Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: how to block undesirable astral visitors???

how to block undesirable astral visitors???

Has anyone experienced a simple, easy way to keep your bedroom an astral no-go area? I'm talking about people (living) who consciously or unconsciously visit in astral, with good intent and otherwise.

There's a lot of information on the internet, including this site, about getting you astrally mobile and remote viewing, but very little I can find on maintaining private space. There must be something to create a natural boundary. Even slugs know not to cross a line of static created by copper tape. This idea always brings to mind Robert's running water cure but having a moat of water churning around the bed all night seems a tad inpractical (if deliciously quirky). A circle of salt seems to work but needs constantly replacing and doesn't stop the rascals peeking in at you.

Please PM me if you prefer. I must get to the bottom of this. I just KNOW the answer is out there. And it's so simple a 5 year old could do it.

dreamosis Guest

Re: how to block undesirable astral visitors???

Are you talking about totally blocking any and all etheric/astral visitors from your room? Or just "undesirable" visitors?

And are you looking for a physical solution, like running water but simpler? Or do you want non-physical ideas for blocking unwanted visitors too?

If you're just talking about blocking out the conscious and unconscious influence, or full presence, of living human beings' energy from your sleeping area, I'm not sure there's anything foolproof. As I understand it, we're all connected all the time; human beings are tied through the collective unconscious which is continuous with the astral plane.

That said, human beings also have individuated consciousness. The simplest, most foolproof method I can think of for remaining free of the undesirable influence of other humans, is something a five year old could do, but is something that even fifty year olds have a hard time with: learning to recognize your individual energy versus others'.

I would say acquiring that knowledge and applying it is the most effective protection tool there is.

As far as quick and easy -- with the object of protecting your immediate, etheric surroundings from other humans -- maybe a circle of strong magnets? Building a moat of running water around your bed would be cost-prohibitive (and impractical for night-time trips to the toilet), but a setting up a circle of magnets would be relatively easy...

The easiest way to do it would probably be to build your own electromagnet that surrounds your bed. Here's a link on how to build an electromagnet with an iron nail, some copper wire, a wire clipper, and two D batteries:

http://education.jlab.org/qa/electromagnet.html

I built one like this in grade school when I was eleven.

Of course, I have no idea if it would really block out unwanted etheric/astral visitors. My best guess is that it would have more of an effect on the etheric, the energy plane closest to the physical, since the etheric seems to be receptive to physical measures. The astral is another matter... It's more removed from the physical and it's more mental in nature; again, as I understand it, we're connected to it by nature through our minds.

I know people who have used magnets in healing, and even in disrupting Neg attachments, but I haven't personally experimented with it other than meditating with a neodymium magnet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neodymium) on my forehead. I found myself very sensitive to it. It was slightly unpleasant to me. I've also had a healing session in which a practitioner used a strong magnet. I prefer simple hands-on healing; the feeling was weird -- to me physically and energetically.

I'm trying to imagine how I'd build an electromagnetic perimeter...

Maybe I'd purchase two long and two short, 1/2" thick or so, solid iron poles and have them welded together into a rectangle (corresponding with the dimensions of my bed). A big spool of copper wire. A car battery. I wonder how strong a magnet like that would be...

Edit: I don't recommend doing this without researching first. There's a lot of debate about electromagnetic pollution and what levels of exposure are safe for the body.

Blog Entries

A few things to add- in the astral, we already have set up a personal place, and usually it's the bedroom. That's because there is an unconscious given that it's your personal space and no one is allowed that isn't invited- except the spouse, significant other or children- but the unconscious/instinctive barriers are there, and usually they are not breached, unless you live in a college dorm with high traffic, or are the kind of 'relaxed' person who invites their friends into their bedroom, which brings about a very 'conditional' sense of privacy or territoriality.
    In theory, any kind of directed thought or ritual should do the trick- clearing with sage or incense (dragon's blood)- protective prayers and/or salt barriers should do the trick-
    However, please realize that sometimes your astral visitors are either self-aspects or 'elemental' type beings that were probably there before you moved in (or even built the place) who have a bigger sense of 'this' being 'their' place. But this, IMO is more an exception than a rule. And yes, the countermeasures I described should do the trick for elementals, but not for self aspects.
    Self aspects are objectively experienced, due to how the astral works, and sometimes they can seem unconcerned about your comfort- so there are many possibilities when it comes to who you are going to encounter.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

I put up a permanent energy barrier around my entire property. I originally started with just the bed, but that wasn't enough, so I went to the room, and then the house, and then I did the whole property because I got tired of stuff at the windows (mostly harmless stuff, but it unnerved me).

