things flowing.
For some reason I usually get more agressive from (spankin') it (..hormones?). And anti-social.. ahhh; possibly because "The problem with aroused sexual energy is that it intensifies sensation, and sensation is a main basis of the mundane inside/outside duality" causes me to seperate myself from others.
To balance my comment. I find some people can only be connected to through what I'd say is spiritual sexual energy. And.. multiple ejaculation is a way to remove buildups of energy/thought patterns within your body that you do not want (though 'multiple' removes good ones too.)

Tiny
6th May 2010, 03:38 AM
Dear folks,

here's a little secret.

What I've done for years is at the point of orgasm imagine all energy re-entering through my feet. Whenever I had done this I never felt depleted ever afterwards.

kind regards,

Paul

ButterflyWoman
6th May 2010, 05:43 AM
Just a guess but its probably what the menstral cycle is for, keeping things flowing.
Possibly. But you can't choose not to menstruate or, in a closer analogy with ejaculation, ovulate.

CFTraveler
6th May 2010, 01:46 PM
Nice link

"Just try for balance"- nice
For some reason I usually get more agressive from (spankin') it (..hormones?). And anti-social.. ahhh; possibly because "The problem with aroused sexual energy is that it intensifies sensation, and sensation is a main basis of the mundane inside/outside duality" causes me to seperate myself from others.
To balance my comment. I find some people can only be connected to through what I'd say is spiritual sexual energy. And.. multiple ejaculation is a way to remove buildups of energy/thought patterns within your body that you do not want (though 'multiple' removes good ones too.)

All of that has to do with testosterone- purely hormonal. If you'd like, I can go into more detail, but really, I think everyone knows how testosterone increases aggression and progesterone is calming.

Alaskans
7th May 2010, 07:00 PM
You'd be suprised how little 'book smarts' I have. Besides AD forum I am almost totally outside society.

CFTraveler
7th May 2010, 07:23 PM
Well, everyone is in their own path. I'm a loner too, but in a different way.

Challenge
7th May 2010, 10:20 PM
Misfits of the world, unite! 8)

Alaskans
9th May 2010, 09:42 PM
All of that has to do with testosterone- purely hormonal.

Today I reflected apon what a wise internet squirrel of the 90s said:
"Gonads and strife, gonads and strife, gonads in the LIGHTNING!"

CFTraveler
9th May 2010, 09:55 PM
All I can say is..... weeeeee.

olyd88
23rd May 2010, 09:57 AM
Hehehe..well, its not good habit to masturbate or ejaculate before doing some concentration especially.By the way i ever experienced several times lucid dream after having masturbation but its about a same imagination that i used when masturbating.Maybe it can induce to lucid dream but in negative way.Anyway i agree"stop masturbating"only when starting to do any energy work or doing any concentration/visualization that need to clear our mind by being pasively and positive.We should know that when we lost a large number of energy,some of our body system will not work(so tired) or in other words its "lazy" and its decrease our chance rate to success in any attempt like Astral Project,and etc,because of lack energy.well thats only my opinion..the rest its up to us:)..

MichaelD
26th July 2010, 11:59 AM
Hehehe..well, its not good habit to masturbate or ejaculate before doing some concentration especially.By the way i ever experienced several times lucid dream after having masturbation but its about a same imagination that i used when masturbating.Maybe it can induce to lucid dream but in negative way.Anyway i agree"stop masturbating"only when starting to do any energy work or doing any concentration/visualization that need to clear our mind by being pasively and positive.We should know that when we lost a large number of energy,some of our body system will not work(so tired) or in other words its "lazy" and its decrease our chance rate to success in any attempt like Astral Project,and etc,because of lack energy.well thats only my opinion..the rest its up to us:)..

I second this here, but to quit "stop masturbating NOW" its pretty crazy to me =\. I heard its not good to not ejaculate too, maybe I am wrong though. I hear a lot of things. :)

CFTraveler
26th July 2010, 03:00 PM
If you read the entire thread you'll see all the points of view already expressed. It's all about what you resonate with.

Alaskans
27th July 2010, 01:30 PM
Ghandi believed in total celebacy.
So did Hitler.

Cant help but wonder if history would have been different if Hitler got a girlfriend, fell in love, had babies...
Instead of supressing his only outlet for affection with an ideal of righteous celebacy and perfection. Thats a little off topic though.

