Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: what is grounding?

Alaskans Guest

what is grounding?

Lots of questions here.

When people mention some things I just draw a blank.
    I dont really understand what "grounding" is or what it is supose to do. Or why everyone talks about it. What is the symptoms of not enough grounding, how does it feel? And how does it feel to be grounded?

From what I know right now it seems like a bad thing.
    *What I gathered is it is basicly about being interested in the physical world.

*Some say you should do dirty things like eat bad food and drink? - I sometimes drink when I am feeling manic with pokey energy, it helps a lot, but I feel no different from hotdogs.

*Dont talk about spiritual or metaphysical stuff.

*Act like a human creature.- Humans place and allow limitations on themselves, does that mean no 'manifesting'??

I have some issues with that--
    *What others call 'grounding' behavior I call pointless waste of time, and a good way to dull perception.

*I dont believe in being very attached to anything. Seeing how negatively people naturally react to someone with any strong attachment Im certain it is truth. (Do YOU like stalkers much?)

*Attachments make me feel sick to very sick (and thats not a self created program).

*Earthly energies (like lust) make me feel very sick, and disorder my mind.

*I feel most comfortable and stable when I am floating around shooting moonbeams and rainbows at people, not when I'm digging a sewer line, and playing with dookie.

*I live life very simply. I want nothing for myself. Getting a good job to get a fancy car and expensive do-dads is out of the question; I dont care about 'stuff' and behavior like that would infringe on what I view as important.

*Does it mean I cannot use my spirit, 'extra perceptions,' or manifesting, because that would not be grounded behavior? That is a huge problem, thats the only way I really can help people, or make progress in something, plus its my only fun. I havent manifested anything in weeks because I understood that as "grounding" (or is it "lazy"??).

*Most of all, I'm miserable thinking and acting like a normal human creature rather than a spiritual being. Humans are built for suffering. We dont believe in that, correct?

Blog Entries

Re: what is grounding?

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskans
    Lots of questions here.

When people mention some things I just draw a blank.
    I dont really understand what "grounding" is or what it is supose to do. Or why everyone talks about it. What is the symptoms of not enough grounding, how does it feel? And how does it feel to be grounded?
    The earth is where you live, where you chose to incarnate to. To be grounded means many things to many people, but in simple terms it feels to 'feel' connected to Earth, to the mother-planet energy, to the energy of being and creating, and growing.
    It also means sending energy to the earth to help her heal.
    There is nothing 'bad' about this, because earth is not good or bad (as spirit isn't good or bad either, good or bad are human thoughtforms) and represent half of what we are here and now.

No, it's accepting and even cherishing your connection to the physical world. It is limited but it is full of experience- and that is what it's all about.

*Some say you should do dirty things like eat bad food and drink?
    I don't know who says to eat bad food or drink- and what is dirty about this. Dirty is the word we use to mean 'unclean'- to be clean is to remove that which is toxic to us (not 'bad'- what is bad for a hypoglicemic is not 'bad' for a diabetic) and grounding is a way of eliminating toxic energy- energy that the earth can take, and transmute into clean energy. Like the earth (and I mean 'dirt' here) can take animal manure and turn it into fertilizer- food for plants- there is nothing 'bad' about this, it is necessary for life.
    To categorize these functions are what we do, and our propensity to call such things 'bad' and 'good' according to our perceptions is one of the reasons we hurt ourselves so much- attaching all those negative connotations to something utterly innocent and pure.

It's more like 'don't obsess about things you don't have much control of, because a person who is having balance problems (and balance is what we're talking about here) is not able to distinguish what is good for them or bad for them. This is not a criticism, I have been in that position myself a few times. To obsess about one facet of our being is to neglect other facets of ourselves, and when there is inbalance, trouble usually follows.

*Act like a human creature.- Humans place and allow limitations on themselves, does that mean no 'manifesting'??
    I don't know who said that or what it means. But I have the feeling that this can be translated as "don't jump off a building because you think you can fly"- that would be what imbalanced means to me in this case. And whether we are eternal energy or not, that is not the way to find out, IMO.

*I dont believe in being very attached to anything.
    Well, not knowing 'exactly' where this came from, I'd add- a person attached to earthly pleasures is as unbalanced and unhealthy as a person attached to their idea of what 'holy' is, and can't do anything that isn't in that category. Attachment to virtue is as insidious as attachment to sex, because they are both extremes, and all extremes are not conducive to growth of any kind.

