Quote Originally Posted by Red Arrow
...there are those who are very, very stealth and may carry a glamour which hides the miasma; they are so good as to warrant a name all their own (hmmm, not sure what, just yet... Uber, or Master Feeder? Feeder Divas? ).
I like "Feeder Diva". I'm going to use that.

Also, what we're describing now is bordering on Narcissistic Personality Disorder:

http://web.archive.org/web/200501060451 ... sticpd.htm

Feeders using glamors especially resembles this trait of NPD:

(6) is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
To be a truly effect exploiter, one has to employ subtle manipulation, one has to have a front, a mask, a valence, a smokescreen, a glamor.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Arrow
They use mirrors by which they attempt to reflect back what they dearly want/need for themselves vibrationally - meaning, they reflect your own goodness to you, so that you are pulled in by that drumbeat which you recognize subconsciously, you feel a 'connection' with them, and this is part of the allure.
This hits close to home for me. I've experienced this too. I think two things are going on here:

(1) there are feeder divas who are consciously manipulative, mirroring back your words to you so as to build a rapport of trust; (2) there are lower level feeders who, because of a lack of substance, automatically and subconsciously mimic others. If we focus exclusively on the surface, especially on words, it's very easy to be tricked and think we've met a kindred spirit when we're really dealing with a skilled manipulator or a shallow person without much of a stable identity.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
The bait-and-switch feeders.
I would hazard to say that if you consistently experience this with a person, you're dealing with a feeder diva.