Thread: Vampiric Pleasantries & The Dead Horse

Vampiric Pleasantries & The Dead Horse

Heya fellas! Hope you are well. Here are two of my dreams that feel important.

2010 05 30

Vampiric pleasantries

I find myself on the platform of my local train station in the middle of the night. It is a dark night, and the air is foggy and heavy. I had in an earlier overlapping dream had vampiric superpowers were I could summon different creatures to fight for me, to defeat my enemies that were chasing me. Now, it was time to leave, and thus, I went to the train station. I feel nothing special.
    I decide to take the train towards the countryside direction instead of going into Stockholm. The train rolls in, and the first two parts are full of people. There is no way to enter into those. In the 3rd and 4th wagon there are only a few people sitting casually and minding their own business. I get the impression these wagons were for the people of power. “I don’t care” I think to myself. “ I’m going in!”
    The train starts moving and I get in, and I find an empty seat. (The entire wagon is open and you can look from one end to the other while sitting down, like in a subway train.)
    The few people around me (perhaps 8-10) starts to clear their throats to get my attention, and I look to my left, and there is a waitress there, bringing me a fancy bottle of Coke on a silver platter. “This is for you” There is also two tickets of some kind that I receive. “You might want to hold on to those” I hear a voice in front of me. A bald man has taken a seat, he is wearing casual clothing and there is nothing remarkable about him at all, except his gaze, which locks mine.
    I feel respect for him, and shy amazement. I feel like a little kid seeing a monster truck for the first time. I offer him one of my tickets as a thanks for the Coke, but he doesn’t take it. “Save it” he and everyone around me says at the same time. I look around. There are 3 girls in my age dressed in early 1900s clothing, the look at me with joy. There are 3 people behind me that I can’t see, but I feel they’re all focused on me.
    “You now know how to propel yourself along the railway track with a railway hand car (Its the thing that looks like this: ) and now you are on a real train. It feels good, right?" I don't remember his exact phrasing, but it was something like that.
    "Where do you want to get off?" He asks me. I don't answer, but I feel I should get off soon. I am suddenly at the door. They all look at me. I woke up before I got of the train.

Note: I experienced my largest conciousness shift ever the next morning. What I dont understand is the last part of the dream. What does getting off the train mean?

2010 05 31
    The Dead Horse
    Me and my best friend is on a large bus on the way to Berlin. I get the impression we’ve been planning this trip for quite some time. I look out at the beautiful view of the fields and woods of northern Germany, as the pass on outside the window. I feel good.
    Suddenly, the bus stops. Ahead on both sides of the road are dead brown horses. And on the middle of the road is another dead horse, split on the middle into two parts. ”This happens sometimes”, says the anonymous driver. I feel nothing for the horse, it is dead, and we continue our journey onward.
    I accidentally push the “service please” button (like the ones they have on airplanes), and the driver looks back at me and yells: “Yeah! What do you want!?!?” “I tell him I’m sorry, I pushed the button, and there’s nothing to do about it now. Get over it! We continue on, I feel forgiven.
    The roads change, become wider. Snow falls slowly down and covers the landscape, brown soil peeks through the white layer here and there. And there we are, in Berlin. I feel anticipation.
    And suddenly, we shift into an apartment in Berlin. It’s my parents’ apartment, that’s somehow situated there now. We’re watching TV and relaxing before we leave for exploring. I say: “Let’s plan ahead! What do we want to see?” My friend says: “I say we skip the planning.” Then I wake up.

Note: Is the city and the apartment of any significance here?
    ...but my words like silent raindrops fell
    and echoed in the wells of silence.

Re: Vampiric Pleasantries & The Dead Horse

Quote Originally Posted by farewell2arms
    Heya fellas! Hope you are well. Here are two of my dreams that I feel are important.

2010 05 30

Vampiric pleasantries

I find myself on the platform of my local train station in the middle of the night. It is a dark night, and the air is foggy and heavy. I had in an earlier overlapping dream had vampiric superpowers were I could summon different creatures to fight for me, to defeat my enemies that were chasing me. Now, it was time to leave, and thus, I went to the train station. I feel nothing special.
    I decide to take the train towards the countryside direction instead of going into Stockholm. The train rolls in, and the first two parts are full of people. There is no way to enter into those. In the 3rd and 4th wagon there are only a few people sitting casually and minding their own business. I get the impression these wagons were for the people of power. “I don’t care” I think to myself. “ I’m going in!”
    The train starts moving and I get in, and I find an empty seat. (The entire wagon is open and you can look from one end to the other while sitting down, like in a subway train.)
    The few people around me (perhaps 8-10) starts to clear their throats to get my attention, and I look to my left, and there is a waitress there, bringing me a fancy bottle of Coke on a silver platter. “This is for you” There is also two tickets of some kind that I receive. “You might want to hold on to those” I hear a voice in front of me. A bald man has taken a seat, he is wearing casual clothing and there is nothing remarkable about him at all, except his gaze, which locks mine.
    I feel respect for him, and shy amazement. I feel like a little kid seeing a monster truck for the first time. I offer him one of my tickets as a thanks for the Coke, but he doesn’t take it. “Save it” he and everyone around me says at the same time. I look around. There are 3 girls in my age dressed in early 1900s clothing, the look at me with joy. There are 3 people behind me that I can’t see, but I feel they’re all focused on me.
    “You now know how to propel yourself along the railway track with a railway hand car (Its the thing that looks like this: ) and now you are on a real train. It feels good, right?" I don't remember his exact phrasing, but it was something like that.
    "Where do you want to get off?" He asks me. I don't answer, but I feel I should get off soon. I am suddenly at the door. They all look at me. I woke up before I got of the train.

