Thread: Skiing on my heels

Blog Entries

Skiing on my heels

I don't know how this one started, but I'm on the top of a big slope, a hill for skiing. I don't have skis on, I never ever used to ski anyway. Well, I just put my weight on my heels and start down the hill as if I actually had skis. I curve left and right. It all looks like real skiing.

Somewhere along the hill I spot my ex-g/f. I stop to talk to her. We talk for a while, and then she mentions some guy named "Jonah" finally arriving, must be her new b/f. Well, I'm not terribly into meeting him so I'm off and go down the rest of the hill.

The motion was interesting. It was effortless gliding like ice skating, but downhill. I can't ice skate either.

Oliver

Re: Skiing on my heels

i'd say that whatever Oliver's love impressed her with is what through her present eyes she looks for in another man, such as Jonah. you might ponder having lost a lover along the way, yet having once touched, there is no loss. there is only what each gave and/or took from the other.

if then Jonah has caught her eye, then it is because in her eyes she sees in him that which from you was given and taken.

you've gone on and climbed high, yet your image when called by love's eye cannot but answer, and down the mountain you go. this is the essense of spiritual love, that while spiritual ambition may climb, love also would without a thought descend to the call.

this dream also brings to you forgiveness, in that there was a call to come see and meet. for if you'd have unforgivingly wronged her, neither could you have climbed higher, nor would you have been called in the comparison of images.

so, if you harbor regret tied to this past relationship, you may confidently let it go. and that next step higher from where you turned to slide down is now your open pathway, simply because what had obstructed held you there till love called images together in reconciliation.

this we all are as togetherness, bound to one another beyond all reason that would seemingly part us in the world. this is why we practice faith, hope and charity (love) that endures to harm none, for in that, we are not harmed in obstructed way by unfinished business (regret) that refuses to let us take the next step up.

my take on your dream,

tim
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

the skiing/skating is a common way for me to travel in dreams/astral... very enjoyable it is.
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

sono Guest

Sounds such fun! I often travel on a very small, wheeled guitar plectrum (!?) on which I balance with ease!

But re your dream -Jonah - wasn't he the one that was "swallowed by a whale" in christian teachings? Absorbed into a great being that rides the waters=emotions? Would that mean that the ex girlfriend is doing all right, finding a new absorption, perhaps? And that your past relationship was in no way harmful & you can greet & pass by each other on your separate journeys?

Blog Entries

Thanks for the thoughts!

I think the relationship with my ex was helpful for us both, no doubt. I must have wondered at some point during the last week how she was doing now, and then this dream.

Yes, "Jonah" was the guy with the whale. I have very little bible knowledge, so this is a surprising symbol. I would associate this personally with an Enneagram Type Nine from my own personal history. I remember being given a whale postcard once as reference to that type.

Cheers,
    Oliver