PDA

View Full Version : You decide where I went...

Matthew
22nd February 2006, 05:49 PM
I woke up at 3am and did about 1 ½ hours of energy work and then meditated on the five joyful mysteries of the rosary. Then, I went back to sleep.

Around 6am, I had a dream that I was driving a car in Auburn, California. I was trying to meet my family at a restaurant. I stopped at the top of a hill and got out of my car because I saw an old friend, Jason. Something that he was holding (I can’t remember quite what) moved me into lucidity. I was standing next to a van and decided to go through the glass window. When I do this with mirrors, it always leads to an astral tunnel. There were letters on the window, but I didn’t think this would interfere. I had trouble getting into the window because of its height, so I climbed into the van and held on as I swung myself into the window. I instantly saw a television or computer screen in front of me floating in a gray space (in retrospect I get the impression this was a symbol for information). I was then surrounded by colors like static on a TV channel. Obviously, this was very different than my usual astral tunnel sensation. I wrestled with the typical cocoon-like feeling and then knew that I had arrived somewhere. I had to concentrate on regaining my senses. This is normal, too. I tried to hold it together while a room came into focus around me.

I had a slight impression that this was my room. Of course, it looked nothing like my room and was full of junk. I walked around and noticed that I was not floating (my normal astral body state). I looked around and decided the only thing I was sure of was that I was in a place that supported what I call “super-lucidity:” a state beyond a normal lucid dream where you have a deep knowledge that you are somewhere not of your own creation. I looked for a way out of the room, but there were no doors. I saw a carpet seam in the middle of the floor and lifted it to open a trap door. I went down the stairs. It was dark and filled with even more junk. Parts of the ceiling were low and I was worried about getting stuck. I suddenly got the impression that the house represented someone’s mind and decided to yell out, “This is not my house.” I’m not sure if that helped, but I did see a door in the corner behind some debris. I made my way over to the door and forced it open. It led to a flight of stairs going up to ground level. There were some birds on the stairs that flew away when I opened the door.

At the top of the stairs, I noticed that the house had a porch that stretched out from the second floor. I looked around and saw my Grandpa George sitting on a bench to my left. He has been dead now for a few years. He looked much younger than I remember ever seeing him: in his late 40’s or early 50’s. I walked over to him and he said that he had something important to tell me that would affect my life and body. I stood next to him. He said that I needed to understand the glycemic index and that I should have my blood sugar level checked. I thanked him for the information.

We were quiet for a minute and looked out over the backyard of the house. I asked him how he was adjusting to his change of state and if he was learning new things. He got misty eyed and aged rapidly and a large goiter formed on the right side of his neck. He started talking about how hard his education had been in junior high and became slightly irrational. I had the feeling I was entering one of his mental loops. I fought hard to keep focused, but a second later I woke up.

-Matthew

CFTraveler
22nd February 2006, 07:28 PM
I get the feeling that you went to a part of your mind you don't want to admit exists, or are denying is yours, but is yours. The reason I say this is because your grandfather was there, and from your indication he wasn't healthy (mentally) at the end. It's possible that your subconscious is pointing out something you have to take care of that is either symbolized by your grandfather (age, instability, you're the one who can fill this one up) or even by some relationship issue between you and him. Is there a part of you that you identify with him? A quirk in personality, something- then he could be a symbol of that part of you.

Otherwise, just to be sure, get your blood sugar checked! You never know...

stargazer
23rd February 2006, 04:03 AM
Interesting experience, Matthew
The last time someone pointed something out to me about my health in a dream, it was an old man as well... maybe we're more inclined to listen to the older / wiser sorts.

Hie thee to a doctor and get that blood sugar checked!
Best wishes.

workinprogress
24th February 2006, 08:15 PM
I've had similar experiences with mirrors and glass in general. And I've also conversed with the deceased before. Your description makes me think it was actually your grandfather you met while there. I say this because you describe him as being much younger than when you last saw him. For me personally, and everyone else I know who has these experiences, the deceased usually appear much younger than you remember or ever saw them. That tends to be one of the indiciations to me that it isn't a memory/aspect of myself. And the fact that you mention having to work to maintain lucidity and that he began to change and grow older makes me think that either he wasn't adjusting well, or that you began to lose lucidity and thus things began to deteriorate.

I would definately get your glucose checked out and everything else -- just to make sure.