Thread: A few challenges on the way

Blog Entries

A few challenges on the way

This one from last night. Only need enough sleep and it happens. Reminder to myself - be strict about going to bed early.

I know there were some things going on before the part I remember, but, hey, I almost forgot the whole dream anyway, so I take what I get!

I was at some kind of office party, mingling with co-workers. Except most I don't know IRL. Some people were actually from my high school and so on. Several people flock around a computer where they see a demonstration of the new test program.

I'm standin in the hallway, chatting with others. We talk about the education we've finished before taking the job. As in real life I say I finished technical college. Somehow this seems to be a level 3. Others have sligthly less, but there are several who graduated from a research college. (IRL this makes a pay difference.) There seems to be a level 5 associated with it. I wonder for myself if my current skills would qualify me for a level 5 position. I come to the conclusion that currently they don't. (This level system is not used at my RL job.)

I decide to leave the happy round, as I intend to drive home to visit my mom's place. I remember from an earlier part of the dream that I have a dorm room here in the building where I put my stuff when I arrived. So I try to go back there. On the way out I meet a woman who is our team assistant and ask her if she would join me, but she say this time she will not.

I go up two flights of stairs. As I stand up there I first can only see two flights of stairs leading down from the landing, but no entrance to the level I am on and no stairs leading further upwards. I am puzzled. Convinced there must be one I have a strange change of perspective, as if I decide to look at it another way than I used to. There is a door now, I enter.

I walk through room without much lighting. I'm walking over a floor with white tiles. I have some overall perception of it, it is a one-step platform shaped like a diamond. The tiles form a diamond shape, there is at least another one ahead of me, but I have to step down and up to get there. On the other hand I cannot even see my next step from the in-body perspective. Intuitively I stop at the end of the platform without seeing the end and step off. I make it through that room.

The next room has weird architecture. The walls are sloped. But the really weird thing is that there are rectangular holes in the floor without any handrails. You could simply walk a few steps and drop down a floor (at least). It all indicates that the building is a structure of many layers/levels and of complex design, and that I'm close to the top (sloped walls like under a roof). The whole perspective makes me dizzy, as I'm not free from giddiness. I have to walk by one of the holes, and I touch the sloped wall with my left hand to steady myself and not get vertigo or something. I make it through that room, too.

The next room is kind of like a cathedral, but a modern one. It has really tall walls. As I come to an intersection, I turn left. On the right side there is a preacher waiting. He stands on a wooden platform behind railings and a lectern. I have the feeling that his role is to create an atmosphere, that he would read out something and within these halls it would create an interesting, impressive effect. He's just standing there.

I walk by to the end of the hall. The whole wall in front of me looks like it is built of huge, smokey glass cubes that are somewhat translucent. They let through many dim lights of different colors. I open the door. I instantly think that this is not my exit, I expect to see a chapel of sorts. Instead I see several silvery metal caskets standing around. I close the door again and turn back.

I shortly contemplate to ask the preacher for directions but decide not to. As I try to evade him two people walk by the way I originally came in from, heading in the straight direction. They wear a white cloth over black cloth like I've seen with Catholic acolytes. The preacher, I think, was all in black. He now runs towards them to catch up with them, it seems.

The next memory I'm not sure about, but I have vague recall of a dark grey ball/sphere being thrown by the preacher, I think towards me. I see him in facing me throwing something as he runs by, reminds of passing a ball in midrun as in handball or basketball, maybe.

I think I decide to go the way of the acolytes, but that's all I recall.

The original scene repeats the symbol "co-workers" (people who working together - for spiritual development). There's also a reference to "preparing for a test" when the "test tool" is presented, which runs on a computer, which could indicate a simulation.

The levels of college education seem to be a symbol for what kind of learning/lessons one has "graduated" from, so I am in the company (pardon the pun, but I think it was intended) of people of similar and superior learning. The numbers could refer to energy bodies, and I give myself an assessment where I am now, and where I am not. Possibly also about the future potential. I initially thought about soul age (which is equivalent to the term "learning/lessons one has graduated from") here, too.

I find it funny that the woman is a "team assistant." I have to admit it's my company's term for secretary, but even there they do a lot of organizing and keeping track of things. I think what's important here is the term, which is to be taken literal. This time I have to leave without my team assistant, which could mean some kind of challenge is afoot.

