Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Enargo's Dream Journal

Re: Enargo's Dream Journal

Idk. It was really quick and for some reason it it was a shock (the kind of shock you get when you're not paying attention and someone surprises you). The sheets I was laying in felt a lot thinner and somehow stiffer (hard to describe). The event happened (in my perspective) in about 5-15 seconds (and not an exaggeration). I'm not quiet sure what an RTZ is. thanks for the help baalixan.

RTZ = real time zone. i've had obe's before where it was a bit of a shock, especially when the paralysis kicks in with out intending it to, and feeling the sudden seperation. suddenly i'm out, i realize it isn't what my rational brain deems normal, so it doesn't last more then a few seconds.

just the fact that you experienced it so vividly and it fits the general description of a RTZ projection, i'd say its likely that it was, even with out other 'exit' sensations
    "It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours.
    It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell." -Buddha

it's odd because I never hit sleep paralysis (atleast I don't think). Before that it was a blur, but right before I noticed the change I felt so relaxed I never felt that relaxed in my entire life. I remember that I was able to see everything, even when it was dark, almost like how a cartoon is at night (except nothing looked cartoony).

it can be hard to maintain awareness in those states when you enter them, so some things may have happened that passed by without notice. the paralysis can come on as a deep relaxation, weightlessness, and when your not used to it(or it happens suddenly) there can be a sense of clausterphobia because the suprise makes u want to move and when u try you can(unless you got to the point of seperation)
    "It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours.
    It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell." -Buddha

I guesse I can call this a success(?)

i would

Blog Entries

Hello, Enargo.

I agree with baalixan - this sounds like success to me.

Don't have too many expectations about what is supposed to happen or how and how it works. Just let it unfold. I nearly missed my first lucid dream because it was a WILD.

I was not convinced I was asleep, I thought I was making it up. So, I walked through a dark-ish corridor and thought I was just making it up. I was not really fully immersed in it. I came towards the end of the corridor, looked to my right, and outside the window was something looking like outer space.

I hadn't expected that. By meeting the unexpected I suddenly realised I wasn't just making this up. It was indeed "happening."

Many valid experiences are discounted or explained away. The sooner you drop that behaviour and notice what actually happened - the unexpected and unexplained at that point - the closer you get to having other meaningful experiences.

My recommendation: Don't chase an imaginary ideal. Don't expect it to be like this or that. Just realise that you had a definite success, that such experiences are possible at all and therefore it is quite possible further things will develop for you.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

PS - I wonder how many people gained consciousness out-of-body, went to the toilet because they couldn't quite remember why they were up and went back to sleep because they never noticed the slightest discrepancy between their bedroom while awake and while asleep.

Hence noticing that your sheet was different and remembering that you did not go to the store to get new sheets are actually quite promising signs of lucidity. In dreams and OBEs the mind really can explain away a lot of things, even the weirdest stuff.

Don't underestimate what happened here.

Cheers,
    Oliver

I wasn't trying to explain it. It was like one of those nights where you wake up for nearly no reason and the only thing you have left is to try to sleep. I think, mentioning you comment I might have almost regained lucidity if I remembered I didn't go to the store that day XD. Usually I don't bring much mind in my dreams when it "feels real" because almost all my dreams feel real. This was the only time I actually thought logically, not to mention there was (with the exception of the sheets) no environment changes at all so it was pretty tough to say "wait I'm dreaming".

Blog Entries

Hey, Enargo.

Thinking logically in a dream is actually a good start.

Cheers,
    Oliver