Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Deliberately intercepting dreams with music

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper
    In one of my favourite dreams ever I was an old time school mistress at an old fashioned girls' boarding school. It was like a scene out of a musical. The girls gathered around the piano and I launched into this fantastically quick, rollicking-good, jazzy-rock number, that I was improvising as I went. (I couldn't play piano in real life at the time.) The only lyrics I recall are, "You can't channel Buddah through your crystal earrings." The girls joined in and there was a whole lot of skilled dancing going on. Fun.

As a teen, I was always in the school musicals (usually sweet girl-next-door type roles). Performing* or auditioning is still a common motif in my dreams even though I haven't done it for years. I'm sure I know the lyrics of songs in my sleep that I certainly don't know in waking life. I can also hit notes that I can't hit when awake.

*Funny thought: one of those dream performances was me flying and the audience, which included a bishop, being scandalised. I was only about 19 at the time and not into AP at all.
    I know nothing about channeling Buddha. But I do know that Robert Bruce said some people have problems in an OBE exit caused by jewelry.

Re: Deliberately intercepting dreams with music

Quote Originally Posted by gavi dvan
    Something I have found to be a heck of a lot of fun is deliberately intercepting my dreams with music. Wahay!

What I'll do is leave a selection of familiar music on loop all night and eventually some of those sogns squeeze their way into my head while I'm asleep, without actually waking me up of course.

It's come through in a variety of ways, such as:

-In my dream I am watching TV, the song comes on as if the band were playing it live. (I kind of vary between watching TV and actually being there - weird.) This was cool because it was a random System Of A Down song off the newest album that I'm pretty sure has never even been played live, but I still feel as if I've now seen them do it.
    -I'm out somewhere and a person I am with starts reciting the lyrics perfectly. (Often happens with hip-hop.) Sometimes I am joining in.
    -Music over the speakers in a supermarket
    -I'm in a cinema and the song plays as the credits roll. This happens fairly often.

I find it's a lot of fun and injects some new kind of life into the song at hand. Anyone else had similar experience, or can shed any light onto this?
    It wasn't deliberate -- and it didn't involve music. But I remember one time I fell asleep with a radio on. It was set to a Latino station. Well, I woke up dreaming that I was talking to someone who spoke Spanish. In real life, I don't know a word of Spanish. But it seemed like I did in the dream.

Blog Entries
    Hola, Soph!
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    Hola, Soph!
    Oh, yea, Hi!