CFTraveler
27th July 2010, 04:18 PM
Ghandi believed in total celebacy.
So did Hitler.

Cant help but wonder if history would have been different if Hitler got a girlfriend, fell in love, had babies...
Instead of supressing his only outlet for affection with an ideal of righteous celebacy and perfection. Thats a little off topic though.
I don't think it's off-topic at all.
Ghandi's belief in celibacy came later in life, he was married with children before he became a monk, and celibacy was part of his evolution as a human being that was on a path to enlightenment (or whatever you want to call it), while Hitler's celibacy wasn't part of a cultural framework- I'd say it was a reflection of his inability to connect to people in a significant way.
This goes to show (at least to me) that there are healthy reasons to look for what seems as self denial and unhealthy reasons to do so, and these two examples illustrate this beautifully.

nickyro
27th July 2010, 07:04 PM
Do masturbate. But if you want to build up you body of light then do not ejaculate nor use any retention technique (still use a part of the whole energy, maybe not at a higher level of mastery) you need to learn to stop while still sexually aroused.
But if you do so, you need to circulate the energy (with technique like microcosmic orbit or middle pillar etc...) or it would just stay useless sexual energy making you hornier for the rest of the day.
If you move it using MBA or visualisation into another energy center it changes its proprieties.
Remember, if you dont circulate it it does not even worth it.

This is sexual sublimation. Best technique for the energy body.

CFTraveler
27th July 2010, 08:55 PM
Kundalini Yoga is very good for this, I have found.

Zak
27th July 2010, 11:14 PM
All of that has to do with testosterone- purely hormonal. If you'd like, I can go into more detail, but really, I think everyone knows how testosterone increases aggression and progesterone is calming.

Testosterone doesn't increase aggression, fighting does! It is actually cortisol and adrenaline that trigger the fight or flight response. Testosterone is actually a very key hormone for both men and women that generally tends to decrease with age. It is key for maintaining and building lean muscle mass, maintaining a healthy sex drive and fertility as well as keeping the skin smooth and wrinkle free!

Due to the increasing use of phytoestrogens (plants chemicals that mimic estrogen) and prevalence of xenoestrogens (synthetic estrogen mimicking chemicals) in our environment, testosterone has been decreasing at a rate of roughly 20% with every new generation compared to the one before it (in men)! This has led to increasing infertility rates. Chinese medicine heavily emphasizes that ones sexual drive and fertility is a clear indicator for one's overall health.

In regards to the original topic here, I have practiced semen retention for years with very little negative side effects. I haven't completely stopped ejaculating entirely, yet I rarely do more than 3x a month. Sometimes I go for longer periods without ejaculating.

My personal experience has been that the practices that go along with semen retention are very key to the practice as energy stagnation will occur otherwise. The detriments of this probably outweigh the benefits. Whenever I ejaculate it takes me a day or two to be at 100% of my usual energy levels again. Complete abstinence from any sexual contact and stimulation whatsoever is worse than either liberally ejaculating during sex or semen retention practices with regular sex from my research. Celibate monks have been shown to have the higher rates of prostate type disease than the normal population (use it or lose it). The prostate is cleansed when it becomes engorged with blood during arousal.

Testosterone levels rise during sexual arousal but do suddenly drop off quite suddenly after ejaculation as the hormone is immediately put to use to begin making new sperm cells and seminal fluid. We can get the benefit of this increase in testosterone in our blood stream by withholding ejaculation (or not ejaculating every time one becomes aroused).

Tutor
27th July 2010, 11:38 PM
outstanding report Zak! :D

baalixan
4th August 2010, 11:59 PM
Of course it's easier to recall dreams or access subtle abilities while you're celibate: you have more energy available. But you might be in a situation one day where you have less energy available to you due to something besides sexual activity -- like illness or physical injury. What I'm saying is, wouldn't it be good practice to try to maintain higher awareness and develop abilities while you are energetically taxed? If your awareness and abilities depend on big, free reserves of energy, what will happen you find yourself sapped?