Note: I experienced my largest conciousness shift ever the next morning. What I dont understand is the last part of the dream. What does getting off the train mean?
    this one seems to be about a change from working hard to get where you are going, to a more leisurely approach that quickly delivers you to a destination. the two tickets promise a copassenger that would be familiar to you along on the leisurely ride. your attitude before boarding the train was cautious, as if you had to force your self-identity into a train car that seemed to be for those of a higher modality. this speaks of readiness for wild and free despite the worldly identity's misgivings of self.

Quote Originally Posted by farewell2arms
    2010 05 31
    The Dead Horse
    Me and my best friend is on a large bus on the way to Berlin. I get the impression we’ve been planning this trip for quite some time. I look out at the beautiful view of the fields and woods of northern Germany, as the pass on outside the window. I feel good.
    Suddenly, the bus stops. Ahead on both sides of the road are dead brown horses. And on the middle of the road is another dead horse, split on the middle into two parts. ”This happens sometimes”, says the anonymous driver. I feel nothing for the horse, it is dead, and we continue our journey onward.
    I accidentally push the “service please” button (like the ones they have on airplanes), and the driver looks back at me and yells: “Yeah! What do you want!?!?” “I tell him I’m sorry, I pushed the button, and there’s nothing to do about it now. Get over it! We continue on, I feel forgiven.
    The roads change, become wider. Snow falls slowly down and covers the landscape, brown soil peeks through the white layer here and there. And there we are, in Berlin. I feel anticipation.
    And suddenly, we shift into an apartment in Berlin. It’s my parents’ apartment, that’s somehow situated there now. We’re watching TV and relaxing before we leave for exploring. I say: “Let’s plan ahead! What do we want to see?” My friend says: “I say we skip the planning.” Then I wake up.

Note: Is the city and the apartment of any significance here?
    In america we have a saying, "ya can't beat a dead horse", and when we see someone that begrudgingly wont let the past go, we say, "stop beating a dead horse".

so this may be sign that within yourself are a few dead horses yet being beaten, perhaps having to do with the characters of the dream, about the past and getting over it. like, you seem to have something to say, yet when called upon for having pushed someone's button/s you decline to say.

i agree with your friend, planning is always contingent on the past irreconciliations, as if by going to newness in such detail we will be shed of the detailing oldness. hard to leave you behind when it is you carrying the past into possible new horizons.

seems to be all about a breakthrough from one struggling modality of being to a more leisurely modality of being where the burdens have been left behind. like you chose the easy going country side as opposed to one more trip to the hussle and bussle of the city.
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

Re: Vampiric Pleasantries & The Dead Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Tutor
    this one seems to be about a change from working hard to get where you are going, to a more leisurely approach that quickly delivers you to a destination. the two tickets promise a copassenger that would be familiar to you along on the leisurely ride. your attitude before boarding the train was cautious, as if you had to force your self-identity into a train car that seemed to be for those of a higher modality. this speaks of readiness for wild and free despite the worldly identity's misgivings of self.
    This feels very true, though I do not know who this copassenger might be... but there is a girl I know who has a rare disease that gives her chronic pain, and I've offered her my copy of "Energy Work". She hasn't answered yet.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tutor
    In america we have a saying, "ya can't beat a dead horse", and when we see someone that begrudgingly wont let the past go, we say, "stop beating a dead horse".

so this may be sign that within yourself are a few dead horses yet being beaten, perhaps having to do with the characters of the dream, about the past and getting over it. like, you seem to have something to say, yet when called upon for having pushed someone's button/s you decline to say.

i agree with your friend, planning is always contingent on the past irreconciliations, as if by going to newness in such detail we will be shed of the detailing oldness. hard to leave you behind when it is you carrying the past into possible new horizons.

seems to be all about a breakthrough from one struggling modality of being to a more leisurely modality of being where the burdens have been left behind. like you chose the easy going country side as opposed to one more trip to the hussle and bussle of the city.
    You're right. I guess I haven't relaxed, really relaxed in quite a while. And here I thought it would make things harder, like concentration... but it's easier!

As always Tim, you're a real treasure.
    ...but my words like silent raindrops fell
    and echoed in the wells of silence.