Quote Originally Posted by Tutor
    as above, so below; as below so above
    Who said it's reversible?

Oliver
    Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerald_tablet

Blog Entries

Re: Energy Feeding

Oh, well, if it's in Wikipedia it MUST be true!
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Ouroboros Guest

Pfft...I mean, c'mon, it's edited by THE PEOPLE! If ya can't trust your neighbor with deep spiritual truths, who can ya trust?

dreamosis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    You can see this kind of reasoning everywhere - "This will make me happy. I need this, I need that, and that will make me happy. I will be finally happy when I have this." When you start to enforce such an idea by sheer willpower, you can go on for a while, even in opposition to your own soul. Your willpower keeps you on going even while you have not the support of the soul. Your life force level drops, you start to feel unhappy. And in the worst case even your unhappiness acts as a reinforcement of your compulsion - only getting what you think you need will make you happy, right?
    I think this is really insightful, by the way. If a person is largely focused on getting satisfaction through having, rather than through the feelings that arise spontaneously out of living a principled life full of love, I can see how they would fall into vampiric patterns.

Blog Entries

Hello, dreamosis.

It's an exploitation pattern. The whole exploitation principle behind our economic dealings - we take whatever we can wherever we can without a thought beyond short-term gain - I'd say that's the same. It's "satisfaction through having" as you would put it. We as a society never stop and think, we perpetuate the pattern. Can't exactly say we're a happy society, either.

Be well,
    Oliver

the statement "as above so below" is "part" of a long string of polarized reversibles. i cannot remember the entirety. this orginates with Thoth/egyptian or what is called "ATU".

i have have seen it written reversed in quotes of Hindu origin.

"what you bind on earth is also bound in heaven" = "as below so above"

if then, earth is below? where is this hell of lowest import?

if it is you whom ascends, then it is you which had descended.

"the depth of sorrow is the height of joy"

"it is only when one knows they are lost that they are on the verge of being found".

beginning and end are the same point in a circle - Ourosboros

"the way one begins their day is the way their day shall end". or the day ended just as it had begun.

Word says that it is so, from all corners of the global culture.

but the whole of the statement starts like this:

as above so below, as below so above; as within so without, as without so within; (and i cannot remember the rest of it)

these sorts of quotes have to do with the 'shift' where polarities shift, as up becoming fown, left become right, in become out...etc, wherein such statements both sides of it are stated.

this because, in the many pov's, folks are not all in, or down, or left..., some are out, up, and right.

so, if you are up on everything that is lit we might together be down with that which when being all in nothing is left out...right?

such are words, that say so. hermetics is akin to transcendance of religion/philosophy, transcended would be all of what is scribed as scripture rendered as sameness, all from one voiced source having been both aroused and arising from ONE. "ATU" is what the Emerald Tablets is all about, Aleph and Tua = ATU = The gateless Gate..etc, that would however lead to, through many gates and from.

tim
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

Blog Entries

Emerald Tablet of Thoth

Quote Originally Posted by Tutor
    as above so below, as below so above; as within so without, as without so within; (and i cannot remember the rest of it)
    Here is ne translation of The Emerald Tablet- the latin can be found in the link.

"Truly, without Deceit, certainly and absolutely —

That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, in the accomplishment of the Miracle of One Thing. And just as all things have come from One, through the Mediation of One, so all things follow from this One Thing in the same way.

Its Father is the Sun. Its Mother is the Moon. The Wind has carried it in his Belly. Its Nourishment is the Earth. It is the Father of every completed Thing in the whole World. Its Strength is intact if it is turned towards the Earth. Separate the Earth by Fire: the fine from the gross, gently, and with great skill.

It rises from Earth to Heaven, and then it descends again to the Earth, and receives Power from Above and from Below. Thus you will have the Glory of the whole World. All Obscurity will be clear to you. This is the strong Power of all Power because it overcomes everything fine and penetrates everything solid.

In this way was the World created. From this there will be amazing Applications, because this is the Pattern. Therefore am I called Thrice Greatest Hermes, having the three parts of the Wisdom of the whole World.

Herein have I completely explained the Operation of the Sun."