Awareness and abilities do depend on having lots of energy, but not totally so.

for me, although yes my abilities require energy and effort, i have noticed when i am tired physically, and even mentally my abilities come much easier and naturally. i speculate that part of the reason why, is partly because being tired, my "logical brain" and reasoning are supressed from said tiredness.

i've also noticed that after an orgasm(with in an hour or two) its also much easier to supress any stress or anxiety, during any kind of spiritual pursuit, for me.

Korpo
5th August 2010, 03:22 PM
Very valid point, baalixan.

I had some of the most profound spiritual experiences when being either tired or very relaxed. These are conditions most conducive to allowing contact with something beyond the normal. The control of the thinking mind is transcended.

I don't really believe in the usefulness of ascetism. Similarly I don't believe in the usefulness of celibacy. It's just another variant thereof.

I don't see how you could have "more energy" by not having sex. Similarly eating sugar would then be a spiritual practice. Or lying down all day (not expending any energy). But I doubt it works like that.

Cheers,
Oliver

baalixan
6th August 2010, 12:14 AM
in fact, try laying down all day, or sleeping 12 hours...i garuntee you will have less energy than if you hadn't. you have to push your limits in all ways to improve in all ways, including energy

Alaskans
6th August 2010, 08:56 AM
I notice my energy more when I'm tired as well, and I can keep a quiet mind easier, meditation is most fun at night. Except when I crawl out of bed in the morning, I feel as energeticly charged as a ... err.. snowcone. I think thats the same for just about everyone. (energy work/activities can be done while asleep so thats not certain either!)

But we've proven in this lengthy conversation masterbation doesnt have the same effects on everyone. The effects vary greatly due to personal beliefs/feelings, and probably physical and 'spiritual" differences. On top of that it seems quite a few people have many different personal reasons for defending or attacking it. Despite those challenges, everyone discussed it with a helova lot of respect and consideration for eachother, and willingness to see all sides. I wouldnt expect anything else from truthseekers, but it still makes me :) .

Like always, its up to us to decide what we each believe, nobody else can do that, still, my healthier view on it, and ability to mention it, may be a result of this discussion.

Korpo
6th August 2010, 08:59 AM
Peace to that. :)

Oliver

defectron
30th August 2010, 02:44 PM
for me, although yes my abilities require energy and effort, i have noticed when i am tired physically, and even mentally my abilities come much easier and naturally. i speculate that part of the reason why, is partly because being tired, my "logical brain" and reasoning are supressed from said tiredness.

i've also noticed that after an orgasm(with in an hour or two) its also much easier to supress any stress or anxiety, during any kind of spiritual pursuit, for me.

In regards to this, I have a bit of a confession. I think just about every time I intentionally projected, I did masturbate shortly before doing so. The reason why is because most my projections happen in the early morning on days when I'm off work and don't have to get up so early. Usually what happens is I end up waking up at the time I usually get up for work and need some way to get back to sleep and thats usually the best way to do it. So I'm not sure how much that sort of thing affects ones ability but it doesnt seem to have done anything negative to mine. I mean one time I projected about 5-6 times in a row which apparantly takes alot of energy , if it really takes as much energy from you as the op says then I must have quite a bit to spare.

natalie-1984
20th December 2010, 07:18 PM
Defectron, I am the same way! When I feel tired it seems like I am more psychic than normal and see auras better. I think it's like you said, the logical part of my brain is taking a rest.

Since this post is about err...masterbating and such. I have been thinking about this one for a while. I have been celibate and saving up my sexual energy for a long time (3 weeks). Last night I caved in and well, this is kind of embarassing to talk about, but I felt a huge wave of energy all over my entire body. It felt like a warm tingling sensation I have never felt before. A few hours later I was having my 8th OOBE! I think there is a connection here. I think the waves I was feeling was my energy body getting juiced up. Isn't there a chakra down there at the base? I think I opened it last night. I had the easiest projection afterwards.

So I think given this experience maybe it's good to store up the chakra energy for a while, then let it loose. I never would have thunk!

natalie-1984
20th December 2010, 07:28 PM
"I've just upped by daily masturbation routine to 10 sets of 300 reps and my visualisation skills are coming on no end." <---- that's freakin funny as hell!

For the men:

Is it true that when you are aroused but don't get to finish it hurts??? Is "blueballs" real or just something you guys decided to make up?

Serpentarius
20th December 2010, 10:08 PM
Is it true that when you are aroused but don't get to finish it hurts???

