PDA

View Full Version : Eye exercises question ie. failing eyesight

turbulenceadams
26th March 2010, 07:42 AM
This is probably in the wrong spot but I was wondering if anyone has any good eye exercises that can aid my failing eyesight?
I'm long-sighted and only got glasses a year ago and really haven't needed them at all until recently. Now if I'm just slightly tired things are becoming increasingly more and more blurry making me feel more and more tired. I've been trying to hold off wearing them too much.
My mum wears glasses as does my dad so I guess it's wear and tear, but I'm wondering if there are any ways to strengthen the old orbs?

Blindly yours..

CFTraveler
26th March 2010, 01:13 PM
There are a few tricks that can help certain types of eye problems- first, there are vitamins that are good for the eyes and vitamins that are bad (or are said to be bad) I'm not sure which ones but a search for this by a reputable doctor (I trust dr. Weil's research, for example) that help the eyes maintain their flexibility.
Another thing is aspartame- don't have anything that contains it. This is not 'very scientific', but my eye doctor years ago told me to stop drinking diet sodas, because they were indeed affecting my eyesight.
In the 'exercise' dept., something very simple: If you stare at a screen for hours at a time (or spend hours reading) try to look outside at far away things every so many minutes- because it's the ''focusing" at one spot what causes the most muscle damage- kind of the same thing as what sitting in the couch all day without moving does to your muscles.

Some people believe 'palming' is restorative- I don't know if it helps with eyesight problems, but it does help to make them feel better.

turbulenceadams
26th March 2010, 02:41 PM
Aw thanks CF.
I checked out Dr. Weil and his advice is to wear glasses!