So you don't have to reverse anything, because it it the same, above and below.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

"reverse' meaning only in the particular word as "turning" that IT is a two way street, a polarity.

as i've often said, these words betray us, but we would use/utilize them toward the best purpose of paraphrasing what truly is as "nothing new under he sun".

but this polarity is not of the relative world, to be sure. these words you've copy/pasted are on an absolute verticle polarization toward and into, thus intersecting what is our world pov as horizontal polarity - bad and good. 3rd eye

one can lay such in here in an absolute fashion as you have, yet they are going to be read in relative betraying terms. this is usually why i do not copy and paste such age old remarkables.

i generally lay it out into relatives with absolute hooks so that folks can go looking for themselves. we are not given fish to eat so we can sit around without meaning and purpose, but we are taught how to fish so that by example others see how to fish, toward equal meaning and purpose of all concerned.

god is not creative of appetites without the means to purposefully feed themselves.

pretty much everything in that copy/pasted quote has to do with our within, and nothing to do with our relative stance from externals derived.

sure, it is all relatively used words, but means little to nothing without any one's being/becoming absolutely conscious within of their true utility.

and that's not to say that I am personally absolutely conscious of the true utility within myself. but, i do understand the difference between usage and utility, and am therefore becoming, just like everyone else is I faithfully suspect.

ergo, even as the winds do blow, also does the sun suck, it redeeming all things through and through, toward newness in every breath taken up, and once again given out in exhaled wonderment.

it is unceasing renewal. the breath - inhalation, held, exhalation, held...ad infinitum.

'one' holds twice (behold/uphold) a child born twice

'one' inhaling refuses nothing - masculine - father of all

'one' exhaling gives everything - feminine - the body of (Child) born thrice, which lends to "it is not what one takes into their mouth that defiles them, it is what would come out of the mouth that may defile" - paraphrase.

therefore, what would you, thought bearing, have said of the world outlying? thus, carefully holding that thought born on the exhalation, and inhale toward nurturing held within.

physician heal thyself as 'whole', for even as you do not realize it, you systemically are wholey causal to what the world is in the sharing of mass effects. be account-abled 'in' the inhalation and response-abled 'of' the exhalation. hold this earth and hold our world upon it as uttermost sacred, or you are not being sacredness indeeds.

three living things as one, orchestrating Life 'as it is'.

I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

dreamosis Guest

Hmmm...I've pretty much taken it for granted that "As above, so below" implies "As below, so above."

For the sake of interest, Jesus taught the second principle in the gospels:

Matt 16:19 “I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." - NIV
    Of course, reading over that verse, it seems like being able to bind on earth/heaven requires the "keys of the kingdom." What are these "keys"? An understanding of the principles of energy/soul/spirit?

A useful view of the principle of Correspondence (as it's called in The Kybalion) is that: what happens in the body can affect the soul, or at least the interface between body and soul.

This is interesting to consider in the context of Energy Feeders. If a person constantly dwells on negative emotions, their physical body may eventually become habituated to them, perhaps even less able to experience positive emotions. I'm only speculating here, but in the same way that the connective tissue and muscles become hardened over time by bad posture (and make it more difficult to maintain a healthy posture), the body and brain could become "hardened" by negative emotion and less able to maintain or initiate positive emotion.

If this can happen, what does that mean in terms of the body/mind/spirit worldview? I would say it means that the spirit, by nature positive, is less able to communicate to the body. A person less connected to their own inner source, might be likelier to predate upon others -- to try to tap the energy-well of others.

Of course, in practice no one gets to be in quicksand depression by the action of their body alone. It's the mind/soul that's dwelling on negativity and the body is the victim, if you will, of that dwelling. So what you have is the above affecting the below, but evenutally you have the below affecting the above too. We may be very ready to move on from a wound or trauma on a mental level...but if that trauma (even if only emotional) has seriously affected our physiology, we will have to deal with the effects of that trauma for as long as it takes the body to reset or heal.

So it's easy to see how a person could be trapped in cycles of vampirism. Even if they consciously want to choose positive attitudes, etc., their body may be telling them that they're hopelessly unhappy and there's no point. From months or years of indulging in negativity, the body is accustomed to producing the chemicals of negativity.