It does hurt. But it's not only a physical pain, it is a suffering that penetrates all layers of existence reaching down to the very core of your being, almost ripping your soul apart and dimming the eternal light within. Every time a man gets aroused but can't finish, the heavens weep.

Neil Templar
21st December 2010, 12:29 AM
Is it true that when you are aroused but don't get to finish it hurts???

It does hurt. But it's not only a physical pain, it is a suffering that penetrates all layers of existence reaching down to the very core of your being, almost ripping your soul apart and dimming the eternal light within. Every time a man gets aroused but can't finish, the heavens weep.

AHAHAH!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :twisted:

Tutor
21st December 2010, 12:52 AM
Blue Balls Curative: :wink:

http://www.jadetime.com/bull-blue-health-balls.html

Mishell
21st December 2010, 01:50 AM
:lol:

I'm so glad I reopened this thread! hehehe

ButterflyWoman
21st December 2010, 03:19 AM
But it's not only a physical pain, it is a suffering that penetrates all layers of existence reaching down to the very core of your being, almost ripping your soul apart and dimming the eternal light within. Every time a man gets aroused but can't finish, the heavens weep.
That, or some variation of it, is what pretty much every guy I dated told me. After a while, I found it easier just to sleep with them and get it over with so they'd shut up about it.

:P :lol: :twisted:

natalie-1984
21st December 2010, 06:39 AM
Well, ask a woman this...ask her how it feels when the guy is done but the chick is NOT satisfied.

It penatrates our very essence and rips our soul apart and blah blah blah too! :P

defectron
21st December 2010, 04:13 PM
You know I'm not entirely sure, but I think that masterbating might help trigger obe's when I do it in the early morning, this doesn't work if I do it before bed, but one thing I noticed is when I do it in the early morning, I'll usually have an obe afterwards. For me this is both a good and a bad thing. The good is it gives me more control over when I have obe's the bad is that I think I'm getting a bit too dependent on this, because I already use it to go to sleep earlier when I can't sleep so this will sometimes result in me doing this twice in one day which can be pretty tiring.

Jajon
23rd December 2010, 05:41 PM
I've experimented with this fairly extensively. When I've gone a week without blasting the cannon my lower energies are very high. Some people find this uncomfortable but I thrive on it. I feel more aggressive, confident, expanding and have an inner fire and passion. It feels like a cutting-through energy which I can focus to overcome obstacles and get enormous things done. I've found it also tends to arouse a lot of attention from the opposite sex.

After emptying the sack, I feel at peace and relaxed. Not much ambition to do anything for awhile except just relax and feel cozy doing familiar things.

When I have sex and *choose* not to pop the cork then it goes on for a long time and at the end I feel supercharged and end up diverting the energy on doing heavy weights for awhile and the energy always remains with me. If you do want to pop, but it's denied to you then that's just frustrating. The difference is conscious choice.

natalie-1984
23rd December 2010, 10:25 PM
I think I had a blocked base chakra, I think that's why I felt such a huge rush of energy up and down my body.

okie
23rd December 2010, 10:42 PM
I'll have to experiment.

On a similar note, I will never forget the first time I experienced the true power of love/natrual oxytocin. After a sensual experience with my partner, I felt like I had jumped 5 years into the future of my energy body development, all of my low back pain had dispersed, my sinuses cleared up, and I got the best night of sleep I've had in my entire life.

I've been kind of recluse doing "inner work" for the past two years, and am eager to test out my newly acquired skills on someone.

Does anyone have any experience with "energy work" for couples? I imagine full body breathing circuits between two people to be intense.

natalie-1984
23rd December 2010, 11:01 PM
I'm single I have no one :( .

But I bet it would be awesome stuff!

defectron
26th December 2010, 05:16 PM
Ok, I think I can safely say today at least for me that masturbation does not inhibit ones ability to project at all! As I had my longest projection ever today and shortly before it, lets just say I let the dogs out more then once.

natalie-1984
26th December 2010, 06:30 PM
:shock: ..... :lol:

Neil Templar
26th December 2010, 06:36 PM
Ok, I think I can safely say today at least for me that masturbation does not inhibit ones ability to project at all! As I had my longest projection ever today and shortly before it, lets just say I let the dogs out more then once.