Earthly energies (like lust) make me feel very sick, and disorder my mind.
    I don't know that what you call 'lust' is an earthly attachment- if by 'lust' you mean 'want' or 'lack', then I'd agree, because to want is to believe is that you don't have, and that is error thinking (IMO)- but if you consider lust the drive to wholeness, the need to express love and joy, then I'd say no, in this case 'lust' is a wonderful thing. It's probably why sex is one thing we can do without a body, and why it's the only 'physical' thing we can bring to the astral. Because since we are all one, the drive to reintegrate is very real and part of the deal.

*I feel most comfortable and stable when I am floating around shooting moonbeams and rainbows at people, not when I'm digging a sewer line, and playing with dookie.
    And it's not for you to do- however, the earth can turn that dookie into food for other living beings, and this food is what is good for us, like veggies and fruit, for example. It's all part of the one.
    Part of our being 'here', is to live separately to experience, but we have to be careful on how we project our fears and defensive mechanisms- that poop is not healthy for any human to play with, and a human, as an animal with a sense of sight and smell, will not be attracted to it- but as a spiritual being we can look at this beautiful garden and experience the beauty and bliss that comes from appreciating how well all the parts go together to make it beautiful.

*Does it mean I cannot use my spirit, 'extra perceptions,' or manifesting, because that would not be grounded behavior?
    Once again, I'm not sure where that came from- however, I can say that as an almost-instant manifester, I have warned of being imbalanced and having highly developed manifesting powers. and what I meant by that is, that someone who angers quickly and manifests instantly is very dangerous, because they don't know what's good for everyone all the time.

Think of this for a second- Hitler was a good manifester- he rose to power almost immediately, and was extremely unbalanced. Because of how imbalanced he was, he caused incredible pain and suffering in the world- this is an extreme example of what can happen when you combine imbalance and the power to manifest.

I don't know how you connected grounding with 'dirty' or 'bad'- grounding is the act of identifying with the earth, and there is nothing wrong with that.
    *Most of all, I'm miserable thinking and acting like a normal human creature rather than a spiritual being.
    Normal humans are spiritual beings. Separating both means you don't realize that you are both at the same time, and attaching to one side over the other is- attachment, pure and simple.

Humans are built for suffering. We dont believe in that, correct?
    Correct. Humans, as animals, are built to experience. Humans, as spiritual beings, are experiencing material 'reality' and doing something with it. They are both grand and holy.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

3. Re: what is grounding?

Dear Alaskans,

I know exactly what you mean and I think you are exactly correct and I actually had the same feeling about "grounding". I'd like to know who came up with this asinine concept.

*Some say you should do dirty things like eat bad food and drink? - I sometimes drink when I am feeling manic with pokey energy, it helps a lot, but I feel no different from hotdogs.

Many people use excuses like this to justifie their own lack of spiritual development. Don't let them pull you down!

If you have no interest in wordly things that's great If you are living free from attachment that's even greater! And besides that, my spiritual sensor has been telling me all along that you are quite spiritually advanced within. I feel you are one of those who don't just spill empty words you actually live what you're saying.
    You don't need to expose yourself to the crap that the world has become. You don't have to, you are FREE! So be yourself and shine! Shine bright!!! (But then I know you are already trying to do that, right? )
    I will support you.

Let me tell you a little secret of mine. The world energy (like an all covering vibration) has been making me very sick personally for the last 2 years. It got very worse at the end of 2008. Since then it's been pretty hard for me. I reduce my suffering by reducing my spiritual awareness but as soon as I raise my spiritual awarenses again (thru meditation for example) i become aware of the enormous amount of negative energy that's all over the place and which increases by the month, by the way. Now I don't want to open myself up so much anymore for protection reasons. The Earth and it's etheric environment have simply become too putrid negative.

I like a quote from a very popular movie: "It's the world that is evil and selfish"

kind regards,

Paul

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

To me, "grounding" is like the energetic equivalent to electrical grounding. The idea being, you've got more energy than you're able to use going on in the upper chakras, and not enough activity or connection to the earth going on in the lower ones. In my case this would make me feel overly floaty and mentally unfocused and scattered, and less present when I'd want to be, like when working on a task or engaging socially.

I learned a simple technique where you just send awareness-action-roots down from the root chakra, through the legs, out the feet and into the earth, and intend that any excess energy goes out through them. Just this one little technique, done on an as-needed basis, took away a LOT of the symptoms I formerly associated with ADD.

The other things you mentioned (eating heavy foods, stopping spiritual pursuits, etc.) I've seen suggested when you've gone *way* overbalanced with the upper chakras, and need to "come down" quickly, or otherwise get yourself back on an even keel. I've said before myself that things like moderate drinking and not being overly picky about diet are some of the ways I stay balanced and get some enjoyment out of life in the physical, as I've got a lot of upper chakra stuff going on, which has been increasing especially more recently. There are probably various ways to get the same effect, but I think everyone has to decide on their own balance and methods in this regard; in my case I think I've played out the whole "ruthless ascetic" thing about as far as I wanna take it, lol.