The next three things that happen do indeed feel like challenges. I go upstairs and find no door, and the door only "appears" after I change the way I perceive things. I would say some sort of inner sense must have become active here. Of course it would have also been possible I manifested the door, but I remember a weird change of perspective. At several times in the dream perspectives outside of myself seem to have been available to me, including seeing the landing with the two stairs leading down from above.

Walking through the dark-ish room is the next challenge, where I have to rely on my intuition not to stumble. Even though I cannot see my next step in front of me I know how the whole scene (without me) looks from above.

In the third room I have to deal with a challenging perspective that makes me dizzy. Maybe that can be interpreted aside from the visual itself "dealing with challenging (dizzying) perspectives." I steady myself and pass through this as well. So, so far I have dealt with "changing my own perspective," "relying on my intuition" and "dealing with challenging perspectives."

I wonder if the glass cubes in the cathedral would have been more translucent if I would have been more clear or lucid. The dim lights looked beautiful, though.

That's not the first time where I have dreamed of caskets. They seem to be some kind of marker of where I am.

Preacher and acolytes seem to denote different levels of being. The job of the preacher seems to have been interwoven with the locale itself, that's why I thought he was there to give the place atmosphere. BTW, I wondered why he did not talk to the acolytes, nothing was said, not even a "Hey, wait for me."

As so often when I encounter someone whom in hindsight as a guide or another helpful being my reflex is to evade them. In another dream I did the same with a forest ranger.

I think the ball was a ROTE being thrown, however I have no recall of receiving any information. It was thrown like "Hey, catch!" Maybe that's the reason why I perceived no talking - wrong expectation about the form of communication happening there. Maybe the dark grey color meant that I had trouble understanding it - like something opaque (to me).

Oliver

Blog Entries

Re: A few challenges on the way

Some other associations/ questions. I don't know if they'll be helpful at all. Generally I think you've made a good start but there may be a few other areas to consider.

I was at some kind of office party, mingling with co-workers. Except most I don't know IRL. Some people were actually from my high school and so on. Several people flock around a computer where they see a demonstration of the new test program.
    Something to celebrate.

Consider the connotations of the term "office":

place of business where professional or clerical duties are performed; "he rented an office in the new building"
    agency: an administrative unit of government;
    function: the actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group; "the function of a teacher"; "the government must do its part"; "play its role"
    (of a government or government official) holding an office means being in power; "being in office already gives a candidate a great advantage"; "during his first year in office"; "during his first year in power"; "the power of the president"
    professional or clerical workers in an office; "the whole office was late the morning of the blizzard"
    a religious rite or service prescribed by ecclesiastical authorities; "the offices of the mass"
    position: a job in an organization; "he occupied a post in the treasury"
    http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...M&ved=0CBQQkAE

High school can also be an indicator of the level of lesson being offered in the new test.

I'm standing in the hallway, chatting with others

A place of transition and choices.

I go up two flights of stairs. As I stand up there I first can only see two flights of stairs leading down from the landing, but no entrance to the level I am on and no stairs leading further upwards. I am puzzled. Convinced there must be one I have a strange change of perspective, as if I decide to look at it another way than I used to. There is a door now, I enter.
    This would seem to suggest that you’ll move upward when you consider a new direction. Open doors suggest opportunities.

I walk through room without much lighting.
    Feelings of uncertainty – lacking clear illumination

I'm walking over a floor with white tiles.
    A clean slate?

I have some overall perception of it, it is a one-step platform shaped like a diamond. The tiles form a diamond shape, there is at least another one ahead of me, but I have to step down and up to get there.
    Perhaps this is about where you’ve already been, steps you took already?

The next room has weird architecture. The walls are sloped. But the really weird thing is that there are rectangular holes in the floor without any handrails. You could simply walk a few steps and drop down a floor (at least).
    Did this make you feel unsafe or was it something you observed objectively?

It all indicates that the building is a structure of many layers/levels and of complex design, and that I'm close to the top (sloped walls like under a roof).
    Classically, a complex building like this can represent parts of the psyche. It could be related to memory and experience, spiritual insights/development, the chakras, intellect and heart.

The whole perspective makes me dizzy, as I'm not free from giddiness. I have to walk by one of the holes, and I touch the sloped wall with my left hand to steady myself and not get vertigo or something. I make it through that room, too.
    So disorientation leads to the risk of falling but you don’t (didn’t).

