Thread: Lucid Dream or OBE?

1. Lucid Dream or OBE?

This afternoon I took a nap and I'm not sure exactly what I was experiencing. I fell asleep but soon, I was either dreaming that I was floating (in the same room as I was sleeping, but certain things were slightly different. I then floated out the window, saw people walking down the street and was under the impression that I was viewing what was really happening in the real world but then realized that there were major differences. Stores in different places, etc. And it didn't really feel like a lucid dream, I can't really describe it but it felt unlike anything I've every experienced. And I flew toward the ground and went right through it, and there were different layers, as if there were different floors under there, and each had its own thing (one had dinosaurs, one had what appeared to be a weird breed of humans)..
    So does this sound like it was astral projection? Or a lucid dream that happened to take place where I was sleeping? There weren't any side effects going into it, I just remember falling right asleep and then a few minutes later going into this.
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Re: Lucid Dream or OBE?

Hello, mpchead621.

Lucidity is not necessarily an on/off phenomenon, but there are degrees involving clarity, detail of recall, richness of sense experience, ability to think logically, for example.

You seem to have been in an astral realm - your initial location mirrored your physical location (with reality fluctuations) but then you found stranger places.

Be well,
    Oliver