There are all kinds of ways to ward an area. Sigils can work, for example, and there's a ritual where you use salt around the perimeter, and I know of one called a "witch's jar" which I'm going to let you Google for yourself (it's kinda weird, but I'm told reliably that it works).

I just do the energy thing, which is, I form a grid of energy around, above, and under the area I want to protect, and then attach it to the earth to both ground and renew the energy source (i.e., I don't draw it from myself; I made that mistake years ago and it took ages to recover from it). While placing the grid, I think about or quietly say out loud what the barrier is for. In the case of my own property, it's to prevent the presence of anyone (material or otherwise) whose intentions are other than neutral or positive (which is a relative term, of course, but I know what it means, so it works ).

You might try a Google search for "protection ritual" and see what you turn up. Some things will resonate more than others with you. I couldn't be bothered with the salt on the perimeter thing, for example, but other rituals are things I would do (and I do use protective sigils and such).
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Spirits and other pure energy beings (that is they do not have a physical form anywhere) are rather easy to keep out. What CW wrote, does work very well.
    That also will work for most aimlessly floating around astral visitors.

The salt works very well against spirits, but you got to always open and close it after each breach and reentry. A living person who is in astral, can rather easily cross it anyway.

The trouble is really with living humans, who want to get through a shield. I know my shield gets basically impenetrable during the night, when I go asleep, but I do not know why. I already thought maybe to try to find out, so I can maybe tell others how to do it.

And even with the strongest shields, it seems they can be always breached, if someone does just put enough force into it. There is the idea of camouflaging also, but that only works, for people who are just aimlessly floating around. With a strong link already established, it is next to impossible to hide - as was said, everything is energetically connected.

One thing I found is to use protective stones, but I did not find anyone other then me, who would have tried how it works for them - mostly the problem is, that people have not found suitable stones.

@ CW: I did hear before, that one can ask the trees to help keep up energy constructs, like a shield. What is the energy source in the earth, that you use? That sounds like something, which might work for people who just start and do not have yet much energy available. Do you think it also would work in a town or in an apartment building on higher floors?
    + Alienor +

dreamosis Guest

Two more two cents:

In regards to living humans I've sometimes found that elaborate protective measures have a self-defeating effect -- that is, the more energy you put into protecting yourself, the more attention you attract.

A high chain-link fence with razor wire, spotlights, and big black-and-white signs saying "No Trespassing" is bound to arouse more curiosity than a simple yellow tape running around a property. And it's the same with energetically protecting yourself.

At times I've found that setting up complex protections, i.e. invoking deity, visualizing barriers, burning incense, laying down salt, etc., is an exercise in paranoia -- and, following the laws of energy, fear attracts reasons to be afraid.

I'm not discounting any of the above methods, but I'm saying this: overall I've found that I feel more protected by turning my attention to my inner, inviolable, immortal, joyful self than I ever do by using protection techniques or rituals.

I also think what CFTraveler had to say about self-aspects is so important. It can be difficult to know the difference between intimidating self-aspects and real, external negative presences, but you only hinder your own spiritual evolution by ignoring projected aspects of yourself.

After reading through this thread, I tend to think that learning protection techniques and rituals is probably better for a person in the long run than opting for a passive, physical countermeasure like an electromagnet. Technology has stunted our spiritual growth in a lot of ways...

To me, the number one priority -- beyond immediate safety -- is dealing with my fear. Fear attracts fear. Joy attracts joy. Peace, groundedness, and feeling safe attracts peace, groundedness, and feeling safe (and reasons to be those things too).

Ignoring projected self-aspects, negative energies from friends, family, or coworkers, or even Negs, won't repel any of those things. Just focusing on the opposite of fear, whatever you define that is, won't magically eliminate the chance of undesirable influence or visitation; however, fear will probably increase the chances of it.