The next room is kind of like a cathedral, but a modern one. It has really tall walls. As I come to an intersection, I turn left.
    At a point of choice you chose/choose logic over intuition. You’ve already used intuition and it served you even though your female guide (intuition) said she wasn’t coming.

On the right side there is a preacher waiting. He stands on a wooden platform behind railings and a lectern.
    Direction again. Right - correct? Right - intuitive?

This dream character is above you and behind a barrier.

Note that the wood is recurring (might be significant, connected to the other dream?)

I have the feeling that his role is to create an atmosphere, that he would read out something and within these halls it would create an interesting, impressive effect. He's just standing there.
    Perhaps he represents ritual or speculation. Consider how you feel about him.

I walk by to the end of the hall. The whole wall in front of me looks like it is built of huge, smokey glass cubes that are somewhat translucent.
    Some ability to see beyond the room into what's next.

There are diamonds, rectangles, cubes in this dream so far. Why, do you think?

They let through many dim lights of different colors.
    Glimpses of other colours/ ideas/ ways of being/realities?

I open the door. I instantly think that this is not my exit, I expect to see a chapel of sorts. Instead I see several silvery metal caskets standing around. I close the door again and turn back.
    This possibly symbolizes a cold death of sorts/dead end that you reject.

I shortly contemplate to ask the preacher for directions but decide not to.
    Because you don’t trust the for effect approach? You don't know if he's what's left or if he's right?

As I try to evade him two people walk by the way I originally came in from, heading in the straight direction.
    Is this the right direction?

They wear a white cloth over black cloth like I've seen with Catholic acolytes. The preacher, I think, was all in black. He now runs towards them to catch up with them, it seems.
    So he's senior to them but he has to catch up with them.

You really need to work out the colour associations here, I feel. Does the black of the preacher represent a safe conservatism, lack of colour you’ve barely glimpsed/ a death? Is the answer black and white? Sorry, I'm not trying to confuse you, just wanting you to notice what's in your dream. I don't know what it means but you will.

The next memory I'm not sure about, but I have vague recall of a dark grey ball/sphere being thrown by the preacher, I think towards me. I see him in facing me throwing something as he runs by, reminds of passing a ball in midrun as in handball or basketball, maybe.
    Being asked to carry the ball? Not a crystal ball but a grey one that combines the black and the white but still doesn’t offer the colour. You’re being invited into a game? Do you know the rules? Do you want to play with the preacher?

I think I decide to go the way of the acolytes, but that's all I recall.
    An acolyte is supposedly there to assist the preacher. Is this how you perceived them in the dream?
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Re: A few challenges on the way

Hello, Beek.

For me "office" means "work" or "business." We come together to work towards a goal or on a common project.

I think the acolytes where simply at another level of development than the preacher. Acolyte and priest would be a religious hierarchy (of authority), which here is used to symbolise a spiritual hierarchy (of development). I would say that the preacher, who stands above and is associated with this place, hastens towards the acolytes because his nature is service.

I would have said about the lack of lighting that the point was to rely on intuition when the situation is unclear.

A diamond built out of quadratic tiles. A rectangular hole. Glass cubes. Maybe all a question of "the right angle?" Even the slopes form a right-angle triangle together with the floor.

The holes in the floor made me feel dizzy, this was rather unsettling. The feeling where you consider for the moment if you'd rather hug the floor to feel better. It took some courage to proceed.

I don't really remember that I turned left but somehow for it all to fit together I might have? The caskets might mean "a dead end" (ouch, the pun!).

I actually thought about the nature of the wood. It was not as dark, but it seemed to not be new wood either. It had a wonderful golden-brown tone.

I don't like preachers. But I think it was just his function, and I was taking the looks literal, instead. I expected him to preach down from his lectern but he never did.

The different colors reminded me of the colored windows from churches, but achieved by colored light through smoky glass instead of colored glass. The patterns of the light were unevenly distributed and of different size, forming a pattern that in distribution would look like a cluster of stars but not quite.

I don't know why so much here is black and white - maybe that's the kind of reasoning I get stuck in here? The ball is maybe grey to represent a more refined understanding of the situation, a shade of grey, not the stark contrast of black opposing white. So, I think the message from the preacher would have refined my black-and-white understanding into a more subtle, refined one.

Cheers,
    Oliver