PDA

View Full Version : Carbon dioxide poisoning in my apartment?

niki123
23rd April 2010, 02:08 PM
After moving into my apartment last year I became sick,really sick and I just found out that if all my windows are not open 24/7 there will be at least 1,599+ ppm of carbon dioxide in my apartment which suggest that there's no air circulation or maybe there's something else wrong in my apartment.Someone from the Health Department came to inspect the apartment and offered no other explanation for the high concentration of CO2 and did I mentioned that 2 windows were already open ?Has anyone heard of something like this ? :shock:

CFTraveler
23rd April 2010, 02:14 PM
Only two windows?

Korpo
23rd April 2010, 02:15 PM
Good to know you're pursuing the idea of checking whether your apartment is a safe environment to live in. Sorry, I do not know anything about this pecularity. What about carbon monoxide? That would be really dangerous and suggest something is amiss. [double post - CF was quicker]

Oliver

CFTraveler
23rd April 2010, 02:16 PM
And I modified it. :D

niki123
23rd April 2010, 02:27 PM
Yes,only 2 windows were open when the reading was taken and it was climbing.Yes,I only have 6 windows in the whole apartment.There is another one but it's not supossed to open. :( Looks like I'll be freezing every stupid day !I asked the guy from the Health Department what do I do in the winter but he had no answer for me ! :cry:

CFTraveler
23rd April 2010, 02:29 PM
Get a few plants, and put them outside at night.

niki123
23rd April 2010, 02:47 PM
I can't buy plants andput them outside at night.My landlord has cameras outside and watches us like a hawk.God bless his soul(gggggggrrrrr,I'm being sarcastic here!)According to me ,he's a psychopat ! :( He really shouldn't want me to get upset!Even I don't want to see me upset! :twisted:

CFTraveler
23rd April 2010, 02:52 PM
Don't you have a balcony you can hang baskets in?

niki123
23rd April 2010, 03:26 PM
No such luxury as a balcony in ny.A balcony would have been nice. :)

CFTraveler
23rd April 2010, 03:43 PM
I still say you could get houseplants for the oxygen and at night put them in the front by the door, or by an open window.

ButterflyWoman
23rd April 2010, 04:49 PM
All I can do is ask you just how much crap you're willing to put up with? Terrible neighbors (who give your daughter nightmares), a really bad emotional/spiritual environment, now you're finding there's a really bad physical environment, and your landlord appears to be a complete tyrant. I don't get why you're so attached to that place, I really don't. It's not good for you, or for your family.

niki123
23rd April 2010, 06:16 PM
Oh,I'm not attached to it.I can't move because my lease does not expire until July 31 but I'm trying to do anything in my power to bring this creep to justice even if it means going public with this crap. :)

All I can do is ask you just how much crap you're willing to put up with? Terrible neighbors (who give your daughter nightmares), a really bad emotional/spiritual environment, now you're finding there's a really bad physical environment, and your landlord appears to be a complete tyrant. I don't get why you're so attached to that place, I really don't. It's not good for you, or for your family.

ButterflyWoman
23rd April 2010, 06:19 PM
I can't move because my lease does not expire until July 31
Ahhhh. Okay. That makes sense. I hope you're seriously investigating somewhere else to live. The place you're in now is toxic in every sense of the word. (I do feel for you on that, by the way; been there, done that.)