IIRC, i'm sure i read Bob Monroe and William Buhlmann suggest masturbating before projection attempts, in order to reduce sexual energy-related problems during the projection.

Alaskans
6th January 2011, 03:17 PM
i think it mostly negatively effects people who have grounding issues, and/or are a vampire buffet. but i just found some great suggestions for grounding that doesnt involve smoking spanking it or eating refried crisco yay happie days :)

sophia_1984
27th March 2011, 08:52 PM
Alaskans what are those grounding techniques you mentioned? I have some trouble with my energies in that I consider it a distraction - I would like to be able to ground it!

Osiris
3rd April 2011, 07:18 PM
Wow popular topic hehehe

I find masterbation is less of a problem than the lust filled fantasies that tend to accompany it.

natalie-1984
6th April 2011, 06:22 AM
lust filled fantasies? Yup I have lots of those. I was seeing this guy for a few months and now he moved away and I'm ummmm.....trying to scratch an itch but it's not working. I have "natalie time" everyday now a few times a day. I have NEVER been like this before. This guy did a number on me and I am starting to think I am forever wrecked. The only thing holding me back from having one night stands all the time now is my morals. D@mn it! But Since I have been going crazy like this I have been having more OOBEs, so yeah I think there is a link. I used to be such a nice girl and now I am so. . .corrupted! I feel like a 17 year old boy.

CFTraveler
6th April 2011, 02:25 PM
Wow popular topic hehehe

Tell me about it. I can't believe it's still going.

Serpentarius
7th April 2011, 03:13 PM
I tend to get horny in cycles :? Maybe it has something to do with phases of the moon, I don't know :|

Tutor
7th April 2011, 03:45 PM
lmao. i get that too Serpentarius. :lol:

CFTraveler
7th April 2011, 04:51 PM
I tend to get horny in cycles :? Maybe it has something to do with phases of the moon, I don't know :| Hormones go in cycles, even if you're a man.
http://www.altpenis.com/news/male_period.shtml

Serpentarius
7th April 2011, 04:56 PM
I tend to get horny in cycles :? Maybe it has something to do with phases of the moon, I don't know :| Hormones go in cycles, even if you're a man.

It's the animal in me 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=752m6-5RQ0g

Tutor
8th April 2011, 12:35 AM
hee hee hee hee, Bravo!!! :P

alphadracooverlord
1st May 2011, 02:35 PM
Personally I call on Sekhmet when I want something :). She tickles my balls with cold hands. It is an unbelievable experience. Asherah gives a very cold relaxing energy if you need to get stabilized. Ishtar seems to be somewhere between. Sorry if that sounded offensive.

natalie-1984
2nd May 2011, 02:10 AM
:shock: !

Alaskans
6th May 2011, 03:00 AM
it's hard for me to admit but im an addict. i remember doing it when i was 8 or so and feeling terrible, and deciding to never do it again. that experience has repeated over and over for the past 22 years. i never admitted to myself till now. being unable to stop for 30 days is not having controll over it- if thats not an addiction then it is strong attachment. doing something i dont want to do because it is harmfull and i dont like it, is to me the definition of addiction. i get withdrawl symptoms.. agitation, depression, lethargy, numbness.. im miserable if i do it, and miserable if I dont. i read that doesnt last more than a month.

it is really hard for me to admit to having an addiction. i've channelled the highest 'beings' and.. for heavens sake. masterbation? really?

the failures have made me look for new approaches.
- i dont pile guilt on myself anymore, i observed that only fuels the problem. instead, i dust myself off and see why i did it, and what my reasonings were, then it isnt a failure.
- i try to look at it as something i dont love or hate, but i dont care about either. [in a vision i saw a group of flying angels, i couldnt join them because i had sexual thoughts that kept me on the ground, but they did not in any way look down on me. like my higher self, they had no opinion on sexual things. but i could not bring sex to where it does not exist, as soon as i let go then i can fly with them]
http://newlifehabits.com/2007/08/08/how-to-stop-masturbation-addiction/

; im making a pledge, im going to go for 30 days without.. obligate me
june 4
thank you :)

Korpo
6th May 2011, 06:57 AM
Hello, Alaskans.

In your post you seem to indicate that you not only think masturbation is harmful, but also having sexual thoughts. This roots much deeper then in your belief system and is also a much deeper conflict.

