Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Astral depression

asa isar Guest

Astral depression

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi my name is Alex. I have been practicing yoga meditation for sometime and had some successes as far as personal development. All my experiences were firmly grounded in the body. I recently have been trying to astrally project. I found myself fully lucid the other morning and found I was able to stabalise by looking at my hands. In the excitement I had a good old explore. THe landscape was a take on my own neighbourhood. I flew through someones roof and tried to communicate with a father and son who seemed to be under duress from a middle aged woman.THere was a point when I thought, I've been out a long time.. 'oh know , how am I going to get back?' I felt the separation keenly. I remembered that just by remembering my body I should return to it. I did and woke up, and I excitedly wrote down my experience. Soon afterwards though I found myself utterly lost in my head.Everything has been stained by this absolute separation.
    Perhaps I stayed out too long, or went sideways?I have read that it is best to always rise? The moon was definately waning. I have felt teary all day today.All my yoga experiences seem to be lost under this terrible dispersion. I 'm sorry this is not so positive as most of the forums on here. I just felt I had to put it out there in the hope of some friendly advice.
    thanks

Re: Astral depression

Quote Originally Posted by asa isar
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi my name is Alex. I have been practicing yoga meditation for sometime and had some successes as far as personal development. All my experiences were firmly grounded in the body. I recently have been trying to astrally project. I found myself fully lucid the other morning and found I was able to stabalise by looking at my hands. In the excitement I had a good old explore. THe landscape was a take on my own neighbourhood. I flew through someones roof and tried to communicate with a father and son who seemed to be under duress from a middle aged woman.THere was a point when I thought, I've been out a long time.. 'oh know , how am I going to get back?' I felt the separation keenly. I remembered that just by remembering my body I should return to it. I did and woke up, and I excitedly wrote down my experience. Soon afterwards though I found myself utterly lost in my head.Everything has been stained by this absolute separation.
    Perhaps I stayed out too long, or went sideways?I have read that it is best to always rise? The moon was definately waning. I have felt teary all day today.All my yoga experiences seem to be lost under this terrible dispersion. I 'm sorry this is not so positive as most of the forums on here. I just felt I had to put it out there in the hope of some friendly advice.
    thanks
    I urge you to pray to Blessed Alphonsa of India. Her intercession is very powerful, for she suffered herself. I shall pray as well.

Blessed Alphonsa, praise the Lord...
    For His mercy endures forever!
    See Blessed Alphonsa in Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blessed_Alphonsa)…

Blog Entries
    You know what, I'm glad it's not positive. I'm feeling like ♥♥♥♥ today. I'm sick of reading the wonders of NEW. Personally, I just want to escape the endless cycle of rebirth. If I can discover how to do that, I will do it.

I do hope you're feeling better soon though.

(P.s. I do a sideways float thing too. Didn't know it was undesirable though.)
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

sash Guest
    There are always positive and negative experiences, I hope you have a better experience next time.

And what's this about going sideways?

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper
    You know what, I'm glad it's not positive. I'm feeling like ♥♥♥♥ today. I'm sick of reading the wonders of NEW. Personally, I just want to escape the endless cycle of rebirth. If I can discover how to do that, I will do it.

I do hope you're feeling better soon though.

(P.s. I do a sideways float thing too. Didn't know it was undesirable though.)
    Why so down? Life is Fantastic!

And what's this about going sideways? What's that supposed to mean?

Blog Entries
    Yeah, life's great and I'm a resilient person most the time but I'd just backed into someone's car before I posted. The day before, I got a $15000 tax bill. (New tax that the government just plucked out of the ether). So, I felt an afinity with Alex for the moment.

Enough about me. I'm done with feeling sorry for myself (trivial stuff in the grand scheme). How are you now Alex?
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

asa isar Guest

thanks

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes with car and tax Bill. Hope you've managed to sort it out.
    I'm feeling better guys, thanks for asking. I went to see a healer who helped me a lot. Grounded me.I still feel slightly out of phase but the feeling is not as bad. I am taking things real slowly for now.Not sure what happened other than I wasn't a tough as I thought I was.THink I hit a negative emotional pocket in my own aura that really tore me apart.
    THe rising thing-yeah-I have always understood from reading texts written by true adepts that it is always better to rise upwards-the notion up the more spiritual principles up high and the negative ones sinking. Sounds corny but the astral is symbolic and so has a set of rules just like the physical does- a plant has its roots in the earth and flower in the sun.
    As I understand it travelling on the astral is risky if there is no firm grounding in understanding it's symbols.THey can become obsessions and spill over into the waking state. Just Like a bad trip. I broke all these rules and have gotton badly bitten-Best text for dealing with the astral is Liber 0, by Aleister Crowley-bit tricky at first but there's some really good advice. I had a friend who suffered in a similar way years ago. He was always flying about, but he had no control and the images obsessed him. He's ok now. I'm sure some people have no problems, and good luck to them.
    Anyway-wish i'd read it and taken a little more notice
    thanks again for looking out for me.
    let me know what you think of liber O(type into google or whatever). Don't be put of by the scary people in hoods at the beginning-was to frighten of negative entities