Blog Entries

I just want to add that even though what I see proposed as grounding is to eat heavy foods (aka protein), not 'dirty' or 'bad' foods- junk- and yes, disassociating yourself from obsessive concern with eating 'right' is grounding- removing the attachment to this obsessive behavior.
    That doesn't mean that you should eat crap to ground yourself- and if you're not attracted to heavy protein then don't eat it- it's all about balance.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    I just want to add that even though what I see proposed as grounding is to eat heavy foods (aka protein), not 'dirty' or 'bad' foods- junk- and yes, disassociating yourself from obsessive concern with eating 'right' is grounding- removing the attachment to this obsessive behavior.
    That doesn't mean that you should eat crap to ground yourself- and if you're not attracted to heavy protein then don't eat it- it's all about balance.
    exactly. everything about 'grounding' teaches us what is consumable and what is not consumable, we as the consumer.

or what is us and what is not us, as all and individually as each in all.

this about everything we consume with all senses or combinations of senses, not just food per se, but in everything outlying is as food that would feed one's appetites wildly contingent to purely innocent desires.

the flip is though, in the event of understanding consumables to the within, is understanding what it is that has, is and should not be coming out of us.

as you mentioned, the obsessive behaviors, or as i said, the wild contingent appetites

with grounding one may redisover their purely innocent desire desiring, and from that, just be at rest and peace.

one does not have to cross over in death, to be pronounced as resting in peace. thus, we are in that final battle in defeat of death, a battle which dictates our surrender within of what is outside of our nature, that unalterbale nature being purely innocent.

sumptin like that
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

Blog Entries

Hey, CF.

Really wonderful explaining you did there. Many things I wholeheartedly agree with.

Oliver

Blog Entries

Thanks.

Alaskans Guest

I dont really get it
    Things I do get:
    - Using grounding as an excuse to not manifest & do your 'magic' thing is just that, an excuse.
    - Manifesting etc can actually be very grounding because you are interested in helping people on earth (correct?)
    - Getting dirty is not needed or recommended to 'ground'
    - Neither is getting confused, deluded, ignorant, obsessed, attached etc.
    - Palehorse's explaination
    - The main point of grounding is to be aware of lessons and new perspectives given to you

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny
    If you have no interest in wordly things that's great If you are living free from attachment that's even greater! And besides that, my spiritual sensor has been telling me all along that you are quite spiritually advanced within. I feel you are one of those who don't just spill empty words you actually live what you're saying.
    I try But I recently came to understand that I am not special. Everyone in the world is on the same journey. Nobody is more or less advanced, we are just on different pages of the same book. Maybe doesnt make a lot of sense but I like it. I can talk to just about anyone and learn something from them. I still greatly apreciate your post! Everyone wants to be believed in, if not by themselves, by others, thanks for believing.

My higher self has almost no understanding of masterbation, hes no help at all when I have a question!
    In a dream I met a greatly revered monk in the temple of rebirth who telepathicly conveyed to me every dream in my life, explaining each one, thousands within seconds. Afterwords he asked me what a spatula is, and what is the useage of toilet paper. Now thats ungrounded.
    Of course, they arent here, but to experience as them we must be like them. Why not always ascend to them (meta)physically, morally, and mentally but be aware of new lessons and understanding on earth?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskans
    I dont really get it
    Things I do get:
    - Using grounding as an excuse to not manifest & do your 'magic' thing is just that, an excuse.
    I don't understand this. Grounding is not an excuse to not manifest, I'm not clear on the connection you appear to be making.
    - Manifesting etc can actually be very grounding because you are interested in helping people on earth (correct?)
    Yes, as long as your intention is to be helpful. But manifesting is something that is automatic, we just notice the results when we do it on purpose.
    - Getting dirty is not needed or recommended to 'ground'
    It's not needed, but not exclusive. Think of gardening, for example. A great grounding method.
    - Neither is getting confused, deluded, ignorant, obsessed, attached etc.
    Correct. Actually, too much third eye activity is what causes delusions, and confusion; too much solar plexus chakra would cause obsession and attachment, and, well, ignorance is interesting. It can be caused by not enough third eye or not enough grounding either.
    - Palehorse's explaination
    Awesome.
    - The main point of grounding is to be aware of lessons and new perspectives given to you
    And to have a perspective from which to look at those lessons.