To call this dream Caterpillar Woman, as I did in my dream diary, would be misleading given the context of this site so I've renamed it here.

Mon June 14 (Written much later in the day but easily recalled).

I’m watching this as a movie. James Bond tries to seduce a woman. I seem to be her now. He gives me a card and expects me to turn up at some event. I know this will some way limit or confine me and I’m not at all tempted.

The story has returned to a third person perspective. Something is done to the woman. Now she is totally paralysed. Her limbs are possibly gone and her body is grub-like or she’s bound mummy-like from head to foot.

Two men have bricked her into a wall and operate on her from an entry point above her head. They create a face in the crown of her head (where a face would be if she were in fact a pupa). As soon as they cut in a hole for a mouth she begins to make an exclamatory sound. I feel it will be a moan of pain but it’s not. She can suddenly move, despite her confinement within the wall. She can wriggle now but could not after whatever was done to her. She can express herself through the mouth at the top of her head (her old face doesn’t work) and she expresses joy that some of her freedom has returned.

When I awake, I’m left with the conviction that her brick wall was a type of cocoon and that she would ultimately emerge through the opening at her head and develop wings.

It was a curious dream; not horrifying, as you'd imagine. I felt initially that it was in some ways about the fate of the feminine intuitive aspect that was once able to move and express freely but was then seduced and bound, even though it sensed and tried to evade its coming imprisonment. In its confinement it is temporarily immobilized. A brick wall is built around and there is a left-brain /scientific/ surgical attempt to alter it. It ultimately has no choice but to change its face and while such a change may be a hideous mutation (to a lower form – a grub) it is, in fact a movement in an upward direction that will ultimately lead to metamorphosis.

Now I've typed this, I suspect it's also about incarnating on earth among other things.

I've also noticed the recurrence of the "secret agent" motif.

Input welcome.