Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: switching on the lights

switching on the lights

last night, i was dreaming about some attractive female, trying to tempt me into some sort of situation.
    i can't really remember the details now, but they're not important. what's important is what actually happened.
    i was going along with her, allowing myself to be tempted by her, when i suddenly realised, "this is a simulation".
    i thought to myself, "you should be resisting temptation, this is a test!"
    so i stopped what was i was doing. then everything else stopped too.
    all the other dream characters that were around, the sounds, everything.
    i said to some unseen presence, "can i go back and try again?", knowing that's what would usually happen during a simulation.
    "no"
    so there i was, just kinda hanging around in this dream scenario, that had come to a standstill. nothing happening.
    it was just like a fairground ride that i was once on, that had a problem. they had to stop it, and switch on the lights, and everything was revealed, all the illusions laid bare for all to see.
    kinda weird to be there like that...
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

Re: switching on the lights

A cool experience, nonetheless.

I'm tempted to create a thread asking people on these forums if they're having a lot of experiences like these at the moment. For me, it seems a lot of this type of thing is happening very readily currently and my more psychic friends are also reporting an escalation in interesting experiences.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

well, i can tell you i have been too.
    and more regular "psychic" stuff has been happening in daily life, which i just put down to growing awareness.
    it'd be interesting to see if it's widespread.

allow the "simulation" to run, but instead of being tempted by the "whore", defy that and identify the woman who would be loved if 'whore' were not seen to be. one cannot run from what in them sets up the dream, so the dream informs through the unconscious precedence set, that will inevitably play out in the conscious part of life. ultimately this beginning within the dream 'test run' determines the real test. but it is actually the greater sense of you in a state of readiness preparing the lesser senses of you perhaps estranged to what is 'woman'. is she the tempting whore or is she by your sight cast as whore?

therein bro are you. understand though, even as a woman would give way in the world to the part cast as whore; she seen for what woman really is..is also the end of her being cast, and the beginning where she might freely give from herself beyond any past expectation assembled in one's temptation.

dont be afraid to be tempted, or run from it. feel it, learn from it what it is, then speak to it while in it, befriending it as some estranged part of yourself. kinda like that friend who just aint quite got all his marbles but despite that has something redeemable and always proves to be the best friend.

nothin wrong with identifying a female's sexual beauty, or dressing her up in the dream, it is just about the estrangement, the temptation to take from what has voluntarily assumed what would see. she will give you her all, for she already has, or you wouldnt even be here to ponder the all.
    that is the point, about seeing for who she is, and putting the right sight on her as you 'covering' her.

seeing as she voluntarily dawns the guise by your will, it is now one's best interest to set her free to choose her own guise. if done, dont be surprised by the fact that she knowing what you love, shows up in her sexiest 'lack of' regalia not from a voluntary mechanism, but rather from her own will that will instead now...turn your world upside down as opposed to having had her identity turned upside down in wrong sight.

so, dont shut it down, let it run, face what is you needing to be faced.

a penny's worth,

tim
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

thanks Tim.
    i was too busy "marvelling" at the mechanism of the simulation/test, that i wasn't paying attention to the content of the lesson.

Blog Entries

Hello, Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Templar
    last night, i was dreaming about some attractive female, trying to tempt me into some sort of situation.
    i can't really remember the details now, but they're not important. what's important is what actually happened.
    i was going along with her, allowing myself to be tempted by her, when i suddenly realised, "this is a simulation".
    I know what you mean. But basically every dream has some aspects of a simulation. You can run through experiences that you then do not have to experience in physical reality, according to Charles. I have to dig up the quote. This is a bit different from a simulation that is set up to teach you a skill.

i thought to myself, "you should be resisting temptation, this is a test!"
    so i stopped what was i was doing. then everything else stopped too.
    Now, here I think is the difference. Instead of actually resisting the temptation, instead of treating this as a dry run, you actually abort the whole experience. You are convinced that the whole scenario is a set-up, so you cancel out the scenario itself instead of inspecting the lesson. You are not saying "What are my options?" (in such a situation) You're aborting the situation itself, which would not be an option if you experienced this situation in waking life.

In a dream last week I realised in some part "This is not real." Events moved on but I had the strong feeling that this had happened before. But then I decided to nevertheless react like I would if the event was real, in a way. In other words, I played along. And the dream picked back up and delivered a meaningful message a friend interpreted for me.

all the other dream characters that were around, the sounds, everything.
    i said to some unseen presence, "can i go back and try again?", knowing that's what would usually happen during a simulation.
    "no"
    so there i was, just kinda hanging around in this dream scenario, that had come to a standstill. nothing happening.
    it was just like a fairground ride that i was once on, that had a problem. they had to stop it, and switch on the lights, and everything was revealed, all the illusions laid bare for all to see.
    kinda weird to be there like that...
    I think the conclusion you came to prevented to go through with the purpose this scenario was originally made for. I remember something similar in Kurt's writings - when people become lucid during astral projection training simulations and then abort the whole simulation inadvertently and wake up (frustrated). Your mind in that moment is moving in a direction that is incompatible with the energetic setup around you. The lesson is aborted, the setup does no longer work for you.