It might even be easier to "give it up" if you weren't so conflicted about it. And the conflict seems to root deeper and may need acknowledgement. Sexuality is part of the human function. If you feel guilty about it for "being impure" you kind of shore it up, create a reservoir and then the need to empty that reservoir out by masturbation.

Maybe you can lift your sexual desire to a higher level, but my guess would be that you cannot go to the root of something if you're afraid of it and running from it. I would agree that masturbation is like a valve to let off steam, but why the steam builds is not determined by the valve but by the mechanism that lies beyond it.

The thing is that sexuality exists here. It may indeed be an impediment on the other side, but not for the reason you think. Creating a pileup of conflictedness and unheeded desire here on the physical plane then leads to the need to release it first on the astral plane before you can rise higher. This doesn't mean sexuality is disapproved of there (as you observed yourself) but that it has its place, and that one is here during our existence as organisms with needs.

From my experience the uncontrolled sexual appetite and the part that feels like addiction will lessen when inner balance takes hold, especially when you feel safe enough in your sexuality to let go of harmful belief structures tied to it. A lot of sexual pressure can result from trying to conform and "be normal." One cannot "be normal." One can only be true to oneself. That's why I think one has to go to the bottom of it. This does not mean going and trying everything, but rather I think allow for what is there and learn what one desires.

Cheers,
Oliver

psionickx
6th May 2011, 10:53 AM
I have written on the subject elsewhere, & so make only the effort quoting - just very keenly apropos to topic :

In the very start of my awkaneing i remember reading with express clarity that "sexual energy is an octave lowered state of potent but non-refined spiritual energy"...therefore the point of contention being that if you generate sexual engery it transmutes into spiritual energy which ultimately leads to or expedites evolution.The most commonly authored notion behind that factoid "Celibate is the life-style of choice for the more dedicated spiritual aspirant"
:arrow: absolute utter total nonsense .
The energy isnt just sitting there all turning itself into a refined species all out of its own accord.This little gem i discovered after understanding the acutual working mechanics/processes of sublimation myself.

aslo for the OP , i think it might prove to be a fruitful undertaking to look into :arrow: Retrograde Ejaculation.Adepts that are initiates into the Tantric Mysteries use the techinques of Vajorali/Sahajoli Mudras combined with a sustained Moola Bandha in the triad of ashwani poses, towards this end.
...sharing intimacy with such people can be an ad nauseam explosion of sheer animalistic carnal sensuality....lets just say because a few things are happening ....again.....and again....and again...Not unlike a marathon that way , an interminable one however though ................with broader,more deep-reaching ................divine exhaustion.
Just my more elective palate thinking out loud is all ....from the gamut of the more garden-variety type of metaphysically inclined man to the more spiritually accomplished alpha-male.

Smörgåsbord .....hmmmmm 8)

natalie-1984
7th May 2011, 09:14 PM
you are still human...remind me again why thinking about sex alot is evil??

simonlight
24th June 2011, 04:16 AM
aslo for the OP , i think it might prove to be a fruitful undertaking to look into :arrow: Retrograde Ejaculation.Adepts that are initiates into the Tantric Mysteries use the techinques of Vajorali/Sahajoli Mudras combined with a sustained Moola Bandha in the triad of ashwani poses, towards this end.

Not sure I agree with the "retrograde ejaculation" part - I find that, with awareness, orgasm can be separated from ejaculation.

And the Moola Bandha spot is rather intriguing. Is this the point of Kundalini? It's a quite powerful and ecstatic region when found. I've used NEW awareness on the spot to remain in quite blissful states without the prescirbed asanas.

psionickx
24th June 2011, 03:31 PM
this might be yet the most tenacious thread i've encountered yet at AD.

Not sure I agree with the "retrograde ejaculation" part - I find that, with awareness, orgasm can be separated from ejaculation.

Not quite following you but im not a retrograde ejaculation practioner myself either...i find the concept leaning more towards the bulimic side to be favored on my palette.
Other people are very welcome to try and post results if willing - that* i have no qualms with.

but yes it relates to Kundalini..or at least so in my case.

CFTraveler
24th June 2011, 05:08 PM
this might be yet the most tenacious thread i've encountered yet at AD. I agree. Obnoxiously tenacious.