Re: thanks

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes with car and tax Bill. Hope you've managed to sort it out.
    I'm feeling better guys, thanks for asking. I went to see a healer who helped me a lot. Grounded me.I still feel slightly out of phase but the feeling is not as bad. I am taking things real slowly for now.Not sure what happened other than I wasn't a tough as I thought I was.THink I hit a negative emotional pocket in my own aura that really tore me apart.
    THe rising thing-yeah-I have always understood from reading texts written by true adepts that it is always better to rise upwards-the notion up the more spiritual principles up high and the negative ones sinking. Sounds corny but the astral is symbolic and so has a set of rules just like the physical does- a plant has its roots in the earth and flower in the sun.
    As I understand it travelling on the astral is risky if there is no firm grounding in understanding it's symbols.THey can become obsessions and spill over into the waking state. Just Like a bad trip. I broke all these rules and have gotton badly bitten-Best text for dealing with the astral is Liber 0, by Aleister Crowley-bit tricky at first but there's some really good advice. I had a friend who suffered in a similar way years ago. He was always flying about, but he had no control and the images obsessed him. He's ok now. I'm sure some people have no problems, and good luck to them.
    Anyway-wish i'd read it and taken a little more notice
    thanks again for looking out for me.
    let me know what you think of liber O(type into google or whatever). Don't be put of by the scary people in hoods at the beginning-was to frighten of negative entities
    I would think that Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce can't be beaten. But who am I to say?

asa isar Guest

Astral is not self realisation

Hi Sophronicus,thanks again for your kindness to me when I was in trouble. Yes to Robert Bruce. A truly gifted man but a the astral realms although an important aspect of self are only a another vibration of consciousness and equally as deceptive as the material world(they have a sting too-dont I know it!). To master them is a very great achievement but on the scale of attainment they are considered to be a distraction and only useful if they direct the aspirant to disciplined meditation. Most systems of attainment pay little attention to traveling out of the body.
    Good for Robert Bruce for helping people wanting to walk in the astral, but he is not a master. He hasn't discovered anything new, just retold ancient systems that are always in the subconscious anyway.THe mastering of the astral planes is one of the first requirements within any serious mystery school, after that the serious work begins. See account of grade system of the argentum Astrum, or Golden Dawn.Robert's descriptions are purely astral experiences, even his experiences of the summer planes etc are still routed firmly within the realms of duality-he observes the feast but does not partake.Astral travel is not transendental. Atainment is beyond the illusion of images.THere is no garuntee of self realisation on the astral. The true adepts are such people as Dion Fortune(see the mystical Qabalah-great book!), Aleister Crowley, Israel Regardie, Madame Blavatsky, Osho, Jesus Christ(in the gnostic sense), Buddha, the guy I met the other day on the train...etc
    'THere is a story about a student of the Zen Master Dogen who came to the master and reported that, deep in meditation, he had seen a great white light, in the centre of which was the Buddha. Expecting praise at his spiritual advancement, he was somewhat crestfallen when Dogen replied "That's nice. If you concentrate on your breathing, it will go away." '(Phil Hine, Prime Chaos).
    The schools see astral travel as a way of training the mind, nothing more-until life and death are annhilated through union there is only illusion and separation. Just because you are dead or out of the body doesn't mean you are in unity with the divine.
    this is therapy for me.Thanks
    Alex

Re: Astral is not self realisation

Hi Sophronicus,thanks again for your kindness to me when I was in trouble. Yes to Robert Bruce. A truly gifted man but a the astral realms although an important aspect of self are only a another vibration of consciousness and equally as deceptive as the material world(they have a sting too-dont I know it!). To master them is a very great achievement but on the scale of attainment they are considered to be a distraction and only useful if they direct the aspirant to disciplined meditation. Most systems of attainment pay little attention to traveling out of the body.
    Good for Robert Bruce for helping people wanting to walk in the astral, but he is not a master. He hasn't discovered anything new, just retold ancient systems that are always in the subconscious anyway.THe mastering of the astral planes is one of the first requirements within any serious mystery school, after that the serious work begins. See account of grade system of the argentum Astrum, or Golden Dawn.Robert's descriptions are purely astral experiences, even his experiences of the summer planes etc are still routed firmly within the realms of duality-he observes the feast but does not partake.Astral travel is not transendental. Atainment is beyond the illusion of images.THere is no garuntee of self realisation on the astral. The true adepts are such people as Dion Fortune(see the mystical Qabalah-great book!), Aleister Crowley, Israel Regardie, Madame Blavatsky, Osho, Jesus Christ(in the gnostic sense), Buddha, the guy I met the other day on the train...etc
    'THere is a story about a student of the Zen Master Dogen who came to the master and reported that, deep in meditation, he had seen a great white light, in the centre of which was the Buddha. Expecting praise at his spiritual advancement, he was somewhat crestfallen when Dogen replied "That's nice. If you concentrate on your breathing, it will go away." '(Phil Hine, Prime Chaos).
    The schools see astral travel as a way of training the mind, nothing more-until life and death are annhilated through union there is only illusion and separation. Just because you are dead or out of the body doesn't mean you are in unity with the divine.
    this is therapy for me.Thanks
    Alex
    Very well. You take the high road. I'll take the low road. Good luck!