Thread: a new school?

a new school?

once again, i requested to meet with a guide, as i settled down to sleep last night.

ok, so it seems to be the first day of a new school. well, actually it's more like a camp. in fact, it's a place of learning, which seems to be more advanced than any i've found myself in so far. more relaxed, informal, like a college or university kinda feel.
    the students are all roughly the same age (level of ability?).
    there's an even mix of male/female there.
    we are all in very good spirits. it's a friendly happy vibe.
    we're out doors, the weather is good, blue skies, sunshine.
    a teacher appears, and rounds us all up into a group.
    he seems only slightly older than us.

he leads us thru a couple of streets, into what loks like a town square.
    on all sides of the square, are rows of houses.
    we're instructed to pick a house each. this is to be our living quarters while we're attending.
    everyone runs toward the house they like the look of. each house is slightly different looking.

i pick one, it looks a bit shabby. old, lived in.
    the windows are boarded up with wood, which has faded painted patterns around the edge. kinda reminds me of an old fashioned gypsy caravan decoration.
    to be honest, the house has a feel about it, definite character, which seems to put some others off it, but i find it quite exciting, so i choose it.

when we've each chosen our houses, we meet in the square, sitting on the concrete, in the sun.
    we're all laughing and joking.
    one of the girls starts to tease the teacher a bit. the others follow suit.
    it's all good fun.

the teacher starts to lay some things out on the ground in front of us, objects, which i can't remember now.
    it seems they must be arranged in a certain way, and he doesn't seem too sure about the layout.
    i ask him if it's his first day too?

he chuckles but doesn't respond.

as we watch him, three older, official looking teachers come over and talk to him. they all go over to my house, and the older teachers say something to him.
    he comes back over, and asks whos house it is.

he says i'm not allowed to stay in it, it's not safe for students.
    apparently there is some kind of energy there, a "ghost" of sorts.
    he offers me his house to stay in, and he takes mine.
    i make a joke about my "poor beautiful little house", then go to check out the one i'll be staying in...
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

Re: a new school?

Hello, Neil.

The places we chose to live in usually tell a lot about ourselves. Your home is your outer representation.

Usually home would be self, but this would refer to a home you live in already. Here you chose this home for the qualities you see in it. It is very interesting you call it "character."

Now, you see, if this is indeed your "character" projected into the dream scene, you have to wonder about the things associated with it - shabby, old (issues), faded paint (lack of proper maintenance), boarded-up windows (abandonment) and finally a ghost (from the past?)...

So, what is the attraction of consciously chosing a house that has all these issues? Why would you identify yourself with such symbols if you do have a choice?

Be well,
    Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    Hello, Neil.

So, what is the attraction of consciously chosing a house that has all these issues? Why would you identify yourself with such symbols if you do have a choice?
    good question.
    i think this experience is pointing out the issues i have to deal with in my life.
    all of them are relevant to me in some way.

they are only affecting me until i choose to deal with them and tidy up my house, i guess.

now that i think of it, i was asking for guidance on what i need to move forward and realise my true self...

ok, so, let's take abandonment, for example.
    now, i can think of two times where i've felt traumatised by being abandoned by someone.
    once as a baby, my first memory actually, and then by my first love.
    how do i go about mending that kind of issue?

maybe there's a need for a soul retrieval here?
    my experiences over the past few years have left me with no doubt that i'm never truly alone. abandonment isn't something i consciously worry about....
    and yet, when i look back at my life, i can see patterns that could very well be the result of a fear of abandonment...

Blog Entries

Hello, Neil.

We always tend to think of metaphysical answers, but this might be more an issue of conscious processing. Maybe you need to process this with someone who knows how to do this. Whether that is a trained therapist or an empathic healer - I think it doesn't matter. Just someone who knows how to do the deep processing work.

Sometimes you need to pour it out, make it conscious and have someone to process with. If you have spiritual friends that can help. But you said you are just setting out to build this new life, so these might be yet to come.

Maybe you can set simply an intention to find a way to deal with the issues present in this dream. Each day you take one aspect of this house - the boarded-up windows for example. You set an intention out loud, once, to learn more about the issue presented by this symbol. Then you simply observe what happens to you in the following time - in meditation, in further dreams, when you pick up a book and it opens to a certain page, overheard conversations, or what friends or other people bring up. Just be open and observant.

This might help bringing further clarity as well, and lead to the beginning of the path of how to resolve this for good. You don't need to know the answers yet. Let your Higher Self lead you there. Be open to clues and hints, symbols, omens and messages. Just put the question out.

Aw, shucks, another metaphysical solution.

Take care,
    Oliver

yeah, i have been thinking along those lines today...
    i do have someone here i could talk to about it...an old spiritual friend who just came back at the same time as i did.
    and as i seem to be getting good responses from guidance, i'll be making some very specific requests...

cheers Oliver. your insights and thoughts are always helpful.