As you are still in the same state of mind it might be pointless to rerun the scenario. Okay, I'm guessing here...

Cool experience, in any case.

Be well,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

Ah, here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by Charles (Kurt Leland's nonphysical teacher)
    Your dreams set up the circumstances that you need to learn from in a form in
    which you can complete all that growth on the astral plane, so the event has no
    need to show up in physical reality. But it’s necessary that you participate in the
    dream as consciously as possible--that you remember it; and that you have some
    idea of what it means, and, if necessary, what to do about what it means. There’s a
    lot of potential harm, or what you would experience as harm in your life, that you
    can avoid by paying attention to your dreams.
    (CL357)

This is from an excerpt of one of the "classroom lessons" (abbreviated CL for reference purposes).

Oliver

Korpo,

yeah! exactly...

precedence is set in the unscious world of dreams. our first field to deal with and hopefully avoid the greater measure following in our conscious world.

this all works into the scripture, and i paraphrase, "the light revealed itself to the darkness and the darkness knew it not".

this operative clue to the mystery dictates that one turn the way they see the preceding dream pov and the following world pov/ instead of seeing the dream>world as it seems, as the dark deliverer of woe, one sees themself in it with that light both predisposing them in the dream to a part of themself darkly developing as a sensationalized scenario, and the following disposition in the world at whatever capacity that the lucid dreamer operatively overcame said dream sequence.

therefore the dream sequence precedes the world consequence. utilizing this function functionally provides minimalization of world consequences.

or archetypal functions precede actual living members in the shared life of functions/dysfunctions.

so like ya said, dont shut it down, be the lucid participant without 'pass or fail' mind, working out from dream to world in baby steps.

ego claims more than one really is, so we got to be rawly honest about what goes on sequentially that we are prepared consequentially.

oft times a dream is from and about the collective, seeming too big for our lil ole self, but even if we witness the sequence with hearted peace in mind, we can do our lil ole part in balancing the possibilitys of collective consequences.

better to grieve the sequence than to grieve in the consequential world.

tim
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

ok, well, this experience is typical of my dream experiences of late.
    i'm lucid, but only to the point of being aware that it's not waking reality.
    for example, i can jump off the top of a skyscraper, fully aware that i'm in no danger, and land without fear of death.
    but i rarely get to that point where i say to myself "this is a dream", and gain full lucidity, and, therefore, control of the scenario.

only maybe twice in the past six months, have i actually gained full lucidity. it only happens, when i verbally think those words - "this is a dream".
    if i don't do that, i'm aware of my decision making, but not fully consciously in control.

am i making sense here?
    it's like i'm 95% lucid.
    for a while i was quite happy with that, for the exact reason that's been stated in the responses here - i am still going thru with whatever the dream throws at me, and i know that's the most beneficial for me.
    but if i'm now sabotaging the lesson, cos i'm lucid enough to know what's happening, but not lucid enough to take full control and allow the dream to play out, well, that's no good.

i have enough problems sabotaging myself in waking reality. i don't need to hold myself back in my dream-time too.

Blog Entries

ok, well, this experience is typical of my dream experiences of late.
    Hi Neil. This is now normal for me, I think I've talked about it here somewhere.
    i'm lucid, but only to the point of being aware that it's not waking reality.
    for example, i can jump off the top of a skyscraper, fully aware that i'm in no danger, and land without fear of death.
    but i rarely get to that point where i say to myself "this is a dream", and gain full lucidity, and, therefore, control of the scenario.
    Yep. Ditto.

am i making sense here?
    it's like i'm 95% lucid.
    Yep.

for a while i was quite happy with that, for the exact reason that's been stated in the responses here - i am still going thru with whatever the dream throws at me, and i know that's the most beneficial for me.
    but if i'm now sabotaging the lesson, cos i'm lucid enough to know what's happening, but not lucid enough to take full control and allow the dream to play out, well, that's no good.
    I disagree. I don't think you're sabotaging the lesson- the lesson may very well be that you are becoming more lucid all of the time. That everything that happens, while awake or asleep, is created by your own mind, and that there are other realities that are differently real, but real nonetheless.

I don't know if taking control of the dream is supposed to be a crowning achievement or not- I personally don't value it - I prefer to know what everything means in the dream (and I also realize that my 'goal' or 'truth' may not be your 'truth'- all I can say is that I'm in a similar boat (with the 'almost' lucidity) but I don't consider it a waste, I just think maybe there is more to be learned in these situations when I'm sure the dream is a dream and not an alternate environment I'm experiencing with it's own reality.
    Or maybe it's my own way of losing touch with physical reality, IDK.
    Just sort of musing here.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.