Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: carsten888's MAP Journal

Re: day 25: where is the heart-energy-center?

It's my understanding that the heart center is smack in the middle of the chest, over the sternum. I've heard it said that the chakras are actually connected to the spine, through the body, so if that's true then it makes sense that it's in the middle.

Re: day 22: how to get energy into the base center?

I push the energy up to the area, and kind of imagine it sitting there amorphously, half in and half out of my body, like a ball floating on water. I've always thought of it as not getting it into the center, but as just putting it there, like stacking the groceries on the table. More like loading a brush with paint.

I don't have a copy of the book on the couch with me, but I'm guessing you're talking about primary center stimulation. What you want to get is a ball of energy that you're going to use to rub around on your energy center, to get it stimulated, like tickling your foot with a feather. You're not feeding the energy into it, so much, except for (I would have to guess) the energy it might naturally soak up by being stimulated.

Re: clear mind. clear of word-based chatter but with images?

I would say don't worry too much about the hypnagogic imagery, since I wouldn't call that necessarily thinking. If you think they're getting in the way, of course, that's a different story.

Re: leg bounce, no speed, no sensation, losing focus

I used to have this problem. Practice will truly get rid of it. Just do your 1.5 second bounce, and try to go faster. Just like you're trying out for track. You can only go as fast as you can go, but if you do that enough, you'll notice you're able to go faster.

Re: brush/sponge speed and heartbeat/breath speed

Whatever feels right for you.

Re: day 22: how to get energy into the base center?

thanks.

what seems to work for me now is to pull energy up on the inhale, collecting it around the center, and on the exhale kind of push it against the primary center with a spin, like blowing against a plastic kiddies windmill toy-thing (sorry kind of hard to explain) so I give the center a spinning sensation, which turns it on. I do 3 times inhale-exhale like that, and then some of these: brushing/spinning/breaking bread/camera shutter actions.

I'm not sure when when to stop. In 'the book' it says somewhere to stop when you feel the sensations, somewhere else it says to do this for 5 minutes per center. Most of the centers become noticible in seconds, but my heart I can work on for 5 minutes and hardly feel a thing. (see my other thread). Maybe I'm just heartless. Or my heartcenter really is in a different place.

When to stop? When sensations are felt or 5 minutes?
    in this dimension, time is the name for the motion of consiousness.

@Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bridges
    Whatever feels right for you.
    how is it going with the book promotion?
    in this dimension, time is the name for the motion of consiousness.

dreamosis Guest

The physical heart is really only slightly to the left in the chest; it's more like the middle-left. It feels to the left because the aorta (the biggest artery in the body) branches to the left. Your left lung is somewhat smaller than your right because the heart is a little left.

In my experiences with feeling and seeing the heart center, it is central though, located in the breastbone.

Alaskans Guest

My heart chakra moved up into the center of my head Possibly because I create emotions and energies willfully since finding all the reasons for creating emotions to be superfluous. I dont know where it is now, I usually only feel them when they move. You ever hear of something like that happening?

Quote Originally Posted by carsten888
    how is it going with the book promotion?
    I think it's time to call it quits. I'm writing articles now, though, and I can make real tangible dollars that way!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast