ouah, I had an amazing day at work today, they organize lectures during lunchtime and today's topic was 'the brain' 300 people attended which is a real miracle. the neuroscientist is really specialized in the science of the brain, but he has the philosophy that "brain = super modern computer'
although I told him that as soon as he was talking about emotions etc...he was using the word "mind" as opposed to brain and asked him whether the mind was part of the brain.
anyway, after the lecture, I went and asked him about these galantamine pills because they work wonders for me but I barely use them because there are so many warning on internet. He said that as long as it didn't give side effects, it is fine to take them. I insisted on the long term and he said they were ok. I want to keep my reservation but I'm really wondering what people really working in that field think about galantamine.
During the lecture he said something like "we learn things during the night, but NEVER new things, it's impossible"
Now, I'm not an expert in lucid dreaming and I don't believe that anything is possible in LD's as my last one didn't allow me to fly to the moon ( )... but,
I'm wondering if what he said is true and if it is not, then I would propose that I ask a teacher to teach me a langage I don't know at all during my dreams to prove that it is possible to learn new things, I could try to call for an entity to teach me even if I'm not aware of it.
I know what I'm writing sounds crazy but it all comes down to that : is it possible to learn something we cannot possibly know during a dream ? (problem solving is not really a new thing as you know the problem, you know the theory behind but have not made a link between the two).
it would such a great way to prove that, spookie spookie, there is something out there !
I hope it makes sense