Think about a five year old dealing with bullies. The fastest, most effective way to deal with bullies is to bring a knife or gun to school. A gun gives you a lot of power, protects you well, but it doesn't necessarily make you stronger. Take away the gun and you're the same, picked-on kid. Better for a kid to learn how to stand up herself to bullies than to rely on toys and tricks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dreamosis
    In regards to living humans I've sometimes found that elaborate protective measures have a self-defeating effect -- that is, the more energy you put into protecting yourself, the more attention you attract.
    I know this isn't what you're getting at, but the warding on my property includes humans. There were some neighbors I preferred stay away, and since I specifically warded against HUMAN persons (those with other than good or neutral intentions), I haven't seen hide nor hair of them near my place. There were a couple of kids I found annoying and to be a bad influence on my kids, and while they do still come around now and then, the circumstances of their family life has changed in such a way that it's really not a problem now.

Definitely possible to ward for human interference. Just make sure you allow people like mail carriers and parcel deliveries and such.

I've found that I feel more protected by turning my attention to my inner, inviolable, immortal, joyful self than I ever do by using protection techniques or rituals.
    Well, I would agree with that. I ward my place because I like my privacy and I got tired of weird little astral creatures pressing their noses to the windows all the time. Shoo!

I tend to think that learning protection techniques and rituals is probably better for a person in the long run than opting for a passive, physical countermeasure like an electromagnet.
    Oh, yes, absolutely. And while things like crystals or running water can help in an immediate sense, you have the problem if what happens if you lose or misplace your talisman, or your fountain stops working, etc.

Fear attracts fear. Joy attracts joy. Peace, groundedness, and feeling safe attracts peace, groundedness, and feeling safe (and reasons to be those things too).
    Agree one hundred percent.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

dreamosis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CaterpillarWoman
    I know this isn't what you're getting at, but the warding on my property includes humans. ... Definitely possible to ward for human interference.
    Definitely, and I didn't mean to argue against using wards for humans. Experimenting with electric violet energy and energy barriers, I've seen automatic results with strangers on the bus and coworkers.

The personal experience behind me saying that protective measures sometimes attract attention rather than shut it out has more to do with what I've done with my energy body around feeders and negative people. In general, experience has shown me that I'm better off "flying under the radar" and letting others' negativity slide off me than actively resisting influence. It's like this: instead of putting up a shield against a person's hostility, I just let it flow through me and down my grounding without reacting to it. If I don't react, almost nothing gets stuck in me.

I remember when I was a teenager, a friend slept over. We'd eaten on the patio and left our plates out all night. The next morning, when we went to clean up, the plates were swarming with bees. My instinct was to grab a can of bug spray, but my friend stopped me and just calmly walked out onto the patio, collected the plates, gently pushed away the bees and came in without one sting. There were probably thirty or so bees, but my friend wasn't afraid.

I've tended toward the Walk Without Fear approach in my relationship to subtle worlds, but it isn't natural to me. I'm the one who reached for the bug spray! And, truth be told (as I wrote in the "OBEs while awake" thread) low-level fear has held me back. The other night I awoke to do some dreamwork and, for the first time in this new apartment, had hairs raising all over my body with the creepy being watched feeling. As a result I'll be doing some clearing work and work with wards.

sleeper Guest

how do you know that they're undesirable? what i mean is this: every night is a new night, every visit a new visit.

a mistake i am very guilty of making is lashing out at everyone i find standing over my bed - sadly, many of them have been desirable visitors; even friends, and guides. i have made a promise to myself that every time i awake, i will assess the situation i find myself in before acting.

often, I awake at the tail end of a projection and all i have to do is relax and focus on holding my mind clear; and let my double settle back in, and recall the adventures.

If some of them are only visiting they might be desirable visitors. Just a thought.

dreamosis Guest

sleeper actually brings up a crucial point. Spiritual evolution is not always cozy. Sometimes growing as a spirit is challenging.

I think because our collective senses have been shut down for so long, we want all our encounters with other worlds to be nice, predictable, affirming, and blissful. Certainly a higher positive being would not be overtly rude, contradictory, insulting, or spew anger and hate. However, our evolution is not restricted to interaction with purely positive humans and spirits. Our evolution includes interactions with neutral and negative beings, human or otherwise.

Every spirit guide you've interacted with did not get to be a spirit guide by walling itself off against the troublesome and unpleasant aspects of existence.

Properly viewed, any prison is a school, any attack is a lesson, any negative influence is a chance to transcend.

I'm remembering reading the Carlos Castaneda books right now. I forget which book, but in one of them, don Juan tells Carlos that a person can't become a warrior without a petty tyrant. Following the Tao, we only know beauty as beauty because there is ugliness, we only know desirable visitors because there are undesirable visitors.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast